As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Boardgame Night: Westin Helper Needed Thread

LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in PAX East
Hey All -

It looks like I'm not going to be attending PAX East. Ergo: someone is needed to coordinate the big, massive game night at the Westin. I'll be available remotely, but just can't physically be there.

Any takers?

Note: there's a small chance I'll make it out on a business trip that just *happens* to coincide with game night, but chances are slim so we'll need a coordinator regardless.

WHAT IT ENTAILS
check out last year's thread for Prime, here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/191128/paxtastic-voyage-pre-pax-boardgame-night-sheraton-edition/p1 and be sure to pay special attention to the spoiler in the OP.

It's basically 1/2 event-planning and 1/2 hotel-relationship-management. Having a realistic understanding of how businesses work is a strong quality to have. You'd be organizing ahead of time (though I could help with that remotely if needed), and then working the event itself for most of the day on Thursday. You'd also need to coordinate with anyone in Boston who has materials like the poster signage, and would need to provide a few basics like flyers, paper, and pencils. The best part is hanging out and "working" while you're playing a game. The worst part is having to step in to mediate douchebag behavior that could happen.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
LexiconGrrl on

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    I'm staying at the Westin and I love board games, but I am super hesitant to take it on as my organizational brainspace will be very limited (among other things, I'm doing a panel this year!). So... what does coordinating this entail, exactly?

• Options
    rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    I can help, but have the same question as above. What does this entail?

SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    @ilta - this is a pretty intensive event to coordinate. If you're questioning your availability, it's probably not a great fit.

For anyone who's curious about what this entails, check out last year's thread for Prime, here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/191128/paxtastic-voyage-pre-pax-boardgame-night-sheraton-edition/p1

and be sure to pay special attention to the spoiler in the OP.

• Options
    Many thanks to @rtm416, who stepped up and will be coordinating the Westin boardgame night this year!!

@Zerzhul, the new thread is up, please lock up this thread to avoid confusion. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.