As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Only in Death Does Nerdrage End.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So excited and proud to see the game I've been working on finally get announced. I can't answer ang questions but stay tuned.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    My paaaaaaaants

• Options
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Giant orbital laser

This is the Space Marine super ability. It calls a massive beam of death from the Dauntless battle cruiser orbiting the planet. Once the beam hits, you right-click to move it around. The more enemies it kills, the fatter, slower and deadlier it becomes, because that is how lasers work in Warhammer 40,000. Enemies caught in the laser are lifted upwards for a moment before they glow white hot and dissolve into ash.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    As an aside I'm getting really tired of this 'trailer for a trailer to announce that we plan on releasing a game at some point' crap that the industry is so keen on lately.

Whatever. Day 1 purchase, pre-order, etc. #iampartoftheproblem

• Options
    get hyped keenbean

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Okay. it looks great sofar, judging from the images we have, but some sentences in the article make me a bit wary.

Story premise sounds not very innovative, neither do the involved races, but the story itself can be good nontheless.
    Buildings back in a larger capacity. That's of course personal preference, but I'd have liked it if those went away completely.

On the other hand simplified mechanics for non elite units sounds good. If that micromanagment is restricted to the 3 elite units you have I'd appreciate that.
    Larger scale units like Knights. Yes, please.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Echo wrote: »
    Giant orbital laser

This is the Space Marine super ability. It calls a massive beam of death from the Dauntless battle cruiser orbiting the planet. Once the beam hits, you right-click to move it around. The more enemies it kills, the fatter, slower and deadlier it becomes, because that is how lasers work in Warhammer 40,000. Enemies caught in the laser are lifted upwards for a moment before they glow white hot and dissolve into ash.

The Dauntless is a light cruiser, argle-bargle!!!
    I like the larger battles, that's sounding all good. Less excited about the inclusion of super-heavies and gargantuan creatures. The lack of chaos is interesting.
    I didn't see a mention one way or another, is there base building in the game? 'Cause I'm a sucker for building bases.

edit: rando old unposted comment fragment

daveNYC on
    Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Yeah, the Rhino won't actually fit your terminators, and you probably don't want a solo inquisitor running around in the metal box.

Chances are you're screwed just because you're going to be learning the game. I wouldn't worry too much about whether your
    Echo wrote: »
    Giant orbital laser

The Dauntless is a light cruiser, argle-bargle!!!
    I like the larger battles, that's sounding all good. Less excited about the inclusion of super-heavies and gargantuan creatures. The lack of chaos is interesting.
    I didn't see a mention one way or another, is there base building in the game? 'Cause I'm a sucker for building bases.

Good news for you, big meh for me:
    Dawn of War 1 style bases are back. They produce your workaday line units such as Tactical Marines, heavy-weapon Devastators and Dreadnought walkers. As in previous games, you build power generators and capture requisition points in the field to acquire resources.

• Options
    The Knight was really the point where I started frothing.

Please be more DoW1 and less DoW2. I desperately need a good old-school RTS that isn't Starcraft and brings the pretty.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Dawn of War 1 style bases are back. They produce your workaday line units such as Tactical Marines, heavy-weapon Devastators and Dreadnought walkers. As in previous games, you build power generators and capture requisition points in the field to acquire resources.

@Matrias so can I just send you guys my bank routing number and account info?

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Jesus, the gnarly wraithbone eldar in that trailer were the first time I've ever thought eldar looked truly badass. I'm super jazzed.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    So much I don't understand about that trailer, though it's pretty darn awesome.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    yesssss
    this is what i want

that wraithknight looks so fucking cool yessssss

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, the look of the Eldar in that is preatty great. Gnarly and old but still sleek and with smooth movements. Really fittingly alien. Only in the trailer though. At least for now.

Also, hey Zack Snyder, here might be the only potential cinematic universe where your style might fit. This could basically be a dream sequence from BvS.

honovere on
  • Options
    So much I don't understand about that trailer, though it's pretty darn awesome.

Watching it a second time, makes pretty good sense to me.
    -mountain of corpses is the warp, or wherever folk go when they die.
    -Sergeant McNohelmet reflects back on his last moments
    -marines on some crappy sand planet (Matrias, CoH2 style blizzards, but sand??), get ambushed by orks
    -Orks roflstomp marines. Eldar don't like these kids on their lawn.
    -more marines and orks duke it out, with wraithknights clomping around.
    -wraithknight gets killed by impknight
    -wraithknight falls on Sergeant McNohelmet, whos like "this is totally brutal -U-"
    -loop back to corpses from mortal-realm battle raining down into 'the other side'

(it wouldve been totally clutch if a silhouette of a greater daemon or something moved in the background of that last shot"

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    more symbolic than literal

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Just take my money, do your magic and then inject it straight into my veins. Is that so hard?

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    The first Dawn of War intro cinematic is still my favorite.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'm kinda bummed as I liked DoW2 and CoH 1&2 better than DoW 1.

But DoW 1 is still one of my favorite rts games, soooo...

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »
    So excited and proud to see the game I've been working on finally get announced. I can't answer ang questions but stay tuned.

Hey, Matrias, can I work for Relic from Montreal?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Kharn's 'Egg of Doom' hovers patiently at the top of turn 2, before carving into @Sharp101 's lines.
    7B6vrPV.jpg

The blood slaughterer, was sadly riped apart by the new machine flense psychic power.
    Credit to sharp for the cool photo.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    but we don't know how to encode binary into protein yet.
    Elaro wrote: »

Hey, Matrias, can I work for Relic from Montreal?

no, you have to move to Vancouver and enjoy our beautiful scenery, warm weather, and suffer through our pitifully run pro-Hockey team.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    More pics for the pics god

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    more symbolic than literal

But thats the best part about the Warp; it can be both!

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    More pics for the pics god

Ask and you shall receive - Here's a gallery of 60 images. I think I managed to photograph about 40 of the 60 or so armies there.

Astronomi-con Toronto was this past weekend. After driving up with McGibs and a few others, of course I played him in the first game!

I didn't have time to bring a new army this year, so I just put together 1500pts of my old Salamanders army (list here).

I didn't end up doing very well over the weekend (2-4-0) but I had a lot of fun! There were lots of cool armies and lots of great games.

Here are a few select photos:

Game 2

j3jPEml.jpg

Game 3
    rvFQKo0.jpg
    AkAHvW2.jpg

Game 4
    HJoNDFx.jpg

Game 5
    wf7p3AF.jpg

Game 6
    xJO57Tx.jpg

A few cool armies

A1PWsuJ.jpg
    DESwuGq.jpg
    9ISQy65.jpg

Lots more in the imgur album.

• Options
    So, looks like GW is actually delivering on that mega FAQ thing they were asking the community. First draft!
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1610528622601104&id=1575682476085719

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    McGibs wrote: »
    So, looks like GW is actually delivering on that mega FAQ thing they were asking the community. First draft!
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1610528622601104&id=1575682476085719

Fucking awesome. What is even happening to GW anymore? It's like they all got replaced by some benevolent xenos scum.

BreakfastPM on
  • Options

Fucking awesome. What is even happening to GW anymore? It's like they all got replaced by some benevolent xenos scum.

don't they have a new CEO? last guy is out?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, new CEO is shaking things up in an interesting way.

Pulling interesting nuggets from the FAQ:
    Q: I have a question regarding unit special rules that affect all or some units within a certain range of a model or unit. How do these interact with units inside Transports, and what happens if the unit with the rule is inside a Transport?
    A: When a unit embarks on a vehicle it is taken off the battlefield and does not interact with anything on the battlefield. However, certain rules may create exceptions to this rule, with the most obvious examples being Fire Points and psychic powers and Transports. If a unit’s rules are meant to apply even when embarked on a Transport, they will specify this.
    Means no more stuff like sticking a forcefield IC into a landraider for a bigger bubble.
    Q: Do Flyers, Super-heavy vehicles, Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures and Gargantuan Creatures gain cover while standing on the ‘base’ of a terrain piece, e.g. ruins or dense thickets, or do they need to be at least 25% obscured by the scenery for cover to apply?
    A: The 25% rule applies in all types of terrain if the target is a Flyer, Super-heavy Vehicle, Flying Monstrous Creature or Gargantuan Creature. All other targets count as being in cover if they are in or on the terrain’s base, even if not 25% obsured.
    Fixes some dumb shenanigans like wraithknights getting cover for having their toe in area terrain.
    Q: Can you Stomp an Invisible unit?
    A: Yes.
    hurhuhur

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    power of the machine spirit is good for full BS and not snap shots now in applicable situations (like jink and such).

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Leman russ's ordnance crippling looks to be set in stone now :(
    Hellstrike missiles don't fuck each other over though!

-templates and blasts can shoot flyers in they have skyfire
    -non blast/template ordnance can snapshot (heeellllooo laser destroyer AA guns)
    -monstrous creatures can charge multiple units
    -passengers in jinking transports have to snapfire
    -invisibility still dumb.
    -only 1 grenade can be thrown per unit in the assault phase. ouch.
    -summoned FMC's can choose to glide or swoop. Yay daemonkin bloodthirsters!
    -witchfire powers will no shooting profile hit automatically
    -battle brothers cannot embark upon each others transports during deployment. Fuck to the yes. Goodbye every dumb drop pod combo ever.
    -models can only carry a single relic unless otherwise specified (despite wordings in most codexes specifying otherwise).

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    "-battle brothers cannot embark upon each others transports during deployment. Fuck to the yes. Goodbye every dumb drop pod combo ever."

so closes down the space wolves drop pod rental stand.

• Options
    WoozlWoozl Registered User regular
    galaxy's creepiest taxi service, (DE / E) now closed forever.

• Options

don't they have a new CEO? last guy is out?

Correct. A few months in and we've reached a bizarro world where news out of GW being good is the rule and not the exception.

I was going to list all the cool shit they've done recently but ... it's a huge list. Basically imagine everything you've ever wanted them to do aside from lowering prices (which they are actually doing with the fantasy minis that get repackaged for Age of Sigmar) and they're probably doing it now or have announced it for the future.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'm not even sure how to feel about a GW that acts logically, even if it's in their own self interest to do so. What are some of the things on the list?

I've been kind of turned off by all the big stompy things and flyers, which I feel literally do not fit on a 4x6 table, so it'd be nice to have a reason to come back.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Wow, glad I read this before placing my order for some dark eldar raiders. That would have been a costly mistake.

This discussion has been closed.