As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Man Makes $900 Burger At A McDonald's Build-Your-Own Kiosk

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    sarukun wrote: »
    I'm sure your brother is a cool guy though.

Despite a current lack of evidence to support this hypothesis.

(Your brother smells.)
    He got a good internship offer that required him to move to California so I can't blame him.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Here's some good fair food

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wvhJBgS6Y8A

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My current favorite sandwich chain is Jersey Mike's. It's not terribly far spread, though.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I had my very first s'more not long ago.

Those things are dangerous.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    One week when I was in San Francisco, I walked a mile everyday for a doubledown.

Good week.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    This ain't a true Double Down, it's only one chicken patty attempting to spoon a sausage. I tried it once, and never again.

We are also the country whose KFC tried to sell a chicken cheeseburger with the cheese slice on top of the bun.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    All food is terrible.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    More like thanks Marshawn Lynch.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I'm sure your brother is a cool guy though.

Despite a current lack of evidence to support this hypothesis.

(Your brother smells.)
    He got a good internship offer that required him to move to California so I can't blame him.

Did he seem apologetic or did he drive away laughing while giving you the finger?

This is important to my calculations.

• Options
    Butters wrote: »
    The double down really isn't that bad when you think about it.

I mean nobody will care if you eat two bits of chicken with some dipping sauce. Add some cheese and bacon and you have a double down.

No big deal.

Fun fact: the KFC double down barely had more calories than a Big Mac and had considerably less saturated fat.

Isn't a Big Mac up around a grand in calories?

Fuck you, iPad, don't auto capitalize Big Mac.

WHAT DID I JUST SAY.

• Options
    The internet says 530.

• Options
    That feels small to me.

Maybe I'm thinking of the Double Big Macs, I'm pretty sure I used to eat those when they were around and I wasn't old enough to be snooty about food.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Domino's Specialty Chicken (chicken nuggets with pizza toppings) is awful, but the chicken kickers they used to have were really good.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    2pyOD3.jpg

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    whoops that's not the save draft button.

Anyway, the big mac only being 530 calories doesn't seem that weird to me. Whole lotta filler in those things.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Subway isnt terrible, Quiznos is not all that much better imo, however there are many better choices. Jimmy Johns, Potbelly, etc.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    whoops that's not the save draft button.

Anyway, the big mac only being 530 calories doesn't seem that weird to me. Whole lotta filler in those things.
    They're just bread and thousand island dressing, really.

• Options
    Jersey Mike's is where it's at.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    My personal order of deli sandwich chains is:

Potbelly>Jimmy Johns>Firehouse>Jersey Mike's (only eaten there twice)>Quiznos>Subway>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blimpie

I feel like Jersey Mike's could move up at least one spot (possibly two), but I've only had two of their sandwiches and that is not enough data. More sandwiches!

jgeis on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yeah a big mac is 530, maybe close to 1k with fries and a drink, especially if you go large.

500-600 is around the right range for a double burger in my experience. It's always worth checking calorie information as a lot of that stuff will surprise you. I don't think many of my customers are starbucks realize that some of their individual drinks or pastries have as many calories as a hamburger.

When I realized fries and McNuggets were the same calories I stopped getting fries and started getting a side of nugs instead. Might as well get some protein.

• Options
    Publix super markets have really good sandwiches.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yeah a big mac is 530, maybe close to 1k with fries and a drink, especially if you go large.

500-600 is around the right range for a double burger in my experience. It's always worth checking calorie information as a lot of that stuff will surprise you. I don't think many of my customers are starbucks realize that some of their individual drinks or pastries have as many calories as a hamburger.

When I realized fries and McNuggets were the same calories I stopped getting fries and started getting a side of nugs instead. Might as well get some protein.

But the fries at McDonald's are actually pretty good

• Options
    I'm always surprised at how (relatively) few calories are in some sub sandwiches. A foot long Subway Club with all the veggies you could want and mustard is only ~620 calories. That of course excludes cheese and mayo. Adding either cheese or light mayo takes you up to 710 calories. That still seems like a lot of food for a reasonable amount of calories. Like, whole sub from Subway or one Big Mac and a couple of fries? I'll take the sub.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

But the fries at McDonald's are actually pretty good

I mean, to each their own, I think the nugs are tastier so it's an easy choice for me! But I've also just kind of stopped eating french fries in general over the years, so, that's just me.

That said, some loaded fries when it is late and you are drunk is pretty incredible.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    My view on Subway can be summed up by watching that Jim Gaffigan bit.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Quiznos is alright, they have bigger sandwiches than Subway.

Jersey Mike's is pretty great.

Honestly if Jimmy John's would just get a damn toaster oven I'd never eat anywhere else.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Eh..super markets might have good sandwiches, but they never do anything original. Like Potbelly's is my fav sandwich place because they do something special with the mayo that gives it this great flavor.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    "Why is my blood pressure so high?"
    check sodium content of a bacon pizza
    "Oh."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I am going to Cali for a vacation tomorrow and am planning on going to an in n out right after landing. It better be at least equal to five guys, from all the raves

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »
    I am going to Cali for a vacation tomorrow and am planning on going to an in n out right after landing. It better be at least equal to five guys, from all the raves

i can tell you right now it's not equal to five guys. they're really not going for the same thing, so it's hard to compare.

at in n out they do one cheap and fast burger and they do it very well, but that's about it.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Jersey Mikes is too damn expensive.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Jersey mikes is on par with other sub places?

Unless you get the huge one, which is like 11 dollars and is a shitload of food

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I invested in a panini press and now I just get to make all my delicious sandwiches at home.

Though these days I am doing a lot of stuff with lavash bread.

• Options
    I wish the nearest Jersey Mike's wasn't a 35 minute drive.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »

i can tell you right now it's not equal to five guys. they're really not going for the same thing, so it's hard to compare.

at in n out they do one cheap and fast burger and they do it very well, but that's about it.

Yeah it's not really equal. I like In-N-Out more than five guys, but they're not really the same.

Get Animal Fries or it's like you didn't even go.

• Options
    I went to a smashburger the other day

that might actually be the best fast food burger I've had

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I can get a $5 footlong (11 inches) cold cut at Subway and that lasts me two meals. Looking at Jersey Mike's closest comparison it's $7.25 or $12.45 for the giant. Not on par at all.

• Options

I can get a $5 footlong (11 inches) cold cut at Subway and that lasts me two meals. Looking at Jersey Mike's closest comparison it's $7.25 or $12.45 for the giant. Not on par at all.

Subway is the cheapest of all the sandwhich places because its much lower quality

Jersey Mikes is on par with firehouse, quiznos, etc

This discussion has been closed.