As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've been having good luck with Loyan's Shaman on the ladder so far this season.

Since I don't have Neptulon, I put in Rag instead, but this deck has been doing so well I may end up crafting him.

I also subbed a Kezan Mystic in for the Harvest Golem to improve the match-up with Hunter/Mech Mage. It is so powerful against those classes, as it's basically a 4/6 mana + 2 card swing.

This deck also benefits from there being so many Shaman variants out there. Opponents mulligan for Aggro Shaman and then end up holding on Harrison Jones waiting on a Doomhammer turn that never comes.

yeah it looks good, it's pretty close to waht I've been playing but with a few changes. glad it's working for you! shaman is super fun.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    Snow Chugger needs to be either 3 mana or a 2/2. Honestly, I want to get my hands on whatever HS Devs were smoking when they came up with this little gem.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    as someone who has beaten kibler at magic, here's my advice
    be lucky as hell

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Snow Chugger needs to be either 3 mana or a 2/2. Honestly, I want to get my hands on whatever HS Devs were smoking when they came up with this little gem.

So apparently 50% of the mage cards added in GvG are broken. Has anyone complained about Flamecannon yet? That would push us over the hump.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Basically.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Been playing Nevillz mage deck:
    eigwa8g4ahm9.jpg

I like the deck. It's fun as it's not a Mech Mage deck but has some aggro to it. Also people are expecting the Mirror Entity at times and getting the Counterspell instead. Poor Paladin did that once.

The most fun was getting Nozdormu through Unstable and dropping it on turn 6. I thought the Priest would Death it right away but it lived for several turns. Fun and stressful having the 15 second timer going all the time.

Thankyou for this, I'm having fun on the ladder again, around rank 11/12. Lots of folks don't seem to know what to make of this.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I won't find shaman fun until totemic might is a viable card

that or elemental tribal

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »

So apparently 50% of the mage cards added in GvG are broken. Has anyone complained about Flamecannon yet? That would push us over the hump.

Flamecannon totally hoses my Millhouse priest rush deck

sig.gif
  • Options
    SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    My priest deck is waaaay stronger than my other decks. I get dailies and it takes me a long time to pull them off, on the other hand, If I can do it with the priest, it's a cakewalk. Tis a blessing and a curse. I'm sensing a running theme.

League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Pulled off the prophesied Auchenai Double Chow Baron Circle in ranked today, against a Fatigue Mage. Silly Mage, the 15-power Light Warden was a decoy! I was just drawing my deck!

Will post a decklist later. It uses Mad Bombers. It is probably terrible.

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I dunno, I only think a deck is truly terrible when it's not fun.

I guess that's entirely subjective, but I don't really care.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

that or elemental tribal

I was thinking about how to make Totemic Might better and thought of this minion:

eszk0zn9skp5.png

As a 5 mana minion, you'd need to get at least 3 extra Health to break even on the value scale. This means at least two totems, which on average will give you 4 Health. Of course, it's doubtful you'll get full value on curve, so this is more of a combo card.

Totemic Might doubles the Health of all totems for 0 cost. Having two totems on the board combo'd with Totemic might means an extra 6-8 Health for the Farseer. It might be too many cards for a beefy minion.

My other thought was that the Battlecry doesn't destroy the totems in play. Might be OP or too Warlocky in feel.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    damn it brian kibler is gonna be at pax east

I mean, awesome for him and whoever is going

but booooooooooo for me

The real question is where Lady Kibler will be.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

that or elemental tribal

I was thinking about how to make Totemic Might better and thought of this minion:

eszk0zn9skp5.png

As a 5 mana minion, you'd need to get at least 3 extra Health to break even on the value scale. This means at least two totems, which on average will give you 4 Health. Of course, it's doubtful you'll get full value on curve, so this is more of a combo card.

Totemic Might doubles the Health of all totems for 0 cost. Having two totems on the board combo'd with Totemic might means an extra 6-8 Health for the Farseer. It might be too many cards for a beefy minion.

My other thought was that the Battlecry doesn't destroy the totems in play. Might be OP or too Warlocky in feel.

I'm not sure I would want to destroy my pile of totems. Trading them into big things with a flame tongue is how you win games. Anything less than a 5/8 just dies to most big stuff, so you need to destroy 3 or 4 totems to get the same value, and then probably need to spend another card to finish it off. Plus totemic might would be a dead card until you drew this. If you consider that Voljin is basically the same, except it does it from an enemy minion. So I don't think it should destroy totems. I'd also make it 4 with 1 overload.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Totemic Might should be +2 attack. Card solved.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Totemic Might should be +2 attack. Card solved.

I think it would be ridic at +2 attack and 0 mana, but I would definitely try out a spell that did that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    You could also change the card as follows, too:

Battlecry: Destroy all friendly totems. Gain the combined attack and health of all totems destroyed this way, as well as all ongoing abilities

Make it a 2/2 for 5 or something... So if you have a healing totem, an air totem and a mana tide totem out, it becomes a 2/9 with spellpower, healing and +1 card per turn on its own.

Or if you have a stoneclaw and a flametongue out, it becomes a 5/7 taunt that gives adjacent minions +3 attack.

It would be interesting, at least!

El Skid on
  • Options
    What if you just silenced the totems? Arguably, it's a worse effect, but then it's still open to Bloodlust shenanigans.

sig.gif
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I'd say that's a much better effect. If the creature can gain flametongue, you get to keep (if you arrange it properly) 2 3 power minions when it's done. And bodies for bloodlust as well, obviously.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Jurg wrote: »
    What if you just silenced the totems? Arguably, it's a worse effect, but then it's still open to Bloodlust shenanigans.

I don't think that's worse. You move the flametongue effect onto the dude next to him and then you immediately also have a 2/3 (since the flametongue would now benefit from the ability on the dude). That's pretty strong I think.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Yea, but silencing the totems means you can't summon any more. Also, flametongue is +2, so a 2/3.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Yea, but silencing the totems means you can't summon any more. Also, flametongue is +2, so a 2/3.

Yeah I caught the typo. I don't think not being able to summon more would be a huge drawback, especially since now you have a massive hard to kill flametongue totem.

I think a huge quality of life upgrade for shaman would just being able to see what your next totem is, maybe on mouseover or the hero icon could change. You could hide it from the opponent still. I just think it's weird for something so swingy to also be random and your hero power.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    What about a minion with the effect "While in play, you choose your hero power totem"? Or just get to see what the next one is like ChaosHat mentioned.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Totem builder: 6 mana 4/6

Battlecry: Create a X/X totem. X is the number of totems in play. The totems in play are destroyed. The new totem doubles the effect of destroyed totems.

My take on a new card.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    webber wrote: »

Battlecry: Create a X/X totem. X is the number of totems in play. The totems in play are destroyed. The new totem doubles the effect of destroyed totems.

My take on a new card.

Is double taunt like spell taunt? All spells and attacks must be targeted at this minion!

In seriousness, I wonder how good this would be. Draw two cards +4/+0, +2 spellpower would be good, but it does cost 6 mana for a weak body.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    (4) 4/3 Battlecry: Destroy a random friendly totem. A friendly minion gets +3 attack.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Been playing a very, very aggressive zoo lock deck lately. I'm rank 20-19 (ish) and consistently ending games by turn 6. Roughly 1 in 3 games, my opponent will friend me and ask about the deck or trash talk me. I'm making waves for sure!

I'd love to add some of the golems to the deck, but I just don't have them.

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    webber wrote: »

My take on a new card.

Is double taunt like spell taunt? All spells and attacks must be targeted at this minion!

In seriousness, I wonder how good this would be. Draw two cards +4/+0, +2 spellpower would be good, but it does cost 6 mana for a weak body.

Well you would have a 4/6 and a X/X on the board. Double taunt would just be taunt.

Yeah, I don't know how great it would be. But at least you get some totem value.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    You know, I get why Blizzard didn't include Death Knights as a class because it's like a hero class and that's special or whatever. But Monks are regular classes right? I didn't play MoP but I don't think they're hero classes. Way to make monks feel like second class citizens.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    How about this:

Mana Channeler
    4 mana 3/6
    For every friendly Totem in play, reduce Overload costs by (1).

A Shaman version of the Water Elemental. Great stats on its own and works great with Overload cards. Could bring Unbound Elemental back into the picture. Dangerous enough that your opponent can't ignore it so it's almost like having Taunt too.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    You know, I get why Blizzard didn't include Death Knights as a class because it's like a hero class and that's special or whatever. But Monks are regular classes right? I didn't play MoP but I don't think they're hero classes. Way to make monks feel like second class citizens.

I wonder what the Monk hero power would be. Also what the DK one would be.

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Here's how you fix totems. I got this:

Totem Juggler
    3 mana 2/4 (SO YOU CAN CURVE INTO IT'S AWESOME POWER).
    You may use your hero power twice per turn.
    Whenever you summon a totem, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.

You know what, I kind of want to make this 2 cost so you can piloted shredder it and then other classes can have fun too.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited March 2015

DK should obviously be DEATH COIL. Deal 1 damage to a minion or heal yourself or an undead minion for 2.

Oh and the DK class legendary? Sindragosa. 9 mana 8/8 Battlecry: Freeze all enemies. Class legendary 2: Frostmourne. 5 mana 4/1 weapon. Whenever you kill a minion with Frostmourne, it loses no durability.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Totem Guide
    (1) 1/3 Has +1 health for each totem in play.

Edit, acually I like the idea from above about knowing your next totem:
    1/3 Battlecry reveal your next totem.

Elbasunu on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I wonder how the mage guy I just murderized with my Shammy deck feels right now.
    He dropped Ysera. He dropped Dr.Boom. He dropped more epics than I own.
    I still won with a deck that had mostly commons and only a few rares.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Totem Guide

You can't beat Totem Juggler, Elbasunu. Just think of the art. Just think of the ANIMATION. This wooden log nailing some minion in the face and ricocheting to your side of the board.

• Options

Check out Amaz's takes on the classes. Apparently blizzard has looked at them with keen interest.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/463593-amazs-death-knight-class-concept
    http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/467568-amazs-monk-class-concept

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Check out Amaz's takes on the classes. Apparently blizzard has looked at them with keen interest.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/463593-amazs-death-knight-class-concept
    http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/467568-amazs-monk-class-concept

Interesting, but I don't see a Flying Serpent Kick card, which is a massive oversight as Flying Serpent Kick is not just the greatest monk ability, but also the greatest ability or, indeed, concept in all of World of Warcraft.

Don't ask me what a Flying Serpent Kick card would do. But I demand one!

• Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Totem Guide

You can't beat Totem Juggler, Elbasunu. Just think of the art. Just think of the ANIMATION. This wooden log nailing some minion in the face and ricocheting to your side of the board.

He has cool nailed down, but I like to make my fake cards as realistic as possible!

Maybe:
    Totem Juggler
    (4) 4/3 Battlecry: Destroy all totems. For each totem, deal 1 random damage to the enemy.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Poor Shaman. On Turn 9, with KT and another random minion on the board, he summons Feugen, Reincarnates, summons Thaddius, kills off my Ancient of Lore, ends his turn and summons another Feugen. It's a super fun wombo combo, I can tell he's proud. I have 3 random 1/1s left on the board.

On my turn, I Force/Roar him for exact lethal.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
This discussion has been closed.