As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Seeker Pentaghast found some lost hobo in a ditch and here we are

19495969798100»

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    Was Morrigan presented as promiscuous because I never got that impression

If you ask her if she knows anyone that's not, like, her mom, she'll mention that she would occasionally go into towns and interact with people, and the story eventually centers around her encounters with men, and how she discovered that by having sex with them she could also manipulate them into giving her stuff. There's a story about a mirror she liked or something.

thank you

I was gonna be spending the next hour looking this up

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    morrigan is better in inquisition but she still suffers real bad from chuunibyou, if you'll pardon my french

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    miranda's still happily part of a xenophobic hate machine so pardon me if I don't cut her any slack

if anything, I'm harder on jacob than I used to be

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    morrigan is better in inquisition but she still suffers real bad from chuunibyou, if you'll pardon my french

that is not even french

google tattled on you

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Tal nooooooo

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    I'm not aware of slapping her in her DLC.
    You can stab her in the midsection, though.

fake DLC trailer

mostly funny, but then they made a joke about having a feature to "slap the shit out of Morrigan"

not a Bioware creation or anything

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Dubh wrote: »
    Also I'm actually glad you brought Miranda up in this conversation, Dubh, because it's got me thinking, and maybe...

Maybe I don't actually hate Miranda, and I just thought I did because of cultural shit

I'll have to keep a more open mind on my next ME playthrough!

if I ever end up doing my mass effect trilogy LP I'm gonna be SO annoying about it

let me know what you think of her, next time

Will do!

Though it may be a while

As of right now I'm still holding out for the inevitable-but-maybe-not-really remake for PS4

Eventually I'll suck it up and just dig back into them on 360, probably

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i would much much much much MUCH rather slap alistair

• Options
    I just love bringing solas and morrigan to the elven place and he makes it clear that morrigan is 90% making shit up

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    See, I love Alistair

With the exception of Carth in KOTOR I always love the requisite "Guy you meet in the beginning that everyone ends up hating" in Bioware games

• Options
    kaidan alenko is the best squadmate in mass effect 1

I was excited for his return in 3 but both his and ashley's writing was kind of flat

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I usually romance Miranda in ME 2, and even though she notion 3 much you get some resolution if you stick with her
    I've yet to do a Tali playthrough though

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    I usually romance Miranda in ME 2, and even though she notion 3 much you get some resolution if you stick with her
    I've yet to do a Tali playthrough though

Tali was the first playthrough I did

It was....alright

I think I'm gonna try a Jack romance for my "canon" run, though, that should be cool

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    ShepardxGarrus otp
    He's so happy when I let him win the shooting match

• Options
    I just love bringing solas and morrigan to the elven place and he makes it clear that morrigan is 90% making shit up

I think that's the kind of thing that made such a difference between DAO Morrigan and DAI.

Morrigan calls everyone stupid in DAO and nobody can ever really score any verbal hits on her in return, or they just don't even really try. She kinda runs roughshod over whoever else is in the party with her.

Whereas in DAI she's still abrasive, but now the people around her A) Often actually deserve some of those shots coming their way, and B) Can give as good as they take from her. Actually letting us know that yeah, sometimes when Morrigan doesn't know the answer to something she just makes mystical shit up makes her a much more human character and made me enjoy her abrasiveness a lot more. Now she's someone who wants to seem like she's always right, instead of being someone who IS always right and wants you to know it.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I studied history

getting shit wrong is half the fun

plus, you know, it's unfair to compare Morrigan to

[endgame spoilers]
    Solas, WHO WAS ACTUALLY THERE

seriously, Morrigan becoming a big ol' magic and history nerd hits me in the feels

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Someone should tell solas that wikipedia doesn't allow you to cite yourself as a primary source

Kana on
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Kana wrote: »

I think that's the kind of thing that made such a difference between DAO Morrigan and DAI.

Morrigan calls everyone stupid in DAO and nobody can ever really score any verbal hits on her in return, or they just don't even really try. She kinda runs roughshod over whoever else is in the party with her.

Whereas in DAI she's still abrasive, but now the people around her A) Often actually deserve some of those shots coming their way, and B) Can give as good as they take from her. Actually letting us know that yeah, sometimes when Morrigan doesn't know the answer to something she just makes mystical shit up makes her a much more human character and made me enjoy her abrasiveness a lot more. Now she's someone who wants to seem like she's always right, instead of being someone who IS always right and wants you to know it.

There's a couple a of moments where you can tell here off. The best one I can remember offhand is in Orzimmar, near the end,
    when you have to decide to destroy the Anvil or not, and she's all for keeping it, until you suggest turning her into a golem, because wouldn't that be sweet?
    The point is taken.

I don't think Morrigan runs roughshod over the Warden so much as the game doesn't let you respond to party interjections in general, probably because of all the possibilities. I think that, combined with her abrasiveness rubs people the wrong way.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Also, a list of people who troll Morrigan.

Shale
    Zeveran
    Dog

A mark of quality and distinction.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    The best two party members are your dog and your pet rock

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Also, a list of people who troll Morrigan.

Shale
    Zeveran
    Dog

A mark of quality and distinction.

Also Sten, but I never used him.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Sten is as much of a butthead as morrigan in Origins, and seems to become an even bigger tool as time goes on?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well as a qunari, sten is definitely a tool

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Melding wrote: »
    Sten is as much of a butthead as morrigan in Origins, and seems to become an even bigger tool as time goes on?

I could never even get him to respond to me, or to get much approval or just disapproval from him.

He just sat there, like a particularly frowny lump

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »

I could never even get him to respond to me, or to get much approval or just disapproval from him.

He just sat there, like a particularly frowny lump

you sure were talking to sten? are you sure you weren't talking to a large rock?

They're pretty much indistinguishable from one another.

• Options
    Sten is cool I like him

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you would

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    You know me well

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    putting a Pillar of Eternity purchase on hold until my current playthrough is done with

choosing Bioware over Obsidian

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT, @VSOVE

Sten is cool I like him

this is my surprised face

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    i actually don't dislike Sten. He's just also a giant stone faced butthole with little concern for any of the people in the nation you're attempting to help.

And then he gets promoted and tries to be Your Friend The Boss, but like all peopel who try that, is terrible at it, and then gets beaten up by Alister.

• Options
    Dubh, I can't see your face through that post

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Sten is cool

In general DA:I, specifically Iron Bull, turned me around on the Qun a little bit

Going from
    "You wouldn't UNDERSTAND, man" to "Well no one understands all of it it's a big huge thing so just worry about whatever directly affects you" made a big difference for me

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I liked sten because conversations with him were so different.

Because origins had a silent protagonist, so many of the conversations relied on the other party carrying the conversation, and any conversation option basically resulted in a monologue by the other person.

Sten was cool, because you'd ask him things, and he'd just go: no

• Options
    I want a game where you play as a protagonist's companion and you are constantly interrogated on the underpinnings of your culture

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I want a game where you play as a protagonist's companion and you are constantly interrogated on the underpinnings of your culture

this sounds like an indie or alt game idea to me

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    trying to curb the protagonists' actions by assigning approval amounts

dealing with their awkward attempts at 'romance'

Miss me? Find me on:

This discussion has been closed.