As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] 22 Sep - SOMA | Afro Samurai 2 | FIFA

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I think he meant he's never heard of all of them except for Dishonored and Killzone:Mercenaries, since they're all pretty obscure except for those two.

Tower of Guns - A procedurally-generated FPS. Ascend a tower with a bunch of cannons and robots hell-bent on killing you. The bosses are basically porcupines with guns instead of spikes. Made in Unreal Engine.
    Never Alone - Puzzle platformer that explores Inuit mythology. The cultural asides are actually fairly interesting, in a National Geographic sort of way.
    Aaru's Awakening - Balls-difficult (on the level of Super Meat Boy) platformer with the main gimmick of having a teleport ball (throw a ball, teleport to that location with another button). Has a hand-drawn aesthetic.
    Monsterbag - An extremely bizarre puzzle platformer stealth game. It shares a weird artstyle with Hohokum.

Sweet!

Went from mild disinterest in April's freebies to excitement! Tower of Guns and Aaru sound like my jams. I also almost bought Never Alone a few times, but now I can just download it.

Also, for you Vita folk who get to play Killzone for the first time. It's fantastic! Best FPS on Vita, and also the best Killzone game. You'll find yourself hoping that the next main KZ game apes the playstyle of Mercenary.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    But they're fun

And they waste no time doing so

I mean if you don't think they're fun that's one thing

But if I have to "get to the good part" of anything, be it movie, game or show, it can fuck right off

Again, not saying my way's better, or your way

But a lot of gamers today (myself included) are very focused on instant gratification, which is something that the Souls games do not provide in any way

The problem to me is that they all have such little depth that after 30 minutes, you've basically played the entire game (unless it's like AC3 and takes several hours to slowly explain the simple mechanics to you). And from there, unless the game is really well designed, they slowly turn into grinds. As you say, they're focused on instant gratification, designed for the lowest common denominator. Not to say I don't play them either, sometimes I do (best way of catching up on podcasts), I just find them pretty boring by the end. So a game like Bloodborne, where I'm constantly learning and adapting my approach, is entertaining from beginning to end and I love them for it.

I'm also not sure why you think there's the "get to the good part" in Souls games. I don't think that's the case at all. What people have been saying is "wait until it clicks" and that's true of a lot of games, even some of those "fun in 2 minutes" ones you enjoy so much, it just applies to Souls games even more because they're very unique games.

Having said all that though, I should get back to the original point. It's totally okay for Souls games to not be your thing, it's never been intended for everyone, major publishers already make enough of those for that audience. But to say they don't respect your time because they actually force you to learn their systems and get good at them is completely ridiculous.
    Also since when is Arkham City shallow or thirty hours long?

The combat is super satisfying and integrating all your tricks and moves into combos is fun and challenging. And that game takes like six hours to beat and maybe like ten to twelve if you want to do and find EVERYTHING

I've mentioned this a bunch of times but the combat is fundamentally flawed in the Arkham games. It's not a matter of having a bunch of moves, that's easy to figure out. In a good fighting system (whether it's Street Fighter, Tekken, Yakuza, Bloodborne, DMC3, etc.) all the animation times are pre-determined, so if you have a move in mind or see an enemy doing a specific move, you can learn the length of it and use that knowledge to plan out your next move. That's what gives those games most of their depth, because it's possible to count the frames in each move and have an incredible in-depth understanding of the fighting system.

On the other hand, Arkham games randomly select an animation of a variable length, so you can throw all that out the window. Some animations are short, others are long and there's no way of predicting which one will be selected. It's pretty to look at but not a good fighting system at all.

As for the length, it's been a while, so I can't remember how long it is but HowLongToBeat.com says it takes on average ~22 hours to complete the main story + extras and just under 48 hours to complete everything in the game.

Anyways, nice PS+ picks this month. I had no idea what Aaru's Awakening was until I googled it. Oh, it's THAT game. I remember hearing about it like two years ago, so that's cool, it looks hard but has some incredible art. Never Alone should be interesting and I might check out MonsterBag too, assuming it's any good. The art style is neat.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Man, I haven't had PS+ for an entire year yet, and already get a dupe with Killzone: Mercenary. Oh well.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Man, I haven't had PS+ for an entire year yet, and already get a dupe with Killzone: Mercenary. Oh well.

You sure about that? I don't see it on the list

I've been curious if they'll ever run repeats. It'd be nice to get a second crack at some of the titles I missed. Possibly to the chagrin of the early adopters, but still. Nice :P

Edit: Or as in you bought it and now it's free?

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    DaringDirk wrote: »

You sure about that? I don't see it on the list

I've been curious if they'll ever run repeats. It'd be nice to get a second crack at some of the titles I missed. Possibly to the chagrin of the early adopters, but still. Nice :P

Edit: Or as in you bought it and now it's free?

Err... I guess I'm mistaken. Looked up purchase history, I got it for $17.49 on 6/12/2014. Okay then.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    people who count frames are scary computer-humans to me
    I so lame at fight

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    So Axiom Verge seemed real good until the insane difficulty spike right after the second boss. It's such a dramatic jump I feel like I'm going the wrong way or should have backtracked and found a lot of power ups, or should be using the power up you get after that second boss in some way I'm not getting.
    But mostly given how much more dangerous these enemies are, the fuckers could have the courtesy to drop health, which they haven't done once.
    It's kinda putting me off the game.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    The Souls games clicked for me when I realized that they were more RPGs than action games. Having trouble with a boss/area/monster type? Go somewhere else and level up, get new gear and come back with better stats. The controls are still tight and enemies never completely become pushovers, but they are games where you can level yourself into an easier time.

And, since they are RPGs that just dump you out in the world, the first few hours are going to be the hardest. You are limited in places you can go, weapons you can use and your stats.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Heeeeeeere's the Store Update!
    Playstation Plus

PS Plus Discounts

Platform Title Plus Price Regular Sale Original Price

PS4 Axiom Verge $17.99 N/A $19.99
    PS4 Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition $7.50 $12.00 $29.99
    PS4 Paperbound $7.99 N/A $9.99
    PS4 Woah Dave! Free N/A $4.99
    PS3 Batman Arkham Asylum $5.00 $8.00 $19.99
    PS3 Batman Arkham City Ultimate Ed. $8.63 $13.80 $34.49
    PS3 Batman Arkham City: Catwoman Bundle $2.50 $4.00 $9.99
    PS3 Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn’s Revenge $2.50 $4.00 $9.99
    PS3 Batman Arkham City: Nightwing Bundle $1.75 $2.80 $6.99
    PS3 Batman Arkham City: Robin Bundle $1.75 $2.80 $6.99
    PS3 Batman Arkham Origins Season Pass $5.00 $8.00 $19.99
    PS3 Batman Arkham Origins Ultimate Edition $9.38 $15.00 $37.49
    PS3 Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate $5.00 $8.00 $19.99
    PS3 Batman Arkham Origins: Deathstroke Challenge Pack $1.50 $2.40 $5.99
    PS3 Batman Arkham Origins: Initiation $1.75 $2.80 $6.99
    PS3 Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition $7.50 $12.00 $29.99
    PS3 Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition $7.50 $12.00 $29.99
    PS3 LEGO Batman 2 $5.00 $8.00 $19.99
    PS3 LEGO Batman 2 $5.00 $8.00 $19.99
    PS3 Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe $5.00 $8.00 $19.99
    PS3 Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe $5.00 $8.00 $19.99
    PS Vita Woah Dave! Free N/A $4.99

PS Plus Discounts Ending April 6th

Platform Title

PS4 Switch Galaxy Ultra
    PS Vita Switch Galaxy Ultra
    Sales

Platform Title Regular Sale Original Price

PS4 Battlefield 4: Weapon Shortcut Bundle $7.49 $14.99
    PS4 Battlefield 4: Air Vehicle Shortcut $5.99 $9.99
    PS4 Battlefield 4: Ground & Sea Vehicle Shortcut Kit $7.49 $14.99
    PS4 Battlefield 4: Soldier Shortcut Bundle $12.49 $24.99
    PS4 Battlefield 4: The Ultimate Shortcut Bundle $24.99 $49.99
    PS4 Battlefield 4: Vehicle Shortcut Bundle $9.99 $19.99
    PS3 Battlefield 4: Ultimate Shortcut Bundle $24.99 $49.99
    PS3 Battlefield 4: Weapon Shortcut Bundle $7.49 $14.99
    PS3 Battlefield 4: Air Vehicle Shortcut Kit $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 Battlefield 4: Ground & Sea Vehicle Shortcut Kit $7.49 $14.99
    PS3 Battlefield 4: Soldier Shortcut Bundle $12.49 $24.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax $35.99 $59.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Additional Character 1: Tohru Adachi $2.49 $4.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – Additional Character 2: Marie $2.49 $4.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – Additional Character 3: Margaret $2.49 $4.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – Boss Character Unlock $1.49 $2.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – Full Icon Unlock $1.49 $2.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – Full Title Unlock $1.49 $2.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – Glasses Full Pack $2.99 $5.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – Narration & Round Call Unlock $1.49 $2.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – Navigation Set A $5.99 $11.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – Navigation Set B $12.49 $24.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: – P4A Story $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Additional Colors Full Pack $2.99 $5.99

Price Changes

Platform Title New Price Original Price

PS4 Murdered: Soul Suspect $29.99 $49.99
    PS4 Oddworld: New N Tasty $19.99 $29.99
    PS4 Rabbids Invasion Gold Edition $34.99 $54.99
    PS4 Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition $39.99 $59.99
    PS4 Thief – Digital Bundle $29.99 $39.99
    PS4 Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition $29.99 $39.99
    PS3 Adventure Time 3: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom $19.99 $39.99
    PS3 Murdered: Soul Suspect $19.99 $39.99
    PS3 My Little Pony Love Avatar 1 $1.99 $3.99
    PS3 My Little Pony Love Avatar 2 $1.99 $3.99
    PS3 My Little Pony Love Avatar 3 $1.99 $3.99
    PS3 My Little Pony Love Avatar 4 $1.99 $3.99
    PS3 My Little Pony Love Avatar 5 $1.99 $3.99
    PS Vita Destiny of Spirits Destiny Orbs 105 $4.49 $6.49
    PS Vita Destiny of Spirits: Destiny Orbs 200 $10.49 $14.99
    PS Vita Destiny of Spirits: Destiny Orbs 300 $13.99 $19.99
    PS Vita Destiny of Spirits: Destiny Orbs 500 $20.99 $29.99
    PS Vita Destiny of Spirits: Destiny Orbs 1000 $34.99 $49.99

-(PS4) Axiom Verge (Cross Buy with PS Vita when it releases) ($19.99)
    -(PS4) MLB 15 The Show Standard Edition ($59.99) Anniversary Edition ($69.99)
    -(PS4) Paperbound ($9.99)
    -(PS4) R.B.I. Baseball 15 ($19.99)
    -(PS4) Rack N Ruin ($14.99)
    -(PS4) Toukiden: Kiwami ($59.99)
    -(PS4) Woah Dave! ($4.99, Cross Buy with PS Vita)

-(PS3) Anna – Extended Edition ($14.99)
    -(PS3) MLB 15 The Show ($39.99)
    -(PS3) MX vs. ATV Untamed (PS2 Classic) ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Shadow Tower (PSone Classic) ($5.99)
    -(PS3) TableTop Cricket ($12.99)
    -(PS3) Ultimate Action Triple Pack (Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause 2) ($29.99)
    -(PS3) Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack (Thief, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Hitman: Absolution) ($29.99)

-(Vita) Doodle Kingdom ($5.99)
    -(Vita) MLB 15 The Show ($19.99)
    -(Vita) Run Sackboy! Run! (Free)
    -(Vita) Toukiden: Kiwami ($39.99)
    -(Vita) Demo for Oreshika 2: Tainted Bloodlines

-(PS4 Pre-Order) Batman Arkham Knight ($59.99)

So, Axiom Verge drops as it was supposed to with the PS4 version releasing now and the Vita version releasing sometime later down the road. Whenever it comes out, however, it will be cross-buy enabled, so buy it now, get it then! (Or, you know, buy it now to play on PS4 and then grab the Vita version for a replay or something) Paperbound and The Show also hit, with the latter dropping on all three platforms, not just one. Toukiden Kiwami (an updated version of Toukiden: Age of Demons with all new content) releases for the Vita as well as the PS4 because KOEI and the Triple Packs from Squeenix drop at a pretty great price of $30 and the only thing I can point at is that, in typical hilarious Squeenix fashion, the version of Deus Ex included seems to be the original one that probably nobody wants (because they already have it, likely, or they're wary of the well-known issues), not the Director's Cut which everyone probably wants to at least try (because probably not a lot of people bought that one....given that they didn't want to buy the whole game over again). Ah well.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I was really enjoying Axiom Verge.

Then I died and it just sat there, not taking me back to the last save point. Doing nothing until I closed the application.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    At least they're mixing up the cheap indie games with...first person shooters...

wooo

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Axiom Verge seems like a solid Metroidvania if you can get past the visuals, but I can't

It's an ugly game, hard to look at, and I had to stop after about thirty minutes because it was just killing my eyes, even though I was actually having a lot of fun

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I want to want Axiom Verge, but the visuals are a huge turn-off. I know they shouldn't be because fun is fun, but I didn't buy a $400 PS4 to play NES games with their bullshit flicker.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I didn't get very far, but something tells me that the "flicker" and other oddities may actually be a plot point.

• Options
    Yeah, Spotify is rad as shit. Just spent all evening grinding out challenges in Saints Row while listening to a huge playlist of guilty pleasure songs. It was fantastic! The premium service is free for a month (it auto renews, so cancel it before the month ends) if anyone's interested in trying it ad free.

Also, Axiom Verge is a fantastic Metroidvania. Im digging the NES style too.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Looking forward to Axiom Verge on the Vita, sounds like it's a better home for it based on recent comments?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    With Axiom Verge, what I'd like to know is, are the weird flickery effects from the trailers an occasional thing or pervasive throughout the game? I don't get headaches or anything from that stuff, but I do find it unpleasant.

Spotify is cool for collecting hip-hop and dance music playlists in a dozen languages. Discovering new things is the entire point of streaming music for me, personally. It's not perfect, of course. I could do with a more eclectic range of curated playlists, so as to not always be at the mercy of user-generated content. Unrelated songs that someone merely likes have a tendency to creep into their Scorsese soundtrack collections or GTA radio station playlists. And the 'play at random' button is a liar whose pants are on fire, while quite possibly suspended a great height in the air.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

My dick could cut diamonds right now.

It makes me sad that all of the really awesome console colors are are only released in Asia. The Phantom Pain one is especially awesome. I love my white PS4, the only downside is I think it's going to be next to impossible to find faceplates that are going to look good on it.

I think it would be cool to see a blue PS4 similar to the PSP from that Madden bundle years back.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Did Axiom Verge misrepresent itself? It's looked like a NES-era game since it was announced. If you didn't want to play a game that looks like that, why buy it?

• Options
    I hope people don't pass on Shovel Knight based on its visuals, because that game is superb. Axiom Verge is superb as well(so far). I made it to the second boss, but was almost dead before I realized how to hurt it. Gonna back track with my new toys and see if I can find any power-ups before I tackle the boss again..

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Don't forget to grab the new Spotify app. Not only is Spotify great to begin with, the app also mixes my music of choice with the SFX of any game I'm playing. It's darn amazing how awesome that can be. Don't miss out!

Also, what does this bolded part mean?

I now understand what the bolded part means! Was playing Gat out of Hell, and the classic song Tipsy by a wonderful young man named J Kwon started playing. It seemed like everytime I used the stomp power, it would match up with the beat of the song.

Also had Danger Zone blasting while I flew around Hell with my bitchin angel wings.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Axiom Verge has a setting in the options to tone down the flicker effects if that's a thing that bothers you.

The flickering and glitching is part of the plot of the game and done intentionally.

I absolutely love the game. Although, just like every Metroidvania I always have that nagging suspicion that I'm going the wrong way.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Did Axiom Verge misrepresent itself? It's looked like a NES-era game since it was announced. If you didn't want to play a game that looks like that, why buy it?

Look, I'll buy anything

• Options
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Axiom Verge has a setting in the options to tone down the flicker effects if that's a thing that bothers you.

The flickering and glitching is part of the plot of the game and done intentionally.

I absolutely love the game. Although, just like every Metroidvania I always have that nagging suspicion that I'm going the wrong way.

If it's intentional then that's fine. That aesthetic still isn't worth $20 to me so I'll wait for a sale/plus if I pick it up.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »

If it's intentional then that's fine. That aesthetic still isn't worth $20 to me so I'll wait for a sale/plus if I pick it up.

It's $17.99 for PS+ members. >.>

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Look, I'll buy anything

latest?cb=20120508160429

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »

It's $17.99 for PS+ members. >.>

I've got enough to play (Unity, Hand of Fate, LEGO Batman 3, & Gat Out of Hell off the top of my head). If I'm going to buy an ugly game it'll need to be more than $2 discounted.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Ugly?

meme.axiom-verge.514x323.2014-05-05.32.gif

Beauty is in the eye and what not, I guess.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    There's certainly cool detail in the boss sprite, but yes, the whole package does very little for me aesthetically.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    That's the boss I couldn't figure out how to hurt... can't believe I didn't immediately think to shoot at the giant glowy obvious weak spot... that's really bad...

Edit: I figured it out in the fight, but I was almost dead by the time I did.

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's pretty hideous.

• Options
    It's not hideous - it's just not what I want. I don't like the muted palette, and it's channeling the NES pretty hard (which is not a system that I found terribly good-looking like the SNES and the Genesis).

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    As someone who didn't have a Nintendo or Genesis of any kind growing up the whole retro pixel art nostalgia inspired gameplay and music thing does nothing for me. I have no frame of reference for any of the graphical, musical, stylistic, or other nostalgic callbacks, and with so many current games I need to play first I don't ever see myself having the time to figure out what it's all about. My first console was a PS1 and nothing about those games makes me wish a modern game was anything like games from 10+ years ago, let alone 15+ years ago for games I never played.

I think I had an original Gameboy when it first came out but only ever played Tetris and a pretty terrible baseball game on it. Growing up I didn't have cable or gaming consoles, so I have this gaping hole in my 80's and 90's cartoon/gaming/tv knowledge/appreciation/nostalgia. :(

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Souls-games always have sewer-levels that nobody likes. Even the games try to choke themselves when you go there.

Most places you can just run past everything, though. There are doors that get in the way until you kill a big, dumb thing, but just as often you can run up and pull a lever or find a key somewhere. A lot of backtracking is done by stepping off a cliff to respawn. It's just a transportation-effect.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PAL Store update:

Axiom Verge, Dark Souls 2 on PS4, Baseball, more stuff on sale and so on.
    PS Plus
    Axiom Verge – 10% PS Plus discount, ends 8th April

PlayStation 4
    Axiom Verge - Price:£14.99/€17.99/$26.95

DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin - Price:£44.99/€59.99/$69.95
    Out 2nd April

MLB 15 The Show - Price:£36.99/€44.99/$67.95

Super Mega Baseball - Price:£15.99/€19.99/$29.95

Woah Dave! - Price:£3.29/€3.99/$5.95

PlayStation 3
    Anna Extended Edition - Price:£11.99/€14.99/$22.95

DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin - Price:£24.99/€39.99/$49.95
    Out 2nd April

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Price:£11.99/€14.99/$22.95
    Not available in Saudi Arabia, UAE

MLB 15 The Show - Price:£32.99/€39.99/$59.95

Paranormal Pursuit: The Gifted One Collector’s Edition - Price:£11.99/€14.99/$22.95

Super Mega Baseball - Price:£15.99/€19.99/$29.95

Syberia 2 - Price:£11.99/€14.99/$22.95

PlayStation Vita
    MLB 15 The Show - Price:£15.99/€19.99/$29.95

Woah Dave! - Price:£3.29/€3.99/$5.95

PS Vita demos
    Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines Demo

PS4 DLC
    Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires - x7 (£0.79/€0.99/$1.45 - £3.99/€4.99/$7.55)

LEGO Batman 3 - Heroines and Villainesses Pack (Free)

LittleBigPlanet - Fragrances Costume Kit (Free)

Rocksmith - x73 (£2.49/€2.99/$4.55 - £9.49/€11.99/$17.95)

The Crew - x3 (£1.69/€1.99/$2.95 - £3.29/€3.99/$5.95)

Toukiden Kiwami - x2 (Free)

PS3 DLC
    DC Universe Online - x4 (£11.99/€14.99/$22.95 - £53.99/€64.99/$97.95)

LEGO Batman 3 - Heroines and Villainesses Pack (Free)

LittleBigPlanet - Fragrances Costume Kit (Free)

MLB15 The Show - x5 (£0.75/€0.89/$1.35 - £36.99/€44.99/$67.95)

MX VS ATV SUPERCROSS - Supercross Track Pack 3 (£6.49/€7.99/$11.95)

Rocksmith - Spinal Tap Song Pack (£9.49/€11.99/$17.95 or £2.49/€2.99/$4.55 each)

PSVita DLC
    Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - x2 (0.59/€0.75/$1.15 each)

Toukiden Kiwami - x2 (Free)

Easter Sale additions – ends 15 April
    PS4

Battlefield Hardline Standard Edition
    Was £54.99/€69.99/AU$99.95, now £44.99/€54.99/AU$77.95

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition
    Was (£59.99/€69.99/AU$79.95), now (£29.99/€39.99/AU$54.95)

Battlefield 4™ Premium Edition
    Was (£54.99/€69.99/AU$99.95), now (£24.99/€29.99/AU$39.95)
    10% additional PS Plus discount

Dragon Age™: Inquisition Deluxe Edition
    Was (£64.99/€79.99/AU$109.95), now (£39.99/€44.99/AU$62.95)

Dragon Age™: Inquisition
    Was (£54.99 /€69.99/AU$99.95), now (£34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95 )

Madden NFL 15
    Was (£59.99/€69.99 /AU$99.95), now (£24.99/€29.99/AU$39.95)

NHL® 15 Full Game
    Was (£59.99/€69.99/AU$99.95), now (£24.99/€29.99/AU$39.95)

Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Was (£49.99/€69.99/AU$99.95), now (£24.99/€29.99/AU$39.95)

The Evil Within
    Was (£49.99/€69.99/AU$99.95), now (£29.99/€34.99/AU$47.95)

The Evil Within Season Pass
    Was (£14.99/€19.99/AU$29.95), now (£7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Gold Edition
    Was (£49.99/€59.99/AU$84.95), now (£19.99/€24.99/AU$39.95)

Warframe®: 75 Platinum
    Was £3.69/€3.49/AU$6.75, now £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55

Warframe®: 170 Platinum
    Was £7.39/€6.99/AU$13.45, now £5.09/€6.19/AU$9.35

Warframe®: 370 Platinum
    Was £14.99/€13.99/AU$26.95, now £9.79/€12.49/AU$18.95

Warframe®: 1000 Platinum + Mod
    Was £3.69/€3.49/AU$6.75, now £2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55

Warframe®: 2100 Platinum + Mods
    Was £73.99/€89.99/AU$135.95, now £49.99/€59.99/AU$90.95

Warframe®: 3125 Platinum + Mods
    Was £109.99/€129.99/AU$195.95, now £73.99/€89.99/AU$135.95

PS3
    Battlefield Hardline Standard Edition
    Was £54.99/€69.99/AU$89.95, now £44.99/€54.99/AU$69.95

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition
    Was (£29.99/€39.99/AU$59.95), now (£19.99/€29.99/AU$39.95)

The Evil Within
    Was (£39.99/€59.99/AU$79.95), now (£19.99/€29.99/AU$39.95)

The Evil Within Season Pass
    Was (£14.99/€19.99/AU$29.95), now (£7.99/TBC/AU$14.95)

Battlefield 4™ Premium Edition
    Was (£39.99/€49.99/AU$69.95), now (£15.99/€19.99/AU$24.95)

Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Was (£39.99/€69.99/AU$79.95), now (£19.99/€24.99/AU$29.95)

Dragon Age™: Inquisition
    Was (£59.99/€69.99/AU$99.95), now (£24.99/€34.99/AU$44.95)

Dragon Age™: Inquisition Deluxe Edition
    Was (£59.99/€79.99/AU$99.95), now (£29.99/€39.99/AU$49.95)

NHL ® 15
    Was (£59.99/€69.99/AU$99.95), now (£19.99/€24.99/AU$29.95)

Madden NFL 15
    Was (£59.99/€69.99/AU$99.95), now (£19.99/€24.99/AU$29.95)

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red
    Was (£29.99/€39.99/AU$49.95), now (£19.99/€24.99/AU$29.95)

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles™
    Was (£24.99/€29.99/AU$44.95), now (£11.99/€14.99/AU$22.95)

Tales of Xillia™2
    Was (£29.99/€39.99/AU$49.95), now (£15.99/€19.99/AU$24.95)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Gold Edition
    Was (£39.99/€49.99/AU$69.95), now (£15.99/€19.99/AU$24.95)

PS Vita
    Rayman® Origins
    Was (£14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95), now (£5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45)

The Walking Dead: Season Two – SEASON PASS
    Was (£15.99/€19.99/AU$29.95), now (£7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95)

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
    Was (£14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95), now (£5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45)

The Wolf Among Us – The Complete First Season
    Was (£19.99/€24.99/AU$37.95), now (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Shovel Knight looks like those NES games look in memory and imagination, Axiom Verge looks like they actually looked.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    That's the perfect way of putting it because Shovel Knight actually looks cool to me.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Yeah, IMO Shovel Knight did a great job of using NES style graphics but with way more colors than they could on NES and while making it look more polished while also retro. Axiom Verge looks like a fun game to me, but actually looks like it could've been on the NES.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I totally forgot Toukiden: Kiwami is out for the PS4. The original Vita version was pretty fun and I think I put about 20 hours into it before realizing it's something I'd much rather play on a larger screen with a controller. I've been too entrenched in Destiny to try it on my PS TV, but the being able to play it on my PS4 with the graphical upgrade sounds great. I'll have to try the demo to see if it's what I'm hoping it'll be.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Yeah, IMO Shovel Knight did a great job of using NES style graphics but with way more colors than they could on NES and while making it look more polished while also retro. Axiom Verge looks like a fun game to me, but actually looks like it could've been on the NES.

Minus the scaling and distortion effects.