As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread, check out the new thread!

DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi KisaragiRegistered User regular
edited April 2015 in MMO Extravaganza
kMYZ9Ty.jpg
September 2010, Final Fantasy XIV launches as one of the worst MMORPGs in recent history.

August 2013, Final Fantasy XIV relaunches as "A Realm Reborn" and largely in part to the efforts of Naoki Yoshida (Yoshi P) it becomes a whirlwind success.
Just a taste of what has happened so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MI_iEOm4Jw

14 Day Free Trial: http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/
Benchmark: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

The game is available for PC (Steam and Non-Steam) PS3, and PS4!(And yes all players can play with eachother regardless of platform!)
The game has now been out for over year, and in that time Square Enix has made good on it's promises. It has delivered a rich, vibrant world, with interesting stories and characters, challenges to be conquered, crafts to be created, baubles to be collected, and generally a large variety of activities from the most casual of players to the most hardcore.

JP20130813_1.jpgJP20130813_2.jpg

Every 3 months there is a new content patch which adds new dungeons, advances the main storyline, epic fights, side quests, humorous stories, and fun activities for all to enjoy. In between these massive patches (and they are quite huge) are quality of life updates, and smaller content patches to keep players constantly coming back for more.

Since the game came out in 2013, we have had a total of 4 major content patches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdQPL1tS36E

On top of all that Square Enix is in the process of launching the game in China, and has recently signed a deal to bring the game to South Korea.

If that isn't enough they've also been hard at work on a brand new expansion to debut Spring 2015, with promises of content equal in size to the launch of the game.
http://youtu.be/68CNzwinqlg

Races:
TiO3QkM.png
(Warning lots of lore within, just not your Race selection doesn't matter like it did in FFXI, there are minor stat differences and at worst you are looking at a 6 point difference in any particular stat, but when you are dealing with stats in the 500's it doesn't matter much. So just pick what you think is cool, besides you can always change later with a Phial of Fantasia purchased for real money)

All the races from FFXI are back with new names and the addition of a couple new genders! All info is from the official FFXIV: ARR website.

Hyur: Naming Conventions
bw4YPnO.png
Over the course of some one thousand years and three great migratory waves, the Hyur have come to be the most populous of the civilized races in Eorzea. Compared to the others, theirs is an average physique, both in terms of height and build. The Hyur champion personal freedom and liberty, and their espousal of an eclectic variety of languages and traditions is a legacy of their diverse heritage?as is their resulting lack of a unified cultural identity.

The Hyur are divided into the Midlanders and the Highlanders.
Miqo'te: Naming Conventions
Irvdaqh.png
Though their presence in Eorzea is lesser than that of the other races, the Miqo'te are easily distinguished by their large, projecting ears and restless, feline tails. The ancestors of this line first made their way to the realm during the Age of Endless Frost in the Fifth Umbral Era, traversing frozen seas in pursuit of the wildlife upon which they subsisted. Instinctual territoriality causes many among them to lead solitary lifestyles. Males in particular are said to shy from contact with others.

They are divided into the Seekers of the Sun, and the Keepers of the Moon.
Elezen: Naming Conventions
r6NSyXE.png
The Elezen are a characteristically tall people, long of limb and slender of build. They are also possessed of a somewhat extended lifespan in comparison to the Hyur. The Elezen once claimed sole dominion over Eorzea, their presence predating that of the other races, and, as such, developed a heightened sense of honor and pride. In years past, the Hyur migration into Elezen lands sparked bitter conflict. At present, however, the mutual understanding reached between the two races allows them to work towards mutual peace and prosperity.

The Elezen are divided into the Wildwood, and the Duskwight.
Roegadyn: Naming Conventions
RA4zB3L.png
The Roegadyn are easily identified by their massive, muscular frames. They are descended from a maritime people that roamed the northern seas, though many of their ancestors turned their longships south to brave the crossing into Eorzean waters. Often considered a barbaric race, the fiercely competitive Roegadyn are also known for their compassion and unswerving loyalty. Many of the greatest warriors in history were born of Roegadyn stock.

The Roegadyn are divided into the Sea Wolves, and the Hellsguard.
Lalafell: Naming conventions
C65FkC7.png
The Lalafell are a folk both rotund and diminutive. Small by any race's standards and possessed of a childlike countenance, it proves difficult for non-Lalafell to gauge an individual's age with any degree of accuracy. Originally an agricultural people inhabiting the fertile islands of the south seas, they found their way to Eorzea via the burgeoning trade routes. Lalafell are welcoming of outsiders, and share prosperous relations with all of the other races of Eorzea.

The Lalafell are divided into the Plainsfolk and the Dunesfolk.

New Race to be added in Heavensward Expansion: Au Ra
20141221045635a0dz1r6j5seg13cj.jpg

Classes: (Letter in parenthesis designates the city in which each Class has it's guild. Cities are Gridania (G), Limsa Lominsa (L), and Ul'dah (U)

*Note: Only the Disciples of War/Magic are available as a starting class (except Rogue). The Disciples of Hand/Land can be switched to once you unlock the ability to change class around lvl 10.

Jobs
The Jobs and their Class requirements:
  • Bard = 30 Archer / 15 Pugilist
  • Summoner = 30 Arcanist / 15 Thaumaturge
  • Scholar = 30 Arcanist / 15 Conjurer
  • Dragoon = 30 Lancer / 15 Marauder
  • Black Mage = 30 Thaumaturge / 15 Archer
  • White Mage = 30 Conjurer / 15 Arcanist
  • Monk = 30 Pugilist / 15 Lancer
  • Warrior = 30 Marauder / 15 Gladiator
  • Paladin = 30 Gladiator / 15 Conjurer
  • Ninja = 30 Rogue / 15 Pugilist
  • Dark Knight = No Base Class
  • Astrologian = No Base Class
  • Machinist = No Base Class

Nitty Gritty on the Class/Job system:
In FFXIV: ARR your character is able to access any and all classes and jobs that exist within the game. Unlike most other MMOs where you choose a single class at the start and are stuck with that Class throughout the game, FFXIV: ARR allows you to change your Class at will once you unlock the ability to do so by taking your starting Class to level 10 and completing the appropriate quest.

Each Class in FFXIV: ARR is leveled separately and retains any and all XP you gain on that Class when you switch. This means if you start as a Marauder and take it to level 15 and switch to Conjurer, your Marauder Class remains level 15 and you are now a level 1 Conjurer. If you play your Conjurer for awhile get to level 4 or so and decide to switch back to Marauder you are now a lvl 15 Marauder again and your Conjurer remains at level 4.

To switch your class (after completing the unlock quest) you simply seek out the desired Class Guild and speak to the Guild Receptionist who will give you a quest to speak to the Guildmaster. Upon speaking to the Guildmaster you will receive a weapon/tool appropriate to the desired Class and by equipping that weapon/toll you will transform into that Class.

The nice thing about having the ability to change your Class is that you are able to unlock abilities on each Class that you can then carry over to other Classes. Want a Lancer that can Cure? How about an Archer with Second Wind? Maybe a nice Parry buff on your Gladiator? All of this is possible by leveling up the appropriate Class that has the ability you want and then switch to the Class you want to use it on and set the ability you want from the Skills menu.

Jobs are a bit different as they are extensions of certain Classes. Once you reach the requisite level of the appropriate Classes (usually around lvl 30) you can unlock the Job associated with that Class or Classes. A Job is a more specialized version of the Class or Classes that it is associated with. A Conjurer for example can become a White Mage, and a Pugilist can become a Monk. Each Job has it's own requirements that must be met before you can unlock it.

New Info: The Expansion in 2015 will change this however as the 3 new classes to not have a Base Class. We don't know entirely what this entails just yet but it seems that Square Enix is breaking away from the initial system they put into place.

New Jobs to be added in Heavensward
Machinist - DPS
FFXIV_Machinist_Artwork.png

Astrologian - Healer
20141221045648a0dz1r6ram6pisgf.jpg

Dark Knight - Tank
20141025232535a0dxbpsq1n1ol8sd.jpg

NNID: delphinidaes
Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
delphinidaes.png
Delphinidaes on

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    PA Community Info

Server:
    Sargatanas (Legacy) NA (Aether datacenter)
    Current Server Status: www.arrstatus.com

All PS3/PS4 and PC players play on the exact same servers with each other. There are Japanese servers (located in Japan) and Western Servers (located in Montreal)

Free Company (Guild)
    Official Penny Arcade Forum FC:
    Ghost in the Linkshell <GHOST> (gitl.enjin.com)

You can be invited to the FC via the following methods:
    • Send a /tell message to the following people:
      -Sionnach Rua
      -Delphi Kisaragi
      -Alethia Tamarie
      -Rie Himawari
      -Aiskoena Trachynkrepf
    • "Examine" any <GHOST> member and click on the FC Name "Ghost in the Linkshell" then submit an application with "PA" in it somewhere.

Voice Chat
    Mumble info:
    Server: central2.voice.enjin.com:60348
    Password: (Ask in Free Company for now)

Useful Info

2.3 Patch notes
    Where do I go to start _________________ in 2.3?
    X9MrGxQ.png
    2.4 Patch Notes
    Where do I go to start _________________ in 2.4?
    1ULk52y.png
    I've just come back to the game, What have I missed?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/28vn5j/what_did_i_miss_patch_notes_universal_summary
    I just hit lvl 50 in patch 2.3. What do I do?!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a8mmn/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23/
    I just hit lvl 50 Crafting in patch 2.3. What do I do?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2abxyz/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23_crafting/
    2.3 Endgame Progression chart (warning, it's huge)
    http://i.imgur.com/OVDvNpp.png
    2.4 Endgame Gear progression
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31240491/#Comment_31240491
    How to Set Up Good Targeting Filters
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1knlxo/demystifying_targeting_and_filters_a_keyboard_and/
    Ishtaar's super helpful beginner's guide to Crafting in FFXIV!
    Eee it depends on what you want to do in the end. If you want to be a master crafter (2/3 star stuff), you do sortof need everything at 50, here's what a basic 3 star crafting rotation looks like. That's what I was going for, and because I'm a batshit crazy completionist I just leveled all of them simultaneously, 5 levels at a time.

So if you're a normal person, you probably don't want to do that. ;) So here's what you want to do:

Get Culinary, Alchemy, Weaver, Carpenter, and Leatherworking to 15. (Really just get everything to 15, it's relatively quick if you just make one of everything in your crafting log and do the quests, a couple levels late if you need to) But those 5 at least.

So once you've leveled everything to 15, here's where things get fun: Your very basic low level HQ strategy! I say strategy rather than rotation since it's more important to know why you're mashing buttons rather than memorizing an order.

Start out with Inner Quiet. Inner Quiet is a stacking buff that increases your control (the HQ stat) every time you successfully increase an items quality. Once you get this stacked like 3, 4, 8 times, your "touch" abilities will increase the quality more and more and more.

So we need to increase quality, but we're throttled by CP. Here's when Culinary comes in. Hasty Touch costs nothing, but it's only a 50% success rate. Steady Hand (and later Steady Hand II fro 37 CUL) increases the success rate by 20% (and 30%) so it'll still fail, but not as often. You'll use Steady Hand I or II and Hasty Touch to stack Inner Quiet and get your quality up, this is actually still true in 3 star crafting and where the RNG comes from. Also, the item's current condition affects the amount of the quality bar is increased per touch, if excellent ALWAYS use a touch skill if it wont break your craft. Also, try to use Basic Touch on Excellents if your CP allows it, since the success rate is higher.

OK so now we have to worry about durability. Master's Mend I & II are just a flat increase and what you'll use most of the time, but (advanced stuff!) Waste Not (15 CRP) and Manipulation (15 GSM) can add some different strategies, for 40 dura stuff especially. We'll get to using those for quality increases another time, it's rough to have the CP at low level. Waste Not will be important below...

You'll notice you're burning through CP rather quickly and that's where our 15 ALC skill, Tricks of the Trade, comes into play. Using a "touch" skill when the synth quality is good makes the quality increase more, but having an extra swing with 7 stacks of Inner Quiet is even better. Pretty much every "good" quality, use a Tricks of the Trade to get CP back.

Ultimately, you'll want CRP 50 for Byregot's Blessing which gives you a boatload of quality and is how we HQ 2/3 star stuff, but that's a long term goal. For now, we'll use the 15 CRP skill Rumination, which kills your Inner Quiet stack but gives you a pile of CP back. Once your quality is at 100% or as high as you can get it, use Rumination so you have some CP back to either Master's Mend or Waste Not. (depending on your current durability and how much your Synthesis swings do)

And last, the reason we leveled WVR, Careful Synthesis. There's noting more infuriating than getting to 100% quality and then having that last progress swing fail and having your item smash. Careful Synth is 100%.

Quick summary:
    Start with Inner Quiet
    Tricks of the Trade whenever the condition is good
    Use Steady Hand/Hasty Touch to increase quality and stack Inner Quiet
    Master's Mend to restore Durability
    Once you've increased quality as much as you can, Rumination to restore CP, Master's Mend/Waste Not, Careful Synth to finish off progress.

From there, the most important skills to get are Steady Hand II (37 CUL) and Careful Synth II (50 WVR), which just kind of improve the above strategy. Then later, go for Byregot's Blessing (50 CRP) which changes all of this entirely!
    Advanced Crafting guide!
    What level do I unlock ___________?
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content
    Accuracy Caps for Binding Coil of Bahamut Turns 1-9
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/278dx2/accuracy_cap_for_everything_coil_19/

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Gonna reserve this for Current Events and such

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Ah, new FF thread smell. With a hint of golden saucer taste.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Using my arbitrarily assigned and completely fictional authority, I will allow this thread title solely because it is already tomorrow somewhere.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Esh wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Ugh, I've been slacking in the Raids department. Usually I just do my dailies and log off but seeing the game progress so quickly I really wanna push to clear Second Coil and Shiva EX before the patch.

And maybe final coil....

2nd Coil doable if you get into one of Aisk's learning groups. You're not clearing FCoB that fast though. Maybe a turn or two of it.

Just read up on the fight and join a group that has it on farm.

If you're talking about FCoB, any group that has it on farm is going to be a solid static that most likely won't need to advertise on PF. Besides that, joining a FCoB farm group when you have no experience is just a pretty goosey move on your part.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    This just came across my mind recently, but I hope they do a in game event for the release of FF Type-0 and FFXV

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Jan 20th? Man that's earlier than I expected. Wonder how meaty this patch will be

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Jan 20th? Man that's earlier than I expected. Wonder how meaty this patch will be

From the old thread for reference:

Reminder of what we know is coming in 2.5 Part 1:
    • First Arc of Patch 2.5 Main Scenario
    • Hildibrand (To Be Concluded?)
    • New Dungeons
      -The Keeper of the Lake
      -The Wanderer's Palace (Hard)
      -Amdapor Keep (Hard)
    • The World of Darkness (Crystal Tower Finale)
    • Urth's Fount (Odin Primal Battle)
    • Revenge of Gilgamesh
    • A New Mystery Trial
    • New Rules for Frontline
    • Aetherial Wheel (???)
    • New Crafting Recipes

For those wondering Golden Saucer is coming in 2.51 and even more stuff is coming in the second part of 2.5 which will drop later.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Man, Once I finish DA:I I'm not sure how I want to go about FF14.

Do I just work on fishing and side stuff so that I can leave more main scenario junk for leveling up Dark Knight?

Or do I continue playing catch-up now and level Dark Knight the boring grindy way?

Decisions!!! Why!?

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Dark Knight wont be hard to lvl since its a tank. I'm betting with the excitement over Machinist and Astrologian that queues will remain largely as they are (or maaaaaaaaaaybe improve with the addition of a new base healer and another ranged dps to even things out).

Anyone else see the size of the new job pictures and wonder at Delphi's preference for the new classes?!!! >.> I'm guessing he's a dark knight enthusiast like myself :P Machinist could use some love there, size-wise :D

I'm so fricking ready for the expansion. When can I just link my bank account to my FFXIV account and be done with it?!!

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Papagander wrote: »
    Dark Knight wont be hard to lvl since its a tank. I'm betting with the excitement over Machinist and Astrologian that queues will remain largely as they are (or maaaaaaaaaaybe improve with the addition of a new base healer and another ranged dps to even things out).

Anyone else see the size of the new job pictures and wonder at Delphi's preference for the new classes?!!! >.> I'm guessing he's a dark knight enthusiast like myself :P Machinist could use some love there, size-wise :D

I'm so fricking ready for the expansion. When can I just link my bank account to my FFXIV account and be done with it?!!

Hehe I'm actually most excited for the Machinist, but on my screen the pics are all roughly the same size. (I basically chose the first images with the same style I could find).

My plan is to take a week off work, find a few people to go hardcore leveling with me and basically run a "static" level group from 1-50 as quickly as possible. I'll Run Machinist and we'll have another machinist, a dark knight and an astrologian.

Once I have machinist up i'll work on leveling dark knight and astrologian at a slower pace and taking advantage of tank/healer queues.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Thinking about getting this game. I played the beta, whats happened since then?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Roe wrote: »
    Thinking about getting this game. I played the beta, whats happened since then?

All the things.

Seriously. Roughly every 3 months a large chunk of new content is added.

If you are really curious as to the nitty gritty of what was added check out the following patch notes links for the major content patches (Note: I'm not including the dozens of smaller content patches we have gotten in between these big ones)

Also note you can just watch the youtube vid at the beginning of each of those to get a rundown of the "big" items.

Patch notes:

2.1: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/03843d6bf7ba69adc37d7955ff7af43f3c43828a
    2.2: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/69e2c959d2e9285fd541e7f5f70fb8139b3464da
    2.3: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c96b9e090eb60d1ebd1b89e20e582d59335acd84
    2.4: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4a7a48cd010551b65b1e0f03b318d0d45bf52d59
    2.5: Coming Jan 20th 2015

There is also an expansion coming in Spring 2015 (Most likely will be patch 3.0 after 2.5 concludes)

The expansion will have as much content as the release of 2.0, will add 3 new Jobs, a new race, and a bunch of other awesome stuff including flying mounts, new primals, new story, etc

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular

Hehe I'm actually most excited for the Machinist, but on my screen the pics are all roughly the same size. (I basically chose the first images with the same style I could find).

My plan is to take a week off work, find a few people to go hardcore leveling with me and basically run a "static" level group from 1-50 as quickly as possible. I'll Run Machinist and we'll have another machinist, a dark knight and an astrologian.

Once I have machinist up i'll work on leveling dark knight and astrologian at a slower pace and taking advantage of tank/healer queues.

I think my static expects me to level a DRK in case its handy for Alexander. I'd still be maining PLD, but it'd be my responsibility to be able to swap between tanking roles.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Can someone make a Shower Stand for me if I get the mats?

And is this list of mats correct? link

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I wonder how Astrologian is gonna specialize.

Maybe, like, heal-over-time skills and ally buffs?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Well don't I look Sheepish......

UorSSbp.jpg

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    04600fa474b3aa4304a470f109b32e00da6a6ce2_2.png

New Year's Greetings from Yoshi-P

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/04600fa474b3aa4304a470f109b32e00da6a6ce2
    Hello there, everyone. Producer and Director Yoshi-P here to wish you all a Happy New Year!

Thanks to your continued support, we’ve made it through our first full year of service. From the initial release of A Realm Reborn, to our one-year anniversary, and the fan festivals held across the globe, we gave our all to putting the XIV in 2014 with every update and event. With a new year comes new opportunities, and we’ll spare no effort as we continue to bring you an incredible FINAL FANTASY experience.

We’ve just wrapped up our third fan festival here in Tokyo, Japan, but there’s no time for a break just yet. There’s little time to ring in the new year as the team works feverishly to bring you the grand finale of A Realm Reborn’s main scenario: Patch 2.5─Before the Fall. With the release of our first expansion─FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward─not far behind, you can be sure the beginning of this year will be a hectic one here at the office.

As I mentioned during my 19th LIVE letter, we’re planning to break up the spectacular conclusion of the current story into three updates.

04600fa474b3aa4304a470f109b32e00da6a6ce2_0.png

Part one of Before the Fall is scheduled for the mid to end of January with the release of patch 2.5, which contains myriad challenges for adventurers of every persuasion. The patch will include roughly two-thirds of the final main scenario quests, three new dungeons, and the conclusion of the Crystal Tower questline and the World of Darkness. The patch will also feature the adventures of Hildibrand─agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire─on his latest (and perhaps final?) investigation, a new battle against Odin, the Dark Divinity of legend, in Urth’s Fount, new gear for gatherers and crafters, numerous new recipes, and more. We have plenty planned to make this patch a befitting prelude to the end of the 2.X storyline.

There will be much to do in patch 2.5, and before we bombard you with more in part 2, we’ll be offering players a change of pace with patch 2.51, which focuses on the introduction of the Gold Saucer. It bears mentioning, however, that the establishment is known as the Manderville Gold Saucer in Eorzea. You’ll have to check it out for yourself to figure out where this moniker came from. Including chocobo racing, chocobo breeding, and the return of the FF card game Triple Triad, you can look forward to a fun and relaxing time in the Gold Saucer.

Part two of Before the Fall is scheduled for the end of March, closing the curtain on the story that brought about the rebirth of Eorzea. What trials and tribulations await the Warrior of Light? What drastic turn of events will grant passage to the reclusive nation of Ishgard? Only time will tell.

As we usher in this new year of possibilities and adventures to come, I would be remiss not to mention that another prophetic passage─which now seems to be a yearly tradition─was delivered to my doorstep not long ago.

04600fa474b3aa4304a470f109b32e00da6a6ce2_1.png

Louisoix, Archon and former head of the Circle of Knowing, sacrificed everything to see Eorzea to a better future, placing his faith in the Warrior of Light. But will his vision of the future come to fruition? Cast your gaze heavensward, and you’ll find the answer!

Again, I wish you all a happy new year, and hope you all look forward to what we have in store for FINAL FANTASY XIV in 2015!

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director
    Naoki Yoshida

Part 2 of Patch 2.5 is planned for March.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I had to change my password because of "suspicious activity" but when I logged on my character hadn't been touched in any way. false alarm I guess.

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    I had to change my password because of "suspicious activity" but when I logged on my character hadn't been touched in any way. false alarm I guess.

They are extremely paranoid and the slightest little thing can cause it to flag your account. Which is nice, but can become a hassle sometimes.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    re: getting carried through T9, at this point I've been working on the fight on and off for somewhere in the neighborhood of four months. I'm tired of seeing it, and I want to be done with it.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Yeah, so this game is pretty freakin' awesome. I'm far more interested in the plot than I ever was with WoW.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Most of the quests are pretty good as far as the writing goes. I've really enjoyed the dialogue that they have put/translated in the game. It's starting to get large enough that I only want to focus on my whm.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Yes, finally after weeks of scanning the MB and being a total penny pincher, I've finally acquired the last of my artisan main hands.

1QZVrtJ.png
    I am now a 3 star omnicrafter! Just uh... don't expect me to attempt any 100% HQ 3 star without HQ mats... still got a lot more gearing to go...

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options

I'm planning on taking the week off as well. Not sure how likely, as i need to know as soon as possible when to request so i can get in the request right away. Can i tentatively be your lvling DRK? I wouldn't mind being the other machinist if you get a hardcore DRK lined up, but either way i'm game for this. I plan on having a lot of fun with both classes too!

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHH!! Finally done with the gd sylph quests. Only two ranks of the fish folk left! Sylph quest line is okay story-wise, but that annoying zone design with frustrating quest objectives can all just DIAF!!!!

Here's for you Ale:
    upobfsbmex6f.jpg
    I've thus taken my (albeit short) turn at the watch.

Also, I love this FC. A quiet moment with friends:
    qx5xd8xatsq0.jpg

EDIT: (again) apologies for my outburst in FC. I really, really disliked this rep line.

Papagander on
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options

I'm planning on taking the week off as well. Not sure how likely, as i need to know as soon as possible when to request so i can get in the request right away. Can i tentatively be your lvling DRK? I wouldn't mind being the other machinist if you get a hardcore DRK lined up, but either way i'm game for this. I plan on having a lot of fun with both classes too!

Works for me I don't have anyone lined up atm :) Not in too big a rush just yet until we get a time and get a bit closer to it actually going live :)

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2015
    So I need a replacement for my toilet. I suppose this is functional enough, but the hentai jokes just keep going, and going, and going...

HepsQ1.jpg

The rest of the room: The partitions make it impossible to get longer shots.

IRbZZ5.jpg
    uLcrtt.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I've tried to get into FF14 a couple of times now and I just can't do it, it's so slow-paced compared to American MMO's. But now this 2.5 stuff has me intrigued enough to try again. If only I had not canceled my Square Enix account back in October...

• Options
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I've tried to get into FF14 a couple of times now and I just can't do it, it's so slow-paced compared to American MMO's. But now this 2.5 stuff has me intrigued enough to try again. If only I had not canceled my Square Enix account back in October...

The slow pace is only really at the beginning. It's designed from the ground up to teach players completely new to the MMO genre. That coupled with the 2.5 second Global cooldown and a dearth of abilities early on adds to the slow pace.

If you are interested you can take solace in the fact that the game does get faster as you progress. You get more skills (and more importantly you get off-GCD skills) which makes the 2.5s GCD make a lot more sense. On top of the the battle get tougher, more intricate and generally more interesting as you gain levels. Then as with a lot of MMOs the game really opens up open reaching max level where you get access to a lot more stuff overall.

I mean if the game just doesn't do it for ya then that's something else altogether, but I can say in terms of game speed it does get a lot "faster" as you go along. For me I really enjoy the pace of the game, far more than I expected to. And even the combat GCD has grown on me as it feels like each of my abilities has that much more weight to it compared to the more "twitchy" MMO's I'm used to. If I miss an ability in FFXIV:ARR it has a much greater impact on my play than other MMOs and I find that a more enjoyable experience overall.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    Yea one of the first few things I didn't care for in this game was the slow combat pace. Turns out after doing the level 50 hard stuff, the combat just flows really well. The pace also does pick up for certain jobs and they are looking to adjust Skill/Spell speed in the expansion. So for the amount of content I get, I was easily able to overlook the slower combat pace of other MMO's.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I did Cape Westwind with a buddy the other day to help him finish the story. I am the WHM. Do you see what is odd with this picture? :razz:
    8v9EEFM.jpg

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Both tanks on the boss?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    No WHM protect, SCH using Eos, and those shoes.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    WHM with more HP than the tanks.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    When I went as sch on my Relic I typically had more HP than the tanks, it's no biggie :)

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Hah, I was the only person who had ever done that fight. It was enjoyable in a nostalgic kinda way.

edit- Heh, to make matters worse even I had no real idea about the fight mechanics since I've always been a healer and never really had to pay attention to such things. As long as I was making bars go up all was right with my world.

We finished the fight in one go, but mainly because I brute healed everyone through it. :biggrin:

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    I did Cape Westwind with a buddy the other day to help him finish the story. I am the WHM. Do you see what is odd with this picture? :razz:
    8v9EEFM.jpg

How large a monitor/what resolution are you playing that on?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

We finished the fight in one go, but mainly because I brute healed everyone through it. :biggrin:

I think those actually are the mechanics to the fight

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    I think my favorite part of bringing new people to Turn 9 is showing them how if you look off the side you can see T6 down below the platform.

Nope, you just have to get right up there against the wall....

Reminds me of how you can see Ragnaros from the window in Golemagg's room back in Molten Core. ;)

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
This discussion has been closed.