Wondering who to vote for? It looks like player profiles aren't going to happen, so here is a thread where Omeganauts can post some information about themselves and how they've been training, and then you can make an informed decision on who to vote for.
I'm Kevin Potter, a 17-year old High School Student. I've been an avid gamer all my life. I'm already an excellent Halo and DDR player, and I've been training like a mad man at the other 3 known games ever since I got the call.
1) Diceland- I play 2-4 hours a day with my brothers. We trade off random armies, and I have enough experience under my belt to be a good dice thrower with a clear understanding of how to play each color. Though once a newb, now I think I can throw down with the best of them.
2) Halo- Prior to finding out about the Omegathon, I played 10 hours of Halo a week, and this has been my average over the last 2 years. That in mind, I know every map quite well, I'm a good shot, and I know how to be successful in a deathmatch. I usually finish towards the top end of my group of friends, and I expect the Omegathon competitors to be significantly less experienced than my standard foes. I am extremely confident that my 2 years of experience will easily put me somewhere in the top fourth of the Omeganauts.
3) Mario Kart: Double Dash- I had no experience with the latest Mario Kart game until I got the call from Gabe, but I have put in at least 2 hours a night since then. I have beaten the All-Cup Tour on 150cc with a rather bad copilot. I have every shortcut memorized, so this round looks good.
4) I've played DDR avidly since the 8th grade, and I can beat most 9-foot songs after just a few tries. Matsuri Japan, my personal favorite, is a 9-footer which I can consistently get a B on. Now, I recognize that on the normal difficulty setting, rhythm is more important than foot speed, but I have both in spades. Did I mention that I'm the 1st chair percussionist at my High School's band?
5) DOOM- I had DOOM a long time ago and I was pretty good at it, but that was many years ago, so I repurchased DOOM and now I practice by playing the first campaign on nightmare. It takes a lot of fast twitch to react to the monsters teleporting in all over the place, and so that's what I'm training at. I'm far from beating the first campaign on nightmare, don't misunderstand, but I'm familiar with the game's controls, and tonight I'm going to set up a few hours worth of LAN games to learn the multiplayer maps.
As far as the mystery round goes, I'm a fast learner so if I'm forced to compete at a game that is not yet released, I think I'll have an edge over my competition.
And that is all that there is to know about me. Now, Omeganauts, come forward with your talents, training and experience!