As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: The Films] Rogue One is a movie of some kind

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Leia was raised by the royal family of Alderaan and her adoptive father is a senator. She's got ever so slight advantage over Luke.

That was half of what she doing, and she was a resistance leader (from the front!) simultaneously.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Princess Leia.

That thing with elected monarchs annoyed me more than Jar Jar.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Princess Leia.

I think you are talking about the wrong princess.

Leia was adopted by the royal family on a planet with a normal monarchy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    The big thing with the Clone Wars was the Clone Wars, plural. It was a single conflict, if a galaxy-spanning one, that took five years. I call false advertising.

• Options
    Princess Leia.

The prequels made me wonder if Lucas knows what monarchies are and how politics work.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Leia probably kicked Han's ass to the curb and is calling the shots now in government.

Big fat Hutt head mounted on the wall in her office.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Princess Leia.

I think you are talking about the wrong princess.

Leia was adopted by the royal family on a planet with a normal monarchy.

Ah really? I assumed they were all as dumb as Naboo.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Well I mean there's a reason Marvel is giving Leia her own ongoing comic series, and Luke has to share the spotlight in the general Star Wars comic

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Well I mean there's a reason Marvel is giving Leia her own ongoing comic series, and Luke has to share the spotlight in the general Star Wars comic

Nepotism.

• Options

Nepotism.

Since Vader is also getting his own ongoing, maybe it's just a "Bring your Daughter to Work Day" thing

• Options

Leiaism.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Um, there have been elected monarchs in real life history.

Also, Leia's comic isn't ongoing. It's just 5 issues, and as it ends, Kanan: The Last Padawan starts up.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Um, there have been elected monarchs in real life history.

Also, Leia's comic isn't ongoing. It's just 5 issues, and as it ends, Kanan: The Last Padawan starts up.

I thought there were actually a couple left.

Quick wikipedia says Cambodia and Malaysia still practice it. And it lists the Pope as well under that category as well.

• Options
    Well either way, a miniseries is more than Luke gets

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    The idea of an elected monarch is cool. The problem is that that's not why Lucas wrote it that way. Instead it's because she needs to be a Queen because Space Fantasy, but we also need her to be the supporter of Democracy therefore she is now an elected Queen.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options

I expect Luke's past to be expanded on either after The Force Awakens or after the new trilogy ends.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015

I expect Luke's past to be expanded on either after The Force Awakens or after the new trilogy ends.

Written by Richard Bachman, starring the latest Disney youngsters, a coming of age movie.

A Disney'd up Stand By Me isn't sounding as good as when I started this post.

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Leia was raised by the royal family of Alderaan and her adoptive father is a senator. She's got ever so slight advantage over Luke.
    Socially.
    Luke had a higher midi count though hence his exile. Vader doesnt even pick up that Leia is force sensitive whereas Luke was using it enough as a pilot to impress him.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Socially.
    Luke had a higher midi count though hence his exile. Vader doesnt even pick up that Leia is force sensitive whereas Luke was using it enough as a pilot to impress him.

Nah, Jedi's power grows with experience. No one taught Leia about the Force, otherwise she'd have been sensed by Vader like Luke was.

• Options
    Socially.

You can't sense midichlorians, you nerf herder. You need to measure them from the blood.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Luke has a full length novel coming out.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

I'm really curious about it. It's called Heir to the Jedi, but takes place before his training by Yoda.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

I'm really curious about it. It's called Heir to the Jedi, but takes place before his training by Yoda.

Luke visits the Hair Club for Men in Star Wars, uses too much - that's why he has a beard.

• Options
    Really hope they left some wiggle room for Luke to have some under the radar post ROTJ adventures.

Theres a lot of great stuff they could mine from that in the EU.

• Options
    Just picked up the new Star Wars #1. It starts up pretty shortly after New Hope, and looks like its going to be a fun ride. The art is great, Leia is in the thick of it with blaster in hand, and so far it feels like Star Wars. Couldn't have asked for much more!

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Just picked up the new Star Wars #1. It starts up pretty shortly after New Hope, and looks like its going to be a fun ride. The art is great, Leia is in the thick of it with blaster in hand, and so far it feels like Star Wars. Couldn't have asked for much more!

So the same thing as the last twenty times?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I think one thing that the OT really dosen't get enough credit for is how much of a badass Leia is as a character.

Like Han and Lando and hell even Boba Fett get more praise, but good lord is Carrie Fisher as Leia completly amazing.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    The idea of an elected monarch is cool. The problem is that that's not why Lucas wrote it that way. Instead it's because she needs to be a Queen because Space Fantasy, but we also need her to be the supporter of Democracy therefore she is now an elected Queen.

the whole space queen thing was in the original version of the first star wars movie so.... yes and no.

more along the lines of Lucas not having an original idea since the 1970s.

• Options
    I always thought Amidala was a queen because Leia is a princess, and it's all stanzas and rhymes.

• Options
    I always thought Amidala was a queen because Leia is a princess, and it's all stanzas and rhymes.

If I remember right it was something along the lines of 'she was a princess because her mother the queen of naboo asked the jedi anakin starkiller to rescue her from an alderaan star fighter academy after it was shown that she was targeted for assassination by the empire.'

I am far too lazy to look up the original screen play.

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

If I remember right it was something along the lines of 'she was a princess because her mother the queen of naboo asked the jedi anakin starkiller to rescue her from an alderaan star fighter academy after it was shown that she was targeted for assassination by the empire.'

No, I'm referring to the movies.

• Options

well the only thing I've ever heard is that she was princess of alderaan because her adopted mother was queen but of course that is never explained in any of the movies.

• Options

The movies don't explain anything.

• Options

I'm saying that because Leia was a princess, Lucas decided that Amidala has to be a queen because of his whole "it all rhymes" thing he had with the making of the prequels.

• Options

I'm saying that because Leia was a princess, Lucas decided that Amidala has to be a queen because of his whole "it all rhymes" thing he had with the making of the prequels.

Which started to make sense at first glance then fell apart after Phantom Menace.

• Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    Have they said if they're keeping even vague ideas of the EU, or is it all out the door? I'd love to see some Corran Horn, and Rogue love. I know I read that they want everyone to be surprised, so I'm assuming that means it's all out.

XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Yep. :(

Will be happy when they start delving into stuff focused more on original characters that they can do more with.

I'll buy it but not really interested in the irrelevant side adventures of the original trio too much. The Darth Vader series should be good though.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Have they said if they're keeping even vague ideas of the EU, or is it all out the door? I'd love to see some Corran Horn, and Rogue love. I know I read that they want everyone to be surprised, so I'm assuming that means it's all out.
    Everything's available to be used, but that doesn't mean it will. However, we're more likely to get stuff pre-Ep7 timeframe than anything after. I wouldn't hold my breath for Corran, but I bet CorSec gets mentioned on Rebels.

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Yep. :(

Will be happy when they start delving into stuff focused more on original characters that they can do more with.

I'll buy it but not really interested in the irrelevant side adventures of the original trio too much. The Darth Vader series should be good though.

Kanan is getting his own comic once Leia's mini series ends. And from the info released, a female assassin/bounty hunter is a major character/agent of Vader in his title.

• Options

Bit of both. The original EU is dead, but they can incorporate whatever they like from it if they feel like it. Best of both worlds.

This discussion has been closed.