As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Casual Netrunner Online Escalation League (via OCTGN), new players always welcome.

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

Hopefully that's all we need as far as rules go? Bring on the questions if you have any.

Is it presumed that we are building one deck from the core (for each side) and then riding out the rounds until we add more datapacks? Or are we rebuilding and tweaking after each match?

Or are we escalating at the speed that new cards are added after each match?

Edit: Oh, looks like that's kinda answered in the OP. Adding cards after each match then?

Endaro on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Cards pool grows after each official match. Hence the long play window.

Of course you're free to have as many practice games as you like before the official one.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Speaking of which anyone up for a core set deck built match? Want to try out my Runner deck before the real event.

On OCTGN now as jamwarrior.

Edit: And gone.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    I would but I'm still trying to figure all this out haha.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also if anyone wants to get a test match in today that would be great, I think I've got the gist of it but an actual match would help solidify things.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Are we locked in to our IDs as the rounds progress? Or once a cycle opens up, can we move around?

"Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    Nah, free shuffling.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    @theGWN what kind of time zone are you in? I'm GMT +1, but I'm a student and thus have a fairly flexible schedule - I'm free any time Wednesday or Thursday (except I have to get up early Friday, so not too late), or in the evening on Tuesday. Does any of that suit you?

This also goes out to anyone willing to help me reacquaint myself with OCTGN, I think I've forgotten basically everything. So, who wants to watch me struggle with controls while beating up my shitty deck?

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I've played on OCTGN a ton, and I still keep the keystroke cheat sheet in the OP open whenever I'm playing.

Also, I'll be on for a while to test out my decks.

EDIT: I'm gone, but I got in a good game with Dis!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'ma sitting in OCTGN. Looking for some to test my Runner deck against.

Edit: And gone. But I won my single practice match. Clearly the deck is invincible.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    faithfulskepticfaithfulskeptic Registered User regular
    Well, that was humbling. Lost my matches to @Capfalcon after a really ballsy, clutch move on the last turn of his runner's life, and then got rolled by his corp. They were fun games, though!

• Options
    Both games were pretty tight. If I my corp hadn't won on the turn it did, @faithfulskeptic was going to waltz through the awful ICE on my R&D and grab enough agenda points to finish the game.

• Options
    Ran some practice matches to get a feel for octgn (and in my case netrunner) got crushed but learned lots, hopefully the real match is a bit tighter...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Anybody that's around during the days willing to do a test run of my decks?

• Options
    Humbling practice matches against REG Rysk, but I made some tweaks and learned some things.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    1-1 versus Albino Bunny

A cheeky scorch saved my butt when 6-0 down as my NBN versus his Noise, but he was gathering all the tags and then ended turn on two cards...

Then my Kate vs his NBN was an epic match. He took an early lead as my repeated R&D runs pulled nothing over and over. Then just when it was looking like it was all over I pulled off three stim hacks in three turns to claw back a dramatic ending where it all rested one final R&D run before his inevitable victory next turn. It was an Archer. Next card down was a Pri-Req. Nooooooo!

Any more matches going on? The weekend is a good time to schedule running some nets!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Is the plan to play other opponents at this same "level" of just core set or not?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Is the plan to play other opponents at this same "level" of just core set or not?

not officially - rebuild decks from scratch every match with new cards unlocked

sig.gif
  • Options
    We'll add in cards once everyone has done their opening matches. But just one data pack at a time so slowly, slowly.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Man I can't wait until the corp gets their Action Jackson back. I just love him so much.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Just had two delightful games with fellow dogtar @Dis'

I ended up winning both, but very close. The second game, my Gabriel Santiago against his Haas-Bioroid:Engineering the Future, was tense but fairly standard. I decided not to mulligan a hand that had Inside Job and Sure Gamble and Forged Activation Orders, even though it didn't have Account Siphon, which is what I really wanted. Early Gordian Blade defeated his enigma at HQ, so I was running HQ on 4th click every turn for a net gain of a credit after my runner identity fired. He put down a couple ice walls over his remote and HQ, and I stopped running without making him rez them, which was a mistake - I could have gotten a few extra runs on R&D, but I was afraid of a Rototurret blowing up the Gordian Blade. In the end I was able to special order Crypsis and Account Siphon him through two ice. I sorta threatened everywhere and slowly climbed to the win.

The first game was amazing. My HB: EtF against his Kate I got a turn 2 rototurret and put a card behind it. Turn 3 score the Accelerated Beta Test, so I look at the top 3 cards of my deck - one's an archer, so that goes in front of the rototurret, and one's a priority requisition, which is now in archives for Dis' to access. So I'm thinking my remote's pretty strong, with two sentries that end the run, one of them Archer - strength 5, 4 subroutines. Next turn I immediately install another agenda and advance twice.

He uses all his Magnum Opus money to install a Femme Fatale, targeting Archer! Now for 4 credits (one per subroutine) he can bypass Archer without boosting strength. And Femme breaks Rototurret for just $2. Spending $9 to install Femme and $6 to get through both ice, he scores my Private Security Force.

I drop an Adonis Campaign, he Opuses his way to even more dollars and pays $10 to trash my unrezzed adonis. This is not looking good. I have an Aggressive Secretary and a Priority Requisition in hand. I use random.org to pick between them, it says Aggressive Secretary. I advanced just once, which is against the spirit of randoming because I would advance the agenda twice, but I'm bad at sticking to my guns. He thinks for awhile and clicks his money up and runs it, boom! I nuke the femme and install-advance-advance a priority requisition. The PR rezzes the heimdall 1 I couldn't afford over R&D, and i'm left with an Enigma over HQ, Archer+Rototurret over remote, and Heimdall over R&D.

Now I'm at 5 AP out of 7, and I have another Accelerated Beta Test in hand, with Biotic Labor. I need $6 to score it out of hand. I have $2. I'm thinking I'm good, but because I am a fearful, scared netrunner I don't just put the agenda down in the remote so I can win next turn. Instead I put a Melange Mining Corporation down, wasting a turn making money so I can win in 2 turns. Well, good thing I did, because Dis' had another Femme Fatale, and just enough credits to install it and run the server - leaving him short the 1 credit he needs to trash the asset.

So, next turn I use the asset to go up to $11, he gets more money and runs it again, trashing it this time, and I score the ABT from hand for the win.

Heartpounding!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Yeah I had a second femme and Opus in hand when I ran the aggressive sec :3

• Options
    Mr Mojo Risin has been unable to coordinate a time due to unforseen schedule business. He's forfeiting our matches.

Anybody want to play my decks anyways? During the day PST preferably.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @REG Rysk I'd be on around 5 pst if you are available?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Mr Mojo Risin has been unable to coordinate a time due to unforseen schedule business. He's forfeiting our matches.

Anybody want to play my decks anyways? During the day PST preferably.

I PM'ed my guy but still haven't heard back, maybe we could do our matches against each other instead?

• Options
    @Brody that's a bit late for me. I'm unemployed at the moment so during the daytime is when I'm available.

@Endaro I'm willing to do that. Let's PM to try and set up a time.

• Options
    So Endaro takes both matches, one in hilarious (see: embarrassing) fashion.

Game 1: Endaro's Gabe vs My Weyland

He's basically in control the entire game with a turn 1 Desperado, protected by Crash Space, and a cool head taking his time and plinking away at my HQ with Femme's. I finally get a Hostile Scored out of hand so I can put an Archer over HQ, but it just gets Femme'd. Oh well. I only have 8 AP in my hand...he eventually wears me down and never has a tag on my turn in spite of my Data Ravens and snags a free PSF from my archives I had to drop due to heavy handed agendas. A nice win, and shows why Gabe is so strong in Core.

Game 2: My Noice vs Endaro's Weyland

Medium is the MVP here for me, but the opening hand was just too sick. Sure Gamble, Grimoire, Medium, and a wide open R&D. One Demo Run netted me a trashing of 5 cards and ONE whole agenda (Posted Bounty...wooooo). Get towards what seems the end of the game and I make an 8 card dig into R&D with my second Medium and find ZERO agendas in his last 15 cards. What. Is. This. Nonsense. He has 6 AP and I have 5, so I dig Archives to get that last PSF (one he trashed himself, mind you) and take the game, so I start looking through his deck. Slight problem. I had 6 AP, because one of my agendas was a Posted Bounty. So, in the end, he was about to win with a hand full of agendas protected only by a Shadow, when I forfeited the game by looking at his hand and pending cards (which found all three Scorcheds on the bottom in consecutive order). It could have gone either way, since I'm not entirely sure what I would have done with my last clicks, but I likely would have gotten something. Either way, it was CLOSE, and Endaro deserves the win!

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    How do people feel about Jinteki.net? It's a webclient for playing netrunner. I would ask in the general netrunner thread but I've been out of the game for a cycle or so, so this league would be a great way to ease back into it.

• Options
    Okay, maybe I should have been a bit more active in jimmying people along.

@theGWN vs @jakobagger
    @borboski vs @Kaneski
    @Praetor vs @QuantumTurk

Rearranged: @mr. mojo risin vs @TheMadjai

Where you all at?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    A family issue is taking up a lot of time. Have to bow out. Apologies @borboski @Jam Warrior

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

@theGWN vs @jakobagger
    @borboski vs @Kaneski
    @Praetor vs @QuantumTurk

Where you all at?

I tried @'ing theGWN here but never got a response. Haven't tried pm or other channels yet though.

• Options
    New plan. All you people with a game still to play. If you want to play a game make a post saying as such and try and sort a game with someone else by the end of the week, free for all style.

@theGWN vs @jakobagger
    @borboski vs @Kaneski
    @Praetor vs @QuantumTurk

Where you all at?

Quoting my post to get the @s because @ auto-formatting is maddeningly non-functional currently and keeps deleting names.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Raven1015Raven1015 Registered User new member
    Great idea! I know things have already gotten started, but if you need someone to jump in, I'm game. I'm basically completely new to Netrunner, only playing a few games here and there when I first got the Core Set.

• Options
    More people always welcome was the plan. I'll include you when I get the next round sorted in the next day or so.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Oh if this is open to further signups Id like to jump in too. Played a good bit of netrunner offline but never used OCTGN before. I'll set it up when I get home from work

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raven1015Raven1015 Registered User new member
    Awesome. My OCTGN name is raven1015.

• Options
    ii2jtsvcharj.jpg

Round 2! Adding What Lies Ahead to the card pool.

Initial attempt at matchups:

@Albino Bunny vs @jakobagger
    @faithfulskeptic vs @Powerpuppies
    @REG Rysk vs @Dis'
    @xiers vs @Endaro
    @Quantumturk vs @Jam Warrior
    @Raven1015 vs @Capfalcon

Dropped from proceedings for radio silence but welcome back any time:

@TheMadjai
    @Mr. Mojo Risin
    @Praetor
    @borboski
    @theGWN

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    So, corp gets some really nice ICE in this set, and runners get Plascrete and Imp. If nothing else, I'd feel less scummy if I stuck with the tag and bag I used in Round one.

• Options
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, corp gets some really nice ICE in this set, and runners get Plascrete and Imp. If nothing else, I'd feel less scummy if I stuck with the tag and bag I used in Round one.

Did we just get Atlas, too?

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Right, an essentially blank 3 advance/2 point Weyland Agenda. Still, beats priority recs. :hydra:

EDIT: I'm not dissing Atlas. 3/2 agendas are really nice.

Capfalcon on