As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Seeker Pentaghast found some lost hobo in a ditch and here we are

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I always wear the default. Because the rest look weird to me.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Leather jacket and the pants are my go-to. I did the hoodie for awhile, but you're right...the pants were, as all pants are, annoying.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    Thank you guys for spoilering that stuff, I haven't done Overlord yet so it's appreciated.

Should have thought of that before you wandered into the Dragon Age Inquisition thread without having played everything in Mass Effect 2.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    No weird leather overalls for anyone?

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Or wait it was a vest. Wtf that thing was ugly.

• Options
    Lawks, whatever was I thinking

I wasn't being sarcastic though, people had spoilered stuff and I really did appreciate it

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Uniform all the way.

Gotta rock that Stacker Pentecost look, son.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Leather jacket and the pants are my go-to. I did the hoodie for awhile, but you're right...the pants were, as all pants are, annoying.

eternal doom on whoever decided to not give lady shep the same leather jacket outfit

DOOOOOM

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Who even wants to know

Shepard probably just looks at the screen and says "seriously" and then kicks them anyway

We're talking about the summary execution of a prisoner here.

So, have you sworn an oath never to play these games again? Or do you just say 'sorry' out loud everytime you shoot someone in the face?

...what? No.

I let him go. He appreciated it and...gave me some intel, or didn't radio ahead, or something. It's been a while.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Like, we've had discussions in these threads before about the morality of, for example, punching out al-Jilani. I've never seen anyone suggest that the ability to do so has turned them off from playing Bioware games entirely.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    So. Finally got some hardware capable of actually running this. Go me and all, but does anyone have a lead on any kind of sale or discount or something?

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    143999 wrote: »
    So. Finally got some hardware capable of actually running this. Go me and all, but does anyone have a lead on any kind of sale or discount or something?

no, but boxed copies are strangely cheaper than full price digital

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Hm. Anyone know if DLGamer is a legit site? They seem to have it for 20% off.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I don't know about DLGamer, but GreenManGaming has a 20% off voucher (expires today, though) and I've purchased plenty from them in the past.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    GMG is the legitest

I dunno how they make any money since I've never bought anything from them for full price but whatever

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Their strategy during Steam sales is typically "match Steam's price then add an additional discount" which is awesome, but supremely baffling from a business standpoint.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    I don't know about DLGamer, but GreenManGaming has a 20% off voucher (expires today, though) and I've purchased plenty from them in the past.

Looks like Inquisition is exempt.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    That merc in the Dantius tower in ME2
    I'm Paragon so I don't take the interrupt

But if I'm reading the comments correctly, they totally give you a second chance to kick him out the window?

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    For Overlord DLC, has anyone actually..
    Given up their soul and picked the Renegade choice? I don't think I ever will, especially when I have a younger autistic brother. Sure, he's not a savant, but if there's ever an AI who's communication is based on movie actors/production companies/voice acting/year of production, then Earth will be safe. Don't even need to hook up my brother, he'll happily converse which movies Bill Murray's brother has been in.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    overlord
    I'm sure someone has been a monster for the sake of youtube and posterity

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    For Overlord DLC, has anyone actually..
    Given up their soul and picked the Renegade choice? I don't think I ever will, especially when I have a younger autistic brother. Sure, he's not a savant, but if there's ever an AI who's communication is based on movie actors/production companies/voice acting/year of production, then Earth will be safe. Don't even need to hook up my brother, he'll happily converse which movies Bill Murray's brother has been in.

Moving Violations is one of my favourite movies.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Something I remembered being really annoying about ME3 - always having to save the game before stepping onto the bridge because it often bugs out and freezes me in a glitchy space.

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Gonna do a full ME run using only white dialogue options.
    Pretty sure it will be amazing.

Shep just fumbling around, getting roasted by everybody.

I did this for ME1! Used the default Shep, stayed a soldier, only took the middle right dialogue option whenever it was available.

It's actually "I have perfect emotional equanimity and I just want to get shit done as fast as possible" Shep. Conversations are generally a lot shorter, and you don't end up with many extra bullshit objectives or whatever to save people, so you just blitz through.

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    ...you can romance THANE?!

That's just cruel, what the hell

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

favorite het romance in the trilogy

he's an awesome dude

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

favorite het romance in the trilogy

he's an awesome dude

He really is.

Also, that voice. I love his voice.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I think on my first playthrough I assumed he wasn't an option because of his condition, which is a really silly assumption? Or maybe I was just so focused on Garrus that I didn't pay attention. Either way, yeah his voice is good. He called me siha and it took a slight expenditure of willpower not to save scum and foresake Garrus altogether.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think on my first playthrough I assumed he wasn't an option because of his condition, which is a really silly assumption? Or maybe I was just so focused on Garrus that I didn't pay attention. Either way, yeah his voice is good. He called me siha and it took a slight expenditure of willpower not to save scum and foresake Garrus altogether.

You should be flirting with every crew member whenever possible
    You learn real fast who's an option and who isn't

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    A romance with Thane never seemed the right thing to do. His perfect recall, in addition to his obvious devotion to his late wife, would likely make it an incredibly difficult situation for him.

I actually find it pretty strange that they made him romanceable but not Samara. I would've kept them both platonic.

• Options
    I save all my casual flirting for Kelly

Because those fish aren't going to feed themselves for some reason

• Options
    My ship can travel faster than light but it can't auto-feed some stupid fish

Way to drop the ball, Cerberus

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    A while ago, I had a horrible yet intriguing idea. There were the occasional Easter Eggs of Mass Effect stuff in Dragon Age and visa versa. You ever wonder if Bioware ever considered doing a straight-up crossover? You know, time/dimensional rift opens up, the Reapers harvest the Darkspawn with predictable results, and here we are. Not sure who would be the main character (Shepard would make the most since, since he/she was the PC in three games, while the Dragon Ages each had their own,) but it would be an excuse to bring in classic companions from the full run of both series. And hell, maybe toss in Jade Empire too if they're feeling ambitious.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My ship can travel faster than light but it can't auto-feed some stupid fish

Way to drop the ball, Cerberus

Yeah, after they went to all the trouble of fitting a wall spanning fish tank into the captain's quarters. Pretty sure they could have used the space for something mor necessary, but no. Fish tank with a button to push for feeding, but no auto feeder function.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    A romance with Thane never seemed the right thing to do. His perfect recall, in addition to his obvious devotion to his late wife, would likely make it an incredibly difficult situation for him.

I actually find it pretty strange that they made him romanceable but not Samara. I would've kept them both platonic.

he's a consenting adult

plus, why assume he can only romantically love one person?

never bothered me

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    It's Cerberus. All your fish dying is 100% in line with their normal operations including Shepard being the one to clean up the mess.

• Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    romancing liara in 1 and thane in 2 gives her the opportunity to deliver the best telling-off shep gets in the entire trilogy when you go through lotsb

"i thought we had something liara"

"but now youre trying to replace a dying mans dead wife!"

ice fucking cold

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    thane's situation just highlights the problem present in all mass effect romances which is that they get to this place of deep commitment completely unearned

he was pretty good in 3 tho

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Agusalim wrote: »
    romancing liara in 1 and thane in 2 gives her the opportunity to deliver the best telling-off shep gets in the entire trilogy when you go through lotsb

"i thought we had something liara"

"but now youre trying to replace a dying mans dead wife!"

ice fucking cold

Holy shit.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

he's a consenting adult

plus, why assume he can only romantically love one person?

never bothered me

What actually makes it hard is that before you come along, he's pretty much settled his life and prepared himself for dying. And then you come along and give him something to live for and it just messes everything up.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    It's Cerberus. All your fish dying is 100% in line with their normal operations including Shepard being the one to clean up the mess.

Well I'm the last one to defend Cerberus, but it's pretty amazing that the purge which supposedly kills all the collectors on the Normandy after the plot-forced crew kidnap situation saves the fish AND the space hamster.

This discussion has been closed.