As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Codename: STEAM] Speed Patch is now available on the eShop!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    This. Changes. EVERYTHING.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Starting to run low on demo uses... I always feel the need to check my streetpasses in mii plaza. Gonna hold off for a few days I guess. Need to make it last until release.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I can't wait! The intro does remind me about this game's amiibo support. Locking 4 unique units behind hard to find pieces of plastic is a pinch annoying, I gotta say.

Though on that note:

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Those comments are comedy gold. And yet sad. I'm conflicted.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    What's with all the Wheaton hate? Did I miss something?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    What's with all the Wheaton hate? Did I miss something?

I'm wondering the same thing. Granted, my only experience with Wil Wheaton are the Penny Arcade D&D games, but he's awesome in those.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    MattnyxMattnyx Registered User regular
    Apparently he has spoken out against all the sexism, hate and such that Gamer'sgate has wrote and as such is now "hated" by those who have been using Gamer'sgate as an excuse to spread their hate and bile. Yay...

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    people still buttmad about wesley crusher yo

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Mattnyx wrote: »
    Apparently he has spoken out against all the sexism, hate and such that Gamer'sgate has wrote and as such is now "hated" by those who have been using Gamer'sgate as an excuse to spread their hate and bile. Yay...

Really? Well I have even more respect for him then.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I don't think that's it (if it was they'd have a pretty long list of people to hate). I think it's half Wesley Crusher (who *was* a pretty terrible character) and half his personality just tends to rub some people the wrong way.

Either way, I think he's fine, though kind of a weird choice for Lincoln specifically. But *shrug*

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Yeah he wouldn't be my first choice for Lincoln but it's no big deal.

Running out of uses for the demo, looking forward to the game launching, slightly bummed I won't have access to four of the units in the game but oh well.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I don't think that's it (if it was they'd have a pretty long list of people to hate). I think it's half Wesley Crusher (who *was* a pretty terrible character) and half his personality just tends to rub some people the wrong way.

Either way, I think he's fine, though kind of a weird choice for Lincoln specifically. But *shrug*

No that really is it, Gamergaters are out in force against him.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hahaha what in the world that is amazing!

Also new character revealed in that, it said her name as Califia but I think she is more commonly known as Calafia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calafia

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yoooooooooo

She looks so cool!

Also, I wish that song was in Smash Bros.

Tairu on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Tairu wrote: »
    Yoooooooooo

She looks so cool!

Also, I wish that song was in Smash Bros.

I wonder if we will ever see a Smash bros game with STEAM characters playable.

I guess it depends on how much it sells.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    This is out in less than a week, but there's still been no word on another print of the FE amiibos or release date for the other two, right? I'd been debating picking a couple up just for their integration into this, but it may be a moot point if they're not released until weeks/months after the game itself.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Hahah, good lord, this is everything I ever wanted from Nintendo.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Every new thing about this game sounds like a kickstarter stretch goal

Tairu on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    This is out in less than a week, but there's still been no word on another print of the FE amiibos or release date for the other two, right? I'd been debating picking a couple up just for their integration into this, but it may be a moot point if they're not released until weeks/months after the game itself.

April.

So, there you go.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    GameXplain is streaming this right now:

Also, Dr. Venture as one of the voices ftw (edit: specifically as Randolph from the H.P. Lovecraft stuff)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    rndmhero wrote: »

They've said they will be doing another print of Marth in the future.

But, I dunno, the idea of amiibos for this game just seems off. It's a portable game. As far as I can tell I'll have to scan the amiibo at the start of the mission to be able to choose them, so, if I want to be able to use the FE characters on the go I'll have to bring 4 figures along with me? That's no longer easily portable. Plus it's like ~$15 an amiibo so $60 to get all 4, for a $40 game?

Basically, I can't wait for them to actually make those amiibo cards they have been talking about.

• Options
    Marth is coming in April, and they are reprinting Ike at some point too

• Options
    Just watched Game Explain's 1 hour livestream; i'm really excited to use Tom. I have the feeling him and Fox will be in my party every time.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Finally finished the demo. I guess it only goes one level into mission 2? Kind of weird. Debating how much gold I should bother farming :P

Edit: BTW, this game plays a million times better with the New 3DS. C-Stick makes a huge difference. Way easier to play than with the stylus.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    I found the game at toysrus yesterday! But the register wouldn't ring it up :-(. Guess I have to wait like everyone else.

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How many days left, 4? I'm not sure whether to get the physical or digital copy. Digital seems more practical, but I look at that gorgeous box art and I waaaant it.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm getting physical for that Majora's Mask pin thing. Which fucking GameStop better not screw me out of.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I have this preordered from Gamestop. I really want this to hurry and get here. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Tairu wrote: »
    How many days left, 4? I'm not sure whether to get the physical or digital copy. Digital seems more practical, but I look at that gorgeous box art and I waaaant it.

I already own my one physical game for my 3DS (mh4U). Now that I have that slot filled I plan to download everything else, digital makes portable gaming truly that.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I can't imagine going anything but digital for my 3DS games. No need for a separate case to try to awkwardly in a pocket or something when I can have every game on the system itself. Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter enjoys a permanent physical spot and everything else gets digital.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

No that really is it, Gamergaters are out in force against him.

Really? That sucks. He's always radiated "smug"and I really don't enjoy things with him in it, but I'm going to have to suck it up to not get lumped in with gamersgate, who are the worst?

If his voice is recognizable as Lincoln, it really will bug me.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    From the demo Lincoln doesn't sound like Wil Wheaton. It doesn't sound like my stereotypical mental image of Lincoln's voice either, but he is definitely doing a performance and not just trying to sound like his internet/tv persona.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I really want to like this, but the gameplay itself feel really awkward and clunky. It's like playing a lesser Valkyria Chronicles, only they had to strip it down to make it work for a handheld.

Like, the setting and everything is great, but I am just not a fan of 3D movement on the 3DS.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I really want to like this, but the gameplay itself feel really awkward and clunky. It's like playing a lesser Valkyria Chronicles, only they had to strip it down to make it work for a handheld.

Like, the setting and everything is great, but I am just not a fan of 3D movement on the 3DS.

It took a bit for it to click to me but personally I like the gameplay far more than the gameplay in Valkyria Chronicles, especially because the resource system and the overwatch system really emphasizes working as a team, mutual support, overlapping fields of fire, etc.

While Valkyria Chronicles was just spam all your orders on your over powered units and win.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    getting more of a team feel is definitely what put Xcom over VC for me, but for this game sitting there and waiting so long every single turn for enemy moves is such a turnoff

• Options
    I really do thing the customization options will make up for the game's flaws

Also, has anyone tested whether or not the enemy turn processes faster on a New 3DS? I feel like they have been going by faster but it might just be because i've played it so much.