As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MINNESOTA]! That thing Sean Bean said, it's true.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    RE: Thread Title

"One does not simply walk into Minnesota. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Mall Cops of America are ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly."?

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    So apparently the Super Bowl is gonna be in MN in 2018. I hate football, but I'm almost tempted to rent out my basement as an AirB&B if there's demand enough from travelers.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    So apparently the Super Bowl is gonna be in MN in 2018. I hate football, but I'm almost tempted to rent out my basement as an AirB&B if there's demand enough from travelers.

we're getting the hell out of the city that weekend. it'll be hell on earth

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I want to somehow crash the game and then crash a celebrity after party.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

These types of post from you are a million times more amusing with your cool Belding avatar.

• Options

please don't crash celebrities

they are expensive

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    thank you for sharing @Mayabird , thats cool

And I need to go there some time in the summer too, because while we were going around the guide pointed out the places where the warblers breed during warmer times of the year. Cape May warblers off one dirt road, Nashville warblers in about every tree in another area, golden-winged warblers and magnolia warblers and all sorts of others, plus lots of other species that I usually only see for a couple weeks in spring and fall as they migrate through. Sax-Zim Bog is a great birding area.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

please don't crash celebrities

they are expensive

I'll do what I want!

• Options
    Ugh, we always getting this freezing rain bullshit when I have to drive somewhere for work. I was driving 15mph, gave myself plenty of time to gently come to a stop and still managed to almost slide into an intersection.

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    i dont know about warblers, but the suburb where i grew up had a lot of turkeys and its really weird seeing a bunch of turkeys up in a tree.

also for the superbowl, my apartment is literally just across 35w from the new stadium, i can see it very easily from my window. and as such we actually had a gentleman come to our apartment and talk to us about if we wanted to be a part of this thing where we basically rented out our apartments as hotel rooms for super bowl weekend. lots of my neighbors are doing it and im not super excited about having random crowds of people coming thru my building. having the superbowl that close was gonna be terrible enough on its own.

• Options
    i dont know about warblers, but the suburb where i grew up had a lot of turkeys and its really weird seeing a bunch of turkeys up in a tree.

also for the superbowl, my apartment is literally just across 35w from the new stadium, i can see it very easily from my window. and as such we actually had a gentleman come to our apartment and talk to us about if we wanted to be a part of this thing where we basically rented out our apartments as hotel rooms for super bowl weekend. lots of my neighbors are doing it and im not super excited about having random crowds of people coming thru my building. having the superbowl that close was gonna be terrible enough on its own.

christ what a nightmare

you have all my condolences, every single one

• Options
    0u5s3c0ka4w2.jpg

I think we'll end up being fine and people are freaking out for no reason, but I have no evidence to support my claim.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    the weather is like the vikings, people get amped up only for disappointment.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    0u5s3c0ka4w2.jpg

I think we'll end up being fine and people are freaking out for no reason, but I have no evidence to support my claim.

Meanwhile, in my new neigborhood, it's 70F today. With a low of 50.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    i work at a pediatric clinic and we had like basically half our callers thursday calling to cancel their appointments due to the big blizzard. some of them who had waited over 6 months and now would be waiting even more months. i always ask, are you sure you dont want to wait and see, there is no penalty for cancelling same day, what if we dont end up getting a lot of snow.
    nope cancel it, blizzard blizzard blizzard.

• Options
    i work at a pediatric clinic and we had like basically half our callers thursday calling to cancel their appointments due to the big blizzard. some of them who had waited over 6 months and now would be waiting even more months. i always ask, are you sure you dont want to wait and see, there is no penalty for cancelling same day, what if we dont end up getting a lot of snow.

are you sure they weren't just playing world of warcraft

• Options
    edited February 2017

Yeah, I had to cancel some in-state work travel I had planned for today because I was worried about the snow...

Naturally when I ignore planned weather it always ends up being worse than predicted.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular

I definitely cancelled my dentist cleaning on wednesday for thursday night, but I also have been stay at home sick until today. Still sick but not feverish/hacking up a lung all day.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Ooooo tornado watch for the Cities.
    Stay safe, everyone.

• Options
    How's the first day of spring treating you?

Me?

I just watched a guy ride his bike across a lake.

20170320_143723_zpsg5ghjywc.jpg

• Options
    Did he make it all the way across without falling in?

• Options

Yup. He actually rode all over before crossing.

• Options

Yup. He actually rode all over before crossing.

That's cool.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    How's the first day of spring treating you?

Me?

I just watched a guy ride his bike across a lake.

20170320_143723_zpsg5ghjywc.jpg

How cold is it yet? There's no way that would be safe here.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    It's 50 degrees here today!

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    You were chasing him in your car, weren't you?

• Options
    Hey, it's short notice but the Zelda Symphony is gonna be at the Orpheum tomorrow!

https://zelda-symphony.com/pages/schedule

Groupon had the $89 tickets for like $65 yesterday so I'm gonna go!

Also, other than the Spoonbridge, are there other sights you tend to take visitors when they travel from out of town?

• Options

Also, other than the Spoonbridge, are there other sights you tend to take visitors when they travel from out of town?

I point at the highway north and say "run run now to Canada"

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hey, it's short notice but the Zelda Symphony is gonna be at the Orpheum tomorrow!

https://zelda-symphony.com/pages/schedule

Groupon had the $89 tickets for like $65 yesterday so I'm gonna go!

Going to this with some buddies and I am SO FRICKIN EXCITED

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    The trial of the officer who killed Philando Castille came back Not Guilty.

I would heavily suggest staying out of downtown if at all possible.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Ah butts.

And I live very close to downtown. South of the river though.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

That's some blatant fucking bullshit.

• Options

That's some blatant fucking bullshit.

He did literally everything right and still got killed in front of his family. I'm still waiting on the NRA to come out in strident defense of his conceal carry permit rights.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    they pulled him over because he looked black, literally "he looks like the suspect because he has a broad nose", could the cop in question have been any more in the wrong? The girlfriend and child are lucky they didn't get sprayed with bullets too, I guess. I mean, they still cuffed her at gunpoint...

• Options

This tweet thread puts into unfortunate perspective how this was not the first time he was "suspected" of something.

• Options

This tweet thread puts into unfortunate perspective how this was not the first time he was "suspected" of something.

Even worse, the story talks about court records. Who knows how many times he got pulled over without sufficient pretense to pin a citation on him?

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Minnehaha Academy just literally exploded. Gas leak during construction it sounds like.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    holy crap!

says 2 missing, 9 injured but StarTrib says everyone is accounted for.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Everyone all prepared for the blizzard?
    My gf and I got stuck in it, and made it home - barely. Much swearing and stopping for absolutely NOTHING.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Been chilling around the house all day. I had plans for today too, so yeah. Curse this zombie winter.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy