As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: The Films] Rogue One is a movie of some kind

1333435363739»

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    shryke wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Most people would consider important that they're not nazis when calling them literal nazis too.

But you just keep swinging that word around I guess. I'm definitely not interested in this tangent anymore.

I called them literally space-nazis. Cause that's what they are. A fictional third-reich-esque regime in space. Not, like, the actual nazis. Most people would consider it important to notice what I actually said.

Most people are probably scrolling past your posts because they're tired of your pedantic, caustic shit.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    What I take issue with is the idea that rank and file Imps are not evil because they only joined the Empire to go to space-college or get off Tatooine or whatever. Even if they have never been ordered to blow up any planets themselves they are still supporting an evil system.

Ehhhh... I'm real hesitant to dismiss people who "support an evil system" simply by living where they were born and getting jobs to feed their families. Lot of compelling stories can be told about moral people who gradually, over time, realize that the government or organization they thought they knew has been evil all along. That's, like, the basis for tons of dystopian literature/movies.

Most Stormtroopers probably don't even realize that they're the bad guys... in fact, everyone's a hero in their own story.

The ones in IMPS certainly think they are.

https://youtu.be/RPIRCCUN-NU?t=1m2s

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2015
    This thread needs some time off.

@shryke, you have a consistent problem with the tone of your writing that needs to be addressed. You do not appear to know how to, or are unwilling to, choose your words with care to convey meaning without giving undue offense. Take some time to reflect on how this can be improved.

@Quid, you did not help.

Geth, close the thread.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.