As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard...

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    It's been quite some time since I played that scene as ManShep, but as I recall, the only bothersome part of it was Traynor wearing her underwear while the water was going. (Weirdly prudish, particularly compared to DAI romance scenes.)

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I misremembered some of that, but she's still a tease, inviting dude-Shep into the bathroom and then start talking about vibrators. Eyes up please!

Linked for underwear. I'm already jailed as it is.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Wait, Shepard has a bathroom?

But of course, the shower she sexes up Traynor in has to be somewhere.

Don't they shower in their underwear? Could be the crew's bathroom.

Shepard is a never-nude and Traynor was just being polite.

"I see everything twice!"

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The truth is that humans in the Mass Effect universe have underwear shaped birth marks.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Does this happen at the start of every ME thread until the Geth nanny gets reenabled?
    I love you guys but there's been zero content in this thread in the last three pages.
    Oh wait, I tell a lie, Quid posted about playing the actual game.
    I should finish my me3 playthrough. Stupid injured left hand. Can't play anything wasd for a while. Reckon I could play a vanguard with a ten button mouse? :) I can press keys with the right hand occasionally, but generally speaking I prefer to rest it on my lap.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Does this happen at the start of every ME thread until the Geth nanny gets reenabled?
    I love you guys but there's been zero content in this thread in the last three pages.
    Oh wait, I tell a lie, Quid posted about playing the actual game.
    I should finish my me3 playthrough. Stupid injured left hand. Can't play anything wasd for a while. Reckon I could play a vanguard with a ten button mouse? :) I can press keys with the right hand occasionally, but generally speaking I prefer to rest it on my lap.

You only need to Charge and Nova for ME3 singleplayer from easy through insanity, so you should be fine.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    It's been a year and a half since anything came out and no one knows anything about the next game, so game discussion is going to be pretty thin for awhile.

s7Imn5J.png
    The fact that we keep burning through threads over two years later just shows how awesome the ME series is.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The fact that we keep burning through threads over two years later just shows how much we love memes.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Or how truly depraved portions of the fanbase are.

Strikor wrote: »

Heeeeeey, you're talking about me aren't ya?

:biggrin:

steam_sig.png

No, no. You aren't depraved. You're just a monster!

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    It's been a year and a half since anything came out and no one knows anything about the next game, so game discussion is going to be pretty thin for awhile.

To put it another way,

We can only reach so far. You'll just have to be flexible

No, no. You aren't depraved. You're just a monster!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

The abyss has long been a close friend. It's where Loghain and I send Mordin and Wrex.

Teamwork yo!

steam_sig.png

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Bioware brings out the inner weirdo. It's the reason their forums are a singularity of depravity and madness.

"I see everything twice!"

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Bioware brings out the inner weirdo. It's the reason their forums are a singularity of depravity and madness.
    No, that's just because they're the official forums for a video game.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

so what you're saying is

i'm becoming a vanguard the more i play? :D

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy

so what you're saying is

i'm becoming a vanguard the more i play? :D

Yes.

steam_sig.png

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Nice! I just got this one myself to help with calibrations.

Mass Effect internet high-five!

I got that one too.

Actually got some compliments on it from people who had no idea what Mass Effect is.

Seriously, that thing looks nice.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    i'm more amused than anything else
    people going you know we aren't supposed to have this argument you know and then it happens in jest and then it starts to grow and im all "heh"

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

You're not talking about me are you?
    You're totally talking about me.

That artist that does the anime-style Mass Effect stuff has done a longer set that's pretty good if you're into Garrus + Femshep:

http://wei723.tumblr.com/post/106042010889

First panel shown here; rest at the link:
    tumblr_nh2ulfpW6J1s0jn0to1_r2_500.jpg

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    the feels!

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    That is so sweet.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Strong art when a single word bubble is unnecessary, if not detrimental.

s7Imn5J.png
  • RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Dudes of the world: When ladies start making forum posts of scientific analysis trying to figure out what Garrus' sweat tastes like, then you can start trying to warn us about the dangers of being attracted to aliens, and not before.

IIRC isn't ingesting bodily fluids of Garrus a bad idea? Like, annafeltic shock bad idea?
    Yeah, that's what I never got.

Like, in ME and ME2, they make sure to point out that Turians and Quarians are dextro, which means they need different foodstuffs, have different chemical make-ups and for a human to partake would be ill-advised at best, fatal at worst. Hell, even if Shepard and Garrus get together, the camera fades out on them hugging with some forehead contact because kissing would be outright dangerous.

Except if you're romancing Tali, I guess, none of that lore matters since she jumps Shepard's bones (literally), and they quite obviously, uh, "mix fluids". And all that happens is that Tali gets a cold.

Thing is, there isn't really a necessary link between "incompatible" and "toxic". Having dextro-based amino acids in the proteins instead of levo would mean that turian and quarian proteins wouldn't be digestible by terrestrial digestive systems, and presumably neither would proteins in their food. But that in and of itself doesn't imply anything else. Cellulose is indigestible, but people eat salads every day. And the "anaphylactic shock" bit doesn't make much sense either. With dextro proteins, there's no guarantee our immune systems would be able to detect them at all, let alone react that strongly.

Quarian immune-system biology makes no sense either way it's explained.

tl;dr don't go to BioWare for good science.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    No, that's just because they're the official forums for a video game.

All official forums for video games are bad.
    Bioware games are slightly worse. I blame it on the passion that Bioware inspires in their fans.
    MMO forums are also usually bad, probably because that's a genre where people invest a ton of time.

Hence my theory that the Star Wars: The Old Republic forums must be the worst. Bioware + MMO + Star Wars (wanna talk about passionate, entitled fans?) + official game forum = awful.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    That artist that does the anime-style Mass Effect stuff has done a longer set that's pretty good if you're into Garrus + Femshep:

http://wei723.tumblr.com/post/106042010889

First panel shown here; rest at the link:
    tumblr_nh2ulfpW6J1s0jn0to1_r2_500.jpg

Well, my headcanon is femshep/Garrus now. Wow. That is exquisitely well done.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I've got 3 ME hoodies (an old dark navy one, a newer black one and the 'performance' one linked earlier). All of them are great. The oldest is a slightly heavier fabric, so it's awesome in fall/spring when it's a bit chilly out. The lightest one is good for general wear or, say, a cool summer evening. The performance one, gloves and a scarf have seen me through some obnoxiously cold weather (-30C and worse with windchill, but that's with at least 2 shirt layers and usually just the 20 minute hike to work). Also snagged the light jacket, though the lack of elastic at the cuffs makes it strangely one of the less wind resistant (can go right up the sleeves).

I actually had to get the zipper on the oldest one replaced, and it's probably not far from needing elbow patches. Which is to say that it has survived a lot of wear and washings, but I'm not ready to let it go yet (and they no longer seem to make them like this anymore).

The funny thing is how often I get people waving, nodding, commenting or just catching the edge of a Mass Effect conversation while walking around. I mean, in the sense that this game has an incredibly diverse fan base. People of a wide variety of backgrounds, women and men alike, some just complementing the choice of attire, some happy to have half hour conversations about the series.

I generally wear the lightest one to conventions, and it has led to at least one lengthy and touching bonding experience over the series, an obvious uptick in compliments, and guaranteed to get at least half a dozen questions asking where they can buy them.

Like any ravenous fanbase for a video game on the internet, there are definitely some negative aspects to the fandom, but I like that while most people just see a dark blue/black hoody, stripe and N7, to the right people, it's a nod of shared appreciation.

Can't wait to see the reaction to the full suit. I've got the under suit lined up through a friend, which we'll be looking at making in February in preparation for a 3 day convention in march. Need to touch up a paint chip on my Carnifex and look into some boots, and I think I'll be good to go.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    I'm afraid to ask, but how much is a full Shepard suit like the one you got?

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

This guy sells full sets periodically and from a recent post on facebook he charges $950 for a set. He also includes instructions on that blog about how to make your own.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    That comic is cute but I don't get what the ending references.

Cambiata wrote: »

This guy sells full sets periodically and from a recent post on facebook he charges $950 for a set. He also includes instructions on that blog about how to make your own.

Holy shitsnacks.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular

Thank God you asked, because I have no idea either and I felt like an idiot.

edited January 2015
    Looks like some sort of internal story the artist has for 'em.

I was just floored how the artist told a moving story with nary a word spoken.

As SoundsPlush said, the story would have been weakened by words.

Kind of like Up's intro.

Orca on
  • ILMTitanILMTitan Registered User regular

I was assuming it was referencing the super secret destroy ending.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Could it be the destroy ending?

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Yeah pretty sure it's the destroy ending

(also known as the "One True Ending" or "The Ending That Isn't For Compromising Pretend Shepards")

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Pfft!

Only true ending is control, aka god of the universe

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    ooor... that's what happens when Shep exchanges fluids with birdmen...

This discussion has been closed.