As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2015 Steins - EXTRAS ON SALE

• Options
    LordBraska1999LordBraska1999 Bahston, MARegistered User regular
    OH SHIT!!!!!!!! I forgot to pay for mine and i asked for one!!! Is there any way to still get it???? cause that would suck if i couldn't

• Options
    yoshi718yoshi718 Registered User regular
    are there any leftovers that are for sale?

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    OH SHIT!!!!!!!! I forgot to pay for mine and i asked for one!!! Is there any way to still get it???? cause that would suck if i couldn't
    This is the part I hate: denying wishes. We accepted orders upon payment upfront, as it was over $1,500 that was collected and there is no way that I can front that type of cash. If you did not submit a payment prior to the GoFundMe page closing, then all I can do (and this is to answer @yoshi718 as well) is put you on the wait list. However, the wait list has grown to 7 (including you both). Combine that with 1 slightly defective unit and another that I don't feel too comfortable handing out (internal crack, probably from vibration by the looks of it), it's going to be a very slim chance to snag one.

The whole process started and ended incredibly quickly, so I do apologize for anyone that missed out on it. Provided that everything continues to go well this year, I would enjoy doing another run next year, but with ample time/preparation.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Plan to meet in the Westin lobby, but I'll be calling Boston Laugh Laugh Boston today/tonight to see if they'd be cool with us meeting there.
    Go figure: their box office is closed on Mondays... Guess I'll just have to call tomorrow. I'm think that a 1:00 pm time is probably going to be the best, given that none of my panels are going during that time.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    I may not make it to the game night. I am driving up from New Jersey and now they are calling for snow on Thursday :bigfrown: , so i may be delayed getting to boston. I'll keep you posted as the weather reports shape up.

0j92muX.png
  • Options
    GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Is there a fast way to contact for the meetup? Not likely people will be checking the forums on the regular :P

• Options
    Hey @Le_Goat do you have a twitter handle we can follow? Last time steins were done, they put out a tweet when the steins were going to be available for pickup in the the westin lobby. We just had to watch and go when they were available. That way it isnt far to go from the con, and we can meet you when you are available. This make sense, or am i completely off base (which happens quite often :P )?

0j92muX.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Gerzzog wrote: »
    Is there a fast way to contact for the meetup? Not likely people will be checking the forums on the regular :P
    elo wrote: »
    Hey @Le_Goat do you have a twitter handle we can follow? Last time steins were done, they put out a tweet when the steins were going to be available for pickup in the the westin lobby. We just had to watch and go when they were available. That way it isnt far to go from the con, and we can meet you when you are available. This make sense, or am i completely off base (which happens quite often :P )?
    That makes total sense! I hate Twitter with a dire passion, but I allow it to exist in my technosphere during PAX. My handle is (sur-freakin-prise) le_goat. Feel free to pass this out to anyone who... well anyone really. It's only operational for 3 days out of a year. The other times are only for random occurrences where I have to correct someone that they painted in an AT-ST not an AT-AT... because that shit is important! (kind of like a towel)

EDIT: Despite working in IT, I tend to not get involved much in social media or the likes. I also fully appreciate constructive criticism, so please indulge! My job entails ungrateful users bitching on a constant basis and complaining that since I wrote down a number that was on their machine, everything has been broken, so if you offer up some feedback, you can be assured I'll not only not take offense (unless you're a total jerk about it, which you people are most not), but I'll also try to incorporate it into what I'm doing. This is my first run at this, and hopefully not my last. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Well there are other options like groupme, whatsapp, or line that are more instant and come through like texts instead of using twitter. But I am down for whatevs :p

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Met up with @Le_Goat this afternoon to pick up my Steins.

I want to thank you for being so easy to work with. It was a pleasure doing "business" with you and look forward to next year. Put me in for 3 for PAX East 2016.

Now to hope that Pheonix coins gets those Lapel pins out before PAX. If so my trifecta of PAX user created goods will be complete. The Stein, The Coin and The Pin.

Keep an eye out for me on the Expo floor. I will be in cosplay as the Engineer from TF2. I should be easy to spot :biggrin:

I feel the same about twitter as you. I use it 3 days a year. PAX.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Sepioth wrote: »
    Met up with @Le_Goat this afternoon to pick up my Steins.

I want to thank you for being so easy to work with. It was a pleasure doing "business" with you and look forward to next year. Put me in for 3 for PAX East 2016.

Now to hope that Pheonix coins gets those Lapel pins out before PAX. If so my trifecta of PAX user created goods will be complete. The Stein, The Coin and The Pin.

Keep an eye out for me on the Expo floor. I will be in cosplay as the Engineer from TF2. I should be easy to spot :biggrin:

I feel the same about twitter as you. I use it 3 days a year. PAX.

Need a beer Dispenser Here!

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    If that happens, it would be one of the most remarkable events of my life!

• Options
    I'm awaiting a callback from Laugh Boston to discuss if we can chill in their establishment and drink from our steins. I'll post in here when I hear back.

Thanks a ton to @Streetlight345 for offering a place to store the steins during PAX! You are the shiznit, as the say.

• Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    @Le_Goat sent you a pm

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So what time do we show up at the Westin lobby for pick up on Thursday? I'm arriving in Boston at 5pm, so probably can get to the Westin between 6-7pm after I check in on the Seaport. Is that too late?

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    So what time do we show up at the Westin lobby for pick up on Thursday?
    I'll be honest: I'm not certain on the time yet. I'm still coordinating with my friend about the time, but I plan on being there a good while to game and hang out with you fine folks. I'm super stoked for tomorrow night.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Despite talking to someone at Laugh Boston and emailing them as requested, I have not heard back from them. Let's then just plan to meet in the Westin just across the bridge at 1:00/1:30 each day. I would recommend checking my Twitter feed (I can't believe that it's actually getting used) for any updates. I'll try to toss them in there and on this thread.

If you have any other questions, you may direct them via PM in here or on Twitter.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Any idea when you will make the call on extras going to the wait list?

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • Options
    Any idea when you will make the call on extras going to the wait list?
    I would like to wait to make that call after I get the steins to the Westin, where they will then reside. I still need to transport them there, which should be the last leg of potential mishaps. Once they are there, I'll re-inspect to make sure nothing else broke and then will contact those on the wait list.

This segment (times and planning meetups) has been my shortcoming for this project, of which I do apologize for. I'll work on improving that next year. Life got all sorts of wacky crazy for me around the same time that all this planning should have been formulated. Without getting into details, let's just say part of it involved a hospital visit and insane snow storms, which then everything else just snowballed (no pun intended) from there.

• Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    Just picked up my 3 and they look great! Looking forward to trying them out soon! Thanks again for organizing all of this @Le_Goat!

• Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    @Le_Goat sent you a PM, let me know when I can swing by to meet up! Thanks again for admin'ing all this, awesome work man! Cheers!!!

• Options
    I worked out the transportation details with my friend, so here is what I have planned for Thursday:

4:00-4:30 - Car arrives and we begin loading cases
    5:00-5:30 - Arrive at Westin, unload cases, begin inspecting
    6:00 - Steins available for distribution

As stated before, the majority of these glasses need to be washed. I'll try to remember to bring Clorox wipes to clean, which you can then rinse out. I request one thing: a satisfactory sigh after your first gulp. We'll go on the honor code here, lol. I'll remember to bring mine so maybe we can have a cheers or something.

Very much looking forward to meeting you all. I sincerely appreciate the patience you've all had while I've tried to work out the times.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Well, since NJ is about to get blitzed by snow again, I managed to get out of work tomorrow (preemptive state of emergency ftw) and managed to get out of jersey tonight. So now i will definitely be at game night to grab my stein. If we are anywhere near a bar in the hotel when I get it from you, the next round for you, @Le_Goat, is on me :)

elo on
    0j92muX.png
  • Options
    Especially with all the horror stories I've been hearing about delays/cancellations getting here, know that I will be meeting up every day of PAX (around 1:00) to hand steins out. If you cannot make a previous meet up, there will be more. Also, if you just want to meet for a beer even after you've received your goods, come on by during those meet up times. I'll update here and on Twitter.

• Options
    ABBQABBQ BostonRegistered User regular
    I will see you tonight!! el hubbo has made his schedule with you. He's got the car - you should be good to go!

I just dread taking the T tonight - car has spoiled me. :/

• Options
    ABBQ wrote: »
    I just dread taking the T tonight - car has spoiled me. :/
    At least the T is "working" and this isn't a couple of weeks ago. God, that was horrid

• Options
    "Status Report, Mr. Sulu."

I'm currently inbound to work for shipment preparation.

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I worked out the transportation details with my friend, so here is what I have planned for Thursday:

4:00-4:30 - Car arrives and we begin loading cases
    5:00-5:30 - Arrive at Westin, unload cases, begin inspecting
    6:00 - Steins available for distribution

As stated before, the majority of these glasses need to be washed. I'll try to remember to bring Clorox wipes to clean, which you can then rinse out. I request one thing: a satisfactory sigh after your first gulp. We'll go on the honor code here, lol. I'll remember to bring mine so maybe we can have a cheers or something.

Very much looking forward to meeting you all. I sincerely appreciate the patience you've all had while I've tried to work out the times.

Checked in early this morning @ the Westin. I'll look for you in the lobby between 630 and 7 :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    Cargo loaded. Shuttle en route to Westin. Initiating departure sequence.

• Options
    The steins have landed. Totally forgot the Clorox! Sorry. Come on by the info desk at Pre-PAX Game Night!

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Steins acquired and are being put to good use :P
    Many thanks again le_goat for organizing this event!

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    It was awesome to meet all of you. Had a blast tonight. Looking forward to meeting the rest of you folks.

Next meet up is at 1:00 pm in the Westin mezzanine.

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    Damn, just got back from the pokecrawl. Apologies I missed my time!

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    I'm sorry I missed you there. I had to head out around 11:30. One of these years, I need to stay at a hotel to avoid the travel and continue the gaming.

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    No worries, that's on me. I should've prioritized the steins! See you tomorrow, hopefully. Enjoy PAX.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    Today's stein distribution will be at 5:30/6:00 instead of 1:00. Ran into troubles storing/retreiving the steins.

• Options
    My friend is taking a shuttle to his car, then bringing the steins from the overflow lot to the Westin lobby, where I'll get them to the mezanine, next to the escalators and the bridge. it may be a little past 6:00 when they get here.

• Options
    Update: waiting in lobby still. Steins should be here momentarily.

• Options
    Today's meetup will be at 1:00 pm at Laugh Boston, located to the left of the lobby entrance, past City Bar, next to O'Connors.

They said we are welcome to use our steins, but please do not bring beer outside the establishment.

If you are an assassin, lets share some intel.

• Options
    Plan is still for a 1:00 pm meetup for steins.