As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NFL Super Bowl XLIX: Lick the Gun

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    yeah it's like

i really don't care about deflate gate at all and think it's all a whole joke

but i also don't feel bad for the patriots no matter what their punishment is

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Let us all take a moment to somberly remember that goodell never turned over his personal phone during the Mueller report

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular

That is an impressive middle finger to this whole thing. :rotate:

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    How was Stephen A Smith... right about something....

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    How was Stephen A Smith... right about something....

A broken clock and all that

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Brady suspension upheld - what a joke. On to court, let's make this take a full calendar year

Keep pounding that table, Rog.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Yeah it was basically "I'm not going to give this to you. I will literally destroy it. Fuck this witch hunt"

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    My question is why the fuck did goodell need to deliberate on Tom Brady breaking his phone for two months

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Goodell is literally claiming this is the worst thing that a player has ever done in the history of the NFL.

This is a league in which a Hall of Fame running back literally gambled on games.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    PantsB wrote: »

Yeah it was basically "I'm not going to give this to you. I will literally destroy it. Fuck this witch hunt"
    It was also incredibly stupid to, ya know, destroy evidence that would have proved his innocence

unless it wouldn't have

So is Brady stupid and vindictive?

Or smart and a cheater?

Your choice Pats fans.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah lets not focus on stephen a smith being right, because I don't want to live in that world, I already do and its scary enough.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    yeah it's like

I think it's even better that apparently the local Boston sports media is apparently eating themselves discussing long term "legacy" implications for Tom Brady.

This truly is the gift that keeps on giving to all us Patriot haters.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

It was also incredibly stupid to, ya know, destroy evidence that would have proved his innocence

unless it wouldn't have

Or smart and a cheater?

Your choice Pats fans.

How would it have proved his innocence? They declared him guilty without it. If his cell phone had nothing incriminating they still would have.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    yeah it's like

I think it's even better that apparently the local Boston sports media is apparently eating themselves discussing long term "legacy" implications for Tom Brady.

They really aren't

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Unless it's like, local sports radio, in which case who even listens to local sports radio in any location

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    This is like the worst ground hogs day ever, months more complaints from the super bowl champs fans.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    This is like the worst ground hogs day ever, months more complaints from the super bowl champs fans.

Do you know how rare it is to be able to feel slighted and also be champions

It's the best

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I'm just glad the Seahawks blew it because this would be really lame if we had lost too

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

It's the best

It's like asshole christmas in boston. Like when red sox fans were complaining the next year after their world series win because the team wasn't good...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    yeah it's like

They really aren't

Someone made a comment here indicating that that seemed to be the case. But, it could have very easily been some random local station trying like crazy to fill time.

• Options

It's the best

It's like asshole christmas in boston. Like when red sox fans were complaining the next year after their world series win because the team wasn't good...

That was just bizarre though
    We had basically the same team last year as the one that won! And they stunk like poop

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Inside Linebacker coach.

Well, intern.

Way to commit, Arizona.

• Options

It's the best

That was just bizarre though
    We had basically the same team last year as the one that won! And they stunk like poop

It doesn't matter when you won the year before! There are rules to complaining about shit! Like hawks fans can't complain until they start paul mcguire's son.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular

What's more impressive is that he sent over 10,000 texts in 4 months? Jesus... that's high school teen texting right there!

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Sent or received.

• Options
    Still, that's insane.

• Options
    NFL Network is trying to argue that Brady owes it to his teammates to not take it to court. Joke ass mouthpiece.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    The assistant in question, caught red-handed!

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Sent or received.

That is 83 texts sent or received a day in average. I can't even imagine pulling half that.

• Options
    At least we know that Tom Brady texts like a made up hollywood teen ager. Finally something to fault the fucker with.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    yeah it's like

They really aren't

Someone made a comment here indicating that that seemed to be the case. But, it could have very easily been some random local station trying like crazy to fill time.
    That was probably me. There has been a decent amount of that talk from the local radio shows, but even more from the people calling in where they have been talking legacy and such; in fact, they're doing it right now. I'm that loser that listens to local sports radio shows, primarily to listen to hockey stuff... and also on days like this where I'm doing a jig in my mind while keeping my mouth shut at my desk (don't want to piss off the co-workers)

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Sent or received.

That is 83 texts sent or received a day in average. I can't even imagine pulling half that.

I would imagine he receives more than he sends, but he's got a wife and 3 kids, an agent, and coaches, and that was in the time period leading up to the playoffs and the god damn superbowl. He's people who knows people. After they won, I'm sure his phone nearly melted down. ~80 a day doesn't seem unreasonable for someone who spends a shitload of time traveling, on the road, in hotels, away from family, and conducting the business of being a rich-ass athlete.

Cog on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Yeah, the agent stuff is the first thing that came to mind, followed by Bunchen blasts of where to eat for dinner that night and football emojis.

I do admire ESPN for running with this so much I straight up quit watching their network entirely.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Edit: Oh wow he will go to court for it? After he knowingly destroyed evidence? Good luck with that

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    If you have Giselle on the other side of the text window, you don't stop replying.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    At this point I kind of hope that the NFL asks for more of a punishment if a court does actually take the case. Which based off of the level of proof the NFL needs and that he destroyed evidence it should get thrown out and laughed at.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular

unless it wouldn't have

Or smart and a cheater?

Your choice Pats fans.

If it was the police, and I know it's not the police it's the NFL, couldn't they still get those texts through the phone company?

• Options
    I've never understood why he couldn't just erase texts then give them the phone

What could they have done

So why bother even asking for it nfl..

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Tommatt wrote: »

unless it wouldn't have

Or smart and a cheater?

Your choice Pats fans.

If it was the police, and I know it's not the police it's the NFL, couldn't they still get those texts through the phone company?

Yes.

It's the NFL that doesn't want to go this route. They already have the data from the two employees phones. What are they expecting? That he texts his wife 'I totes underflated game balls! C0LTZSUXZORS!!!!111!111``1`1`'?

Alex Rodriguez backed down because he had nothing. Brady is making moves to go through with this. I have a harder time believing that his phone had anything incriminating toward this specific issue.

Rog is betting hard that Brady is bluffing. He's fucked otherwise.