As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Dinner 2015 It's On and Poppin' - Ticket Sales Extended until Tuesday @ Noon!

ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
edited March 2015 in PAX East
Welcome to the 2015 Pre-PAX Dinner! This is a really fun dinner held the day before PAX where you can meet and hangout with a whole bunch of other PAXers. If you're planning on attending other pre-PAX events then this is a great place to come meet and eat right before heading out into the night!

Your ticket will give you a variety of meal choices…including delicious burgers, sandwiches, soup, salad…as well as vegetarian and gluten free options….there is something on the menu for everyone. A selection of appetizers including flatbread pizzas and warm house made chips with spicy onion dip will also be served before dinner.

A cash bar will be available for those who wish to enjoy a specialty or alcoholic beverage, soda is included with your ticket i.e. coke, sprite, etc.

This event is open to all ages - all are welcome to attend. We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Date and Time
Thursday, March 5, 2015
5PM - 7PM*

101 South Market Street
South Market Building, Faneuil Hall
Boston, MA 02109
https://www.google.com/maps?q=anthem+boston&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.80642063,d.eXY&biw=1366&bih=673&dpr=1&gs_rn=58&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=13&gs_id=2&xhr=t&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=i4Z-VLbdMY3YggTTzoD4Bw&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Meal Options
  • All American Burger – choice of cheese, onion strings + shaved bacon served with fries
  • Fried Chicken Sandy (sandwich) - pickled serrano peppers, cabbage slaw, ranch served with fries
  • Grilled Cheese + Soup - 3 cheese house blend, torn basil leaves, grilled ciabatta bread + cup of chef's seasonal soup (no fries)
  • Chopped Caesar - smoked bacon, hard cooked egg, fried capers, herb croutons + grated parmesan (available vegetarian or gluten free)
  • Veggie Burger house made - veggie-bean patty + tzatziki sauce served with fries (vegetarian)
  • Bunless All American Burger with House Salad (gluten free and low carb!)
  • Macaroni and Cheese - 4 cheese sauce with herb-crumb topping (vegetarian)
Kids meal options** (ages 3-12)
  • Wicked Mac and Cheese
  • Pasta with Marinara
  • Kids Mini Burger and Fries
  • Grilled Cheese and Fries
  • Chicken Fingers and Fries

Tickets
The ticket price this year is $27.45 + $2.50 Eventbrite fee, kids meal tickets (ages 3-12) are $12.00 + $1.65 Eventbrite fee. I'm going through Eventbrite, this service has been used for other PAX events and seems to work well. Advance purchase required, tickets will not be sold at the door. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2015-pre-pax-dinner-tickets-14494849485

When you arrive, please provide your printed ticket. If for some reason you can't provide the ticket then have the email confirmation, .pdf, photo ID, or something that shows that you are who you say you are so we can get everyone quickly checked in.

What to wear…what to wear?

Anything that you want…it’s a casual event so have fun with it!

Final Note
I will not make a profit on this event and if at any time there is any doubt about this I will be more than willing to post all expenditures. If there is extra money at the conclusion of the event these remaining proceeds will be donated to Child's Play.

Thank you all and see you in March!

*Appetizers from 5-5:30pm, meal service will start immediately after.
**Kids meal section can be made that night, no need to select now. However, if you wish to make a selection from the main menu please purchase a full price ticket.

ClannMorgan on

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Oh no I can't decide what to eat! So many of these sound so good!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    Just got my ticket! I organized the dinners back in 2012 and 2013, so if you need help with things, let me know!

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Options
    acumen101 wrote: »
    Just got my ticket! I organized the dinners back in 2012 and 2013, so if you need help with things, let me know!

Thanks, I think we are all set for now. I'm really looking forward to the dinner...I hope everyone likes the place and of course the food!

• Options
    VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    Is there a limit on how many tickets available

Wishes he could change his username
  • Options
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    Is there a limit on how many tickets available

Yes. Based on last years attendance and the reserved space there are 80 tickets. However, as the dinner gets closer if we need to reserve more space to accommodate more PAXers we can.

• Options
    acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    ...I hope everyone likes the place and of course the food!

I've eaten at the place a few times before, but could never get them to do the dinner the second time I organized things. I'm glad you could!

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    Tickets purchased! Looking forward to it! I've eaten at this place a bunch of times and I LOVE it.

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    The new place looks good, I've been to the last 4 dinners and have always enjoyed them. I was hesitant this year only because I had to leave early last year for an enforcer meeting, but it's a tradition I wouldn't want to miss. I'm especially a fan of the cash bars. Thanks for all the hard work @ClannMorgan !

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Sausage wrote: »
    The new place looks good, I've been to the last 4 dinners and have always enjoyed them. I was hesitant this year only because I had to leave early last year for an enforcer meeting, but it's a tradition I wouldn't want to miss. I'm especially a fan of the cash bars. Thanks for all the hard work @ClannMorgan !

We will be in the main 2nd floor room with the large bar, this area is accessible by stairs and elevator. I can say that having been in a few times the food looked and smelled amazing, it looks like it will be a great fit for us. I hope you make it and can stay for the entire dinner this year - it should be a great time!
    sq77rcazui02.jpg
    hxmmocwrrp3i.jpg

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    Finally got some time to work on an icebreaker...don't worry I won't make people touch each other as it's awkward and potentially unhygienic, BUT I can't promise that farm animal noises won't be involved! Okay, okay...no farm animal noises. And of course participation is optional.

However, I can guarantee that you'll meet more people at the party...it's fun and easy and maybe you'll win a prize.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm looking to get a head count for the venues lead time... right now we're are at 23, they are holding the larger room for us, I need to be able to tell them if we really need it or not. If you're going to get tickets or know some one who is on the fence tell them to jump on it - tickets will only be up for another week or so.

Got questions...I got answers.

oh, PAX is just around the corner...can you feel it?!?

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    we might come

I need to ask my parents, plus I don't know when we are getting to Boston so..

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Question: I will be returning as an enforcer this year, and would like to attend the dinner. The trick is that I usually wind up with meetings and such Thursday evening and I don't what my schedule will look like until very shortly (like a few days) before hand. I'm not terribly concerned about losing my ticket price, but if I buy in and then it turns out I can't make it, is it going to cause a headache for you?

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    @Malgaras not a problem, just keep me posted if your plans change. I hope you're able to attend. And thanks for being an enforcer...you all really make PAX possible!

• Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm definitely in. Just trying to find out if I will have someone with me, will know and have signed up by the end of the day. Also, I have our BYOC group registered!

hobbseltoff on
    row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    PugglesPuggles Registered User regular
    I wish I could make it! I won't be getting into Boston until 7 or 8 on Thursday. Boo work!

• Options
    @hobbseltoff thanks for setting that up - it's our first year BYOC, super excited about it.

@Puggles damn work always getting in the way of a good time!

• Options
    bmoney218bmoney218 Registered User new member
    Hey guys. This will be my first time at PAX, and I will be, not only coming from Michigan, but will also be solo. My only question is what would the best mode of transportation be for arriving at the restaurant? My hotel is right near the airport. This is all new to me!!! LOL!!!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    bmoney218 wrote: »
    Hey guys. This will be my first time at PAX, and I will be, not only coming from Michigan, but will also be solo. My only question is what would the best mode of transportation be for arriving at the restaurant? My hotel is right near the airport. This is all new to me!!! LOL!!!

Welcome! Your best bet is to take the MBTA, locally known as the "T". Hotels by the airport are on the Blue Line...hop on an inbound train and get off at State Street, its only a two minute walk from State Street to the restaurant. The train ride over is like 15 minutes.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    bmoney218bmoney218 Registered User new member
    edited February 2015
    Awesome!!! That helps a lot. Thanks!!! Just bought a ticket. I'm really looking forward to all this!

bmoney218 on
  • Options
    ElzemereElzemere BostonRegistered User regular
    Wife and I bought tix today. See you guys there.

• Options
    For everyone who has already bought a ticket I sent out an email yesterday asking for your meal selection...just to give a heads up to Anthem. I've already heard back from a bunch of you =)

For anyone who buys a ticket from today forward please shoot me a PM with your meal selection. Thanks!

• Options
    petrieslastwordpetrieslastword Syracuse, NYRegistered User regular
    Highly recommend people skip this. Last year they continued to sell tickets at the door even though they said they would not, and then by the time we got there (30 minutes into the event) literally all the food was gone. We paid a large price for a couple diet sodas and a couple sliders with almost no meat that they ordered because of the massive complaints from people. Just a horribly run event, one which they refused to refund me on despite the ripoff it was.

I'll be making sure to post this warning everywhere I can.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    @petrieslastword I've volunteered to take over the planning of the Pre-PAX dinner for this year. I too attended last year, and yes while there were issues I do not feel that people should be warned to stay away. This is a community event that will be a great time. I have selected another venue, made changes to the how the meals will be done so that everyone is guaranteed to get a full meal. Tickets will not be sold at the door.

I have worked really hard over the past several months putting this together. If you feel that it is not worth attending, don't attend. If you have questions, please ask. If you have suggestions, please comment. But I would appreciate you not slamming this event.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    Highly recommend people skip this. Last year they continued to sell tickets at the door even though they said they would not, and then by the time we got there (30 minutes into the event) literally all the food was gone. We paid a large price for a couple diet sodas and a couple sliders with almost no meat that they ordered because of the massive complaints from people. Just a horribly run event, one which they refused to refund me on despite the ripoff it was.

this event is being run by different people in a different place and is basically nothing at all like last year. clannmorgan has done an amazing job putting together what is looking like a super fun and well-planned event, so please pay a little more attention before "warning" people about an event you know nothing about.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    petrieslastwordpetrieslastword Syracuse, NYRegistered User regular
    @petrieslastword I've volunteered to take over the planning of the Pre-PAX dinner for this year. I too attended last year, and yes while there were issues I do not feel that people should be warned to stay away. This is a community event that will be a great time. I have selected another venue, made changes to the how the meals will be done so that everyone is guaranteed to get a full meal. Tickets will not be sold at the door.

I have worked really hard over the past several months putting this together. If you feel that it is not worth attending, don't attend. If you have questions, please ask. If you have suggestions, please comment. But I would appreciate you not slamming this event.
    tvethiopia wrote: »

this event is being run by different people in a different place and is basically nothing at all like last year. clannmorgan has done an amazing job putting together what is looking like a super fun and well-planned event, so please pay a little more attention before "warning" people about an event you know nothing about.

Then you should distance yourself from the past event. Because what I see is an extension of an event that occurred last year.

• Options
    marmaduketwistmarmaduketwist London, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    It's a different person organizing the event in a completely different location. That's about as much distance from last years event as you can get.

marmaduketwist on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2015
    @petrieslastword the pre pax forum dinner has been going on for years, across prime and east, and has had many different organizers. One bad year hardly makes for a reason to slam the years and years of a solid community event. You're certainly free to your opinion about last year's event and its organizers, but given that it's a totally different crew doing it, it's probably worth giving them the opportunity at a fair shake. "Distancing" from the previous event would basically be doing an event that isn't on these forums, since the pre pax dinner on these forums will probably continue to be called the Pre PAX Forumers Dinner.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    DeathNTaxesDeathNTaxes Registered User regular

Did you bother to check to see who is running it this year or read any of her posts about the changes she has made? It doesn't seem like it, because you want to lump this all in with your bad experience last year. It is being run by someone else entirely who has nothing to do with the previous dinner. She has volunteered her time and she has put a great deal of effort and thought into correcting the mistakes of last year. A lot of hard work has gone into this.

I'm sorry you felt it was a rip off, I was there last year and felt so too. But you are way off base with your post. ClannMorgan like a lot of people did not get a refund last year either. But unlike you she is not making it her life's mission to bad mouth this event regardless of what changes. Instead, she is trying to make it better for everyone. Maybe you should move on from your bitterness.

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Yeh, alot of times this event is run by different people. I was bummed that i didn't attend last year, but sounds like i dodge a bullet on that one. However, it's a whole new year, new organizer, new location, new attitude. You can't base this year on what last year was like. Personally, i can't wait for this!!!! I hope I get to meet again the people that I talked to during 2013 and 2012. Food is part of it, but the conversations I had definitely made it worth it.

• Options
    How much longer for tickets since we might decide if we are going tommorow

• Options
    ElzemereElzemere BostonRegistered User regular
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    How much longer for tickets since we might decide if we are going tommorow
    I believe ClannMorgan has said tix will go offline early next week.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Ticket sales are set to end on
    Sunday, March 1st at 11:59pm. So there is still over a week left.

Just remember to send me your meal selection after you get your tickets.

See you all there 8-)

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    Hey Everyone! Currently we are sitting a little low on attendees, less than half of last year. If you are thinking of getting a ticket or know someone who is interested please ask them to purchase a ticket sooner than later. We need a more solid head count for the restaurant and set up. Thx.

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    arrrrrg i super want to go but i really can't commit until a few more details shake out. sorry for being completely unhelpful!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    arrrrrg i super want to go but i really can't commit until a few more details shake out. sorry for being completely unhelpful!

Its still early...hopefully things work out and we'll see you there!

• Options
    Turns out we are going to be flying to Boston, and the flight is leaving at 5:30 PM so I won't be able to go....

• Options
    DoctehDocteh Registered User regular
    Just remember to send me your meal selection after you get your tickets.

I guess I'd better get on that. <insert guilty emoticon here>. Is that an email thing or a PM on forums thing?

• Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I'm a light eater, can I order from the kids menu or do I still need an adult ticket?

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    It just hit me that next week at this time this is going down! /excited