As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] It Hurts, It Heals, It Toasts! Get your Bread Death™ today!

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Is this for PA or PA2?

Oh, sorry. I think of them as being the same thing, basically. I guess I was referring to PA, not PA2. But I'm going to open ~30 slots tonight between the two of them (and I'll update the OP and post about it when I do).

Edit: This is not a great TotP.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    It's a good one. There will be no confusion later. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    If clans served any function at all, I would think k about migrating to Pax Arcadia. I kind of enjoy being one of two people in the Georges McFly.

• Options
    rockurcradlerockurcradle Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Hi all,
    Im new to this forum and was seeking out help for Raids...never done any 1 of them(VOG or TDB) sad because my timings to play game are very odd. Im not that good with Destiny yet and would love to make friends and learn better.

id - rockurcradle
    Available from 7pm EST to 10pm EST

rockurcradle on
    I own:
    -->PS1-grey, PS2-black and PS4-white
    -->PSP-the very first fat lady
    -->Sega game gear and Nintendo game boy

Oh Yeah!!!

**PSN-rockurcradle
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    What system @rockurcradle

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    If you're an achievement-hunter, there is one for completing a raid activity in an all-clan group.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    heh

finally got the Super Good Advice bounty

only took 6 months

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    So last night my brother msgs me about possibly doing a Vault of Glass run. Considering he had just run it for the first time the previous night (Monday, just before reset), I was impressed at his enthusiasm. We grabbed some randoms and hopped into it. It was my first time running the full raid as a Hunter.

It was rough, folks.

It was also pretty damn fun. Of the six of us, only three of us had mics. So we three all talked and conversed about tactics and calling out targets while everyone worked together. We got into the Vault after a little delay (my fault), got through the confluxes and oracles with little issue, and burned the Templar down after a few tries. Gorgon maze slowed us but we all followed one of the guys who didn't have a mic, which was interesting in that we had to interpret his behavior to guide us on when to run, stay still or what have you. But it was fairly smooth. Jumping puzzle was no problem.

And then we hit the throne of glass.

I will say that I was surprised how quickly we got through the Gatekeepers. With one of the guys giving guidance and running the first relic, it took us a couple tries to prevail. But Atheon?

Atheon bitched us for an hour at least. I have to admit that up until this run, I've always tried to just shoot oracles when sent into the timestream. But over and over I'm watching guys get picked off mid air by hobgoblins on Mars or run the wrong damn way out of the portal and to the side of the room instead of to the center to make the shield barrier...over and over and over.

It got to the point where I'm trying to tell my brother, probably the newest player on our team, how to run the relic just in case he's transported so that we don't have to let the lowest level member of our team grab it, a guy who knew what to do but couldn't withstand the blasts of energy he was taking.

Something snapped.

I said "screw it" and held down square everytime I was timestreamed. I hammered my lunge button, and my jump+lunge combo. I ran back to the guys taking out oracles and cleansed repeatedly, yelling at them to move move move forward, let's go let's go. I call out which direction we need to turn as we run out of the portal. And I hold that shield down to 0:00.

And still we run into issues. But finally, finally things are turning around. We can all see it's getting better. Our titan starts dropping a shield in back of the center area, giving us all a place to fall back to under cover once the relic goes down.

And I keep grabbing the relic.

I don't even care about Atheon's health. All I am focused on is relic bash, ground smash, find that giant on Venus and kill him first, turn right/left and jump to the middle and HOLD THE SHIELD SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM 4 SECONDS RUN RUN RUN.

And then the dreaded "Your controller is about to die" message pops up right as I jump into the center. It's been a good run, I know it, and gods damn it I am NOT letting physical reality keep us from victory.

I hold that shield button down with one hand as I scramble to find my charging cable. I plug it in, barely hearing my brother saying "He's almost down!"

I look up, my wireless controller now tethered to my PS3, ready to duck back under cover as the timer must be at zero by now...and I see Atheon burning into ash.

And for a brief moment I feel like a goddamn Legend.

That feeling passed quickly...it was only normal mode after all. But I finally tried something I'd never done before. In the few runs into the Vault I've done in the past, I've always been hesitant to step up for relic duty.

Now I want to bring the Templar down, burst his shield like an bubble. Now I want to run into Hard Mode Atheon and help my teammates burn the bastard to the ground over and over and over.

It was a minor thing in the long run, a simple jaunt into content long since conquered by many others. And maybe I didn't earn any weapon or item I really wanted. Except now I feel like a raider.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Running the Relic is the best and I don't think I can ever Vault without doing it again.

• Options

PS4/PSN - rockurcradle

I own:

Oh Yeah!!!

**PSN-rockurcradle
  • Options

PS4/PSN - rockurcradle

Expect a friend request from MagnusxThexRed in the foreseeable future

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    so silly question.. I have made it to Level 24 and have no idea what to do next. Looking at better gear from Vendors it looks like the grind is pretty insane. Any advise from anyone?

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    If clans served any function at all, I would think k about migrating to Pax Arcadia. I kind of enjoy being one of two people in the Georges McFly.

Oh, that's fine. It's not like it absolutely breaks my heart or anything. :(

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    I'm so sorry @Vagabond .. You've had to watch me land 3 Gjallarhorns while it just won't drop for you. :( RNG sucks most of the time.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Disco11 wrote: »
    so silly question.. I have made it to Level 24 and have no idea what to do next. Looking at better gear from Vendors it looks like the grind is pretty insane. Any advise from anyone?

Do you have The Dark Below DLC? If so, start Eris' stuff until you unlock the urn quest. On Friday, get the urn from Xur, grab a buddy and clear it by Sat (Xur has to be around towards the end). Get +33 light legendary gauntlets.

EDIT: also hoard coins so you can buy an exotic piece of armor from Xur this weekend.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Marikir wrote: »
    *snip*

And for a brief moment I feel like a goddamn Legend.

This is what it's all about, Mar. Congrats on an amazing run. Way to get in the zone and power through for the victory.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

Getting vendor marks and rep can look like a big grind, but firstly you could make it go faster by grinding a faction instead (banking both vanguard and crucible rep into one lump source), but I find it's not as much of a strain as it seems to earn Vanguard rep/marks. Getting Gold in public events, hitting the strike playlist, doing Patrol missions and bounties, they'll tick up nicely if you do them regularly. It helps if you've got a couple of people to play with, but it shouldn't take long for you to afford some Legendary stuff.

My specific advice would be to patrol the Cosmodrome with some appropriate bounties, open up the Destiny Public Event Tracker on a phone or nearby PC, and just cruise around hitting the events, taking missions from beacons as you go (ideally the 'kill stuff and collect stuff' ones marked with a triangle-based pyramid, or the 'just kill a bunch of stuff' ones which are a.. square surrounded by smaller squares, I think).

forumsig.png
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

Not a silly question at all, that's what the community is here for.

Yeah, I'm assuming you have all blue armor? I'm afraid the journey from Rare to Legendary armor is indeed a bit of a grind. But it's worth it, since the most fun content in the game (Raids, Nightfalls, totally baws Legendary and Exotic gear) becomes available once you hit the neighborhood of Level 28-30.

So, yes, do what @jefe414 said, and that will get you decent gauntlets and an Exotic. (I think Exotic armor is usually 13 Strange Coins?) Other than that, start working on earning Vanguard and/or Crucible marks, so you can get two more Legendary pieces. Unless you really, really love the Crucible, I suggest Vanguard Marks, as they are easier to obtain. You can get these by doing the Strike playlists, Daily Heroic Story missions, and Public Events. (Remember you can only earn 100 per week, with a total inventory cap of 200.)

Gauntlets and boots cost 75 Marks apiece, and helmets and chest armor are 120 Marks plus a Commendation. Commendations are earned by passing Rank 3 in Reputation with a vendor, so while you're out earning Marks, you'll also want to be earning rep via bounties, Strike playlists, and Patrols.

If I were you, my daily routine would be to do the Daily Heroic every day to earn some Marks and Rep, grab some Bounties from the Tower, then hit either Strike playlists or destinypublicevents.com and defend 'dem Warsats. (Note that Strikes will often award engrams, and if you're lucky the Cryptarch will give you a good Legendary.)

awsimo on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Awesome! Do the weekly heroics count for marks also?

Here is my dude so you guys can see what I am talking about.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018446761970/2305843009275482107#gear

Will try and burn though the dark below stuff then trey and grab some PA peeps here to do Xur this weekend.

Thanks for the help folks!

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

Will try and burn though the dark below stuff then trey and grab some PA peeps here to do Xur this weekend.

I'm pretty sure you get marks from the weekly heroics as well. I know you get Rep, definitely. If you do the concentrate on faction thing, be sure to equip it before it ends.

Looking over your character, I'd look into replacing your arms first. Those seem to be where your lowest light happens to be. If you can do the Urn quest as suggested, you'll get a big boast to your effective level.

One thing to consider: If you do concentrate on a Faction, you will need Crucible marks to buy their gear. So, getting rep by doing Vanguard stuff is fine, but you'll need to PVP it up to get the marks you can spend with your chosen faction. Otherwise, you'll need to just level up Vanguard on it's own. Eventually, you'll want to get level 3 on Crucible, Vanguard, and a faction if not all of them.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

man I miss the days of such enthusiasm! *sobs and longs*

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    That's true, I knew I was forgetting something in saying about earning faction rep.
    It's tremendously dumb to me that factions can accrue both crucible and vanguard rep, but only accept Crucible marks and commendations as currency. Left me with a tonne of Vanguard marks that I couldn't spend because of no Vanguard commendations, and a tonne of faction rep that I couldn't do anything with because of no cash.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    You get marks from the weekly heroic. I know at level 30 difficulty it's 10. Not sure about the lower ones.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    This conversation reminds me that I still haven't done the Urn Quest's last step. I should do that tonight, maybe.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    This conversation reminds me that I still haven't done the Urn Quest's last step. I should do that tonight, maybe.

Yeah, I finished that the other night, just to get Eris' blinky green marker thing to stop pestering me at the Tower. Of course, I already had Raid gauntlets, so I immediately sharded that Acolyte Rung.

@Disco11, what's your system/tag?

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    So, I just picked up a PS4 last week, along with Destiny. I'm up to level 21, I guess? I'm not really certain I understand how this Light system works. Is 20 basically the max level, but then Light increases your effective level, or something? Is it like ILvl in WoW, basically? Anyway, it says I'm 21 now, and I'm absolutely busting my ass to get my Vanguard rep up so I can start unlocking those items. Seems like a huge grind, but I guess I've only been playing for a few days. It isn't a big deal.

If anyone wants to play sometime, hit me up. My PSN tag is milk_ducks.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    darleysam wrote: »
    It's tremendously dumb to me that factions can accrue both crucible and vanguard rep, but only accept Crucible marks and commendations as currency. Left me with a tonne of Vanguard marks that I couldn't spend because of no Vanguard commendations, and a tonne of faction rep that I couldn't do anything with because of no cash.

Ugh, yes. I'd love to outfit my Guardian in Future War Cult hotness, but I play very little Crucible, and the idea of grinding out 390 Crucible marks is unappealing.

It also makes zero sense that I would get a Crucible Commendation for running Patrols and story-based bounties.

awsimo on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    if you don't enjoy crucible you shouldn't join a faction

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the biggest problem with them enabling buying ressources was removing buying marks.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options

I need the last part of the urn quest on my hunter so if your on ps4 I can help

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

I think others covered it well, Here's a summary:
    1. Do Eris questline for Gauntlets. It'll also help once you're raiding for Crota mats.
    2. Get some Strange Coins from the Heroics and Strikes. You'll need 13 to buy armor from Xur (7 more to get a shard and make it fully upgraded)
    3. Get an Exotic Armor piece (not Gauntlets) from Xur
    4. Focus on Vanguard rep if you're doing PvE. If you do PvE and leveling a faction you'll be left with Vanguard Marks but Faction rep and be unable to buy anything.

Should easily get you to 27. Once you're 27, try to get others to help complete the Nightfall/Weekly Heroic/Crota for some easy loot.

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    milk ducks wrote: »
    So, I just picked up a PS4 last week, along with Destiny. I'm up to level 21, I guess? I'm not really certain I understand how this Light system works. Is 20 basically the max level, but then Light increases your effective level, or something? Is it like ILvl in WoW, basically? Anyway, it says I'm 21 now, and I'm absolutely busting my ass to get my Vanguard rep up so I can start unlocking those items. Seems like a huge grind, but I guess I've only been playing for a few days. It isn't a big deal.

Yeah, you've basically got the gist of it. You "max" at Level 20, but armor has a separate stat called "Light" that raises your level past 20 (to a current max of 32). Rare (blue) armor will only get you to Level 26, so you're on the right track, working towards some Legendary (purple) armor.

Legendary Vanguard/Crucible/Faction armor has a max of 33 Light per piece, allowing you to reach Level 31. Exotic armor, Crota's End Raid armor, and certain Iron Banner armor have a max of 36 Light, allowing you to reach Level 32.

See some of the above responses to @Disco11 for the quickest ways to get high-end gear.

awsimo on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

I'll probably do the quest on my Warlock fri/sat just so I can finally get rid of that annoying exclamation mark over Eris' head if you want to team up.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I'll do strikes dailies etc. With anyone that wants, people here have been great helping me out do the same since I joined the group so I'd like to pass it on if anyone wants, it for me up to 28 really quickly

Psn is AHermano on PS4

PSN- AHermano
  • Options

I'll probably do the quest on my Warlock fri/sat just so I can finally get rid of that annoying exclamation mark over Eris' head if you want to team up.

I got that too over Eris's head for that Urn bounty I guess or if I remember correctly that is to Kill Urzok...I ldeleted that from my bounties so that I could pick up on IB...im game if you want....!

Il be on after 4hrs from now..still in office working :(

I own:

Oh Yeah!!!

**PSN-rockurcradle
  • Options
    Also wanted to check if you could stop getting exotic bounties, time after time i have to accept and delete them from bounty list...i dont want any more exotics than I already have lol

I own:

Oh Yeah!!!

**PSN-rockurcradle
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

man i hate that. i havent done the quest on any of my characters.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Also wanted to check if you could stop getting exotic bounties, time after time i have to accept and delete them from bounty list...i dont want any more exotics than I already have lol

I complete the duplicates or the exotic shard.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

You know that that's a free source of Exotic Shards right? If you're coin rich that may not matter to you, but with 10 bounty slots it isn't hard to do the Invective or Bad Juju bounties off in the background of everything else.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Is getting exotic bounties just luck based?

PSN- AHermano