As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard...

FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?"Registered User regular
MASS EFFECT series, you've probably heard of it. We discuss the games, DLC, multi-player, speculation about ME4, fan art, but please no creepy fan fiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMo7ffPR6tE

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    What happened to the best OP on PA?

:(

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    yeah we should like pastebin the OP so it there's no issues with retrieval

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've always kind of liked the simply obnoxious "stolen from ______, flagrantly ripped off by ______" chain.

Also the OP is already stumbling. I'm pretty sure we can't do most of what it asks without the creepy fan fiction.

I thought that was, like, 40% of what we do here.

Man, the ME thread has changed since I last perused it regularly.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    WIth all the remasters and whatnot they have been releasing on the new consoles, you'd think we'd have a ME trilogy on PS4 and XBone by now. At least announced... It's been too long since I played Mass Effect.

Nothing new on the ME4 front either, right?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I finished ME2 again last night, and man. Final boss aside, that is just one of the best endgames I've ever played. The game mechanics, the music, the visuals, the way that this whole group of characters is weaved into the action. It's all just exciting and tense and a perfect payoff to assembling and getting to know your team.

Poor Mordin was the only one who didn't make it this time. I felt bad seeing his space coffin sitting there all by itself.

Question: Is there any resource that talks about the best squadmates to bring along on particular missions, in terms of content? As in, squadmates who might have more to say than others, or more unique things to say and not just their version of a standard line. Or, looking at it from the other direction, maybe something that lists every mission/location where a certain squadmate has dialogue?

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I picked up ME3 a week back for my new PC. Sooooo much prettier than when I played it on my 360.

I'm also readdicted to the multiplayer. I lucked in to an all biotic team today and it was beautiful.

Dubstep is still the most fun of teams to run. A reave, a charge, a bit of lashing and some liberal smashing is by far the most fun I ever have in MP. Toss in a snap freeze for extra credit.

Nothing else comes close.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    Ours was a couple adepts, a vanguard, and an N7 fury.

Biotics and people were flying everywhere.

Skull2185 wrote: »
    WIth all the remasters and whatnot they have been releasing on the new consoles, you'd think we'd have a ME trilogy on PS4 and XBone by now. At least announced... It's been too long since I played Mass Effect.

If they were to remake ME1 with 2/3's mechanics I would throw so much money at it.

Quid wrote: »
    Ours was a couple adepts, a vanguard, and an N7 fury.

Biotics and people were flying everywhere.

I just like having a phoenix cause smash is such an awesome primer and detonator. But when using lash to detonate? Hilarity.

steam_sig.png

Should I be focusing on any particular pack starting out? I've got my adept high enough to do silver/gold runs but I'd like to get a better variety of guns. I've been mostly sticking with the arsenal pack except half the time instead of rare guns it's equipment boosts.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    I finished ME2 again last night, and man. Final boss aside, that is just one of the best endgames I've ever played. The game mechanics, the music, the visuals, the way that this whole group of characters is weaved into the action. It's all just exciting and tense and a perfect payoff to assembling and getting to know your team.

Poor Mordin was the only one who didn't make it this time. I felt bad seeing his space coffin sitting there all by itself.

Question: Is there any resource that talks about the best squadmates to bring along on particular missions, in terms of content? As in, squadmates who might have more to say than others, or more unique things to say and not just their version of a standard line. Or, looking at it from the other direction, maybe something that lists every mission/location where a certain squadmate has dialogue?

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mordin_Solus/Unique_dialogue

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular

If they were to remake ME1 with 2/3's mechanics I would throw so much money at it.

I would charge into that game headfirst.

kaceyp wrote: »

Word. The final two hours of ME2 are more engaging than 90% of the movies I've seen. Hollywood needs to make note of this and think very long and hard about its implications.

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Quads.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Quads.

Clawhammer.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Playing through DAO, I can't help but wish I knew a fifth as much about, say, the Turians as I do about the Dwarves, or that there were more than one Turian character of any real note. It's like if Oghren was your main viewpoint on his people. Just hope MENext let's you explore cultures a little more.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

Multiplayer lead to me hankering for the singleplayer game so I decided to give renegade a try. And while it's mostly fun being a hardass I just finished up the genophage mission going full renegade.

That is a fucking barbaric.

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Quads.

Clawhammer.

One day I'll be drunk enough to risk looking on the net to see what that's about...

• xtaxta Registered User regular

hopefully without thermal clips

edited January 2015
    Mild Confusion was warned for this.
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Quads.

Clawhammer.

One day I'll be drunk enough to risk looking on the net to see what that's about...

It's the phrase that keeps getting banned from the ME threads by mods. A move I personally think is ethically wrong as it's canon in the series, so perfectly up for discussion. I wasn't the one who wrote it into the game, I was just the one who doubled down on it...

With an image of a cigar cutter and a hotdog...

@Cambiata‌ didn't help the situation any.

A duck! on
    steam_sig.png

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Let's not drag up old fights.

Let's not drag up old fights.

Heh, the last thing it was, was a fight.

Think of it as an assortment of people complimenting each other's contribution to the point of Geth involvement.

steam_sig.png

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular

I could have sworn I saw something to this effect, it was something small like either an overseas rating request or a GameStop pre-order sku (which of course means about as much as your average Krogan testicle).

newSig.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Quads.

Clawhammer.

It's the phrase that keeps getting banned from the ME threads by mods. A move I personally think is ethically wrong as it's canon in the series, so perfectly up for discussion. I wasn't the one who wrote it into the game, I was just the one who doubled down on it...

Cambiata‌ didn't help the situation any.

Canon in the series? What? I'm pretty sure you are trying to start a fight with me, @Mild Confusion‌!

Clawhammer came from someone's comic about Mass Effect. Not an official comic, a fan made a comedy comic about it.

The reason it annoys me is because obviously Garrus is a lady fan favorite. So of course, dude fans are going to do whatever they can to smash ladys' wank material, because girls are dumb hurr hurr.

Like no comics ever got passed around about how probably Liara and Tali don't have vaginae. Because dudes like those characters.

Clawhammer doesn't even make sense. He has a spikey head and a carapace, so obviously spiked dick lol. Wanna know what critters on earth have spiked dicks? Soft, fluffy kitty cats.

At least there's Earthside precedent for Liara to have something like this going on.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    This is the reason the cycle started.

You guys are the reason the AI child was created.

Cambiata wrote: »
    Quads.

Clawhammer.

Cambiata‌ didn't help the situation any.

Canon in the series? What? I'm pretty sure you are trying to start a fight with me, @Mild Confusion‌!

Clawhammer came from someone's comic about Mass Effect. Not an official comic, a fan made a comedy comic about it.

The reason it annoys me is because obviously Garrus is a lady fan favorite. So of course, dude fans are going to do whatever they can to smash ladys' wank material, because girls are dumb hurr hurr.

Like no comics ever got passed around about how probably Liara and Tali don't have vaginae. Because dudes like those characters.

Clawhammer doesn't even make sense. He has a spikey head and a carapace, so obviously spiked dick lol. Wanna know what critters on earth have spiked dicks? Soft, fluffy kitty cats.

At least there's Earthside precedent for Liara to have something like this going on.

In my world, they most certainly have vaginas. So many vaginas...

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    It naturally goes along with the 40 breasts.

Edit: Tycho said it best:
    Tycho wrote:
    Where are the bipedal crustaceans in this calculation? The swirling, aroused gasses? The lonely, sentient space station whose hermetic bulkheads hold secret clusters of erotic delights, provided your character has both the skills and equipment? Carpe astrum, you Goddamned backwater clowns. There must be an entire universe of thrilling, dangerous, sometimes razor sharp genitalia that slavers beyond the Horsehead Nebula.

Orca on
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I've seen plenty of pics make fun of what Tali is really like under her mask.

But either way this argument is dumb. Let's not argue over the reproductive organs of vitual boyfriends and girlfriends.

Please?

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I seem to have typed up a post in response to Cambiata's, but I'm gonna save it in a draft overnight in case this is in fact the sort of thing that causes the mods to look in our direction. I'll post it when I get up tomorrow if none of them have stopped by to tell us to stop talking about this.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Yeah there is no mention of turian genitalia in canon at all. Asari have been mentioned, however, and don't even require that kind of contact for reproduction so who knows there (aside from the baby having to come out of somewhere). I hope never to find out how elcor work...

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Guys I went and bought this hoodie and it was totally worth it

ed68_n7_stripe_hoodie.jpg

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I've seen plenty of pics make fun of what Tali is really like under her mask.

Right, her face. Not a single one questioning whether Shep can still roger her (except with a bag over her head, because that's the joke).

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Nice! I just got this one myself to help with calibrations.

Mass Effect internet high-five!

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Nice! I just got this one myself to help with calibrations.

Mass Effect internet high-five!

I should go

to put on my hoodie

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular

A remake of ME1 would be interesting. I went back and played it last year and was stunned by how bad some of the cutscenes were. There was a moment when Shep, Garrus and Wrex are all standing rigid and in a line while Shep calls the Normandy. Or when everyone is sitting in the circular briefing room with their hands glued to their knees. ME2 and ME3 have actual staging. Characters move and interact with their environment. ME2 really is much more like a movie in that sense than ME1 and the improvement shows just how far Bioware has come as storytellers.

"I see everything twice!"

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The reason there's not more jokes about Tali and Liara is because Bioware made the lady aliens look like 95% human women and the dude aliens more...alien. That's certainly a thing of its own, but if there was a female turian option, there'd be jokes about like, vices or some scary beetle term or something.

s7Imn5J.png
This discussion has been closed.