As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rocksmith 2014] This DLC has me at an All Time Low *3 pack*

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Just got into a band called Screaming Females recently, chuffed to see they're already in Rocksmith as a regular set list track

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Papa Roach Song Pack – $7.99

Papa Roach “Getting Away With Murder” – Drop C
    Papa Roach “Last Resort” – Drop D
    Papa Roach “Scars” – Eb Drop Db

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Huh, kind of suprised by the choices. I would have thought that lifeline song would have been a sure pick, and I was kind of interested for the opening riff. Think the others are kind of generic sounding, can't really think of any guitar parts that stand out in them.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Is the cut my life into pizzas song included?!

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Is the cut my life into pizzas song included?!

Last Resort, yes.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Tommatt wrote: »

Huh, kind of suprised by the choices. I would have thought that lifeline song would have been a sure pick, and I was kind of interested for the opening riff. Think the others are kind of generic sounding, can't really think of any guitar parts that stand out in them.

I had hoped for "Getting away with Murder" and "Last Resort" though Drop C and D is bleh. Scars? meh

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    With a lot of band packs, it always seems like we get "two songs people want" and "one song the band wants"

Though usually that means it's some track off whatever their newest album is.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I was actually wondering, Is drop c still in e standard or is it the d standard equivalent of drop d? Or can you do either to different effects?

• Options
    InstantPigInstantPig Damn Registered User regular
    The D standard equivalent. Never seen the other way. Not that you couldn't I guess, but you would lose the ability to easily play power chords.

PSN: Fading_Vision

• Options
    Pretty much any time you see "drop" in the tuning it's to detune the top string so that you just bar the top 3 to be able to do a power chord. And more importantly, you can just just hit the low e string, to now give you an open D (or C in this case, which would be CDCFAD in case I'm mistaken, which is possible, I've been drinking and just did the fretboard/scale in my head, which in all honestly, was harder than googling it on hindsight. But good practice in any case) that besides regular chords, just seems to flow with the guitar if you want to just chug on a palm muted note for awhile.

It's funny, I used to avoid say drop D, but I've been playing with a guy who has always played in drop D, and it's really opened up some things for me on how to use it. And a lot of that is attributed to things this game taught me that I always struggled to learn.

• Options
    This coming Tuesday: The Cars (5pack)

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Fuck yes.

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    OK, soon I will own five more songs.

I like the night life, baby!

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    This coming Tuesday: The Cars (5pack)

!

• Options
    The Cars Song Pack – $11.99

The Cars “Just What I Needed”
    The Cars “Good Times Roll”
    The Cars “Bye Bye Love”
    The Cars “Let’s Go”
    The Cars “You’re All I’ve Got Tonight”
    all the songs are in E Standard,

• Options
    They should have included that Cars classic, "Gary Numan".

steam_sig.png

• Options
    What about that here in my car song? Surely that must be the cars!

...wait, are we making the same joke?

• Options
    Back from seeing The Church. Y'know what I'd like in a future song pack? The Church! And maybe some Love & Rockets and some Smithereens, as long as I'm asking.

• Options
    Love The Church. Sounds like a great night! Lucky...

• Options
    InstantPig wrote: »
    Love The Church. Sounds like a great night! Lucky...

It was! Although I only recognized about four songs, all from Starfish or Gold Afternoon Fix. They did a bunch of stuff from their new album, and apparently they've put out another 25 or so albums since I was playing them on my college radio show? (Also, Marty Wilson-Piper wasn't along for this tour, so they had to recruit another guitarist.)

• Options
    I'm guessing it has something to do with how songs are licensed, but I really wish you could tell the game to ignore having to tune before a song, or even if the real tone cable is plugged in. Sometimes it'd be nice to have a scrolling tab on screen, say you forgot your cable or are on an acoustic, or maybe you just want to quickly look at a part in riff repeater. Or I really want to play in drop D in session mode.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I'm guessing it has something to do with how songs are licensed, but I really wish you could tell the game to ignore having to tune before a song, or even if the real tone cable is plugged in. Sometimes it'd be nice to have a scrolling tab on screen, say you forgot your cable or are on an acoustic, or maybe you just want to quickly look at a part in riff repeater. Or I really want to play in drop D in session mode.

I agree. I've recently been using riff repeater to play along through my amp or with acoustic, and it is really annoying have to tune in the game before doing that.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    The worst is when a song has slightly off tuning, or demands you play with a capo. Just pitch correct it, game! Don't make me tune down ever so slightly.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    listen damn it, they played 1 cent up from standard! don't ruin my immersion!

• Options
    Ya I never play those songs. I'll change my tuning, but not just barely for no reason.

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    The worst is when a song has slightly off tuning, or demands you play with a capo. Just pitch correct it, game! Don't make me tune down ever so slightly.

This is doubly weird because sometimes you can put on the capo and it won't think it's on just right and you'll keep failing the tuning. Then after awhile it's just "Do you want to play anyway?"

Why doesn't it just have a button to skip it whenever. Then I wouldn't have to retune meticulously when switching guitars or slightly offset frequencies that I probably butcher with my terrible clumsy fingers anyway?

• Options
    Haha yeah I don't either. I get why they don't just change other tunings but that slightly sharp stuff feels incredibly nitpicky. Like I don't think the band knew they where playing anything but an e standard

• Options
    Haha yeah I don't either. I get why they don't just change other tunings but that slightly sharp stuff feels incredibly nitpicky. Like I don't think the band knew they where playing anything but an e standard

This has always been my thought. One member slightly tuned wrong by ear, or somebody hit some buttons on the tuner making it slightly off, and they went with it.

• Options
    Coming this Tuesday: Jeff Buckley

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Hallelujah!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    FB hint is

The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall & the major lift.

Ummm, 4 pack? 3 pack?

• Options
    Jeff Buckley Song Pack – $7.99

Jeff Buckley “Grace” – Drop D – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    Jeff Buckley “Hallelujah” – Capo Required – Lead ; E Standard – Rhythm/Bass
    Jeff Buckley “Last Goodbye” – Open G – Lead/Rhythm; Drop D – Bass

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    The Buckley pack is available. And I watched the official trailer and was amused to see that the person playing along had just as much trouble as I do getting some of the arpeggios and rapid strums to register.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Went to go check out the songs on youtube, and wiki this guy. Had heard Hallelujah. One album, and Rolling stone named him one of the best singers of all time. Now sad I never listened to his short catalog. Going to remedy that. Such a WTF you can never predict the future or when you're going to die death. Kind of reminded me of Randy Rhoads death. Nothing at all in common, except completely random. If they A/C had not malfunctioned or they had stayed somewhere else . / had he not gone swimming/had the boat had a slightly different course. Sad :(

Tommatt on
  • Options
    FB hint is

The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall & the major lift.

Ummm, 4 pack? 3 pack?
    Jeff Buckley Song Pack – $7.99

Jeff Buckley “Grace” – Drop D – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    Jeff Buckley “Hallelujah” – Capo Required – Lead ; E Standard – Rhythm/Bass
    Jeff Buckley “Last Goodbye” – Open G – Lead/Rhythm; Drop D – Bass

Trying to decipher the hint. Does it have something to do with the tuning? Drop D, E, Open G?

• Options
    Part of the lyrics to Hallelujah.

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    InstantPig wrote: »
    Part of the lyrics to Hallelujah.
    Also a description of the chord progression that's happening in the song.

• Options
    Ubisoft games are on sale on Steam right now. Rocksmith 2014 is on sale for 66% off. Didn't see any other RS related sales though.

• Options
    Boo no dlc sale

• Options
    Boo no dlc sale

I was hoping at least the original was on sale. I'd like to import the disk on steam.

This discussion has been closed.