As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

High [Chat]

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I think what you can say about Dragonfall's combat as a pretty big plus is that it never really gets in the way of the game.

The combat might be uninspired, but it works. It functions. You never get into an encounter where "haha sorry Mind Flayers everyone dies on the first round of combat" or "spend 10 minutes casting thirty buff spells on yourself before you open this door so become an invincible juggernaut and kill everyone."

So in a sense, it does exactly what it needs to. It provides some gameplay and some filler for a good story and good characters and it stays the fuck out of the way.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    ALSO I should Kickstart the Hong Kong expansion because those devs deserve my money. Even if its just more Dragonfall-level game, I'm 100% on board with that. If they manage to finally make the combat more interesting, hooray.

ALSO FYI Shadowrun tabletop combat was super stupid 100% of the time

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    what is that pizza dog comic

someone @ me, i'm goin' to bed

@OnTheLastCastle‌

It's Faction's run on Hawkeye. Also referred to as Hawkguy.

• Options
    I hate waiting on job offers.

I hate waiting.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Everyone should watch High Noon, btw

Correct.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    The exhaust hood overheated and shut down midway through our post-bar rush

That was an experience

• Options
    cG1wGS7.png

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2015
    @PotatoNinja‌ they have already funded the levels to improve the user interface, the cyberware, and the magic. Next up is the funding level to improve the matrix. Fingers crossed!

also it's going to be PC exclusive this time, no tablet versions, which they've said they will take advantage of to add more enemies, bigger environments, and some sharper graphical effects. I'm definitely curious to see the degree to which mobile was holding the game back.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Like so when playing dragon fall, other people weren't buffing the hell out of a street samuri, so she could run around knocking people out of cover(and destroying huge amounts of AP), and then flanking the shit out of them?

Like it worked silly well for me. Just wish there were more stuff available, so they could have made the combat more interesting. And that riggering wasn't so unsatisfying. And that physical adept was better.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    redx wrote: »
    Like so when playing dragon fall, other people weren't buffing the hell out of a street samuri, so she could run around knocking people out of cover(and destroying huge amounts of AP), and then flanking the shit out of them?

Like it worked silly well for me. Just wish there were more stuff available, so they could have made the combat more interesting. And that riggering wasn't so unsatisfying. And that physical adept was better.

Charismatic human pistoldecker 4 lyfe.

Adepts are getting some love in the magic revamp although who knows how extensive that will be. It seems like a class whose fundamental structure could stand to be rethought.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    @PotatoNinja‌ they have already funded the levels to improve the user interface, the cyberware, and the magic. Next up is the funding level to improve the matrix. Fingers crossed!

also it's going to be PC exclusive this time, no tablet versions, which they've said they will take advantage of to add more enemies, bigger environments, and some sharper graphical effects. I'm definitely curious to see the degree to which mobile was holding the game back.

Stupid mobile holds everything back.
    /shakes old man fist

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

I mean, if you consider that living...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I need to read these Hawkeye comics.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Because they kind of look amazeballs

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015

Yeah, but switching between assault rifles is a free action.

And elfs get a dex bonus.

And shooting and dodging are both Dex based.

And you can shoot people really good.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Because they kind of look amazeballs

There is an entire issue from Pizza Dog's perspective and it's fantastic.

FjWLT7D.png

Not from that issue but great.

S6hyNEo.png

From that issue and also pretty great.

• Options
    Jeremy Renner's from my hometown

• Options
    I took tennis lessons and went to debate tournaments at his high school

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    idk why but i got doomsday preppers on the tv and these people are so fucking dumb

"I'm just going to defend my homestead after the smallpox outbreak and live with my 5 years of food"

because the military isn't just going to pop by and add your stores to the regions rations and shoot you if you resist in the event of a catastrophe

I think all of these people have it in their head that the military is going to cease to exist in the event of an emergency and not impose martial law

override367 on
  • Options
    idk why but i got doomsday preppers on the tv and these people are so fucking dumb

"I'm just going to defend my homestead after the smallpox outbreak and live with my 5 years of food"

because the military isn't just going to pop by and add your stores to the regions rations and shoot you if you resist in the event of a catastrophe

I think all of these people have it in their head that the military is going to cease to exist in the event of an emergency and not impose martial law

this was my dad

• Options
    i wonder if i take you home
    will you still be in lesbians
    because i need you tonight

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    danny devito is fucking tiny

like he's a discoloured smurf

• Options

I highly recommend buying and reading everything by matt fraction or kelly sue deconnick as a general rule

• Options

I highly recommend buying and reading everything by matt fraction or kelly sue deconnick as a general rule

This is a good recommendation.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Who wants to be drunk friends? Skype me yo

• Options
    So I'm trying to finish up Hiroshima Nagasaki, as I finally hit the actual dropping of the bombs. So today I spent 6 hours alternately helping little kids do activities at the museum, and then basically reading 100 straight pages of passages like this:
    The heatwave instantly dehydrated those exposed to it, and extreme thirst overrode the pain of their wounds: 'Mizu! Mizu! they cried. The very source of life seemed to have become a form of poison. "You'll die if you drink water," someone warned the crowd at Hijiyama Bridge. They drank; they died. But water was not the cause, it was simply inadequate. The victims needed a comprehensive rehydration that would replace the electrolytes and proteins lost [from the heat flash from the atomic explosion]. None was available and the people thought water was killing them. A girl screamed, "The faster I die the better," and jumped into the river. The rivers, the ponds, the tanks seemed deadly oases. "Wherever a puddle of water had collected from burst water pipes, people gathered like ants around a honey pot." They slaked their thirst at the rock pools of Asano Park and died amid the gardens, bamboo groves and maple trees. Hundreds perished in the swimming pool of the First Prefectural Middle School.
    One youngster left his parents' side to join other children in shredded school uniforms leaning over a tank. He ran away in tears: they were corpses, draped over the rim like harlequins, their lifeless faces reflected in the putrid liquid below. The people sought water to escape the heat, another lethal delusion. "I saw fire reservoirs filled to the brim with dead people who looked as though they had been boiled alive," said Dr Michihiko Hachiya, who suffered severe burns on his way to work at Hiroshima Communications Hospital.

Seriously NSFW or lunch...
    eT3pk.jpg

So basically it was an emotionally complex day!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The China was bearable today. Mostly I sat in the hotel and ignored increasingly urgent work emails. My one day off, fuckers.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kana I suggest you make that image a link. It still loads regardless of spoilerdom.

That said, it's a potent scene.

• Options
    Kana I suggest you make that image a link. It still loads regardless of spoilerdom.

That said, it's a potent scene.

I mean, it's not boobies or something that would like get you in trouble with your boss or your firewall, so I didn't link it. In that sense it's not nsfw.

But your random coworkers probably won't want to see it

• Options

Well, Dead Man's Switch ran like shit on both my iPad Mini and my Nexus 7, so that's probably a good decision.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    this doomsday prepper gun nut accidentally blew his own thumb off on the gun range and had his friend drive him to the ER

I'm dying

• Options
    Luckily my next book on my reading list is Privilege, which is mostly about rich people being annoying instead of cities getting destroyed.

• Options
    One of my guilty pleasures is watching Shark Tank and I have it on in the background at the moment. Dude comes out hawking his suit company and holy shit that suit does not look like it fits at all. Also it's an ugly as shit shade of green but really, I can't take a dude hawking suits seriously if his looks two sizes too tight.

• Options
    And apparently Dean Cain's new gig is modeling suits on TV shows. Not acting, just modeling suits.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Basically Shadow of Mordor allows you to wage war against an entire army of 17 year old boys.

I have been waiting for online gaming to present me with this opportunity.

• Options
    This guy. This guy. So much meth.

• Options
    And a bow tie. Seriously. I just can't a guy in a bow tie seriously unless they are over 50.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I don't get the hubris and narcissism that goes into the survivalist mindset.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Everyone should watch High Noon, btw

quick who's older me or Jacobkosh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsQBJOgwMXY

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @syndalis‌

finally upgraded to yosemite

looks slick

and safari is fkn fast

This discussion has been closed.