As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Two Best Friends Play] Video Games and I Like to Watch Them

WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPEDRegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in Social Entropy++
SbynkIy.png

The two best friends are a Youtube LP duo composed of best friends Woolie and Pat. They play lots of the video games together! There are these other two guys but we don't talk about them as much, but the four of them together are the SUPER BEST FRIENDS.

They have their own website where you can look at pretty much all of their content! The Machinima stuff still has to be watched on Youtube, though.

Originally the Two Best Friends Play premiered on Youtube's Machinima umbrella. They still post short-form LP videos there, with a focus on the comedies. Here's an early vid to get you acquainted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRgRzBiGrY

They also do lots of long-form LPs where they break down the different parts of the games they're playing! These are also good to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD-rgHP7RdE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCHognIiqLU

Every week they have a Friday Night Fisticuffs where the whole gang gets together to play a fighting game or other competitive game and that's usually pretty fun too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWnLO9KnOyo

The Best Friends are fun to watch and always putting up new content. Here's a place you can talk about them!

dN0T6ur.png
Wyborn on

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I made this thread because @SCREECH OF THE FARG wouldn't

These guys put up some good videos. I think Pat is the heart of most of the good dynamics they have going because he really, really appreciates some of the games they play. Try that Revengeance video up there. As they progress through the game he just gets so unbelievably happy at how it plays and how the systems intersect.

But he also has deep, deep hatred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA_VUoePgrc

They all have something they bring to the table, though.

THeir current playthroughs include Super Mario RPG, (Pat and Liam) Silent Hill 2, (Matt and Pat) and No More Heroes: One of the Editions (just Matt)

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    I love these guy's I basically only watch them and the game grumps for my let's play's
    Them in Japan was pretty awesome, seeing Pat hate on deer and Woolie call out for a fight in the suicide forest was the best.

Also Liam senpai <3

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    http://youtu.be/WVYSjbpzj-k

@Hobnail though it kinda has lots of spoilers

I also love their play through of I Have No Mouth

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Me and @SilverWind have been watching the LP of Walking Dead Season 2

She absolutely hates the Walking Dead as a setting, wants nothing to do with it. Wouldn't even watch me play the first season even though it was super good! So watching these two goof around and yell at Nick is pretty much the perfect way for us to experience the game together.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    You might think the super best refers to how good of friends they are, but imo it just describes these guys in general. 3/4s of them coming from an Actual Games Industry profession gives them insight you don't get from practically any other lp crew. And the other 1/4 is a leprechaun which also are hard to come by

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    http://superbestfriendcast.libsyn.com
    They also do a podcast which is also really good

http://youtu.be/JJLUwLafvDg
    Just look at that intro, it's great

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I like listening to Pat the most, but Matt always strikes me as the hardest worker in the colossal effort it takes to keep the LP machine churning

It's funny how spiteful they are in the Walking Dead 2 LP, which makes the game just ridiculous enough to be bearable

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    tumblr_my2gio0pZS1seinwjo1_500.jpg

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    The current Silent Hill 2 series is super good. Pat's insight into why that game is still incredible is super on point.

I didn't really like them originally when I only knew about their short, schtick-y videos, but I think it was Silent Hill: Downpour that I first watched one of their longer-form series, mostly because I was curious about Downpour itself, and hearing them actually talk instead of just hearing the hype/wacky bits cut together gave me an appreciation for their ability to intelligently discuss game design.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    I quite like their Silent Hill 2 playthrough--been watching it with my sister as episodes come out. I'm real bummed that they only have one episode of SH3 from way back when, and if they go back to play it then I hope to god it's (Pat?) behind the controls

nothing more painful to watch than a Let's Play where the player is bad

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Yeessss two best friends has a sister thread and game grumps doesn't

Suck it game grumps thread.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Yeessss two best friends has a sister thread and game grumps doesn't

Suck it game grumps thread.

I spent a really long time wondering if I should make the OP into one where Pat is "Grump" and Matt is "Not So Grump"

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The fact that no one has linked Charles Barkley shut up and jam gaiden is saddening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNc9R1zfwM0

Botznoy on
    IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    About time we got a 2BF thread

I used to watch these guys' machinima videos, then forgot about them for a while, then their dark souls 2 videos (not the full LP) got me back into them/made me finally check out their LPs, so I've been watching a good amount of those this year

the prison break one has probably been my favorite so far, D4 was also excellent though I didn't watch all of it cos I want to play it myself someday

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I like the ones where they play bad games, because Pat's suffering sustains me.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Machwing wrote: »
    I quite like their Silent Hill 2 playthrough--been watching it with my sister as episodes come out. I'm real bummed that they only have one episode of SH3 from way back when, and if they go back to play it then I hope to god it's (Pat?) behind the controls

I dunno the Fire Axe Moment of downpour was worth all of Matt's running around in circles

I would like to see a proper SH3 playthrough though, that's my favorite silent hill

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Pat sucks!
    Because he didn't go to MagFest.

Too bad he doesn't love his fans as much as the rest of the Best Friends Zaibatsu does!

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I can't be the only one who likes Senpai the best, can I?

EDIT: See, Geth knows what's up.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular

I dunno the Fire Axe Moment of downpour was worth all of Matt's running around in

I would like to see a proper SH3 playthrough though, that's my favorite silent hill

Sometimes I just start thinking about the fire axe and laugh for a while, out of the blue.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »

I dunno the Fire Axe Moment of downpour was worth all of Matt's running around in

Sometimes I just start thinking about the fire axe and laugh for a while, out of the blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50HjAk5gRDY

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular

I used to watch these guys' machinima videos, then forgot about them for a while, then their dark souls 2 videos (not the full LP) got me back into them/made me finally check out their LPs, so I've been watching a good amount of those this year

the prison break one has probably been my favorite so far, D4 was also excellent though I didn't watch all of it cos I want to play it myself someday

The dark souls 2 video where woolie comes away loving it and Matt comes away detesting it was really good

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »

The dark souls 2 video where woolie comes away loving it and Matt comes away detesting it was really good

This actually got me to play the first Dark Souls

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    The thing that really sets the TBF apart from other LPers is that they're always willing to give credit where credit is due, and show genuine enthusiasm toward games that most other commentators would immediately write off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svrdjTYSg8

I am buying the shit out of this game when it hits Steam.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Can we mention other LPers here? Because the Spoiler Warning group deserves mention too.

http://youtu.be/tj5lWpZ0MDk
    http://youtu.be/zkoHJ5Ok1A8
    http://youtu.be/ugcu5yQKLZU

• Options
    oh man, that's totally the train video i was trying to find again all those giant bomb threads ago and couldn't remember the name of

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i like these guys but their lp style borders on SHOUTING A LOT so I can't always handle them

what's their better stuff, preferably with less shouting

• Options
    They usually shout out of enthusiasm.

Which I can get behind.

• Options
    I do too! But the sheer volume of the shouting is a bit much sometimes

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    i like these guys but their lp style borders on SHOUTING A LOT so I can't always handle them

If you want less shouting, look at any of their long-form stuff

Try the Heavy Rain or Revengeance playthroughs

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I have no mouth and I must scream is super good. Chill and laid back

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    The current Silent Hill 2 LP is worth checkin out Hullis

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

If you want less shouting, look at any of their long-form stuff

Try the Heavy Rain or Revengeance playthroughs

Basically, the more spectacular or anime something is, the more they'll shout.

• Options
    noted

also I got EDF because of you, misc

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I do too! But the sheer volume of the shouting is a bit much sometimes

As someone who hates a lot of internet shouting I can understand. But somehow these guys found a way to not annoy me with it.

I love how they just fanboy gush without restraint over Guilty Gear XRD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_DJMDFv33c

"I love you, Faust! You're so fucking cool!!!!"

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    I don't get why they hate Heavy rain so much though.

Am I the only person that loved the shit out of that game?

• Options
    I don't get why they hate Heavy rain so much though.

Am I the only person that loved the shit out of that game?

Pat had something like a grudging affection for Heavy Rain that rankled a lot after he played it a second time and the veneer of choice fell apart

The one they hate is Beyond: Two Souls

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.