As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NFL Super Bowl XLIX: Lick the Gun

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Educated in Texas, eh?

Now now.

The public schools in Texas may be a mess of propaganda, but their Universities are pretty damn nice.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Educated in Texas, eh?

The funny thing is, I don't think we ever would have realized it if not for the team raffle. One of the prizes is an autographed Shane Lechler Texans jersey. And we were like, why Shane Lechler? That seems pretty random. And then a lightbulb went on over my wife's head and she googled a picture of him, and as I saw it I was all "Hey why is Coach Shane wearing a Texans jersOOOHHHHHHH."

He's a super cool guy though. Very down to earth, and our daughter likes him a lot. I feel kind of dumb now though that I've had several conversations with him and had no idea who he was. It'd be weird now to suddenly bring up that I'm a big fan of his.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Well, it would be weird to admit to anybody you're a fan of a punter.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Educated in Texas, eh?

The funny thing is, I don't think we ever would have realized it if not for the team raffle. One of the prizes is an autographed Shane Lechler Texans jersey. And we were like, why Shane Lechler? That seems pretty random. And then a lightbulb went on over my wife's head and she googled a picture of him, and as I saw it I was all "Hey why is Coach Shane wearing a Texans jersOOOHHHHHHH."

He's a super cool guy though. Very down to earth, and our daughter likes him a lot. I feel kind of dumb now though that I've had several conversations with him and had no idea who he was. It'd be weird now to suddenly bring up that I'm a big fan of his.

Ask him if it's true that JJ Watt hunts and kills a bear with his bare hands every day during the off season.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular

You... aren't wrong.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

Exception: Pat McAfee.

Totally awesome.

First punter to ever recover his own onside kick.

GIF link in spoiler.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Or Jon Ryan, because he tweets stuff like this:

admanb on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    That is a sweet freaking play on his part.

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Jon Ryan is awesome.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    The Patriots once picked up a pot smoker who turned out to be a great tight end.
    In fairness, he's also a murderer, so yeah, maybe not the best endorsement.

<insert "killer pick" joke here>

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    And Laurence Tynes is suing Tampa Bay over being a plague-ridden hellhole from which his career never escaped.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    And Laurence Tynes is suing Tampa Bay over being a plague-ridden hellhole from which his career never escaped.

That should probably be a class action suit.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So, from the "this is what real fucking journalism looks like" desk, ProPublica, SI, and the New Orleans Advocate team up to look into exactly how police enabled sexual predator and serial rapist Darren Sharper.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So, from the "this is what real fucking journalism looks like" desk, ProPublica, SI, and the New Orleans Advocate team up to look into exactly how police enabled sexual predator and serial rapist Darren Sharper.

Yeah I read that earlier and I was like "Man I watch Law and Order and I knew they should be doing all that."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    His hair will play two more seasons.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

-b258b38da20c8016.jpg

Browns-uniform-nine-combos.04-14-15.jpg

maybe this will be our year. . .

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Clemson's?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well we're named after Paul Brown anyway so.

really really like the dark brown jerseys

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    The Cleveland Browns

Now more orange!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Nine combinations.

Fuck you, Oregon.

• Options
    I can't find anything about when they will wear the different combinations though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

but... you're talking about Cleveland

is this some kind of joke due?

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Well we're named after Paul Brown anyway so.

really really like the dark brown jerseys

Is it brown? All I'm seeing is black and orange like my high school.

They should probably sue the Browns for infringement.

The Browns are worse than random wisconsin high school football team, is what I'm saying.

• Options
    Apparently Rivers would rather retire than play in LA.
    As the San Diego Chargers continue to do their due diligence on Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota, a new reality has emerged for the franchise. We have been told exclusively by two sources inside Chargers headquarters that quarterback Philip Rivers has not been shy in telling people he would rather retire than move to Los Angeles with the team.

We have been told that the actual city of Los Angeles isn’t the issue, but Rivers has no desire to uproot his family for a few years to play there. Rivers and his wife Tiffany have seven children and they have a great life in San Diego. He has no desire to play in a city without them and he’s not going to move them. If the Chargers were definitely going to be in San Diego for the long-term, Rivers would have already worked out a contract extension with the franchise. As it stands now, he is playing out the final year of his deal and will see what happens with the team’s stadium deal.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Seven kids?????????????????

• Options
    rivers run deep?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    He's roman catholic.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    He's roman catholic.

Oh, then he's behind the game, my grandparents on my dad's side had 14 children not including miscarriages. Get going Rivers.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Aaron Hernandez guilty, life in prison without parole.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Aaron Hernandez guilty, life in prison without parole.

Well, the sentencing hasn't occurred yet, has it?

• Options
    That's automatically what the penalty is for first degree murder conviction there.

• Options
    As the San Diego Chargers continue to do their due diligence on Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota, a new reality has emerged for the franchise. We have been told exclusively by two sources inside Chargers headquarters that quarterback Philip Rivers has not been shy in telling people he would rather retire than move to Los Angeles with the team.

We have been told that the actual city of Los Angeles isn’t the issue, but Rivers has no desire to uproot his family for a few years to play there. Rivers and his wife Tiffany have seven children and they have a great life in San Diego. He has no desire to play in a city without them and he’s not going to move them. If the Chargers were definitely going to be in San Diego for the long-term, Rivers would have already worked out a contract extension with the franchise. As it stands now, he is playing out the final year of his deal and will see what happens with the team’s stadium deal.

...because commuting isn't an option?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Good news! Crabtree finally agrees to a 1-year deal with Oakland. This means the Niners get a compensation pick for him. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Seven kids?????????????????

Rivers for all his dorky face and his stupid way of being good one week and horrible the next, is apparently a really nice family man and just generally good person. Sure he's got no fashion sense, but eh I like that he's loyal to San Diego enough to not want to uproot his family and move to LA just to chase the twilight of his career. Good on you lazer face.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I've never liked Philip Rivers the quarterback. But goddamnit if he isn't one of my favorite midweek interviews. Dude is psyched about football.

• Options
    I've never liked Philip Rivers the quarterback. But goddamnit if he isn't one of my favorite midweek interviews. Dude is psyched about football.

I like him because his name sounds like an irrigation tactic.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    The Rivers/Cutler rivalry when Cutler was in Denver was secretly the best QB rivalry, because they HATED each other so goddamn much and it was amazing.

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Good news! Crabtree finally agrees to a 1-year deal with Oakland. This means the Niners get a compensation pick for him. :)

Huh.

• Options

...because commuting isn't an option?

100 miles, both ways, every day.