As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Playstation] thread, audiophiles welcome

EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes UpRegistered User regular
edited March 2015 in Social Entropy++
This is a thread to talk about your Playstations!

There are big Playstations!

PlayStation4-FeaturedImage.jpg

Small Playstations!

179542_front.jpg

Playstations you can stream on your TV!

2.jpg

"Okay Etchwarts, I've purchased every Playstation known to man. Now what do I do with it?"

Well, it sure seems weird that you went out and did that without even Googling it first, but you play games on them! Games like these!

Uncharted 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Rx-Bbht5E

No Man's Sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwG6Sj1Yfg

Little Big Planet 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymCDdrMKPrY

You can even make Playstation Pals (TM) with your PSN username!
@SirEtchwarts = SirEtchwarts
@Melding = CptMelding
@Whippy‌ = NemoWoodbine
@Raijin Quickfoot = RaijinQ
@Grey Ghost = GrahamCR
@Hermano = AHermano
@Mego Thor‌ = MegoThor
@AtomicTofu‌ = AtomicTofu
@Rhesus Positive‌ = RhesusPositive
@Blankzilla‌ = Blankzilla
@#pipe = hashpipe_canada
@UnbreakableVow‌ = UnbreakableVow
@Uriel = jarofmoldymayo
@vermiculture‌ = vermiculture
@I Win Swordfights‌ = bryarray
@Veldrin‌ = Sechael
@Hawkstone‌ = WatchmanRorshak
@Hullis‌ = Vuvuzellis
@LockedOnTarget‌ = LockedOnTarget
@The Geek‌ = TheGeekGWD
@The Hanged Man‌ = LeviathanAscends
@SyphonBlue‌ = syphonblue
@Ashcroft‌ = IWAshcroft
@I needed a gnome to post.‌ = CommunistLich
@JohnHam‌ = john_ham
@RedBeardJim‌ = RedBeardJim
@No Great Name = NoGreatName
@Beef Avenger = robo_wizard1
@Fearghaill = fearghaill
@nicopernicus = Nikopernicus

So let's talk Playstation, ladies and gentlemen. What games do you like? Which ones are you looking forward to the most? And just how great is that theme that gives you the Playstation 1 start-up noise whenever you log in? (the answer: so great)

Etchwarts on

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    This thread is perfectly timed, as I literally only just wondered what the heck is happening with The Order 1886.

Apparently it's out next month and I've heard nothing else in the last 6 months.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    This thread is perfectly timed, as I literally only just wondered what the heck is happening with The Order 1886.

Apparently it's out next month and I've heard nothing else in the last 6 months.

They had a trailer for it at the VGAs.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I really want the order to the be as pretty as they're promising us.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It seems to be a really narrative/set piece driven game so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't wanna blow a lot of those with trailers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i came into an abrupt surplus of money recently and am considering just getting a ps4 in anticipation of bloodborne

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »

They had a trailer for it at the VGAs.

Ohh ok I totally missed this.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My big Playstation broke yesterday!

Eff Playstation!

Now I have to play my old big Playstation!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    wait bloodborne and the order 1886 and assassin's creed victory are all this year and probably dishonored 2 or something

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    There's no way Dishonored 2 comes out this year

Have they even officially announced it? Wiki says no although Bethesda wants it to be a franchise

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I bought a PS4 for no good reason an I've been playing Infamous: First Light which is cool due to being entirely built around the concept of neon lighting but is awful due to being set DURING THE DAY WHAT THE FUCK.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    wait bloodborne and the order 1886 and assassin's creed victory are all this year and probably dishonored 2 or something

probably not dishonored 2, at least not this year. bethesda never waits until the year a game is coming out to announce it: skyrim was announced almost exactly a year before release, and dishonored was announced at E3 the year before it came out

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I bought a PS4 for no good reason an I've been playing Infamous: First Light which is cool due to being entirely built around the concept of neon lighting but is awful due to being set DURING THE DAY WHAT THE FUCK.
    GOTTA BUT THE FULL GAME SUCKER

(Really the neon at night when it is raining is absolutely incredible in that game)

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    GOTTA BUT THE FULL GAME SUCKER

(Really the neon at night when it is raining is absolutely incredible in that game)

Is there a fuller game than the one I have? I'm just sincerely annoyed that any part of it does not take place during rainy nights because NEON.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Infamous: Second Son

First Light is standalone DLC for it that expands on one of the characters

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    look what I'm saying is that this is apparently the year of victorian london

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i have been a ps+ member since before they started doing ps4 games and the idea of having a console full of indie games from the word go is terrifying

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I'm crossing my fingers for getting a new job which I applied for last week with an almost ridiculous pay bump.

even though I probably won't get it

but if I do, I'm SO buying a PS4.

If I don't get it I probably won't be able to get one for at least another year. $450 is a big chunk of change, man.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    So I bought the Silent Hill HD collection for my new PS3!

I have been informed that this was a mistake.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    So I bought the Silent Hill HD collection for my new PS3!

I have been informed that this was a mistake.

I played through it without much grief. Although there was a pretty big patch that downloaded before I started the game.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I saw that PT was for free. Not knowing what it was, I downloaded it. All I can say is
    fuck Silent Hill

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    My gf just bought a ps4 and got a tv after playing dragonage at my place for a week

:3c

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    i got a ps4 for my birthday and not really any games (i traded in a fifa for destiny and played through that). it was a necessary acquisition though in the long run.

what i wasn't expecting was dragon age: inquisition. holy shit. it's an incredible rpg.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I've started playing Wolfenstein, it's pretty good so far. I'm curious how different the game is after that early choice though, is it just the one character that changes or is it whole missions

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    I've started playing Wolfenstein, it's pretty good so far. I'm curious how different the game is after that early choice though, is it just the one character that changes or is it whole missions

One character, a lot of side stuff, and what minigame you have to play for stuff from time to time. Enough to justify a replay, but not that much. Or so I hear.

I'm about the same place as you are. Gotta say, though. I am really liking BJ's attitude vis a vis Nazis. Real go-getter.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    dragon age is really good k bye

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hey my playstation this is like CptMelding, you should add me to the thing, okay bye.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I don't actually own a play station, but I'm borrowing my friend's PS4 so I can finally play Last of Us
    Im in the sewers right now
    I will probably get one of my own though to play Uncharted 4! I want to be Nathan Drake when I grow up.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I got a PS4 at launch. The indie game offerings have been incredible for somebody whose computer is from 2007. Rogue Legacy, The Binding of Isaac and Don't Starve have probably been the most consistently played games on the console, although Unity is getting up there.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Melding wrote: »
    hey my playstation this is like CptMelding, you should add me to the thing, okay bye.

I'll add you, I'm NemoWoodbine

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »

One character, a lot of side stuff, and what minigame you have to play for stuff from time to time. Enough to justify a replay, but not that much. Or so I hear.

I'm about the same place as you are. Gotta say, though. I am really liking BJ's attitude vis a vis Nazis. Real go-getter.

This BJ you speak of, would their name happen to be William Blazkowicz? I have heard many a tale about that man, stories about castles and such...

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Wolfenstein is a goddamn delight. Perfect marriage of old and new FPS sensibilities.

I really wish they'd release a first party media remote for the PS4. Controlling blu ray movies with the controller is a pain and the Sony Remote for the PS3 was amazing.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My Playstation TV should get here today.

I'm RaijinQ on the PSN.

I've got a PS4 and a Vita. I am in the market for a PS2 and I kind of want to get another PS3 as well.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Far cry 4 is so good

So so good

going for 100% but the last signature weapon i have to unlock takes hijacking 2 royal cargo trucks

they only spawn from enemy outposts, though. i took all the outposts forever ago so i guess i'm reseting those before my play through is done

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    What about old playstations

I bought mega man legends on eBay and i am excited to see how poorly it holds up

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Someone just send me an old PS2 they aren't using anymore.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    @SirEtchwarts‌ add me to the list - your FRIENDS list that is!

PSN GrahamCR

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wolfenstein question, late game character spoilers
    So did they really just drop a plot point that Anya went on a years-long Nazi serial killing spree and then forgot it all and chalked it up to a cousin who doesn't exist, and then this is NEVER EXPLORED?

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    My PSN handle is MegoThor, and I've had all the Playstations! I got a PS4 for Christmas, but I've been too busy playing AC Rogue to fire it up.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wolfenstein question, late game character spoilers
    So did they really just drop a plot point that Anya went on a years-long Nazi serial killing spree and then forgot it all and chalked it up to a cousin who doesn't exist, and then this is NEVER EXPLORED?
    I don't think she forgot it all, but she was gradually revealing her story to BJ because it's difficult and shocking, the kind of thing you don't share with anyone but those closest to you. It made sense to me when I was playing it at least.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    look what I'm saying is that this is apparently the year of victorian london

I'm pretty ok with this, time to move on from tropical islands

PSN- AHermano
This discussion has been closed.