As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games Done Quick: See You Next Mission

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    That was a really good run to start with.

They did an awesome job of explaining it as it was going for people who werent familiar with it, showed off some really skill intensive stuff, and it was a pretty new game from a popular series too.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I get the feeling that song wasn't rehearsed. Call it a hunch.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Sweet, Grant Kirkhope on Skype during the Banjo-Kazooie run right now. Second time he's done this, very cool though.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    AGDQ is one of the more interesting things that happens with gaming streams every year. Generally I turn on my TV, use a console to navigate to the stream and it stays on whenever I'm in my apartment.

I will say I know people really like Kart racers, and racing games in general but they're my least favorite to watch.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I'm watching games I've played from last years archive and it is blowing my mind

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    AGDQ is one of the more interesting things that happens with gaming streams every year. Generally I turn on my TV, use a console to navigate to the stream and it stays on whenever I'm in my apartment.

I will say I know people really like Kart racers, and racing games in general but they're my least favorite to watch.

Diddy Kong Racing is not that exciting to watch, yeah.

Mario Kart Wii is up next. Should be interesting since I'll be playing Mario Kart 8 at the same time.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    I should've posted this earlier, but someone made a live stats site for watching AGDQ that's really damn cool.

Shows the next 5 runs, graphs to show the donation total, viewer count, Twitch chat messages/minute, most common words in Twitch chat, Tweet mentions/minute and Tweet locational information, most of the graphs by time, showing when particular games started as well. Really neat, looks like the max viewership happened during Banjo Kazooie at 126k.

I'm glad MKWii is shorter than the race, I'm looking froward to the TAS block though.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    holy motherfucking shit marioception

• Options
    That was literally magic, as far as I understood it.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Did.....

Did they just....

Wait what just happened.

Is everything Mario now.

Am I Mario?

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I think they just made twitch chat in pokemon.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Pokemon Plays Twitch.

edit: holy shit. This is witchery, done by actual real witches.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I think they just made twitch chat in pokemon.

They did!

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    tasbot greatest speedrunner of all time

of all time

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    The tool assisted stuff is such a different pace that I wish they'd do tasbot intermissions, just showing off the creative stuff between setups. Just keep him rigged up in the corner with a big intermission button. Next year Tasbot will host AGDQ and invest in the stock market, defeating cancer by himself.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Glory to the Dome!

@21stCentury‌
    If you're online, Transistor is up next.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    So wait, does this mean we could have Pokemon play Twitch play Pokemon?

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    So wait, does this mean we could have Pokemon play Twitch play Pokemon?
    Yes, but the input lag would be even worse.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Speaking of lag... I don't know if it is my wireless but Twitch is getting worse and worse the longer this goes on.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Mine was only bad until the stream crashed during the mario kart wii run.

But, lol google fiber. Been running it on source setting all day.

• Options
    He's a witch!

• Options
    Man, I should probably get around to playing Transistor.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Having just beaten Transistor for the first time the other night, this Transistor run is wizardry.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Since the Humble Bundle came with free Twitch, I finally have a Twitch account. I will enjoy spamming kappa for 30 days.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh wow. I think that is Ray from Achievement Hunter behind the couch!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Shirts are up

The Animals one is fucking awesome

Purchased the Animals shirt as soon as I saw it. Don't even care no one will ever get it. But if someone compliments me on it, well then... they are automatically cool in my book.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh wow. I think that is Ray from Achievement Hunter behind the couch!

It absolutely is and Tina Dayton

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    You know, sometimes I get proud of my research into computational creativity, and how I'm learning and working with AIs to make music.

Then I watch shit like Tasbot and just....

....what the fuck am I even doing

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    What happen? I didn't see.

• Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    http://youtu.be/MjmxmPwmfOk
    (You can start at about 25 & 35 minutes in for the mindblowing bits.)

There's an article on Ars Technica which has some details of how they managed it. It's still entirely bonkers even if you actually can follow it.

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I remember them turning Mario World into a few fun minigames last year. Of course they had to take that to the next level.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    The chat thing was very flashy but the Mario one was more technically impressive I think. Not having enough space for an emulator, they had to translate the nes Mario code line by line to snes code - the Pokemon bit was just a controller-input-to-text-output program

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Once you learned how they did it the first time, its really not THAT complicated now.

Of course its a metric FUCKTON of work and its amazing they can get that much code through a controller amidst any kind of interference, lag, and general tomfoolery going on with 20+ year old hardware. One minor mistake and everything goes to shit (or you get lucky and it only minorly bugs out like that mario game)

Once you break the wall of being able to enter code into the ram of a game, anything is possible. Its just a matter of how long it takes you to translate each and every bit into controller imputs.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if there is a schedule posted? I'd like to catch any DeS/DaS1/DaS2 runs that end up happening. I've heard all three games mentioned a few times on stream, so I figured there was some plan to have a "Souls" block or at least a DaS1 play through. I'd like to make sure I catch it.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Dark Souls 2 on the 10th at around 9am.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a schedule posted? I'd like to catch any DeS/DaS1/DaS2 runs that end up happening. I've heard all three games mentioned a few times on stream, so I figured there was some plan to have a "Souls" block or at least a DaS1 play through. I'd like to make sure I catch it.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Thanks guys! I'll bookmark that.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Full schedule is here:

Dark Souls 2 is being run on the 10th. Check the schedule for local time information.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Luckily the main DaS2 run isn't the silly one, although there's a donation incentive for Noobest to do the completely glitched any%. It won't take long, that's for sure, but it's an amusing watch, so hopefully they meet that one.

This discussion has been closed.