As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The SE++ 2015 Oscar Pool (and general Movie Thread): Bogey wins. Again.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Mr. G wrote: »

Let's all take this too far and assume these are the new Ghostbusters

I thought that was Jennifer Aniston in the upper left for a solid minute until I read the article.

Maximum on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm going Wiig as the Spengler-alike. Can't say who anyone else would be.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Well, Wiig and McCarthy. Yeah I think I'm out.

Like the other two tho.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I'm going Wiig as the Spengler-alike. Can't say who anyone else would be.

If they go as far as mapping them 1 to 1 then Wiig is going to be Venkman, she's the star.

But personally I am hoping they don't do that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Kristen Wiig is absolutely wonderful

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I don't mind Kristen Wiig. Melissa McCarthy though? I am so bored of her being in the same roles playing the same characters. I hope they do something different with her for once otherwise my interest will wane for sure.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    While I think there are plenty of capable actresses out there who I equally would have liked to see, or even preferred, I'm also glad to see what should be a broad-appeal mainstream film whose biggest names are women over 40.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Kate McKinnon is my favorite cast member on SNL right now.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Kristen Wiig is very "eh" to me, I flat out dislike McCarthy, and I don't know who the other two are

Still

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't like wiig or McCarthy

I'm still glad this is happening but

Bleh

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Kate McKinnon is my favorite cast member on SNL right now.

they've got some great people on right now with her and Cecily Strong and Aidy Bryant and Taran Killam

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It's a really anticlimactic reveal, mostly because it's two women everyone just assumed he was going to cast and a couple SNL people

but

Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy have both been pretty great in the past, and Kate McKinnon has been an all star on SNL lately, and Leslie Jones is not someone you'd typically see in a big franchise like this (I haven't seen enough of her work to say much more than that tbh) so

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    All you chucklefucks that don't like Wiig are dead to me

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I like Wiig and am meh about Goonies

I like McKinnon the best though

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kristen Wiig is fantastic.

Melissa McCarthy can be fantastic.

She was SOOKIE in Gilmore Girls! Show some respect!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Sookie is a True Blood character, you can't trick me!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    In all honesty, I'm not sure I've actually watched anything Melissa McCarthy has been in other than Gilmour Girls.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I don't mind Kristen Wiig. Melissa McCarthy though? I am so bored of her being in the same roles playing the same characters. I hope they do something different with her for once otherwise my interest will wane for sure.

St Vincent

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    honestly, from what I've seen of Leslie Jones on SNL, I am not a fan

she might be better in a film, but she is pretty terrible at sketch comedy

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Hi everyone I just this very second realized that four brothers is a remake of the sons of Katie elder ok bye

Langly on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It's a really anticlimactic reveal, mostly because it's two women everyone just assumed he was going to cast and a couple SNL people

Well yeah. Murray and Aykroyd were SNL people and Ramis was offered a job but chose to stay with SCTV.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I don't see Jessica Williams or Aisha Tyler in that cast list. This makes me unhappy.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I'm excited about that cast. I love Wiig, McKinnon, and I don't know much about Jones but I like what I've seen of her so far. McCarthy can be great, I thought she was really great in Bridesmaids, but every movie I've seen her in after that has been terrible. Not sure if it's the movies and she just needs a better agent, or if it's her. I'm hoping it's the movies, cause I loved her in Bridesmaids and since this is being done by the same people...

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I did not like bridesmaids at all. I like kristin wiig in spite of that movie, she's been really good in other stuff but i hated all the characters in bridesmaids.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    I did not like bridesmaids at all. I like kristin wiig in spite of that movie, she's been really good in other stuff but i hated all the characters in bridesmaids.

my spirit brother

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    my wife and i were like halfway through the movie and she was like, why are they doing this, these are awful people, this isn't very funny

• Options
    Every person in bridesmaids sucks

• Options
    yeah i actively wanted the main character to lose and not get anything she wanted. she was terrible.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Everyone knows the best thing Kristen Wiig has done is the Joe Schmo Show

• Options
    The only thing I have liked Wiig in was the Looney Toons show, where she was great

• Options
    fuuuuck why did they cancel that show

• Options
    she is good in how to train your dragon and despicable me 1 and 2 and Her and also the bit parts she's played in other comedies.

• Options
    she's actually a really great voice actress. She plays two different characters in the despicable me movies and you would never know it.

• Options
    She was fantastic as Lola

• Options
    Have you ever seen the Joe Schmo Show?

• Options
    Well, season 1 of the Joe Schmo Show. I never watched any of the others.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I've never even heard of it

• Options
    It was a fake reality show where they took a guy and let him believe he was on a real reality show. So it's a bunch of actors and one real guy.

It's pretty damn funny.

Again, season one only. I can't speak to the others.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    honestly, from what I've seen of Leslie Jones on SNL, I am not a fan

she might be better in a film, but she is pretty terrible at sketch comedy

She's still finding her feet in the sketches, that is true. I think she's great in her Update pieces though.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I don't see Jessica Williams or Aisha Tyler in that cast list. This makes me unhappy.

Jessica Williams needs to be in everything.

She's amazing, and probably my favourite person on t.v.

This discussion has been closed.