As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rimworld] 7 year olds can wield firearms. Biotech released!

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    As we all suspected...

KKS5ubR.jpg

...Bob is a dick.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Dammit. I just had a zzzzt, even though the cable was running through a stone wall. The stone wall was beside my stash of artillery shells and my mortar.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Yeah the Zzzt... events can happen anywhere it seems, which is why some people just swear off batteries once they get to Geothermal power. I personally still feel they are useful, so end up just living with the events, but I've never had one explode next to shells... did they also explode?

• Options
    Yes. And I had 140 of them stockpiled too. And there were two colonists walking by at the time who were instantly vaporized. And then it made Mindy the Husky lose her mind too.
    Pic of the aftermath:
    E6E099B866A0120D0CFEC8C7A8591B55BFE134B1

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Short circuits are probably the most obnoxious events IMHO because there's nothing you can possibly do to prevent it, and since it completely drains all your connected batteries, it can end up doing a lot of damage to your colony.

Batteries are still useful though, especially when it comes to burst power consumption such as during a raid and you've engaged your turrets. Though you could probably make a valid argument that in those situations, you're better off using a bank of fuel generators and just flick them on for the duration since you REALLY don't want a short circuit during a raid.

Or, you could use a mod that allows you to mitigate the short circuits by installing a darn fuse. The fuse/circuit breakers still won't prevent a catastrophic complete discharge of your power reserves though, so isolating banks of batteries into multiple reserve tiers with switches or simply uninstalling them and leaving them in a stockpile are options for that problem. Uninstalling batteries has the additional side effect that they won't breakdown while uninstalled, chewing up a component to repair and destroying their charge in the process.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    So does anyone have a good list of mods?

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Takel wrote: »
    Short circuits are probably the most obnoxious events IMHO because there's nothing you can possibly do to prevent it, and since it completely drains all your connected batteries, it can end up doing a lot of damage to your colony.

Batteries are still useful though, especially when it comes to burst power consumption such as during a raid and you've engaged your turrets. Though you could probably make a valid argument that in those situations, you're better off using a bank of fuel generators and just flick them on for the duration since you REALLY don't want a short circuit during a raid.

Or, you could use a mod that allows you to mitigate the short circuits by installing a darn fuse. The fuse/circuit breakers still won't prevent a catastrophic complete discharge of your power reserves though, so isolating banks of batteries into multiple reserve tiers with switches or simply uninstalling them and leaving them in a stockpile are options for that problem. Uninstalling batteries has the additional side effect that they won't breakdown while uninstalled, chewing up a component to repair and destroying their charge in the process.

Fusebox mod is what I would consider a completely essential mod. It's absurd that you can have generators and solar power, but not the ability to keeps power surges from blowing things up with a simple fuse box.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Going to go down in no particular order, the mods that I feel make a pretty big impact on the game in terms of playability. I'm going to avoid everything that adds stuff that breaks fundamental 'balance'

Look at me, I'm the worker now - When you prioritise a colonist to do something, they will have priority over it. not some random person across the map who's reserved claim for it. And best yet, if they don't have that task type as their standard, they'll promote themselves for the duration of that task.

AC-Work Tab - Updates Fluffy's Work Tab for the A15 era. 9 levels of priorities for task category assignments and it'll also expose the detailed sub-tasks within a category for you to prioritise. If you want. This does mean you can have people put down floors, walls and other stuff, but not construct furniture because their skill is terrible. Or someone who'll talk to prisoners but not ferry them food. Or can plant crops but not harvest them etc... With great power comes great responsibility...

AC-Enhanced Crafting - Improves the Work Bill tabs. Allows you to designate individual works for bills amongst other things. So yes, you can have a skill level 1 cook doing all the meat chopping and kibble making but never actually touching the meal bills so they don't give everyone food poisoning. One important addition is integrated Crafting Hysteresis. You can designate a threshold point where a bill will reactivate. Example, you like to keep about 60 meals on hand at all times. However, you don't want your cook to immediately cook up 4 meals because it's after breakfast. So, you specify 60 meals as usual, but you specify a threshold point of 30 meals. So once the meal count drops below 30, THEN your cook goes off and whips up the meals until you hit 60.

Work Smarter - Makes the AI a little bit more intelligent in doing some menial work tasks. Like actually collecting the logs around the one they're targeting so they haul back almost a full load rather than make 50 trips carrying 2 logs each.

Refactored Work Priorities - Noticing a trend here? This is a very simple mod that rearranged some work task priorities so that removing roofs IS higher priority than tearing down the walls that support them. And placing roofs on a new building is more important than putting in lights.

Hand me that brick - This is an iffy one. It adds bringing construction materials to a construction site a task that haulers can perform. It drastically improves the efficiency of your builders and that efficiency boost IS potentially significant so your call...

Harsher Cold Snap - Hoarfrost + Harsher Heat Wave - Hyperthermia - Because I'm a damn masochist who likes those extreme weather events be REALLY dangerous

Extra Planning - Three more coloured planning overlays so you can plot out exactly how your colony SHOULD look. Until raiders blew up your constructor, kidnapped the cook and maimed the dog.

Wildlife Tab - It beats scanning the map looking for a rabbit to eat because you effed up and everyone is going to starve to death.

Colonist Bar - Improves the information overlays the colonist bar provides. Plus a few other things.

Trading Spot - A possibly iffy one. Lets you designate where those traders and other friendly NPCs will chill out when they visit your colony. So they're like... not hanging out in front of your turret line... Some people may see that as more of a design challenge than a question of the lack of intelligence on the part of the visitors

Increased Forest Density Base Version - It makes my preferred types of maps oh so much purdier. And a lot more difficult to work in because there's so many darn trees. Give it a shot.

Achtung! - Controlling your pawns has now become a lot less annoying.

Colony Manager - Lets your colony run itself a bit more with less micromanagement on your part.

Animals Tab - Improved animals tab that lets you manage them better without drilling down into their individual sheets.

PetFollow - Or NOT pet follow. because that pet Yorkshire Terrier has no place on the front lines during a raid where they can get shot to death hence causing massive grief to its bonded owner thereby perpetuating a tantrum spiral into your colonists ruin. All because that damn dog wasn't trained to Stay.

EdB Prepare Carefully - Rerolling your colonists for 30 minutes is not fun. With great power comes great responsibility etc etc.... Try not to break the game too hard. Yes it's tempting to make your starters uber godlike 20s in all packing the best gear etc.... but be reasonable.

Better Pathfinding - Exactly what it says on the tin. Smarter, more efficient pathfinding so your pawns don't trudge through a swamp because it's the shortest distance as the crow flies instead of taking a small detour into a path that has the lower time spent travelling...

Takel on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Good list, I don't like to break the base game very much so all I use is prepare carefully, but a lot of these fix some of the annoyances.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Stuff like that feels like it should plain be in the base game anyway. Anything that keeps colonists/animals from doing atrociously wasteful or suicidally stupid nonsense is pretty much just a fix to the rock-bottom dumb AI, and something like Prepare Carefully is a huge timesaver that it handily outweighs what the dev "intends" for the game experience. Not having to either spend ages randomly rolling for a decent starting group or launching with a group that inevitably has a couple near-useless colonists should not be something the player has to deal with.

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Crafting Hysteresis is a very handy mod to have. It allows you to automatically suspend "craft until you have x" bills until inventory hits a minimum threshold. As an example, you can have a bill that crafts until you have 25 fine meals, suspends the bill until you only have 10 left, then reactivates the bill.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Crafting Hysteresis is a very handy mod to have. It allows you to automatically suspend "craft until you have x" bills until inventory hits a minimum threshold. As an example, you can have a bill that crafts until you have 25 fine meals, suspends the bill until you only have 10 left, then reactivates the bill.

Superseded by AC-Enhanced Crafting. You gain the ability to designate colonists to specific bills, rename bills and still be able to set the minimum threshold as with Crafting Hysteresis.

• Options
    So who wants to guess when A16 is going to hit?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That is an impressive mod list. Some of those I do already have, but there are several I didn't know about and would have loved to have used in previous colonies (such as Crafting Hysteresis).

I also like Prepare Carefully, although more because I wanted designer colonies than I thought the vanilla way of getting colonists was bad. I truly do not recall ever having to spend a significant amount of time re-rolling to get decent colonists, but perhaps my standards are lower because I know that a) I'll get more colonists later, b) having people with flaws can be fun, and c) colonists can improve their skills later.

It's cool this game is so moddable though, which allows people to play how they want to.

• Options
  • Options
    I've been quietly waiting for this.

• Options
    I'm not all that quiet when I wait.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    A16 is officially available on the unstable branch. Raiding is a go!

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    I have been eagerly awaiting A16 as well! I'll wait until the full version is out, but man this is going to be awesome.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    So it sounds like going nomadic is a viable option now, which raises the interesting possibility of playing as a hunter-gatherer tribe that migrates between a few different sites and harvests/hunts everything before moving on without ever even building a farm. Migrating south for the winter or north for the summer is definitely something I'd consider as a tribal, given that heat management is so much more of a pain without air conditioning.

I'm not actually playing A16 yet since I'm waiting for the final version sans major bugs, but it looks like raiding faction bases actually is something you can do in real-time. I'd assumed it would be a case of sending a party off and getting a message like "We won, we killed three pirates, Jimmy died and Sandy lost a leg, and we got 200 silver as loot" later. Nope! The other faction's bases are actually procedurally generated, and you can command the assault yourself on their map. The bases look to be pretty bland at this point, but its still way more than I was expecting!

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Oh man, I can actively hunt for fresh produce?

The organ trade has never been brighter!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    So it sounds like going nomadic is a viable option now, which raises the interesting possibility of playing as a hunter-gatherer tribe that migrates between a few different sites and harvests/hunts everything before moving on without ever even building a farm. Migrating south for the winter or north for the summer is definitely something I'd consider as a tribal, given that heat management is so much more of a pain without air conditioning.

I'm not actually playing A16 yet since I'm waiting for the final version sans major bugs, but it looks like raiding faction bases actually is something you can do in real-time. I'd assumed it would be a case of sending a party off and getting a message like "We won, we killed three pirates, Jimmy died and Sandy lost a leg, and we got 200 silver as loot" later. Nope! The other faction's bases are actually procedurally generated, and you can command the assault yourself on their map. The bases look to be pretty bland at this point, but its still way more than I was expecting!

oooh.. can you setup your own siege gear and incendiary bomb the fuck outta them?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can send steel and ammo and stuff along with people.

You can also create drop pod launchers and drop people directly into the middle of their base

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Goodbye, tutorial village. We had a good run. If only that circuit had shorted in the middle of our wood storage facility, your five colonists may have survived.

• Options
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Goodbye, tutorial village. We had a good run. If only that circuit had shorted in the middle of our wood storage facility, your five colonists may have survived.

and your ID is very fitting

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Alpha 16 released! Spherical world, caravans, invading other factions, woo! Full changelog in the spoiler, but here's the highlight:
    Drug chemical effects are modulated by body size. So elephants need a lot of beer to get hammered; squirrels not so much.
    Change list:
    Spherical planet
    World map is now modeled as a sphere covered with hexagons (and a few pentagons).
    New map generation to make nicer mountain ranges, hill clusters, and continents.
    Nice backdrop with stars and sun.
    Time of day is modeled on the planet view; local time of day corresponds to how the sunlight hits the planet.
    Time zones are now modeled, out of necessity.
    New planet generation parameter: temperature. You can make worlds that are overall hotter or overall colder.
    New planet generation parameter: rainfall. You can make worlds where there is overall more or less precipitation.
    New biome: sea ice.
    Factions can now have many bases; non-player factions generate with lots of bases.
    Multiple simultaneous maps
    There can now be multiple local maps active at once. For example, you can have your colony running as well, as a group of soldiers attacking an enemy base, at the same time.
    The character bar at the top of the screen shows all of your colonists and allows you to change which map you’re looking at. It groups characters togehter by the map they’re on.
    You can settle multiple colonies at once. However, for balance and performance reasons, the default limit is one colony at a time. This can be increased in the options menu if you want to experiment, but we don’t recommend it.
    Caravans
    Player can now gather up groups of colonists, prisoners, and animals, and form caravans to travel across the world surface.
    Caravans are formed using a special “create caravan” dialog, which allows you to easily decide what people, animals, and items should be included in the caravan up to its carry weight limit. The colonists do the busywork.
    Caravans appear as units in the world map, where they can be ordered around similarly to drafted soldiers in the local map.
    Caravans can be ambushed by enemy factions or manhunting animals. This produces a temporary local map.
    Caravans can incidentally meet friendly traders and trade.
    Caravans can visit other faction bases and trade with them. Faction bases have more stock and better prices than traders who come and visit your colony.
    Caravans can attack faction bases. The game generates a simple faction base map with defenders and loot, and you raid it. If you defeat the defenders, you can move in and take over the base (for now, generated bases are quite simple.)
    Caravans can settle and form new colonies.
    You can abandon your bases to shift to new ones.
    Caravans move at different speeds depending on the biome, the time of year (cold biomes close off with the winter snows), local hilliness, the movement speeds of people in the caravan, and whether there are wounded to carry.
    It is possible to abandon people and items from caravans. Abandoning people will, depending on the context, produce sad thoughts from their friends and relatives, especially if you abandon them in circumstances that seem impossible to survive.
    Travel victory
    New game ending: A friendly person offers a ship, but it is distant, across the world map. If you travel there, you can escape the planet and complete the game. But, traveling there will take a long time and you’ll need to stop at various points to build up supplies or solve problems.
    Transport pods
    You can build transport pod launchers and transport pods. These let you launch their contents long distances across the world map, over oceans or mountains.
    Pods can be targeted on empty world tiles, to send a caravan of people and gear there.
    Pods can be targeted on enemy bases, where you can perform “drop-in” raids and drop right on top of the base, or drop outside it – just like raiders do to you!
    Pods can be targeted on existing combat maps or other bases you control. This allows you to do things like resupply an ongoing siege with artillery shells (just like raiders do when besieging you), reinforce a weak caravan that just got ambushed, or send supplies and people between two bases you control.
    Pods are loaded by selecting several and creating a “launch group”. An interface like that for creating caravans appears, allowing you to define what and who should be included. The colonists do the detail work.
    Transport pods require chemfuel, which can be bought, founded, drilled from the ground, or refined from wood or food using the new refinery building.
    Usability improvements
    New research screen! Research projects are laid out visually according to their dependencies in a left-to-right arrangement similar to the Civilization games. Modders need to manually place their projects, but if two overlap the game will automatically move them apart.
    Redesigned how medical system generates text feedback. Tooltips now contain much more information with less ambiguity. Wound tendings are now of any percentage quality (not just good/poor).
    Game now warns you when you order slaughter of a bonded animal (because of the mood impact).
    Added visual feedback thought bubbles for when pawns gain certain good and bad thoughts, so it’s easier to see when something just bothered or pleased them.
    Rich soil is darker in color and so easier to see.
    Added a “hold fire” toggle on drafted pawns that makes them not automatically shoot at enemies.
    In order to avoid annoying players by having animals always follow their masters, even into combat, players can configure when animals will follow their masters. There are two toggles: Follow while drafted, follow while hunting/taming
    Drugs and health
    Drug rebalance. Increase drug addictiveness in general. Drugs can now damage the body in various ways: Alcohol can cause brain damage or liver cirrhosis or liver cancer, smokeleaf can cause asthma or lung cancer, psychite can damage kidneys, wake-up and go-juice can damage the brain, and generalized overdoses can cause brain damage.
    Drugs are more lucrative on the market.
    Added a third toggle in drug policy saying whether you can use the drug to feed an addiction, separately from joy usage.
    There is now a random chance of a overdose when taking drugs, even if just taking one dose.
    Added a way to administer specific drugs to people, including prisoners, animals, and downed people. So you can give Luciferium to someone who needs it.
    Malari-block reworked into Penoxycyline, which prevents a wide variety of infections (not just malaria).
    Drug chemical effects are modulated by body size. So elephants need a lot of beer to get hammered; squirrels not so much.
    Luciferium occasionally heals old wounds/scars. Luciferium is harder to get (less of it in old shrines, higher prices).
    Stats now stack differently (more additive, less multiplying) to reduce some exploits.
    Misc
    Reworked surgery failure into three modes – minor, catastrophic, and ridiculous. Ridiculous hits all body parts, minor and catastrophic hit parts near the surgery site.
    Reworked trade prices across the board. Simplified trade price calculations and added rich tooltips to feed them back.
    The mood effects from room impressiveness have been redesigned and rebalanced. Characters now have consistently reasonable thoughts about the quality of their personal room, so there is a reason to make better rooms (though high-quality rooms aren’t absolutely necessary). Mood effects from eating in or convalescing in nice/poor rooms are also more reasonable and better-fed back.
    Rebalanced plant growth timings.
    UI can now be scaled to arbitrary scaling factors, for players who play in really high resolution.
    Rescued people (especially space refugees etc) should sometimes join the colony. If the environment isn’t survivable (e.g. bad temperature, toxic fallout) they should always join the colony.
    Animals carrying inventory now have visible packs on.
    Added new separate bills to stonecut each type of stone.
    Prisoners are now temporarily marked “guilty” when they do certain actions, like killing a colonist or attempting escape. Guilty prisoners can be executed without mood penalties.
    Faction names are now much more interesting and varied, and are separate from specific community names.
    New Peaceful difficulty mode, for players who just want to build stuff. Disables major involuntary threats like raids.
    Rename Megatherium -> Megasloth
    New alert: Unhappy nudity
    Backstories can be translated now
    New translation tool gives a readout of exactly what translation data remains to be written and what data is unused.
    Added proper chick peeping sounds.
    You can now only request one trader per 4 days from a faction.
    Colonists now get mood boosts for defeating big enemies or enemy faction leaders.
    Cleaning and harvesting jobs are now given in batches (more efficient and sensible AI).
    Default medical care for non-colonists is now herbal meds. Switches to best meds on recruit.
    Rebalanced most range weapons so more time is in cooldown and less is in aiming – especially for light weapons.
    Pawns generated below age 20 now have no adulthood backstory.
    Hundreds of other balance improvements, exploit solutions, AI improvements, and bugfixes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'll wait a week ro two for all my mods to update :surprised:

• Options
    Well I know what I am doing this afternoon.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    damnit @f3rret I saw the update in steam about the same time you posted, and got excited to post up the changelog and update the thread. You stole my fire :o

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular

That moment where I try to see how many mods I can deal without because the patch notes sound awesome....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »

That moment where I try to see how many mods I can deal without because the patch notes sound awesome....

How... how many mods are there? The only one I use is prepare carefully because I don't want to wear out my mouse getting functional colonists.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Konphujun wrote: »

How... how many mods are there? The only one I use is prepare carefully because I don't want to wear out my mouse getting functional colonists.

Many. And I need them all.

Some are just quality-of-life like allowing cooks to refuel stoves, or set defaults for who should get what type of medicine, or replacing destroyed walls automatically, others add features like the hospitality mod (my favourite), and various themed weapon/item packs. I personally enjoy the "Medieval Times" mod because it pads out the otherwise empty medieval tech level, and I find it kind of weird that you can just start researching electricity from scratch as a tribal society. I might have to "slum it" with vanilla for a while though because I'm impatient as fuck.

• Options
    Ugh I've been trying to get a new colony up and running but it's soooooo tedious in the beginning. I hate having a thousand jobs queued up and everything taking so long to get done.

Hopefully today we will be up and running and I can start to play with the new toys

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular

Not a ton for me! But I like the ones I have. Prepare Carefully is obviously the coolest, but I also like the "more vanilla turrets" that adds a couple of reasonably well balanced turret upgrades, aaand the one that lets you craft cyber implants because the trade system is (was, maybe with this update) really unpredictable and turning my colonists into cyborgs is a much more fun end goal than building a rocket.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Ugh I've been trying to get a new colony up and running but it's soooooo tedious in the beginning. I hate having a thousand jobs queued up and everything taking so long to get done.

Hopefully today we will be up and running and I can start to play with the new toys

If it helps, the "Smart Speed" mod works just fine on A16:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817637750

It adds an extra "Ultra" speed which is usually only available in dev mode. Sadly it seems like hospitality mod A16 is a way off, but at least you have a chance to be able to recruit rescued folks in vanilla now, so at least you have a way to recruit people that doesn't amount to abducting them.

Not a ton for me! But I like the ones I have. Prepare Carefully is obviously the coolest, but I also like the "more vanilla turrets" that adds a couple of reasonably well balanced turret upgrades, aaand the one that lets you craft cyber implants because the trade system is (was, maybe with this update) really unpredictable and turning my colonists into cyborgs is a much more fun end goal than building a rocket.

It helps that you can send out your own caravans now, and settlements tend to have a wider range of stuff to trade than the caravans they send you do. A good strategy early on can be to just fill up a caravan with Pemmican; it trades at a decent price considering how easy it is to make and also doubles as food for the caravan!

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I am new to the rimming experience, and my first handful of colonies were lost to brutal heatwaves.

I finally got one stable and surviving.. Until the megaspiders attacked. I thought I was prepared for the eventuality with a stockpile of inferno launchers , and I knew where they were gonna spawn and was in the process of walling off the area.

Of course, I ran out of marble on the last two chunks of wall.. and Megaspiders erupted. And poured into my colony through the hole. Inferno launchers were used, the landscape was burned, two stupid colonists ran through the fire and set themselves ablaze. the remnants of my colony are in the hospital, slowly dying with no one to tend them as the spiders make mockery of my attempts to bring civilization to a harsh and terrible land.

Going to equip my crippled remnants with LMGs tomorrow when I'm not so tired. Either we shall make a triumphant victory against mutated monstrocities..or we will Alamo this bitch, and the last man standing will grab a inferno cannon and burn the colony to ashes.

Learned a lot of valuable lessons, like how high quality chairs and tables can make people not miserable bastards.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    been having fun with Tribals starts since there's a mod now that lets places tech levels actually advance when they've researched the techs of a certain stage.

Its hard becaseu the games diffuclty curve seems ot assume a Rimworld start so eventually you'll end up with raids of dudes with frag grenades while you still have steel spears

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I wanna try just a tribal->medieval RimWorld

that'd be pretty sweet for some reason

• Options
    one big difference I see in A16 is people seem to insta-die much easier. Its alot harder to capture people

• Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I wanna try just a tribal->medieval RimWorld

that'd be pretty sweet for some reason

It's pretty fun. I'm currently running a medieval-only game, along with the Cthulu cult mod. It's... interesting :D

Although you do kinda max out your research a lot sooner than in standard, obviously.

Fleeb on