As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have not been to Gamestop since mid Feb. so I might go today

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    It's only on preowned ones.

And yes they do technically carry them, but it's entirely dependent on whether or not people actually trade them in.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Man I'm really digging this Megaman amiibo. I've always been a huge fan of Megaman so it's nice to have something sitting on my desk.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I have never seen a used amiibo at gamestop, so I'm betting it wouldn't be worth the trip, as you'll probably not find one.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    I have never seen a used amiibo at gamestop, so I'm betting it wouldn't be worth the trip, as you'll probably not find one.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus at cheapassgamer. Ah well.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Heard that in Canada, the price for amiibo are going up to $15.99 at the start of April. When I saw that price for Gold Mario, I thought it was just because he was special.

Ugh... just... ugh.

Got a Yoshi from the new line in, at least, so I ought to be good to go come Yoshi's Wooly World.

By the way, anyone said anything about the Silver Mario amiibo yet?

Oh, and on packaging: I took my Mario out to review, but the rest remain in-package. Easier to dust that way. I took the strip preventing scanning of Mario off, but I'm trying to find a better way to loosen the blister on the rest so it doesn't mess up the backing board. Then I'll just remove the strips on those, too.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Nothing on Silver Mario amiibo yet.

My money is on it's the Platinum reward for Club Nintendo peeps.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So Gamestop has a thing where you buy two, get two free on used Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and Amiibo. Nice and all, but when you click on it, there's no Amiibo to be found. Anyone know if this works in store? Also, does Gamestop even have used Amiibo? I'd love to get Mario, Luigi and Bowser on the cheap, but I don't want to waste a drive.

Target supposedly has Amiibo for 25% off next week, plus the additional 5% you'd get if you're a Red Card holder.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So Gamestop has a thing where you buy two, get two free on used Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and Amiibo. Nice and all, but when you click on it, there's no Amiibo to be found. Anyone know if this works in store? Also, does Gamestop even have used Amiibo? I'd love to get Mario, Luigi and Bowser on the cheap, but I don't want to waste a drive.

Target supposedly has Amiibo for 25% off next week, plus the addition 5% you'd get if you're a Red Card holder.

Groovy! I'll hold out for that. Thanks!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Nothing on Silver Mario amiibo yet.

My money is on it's the Platinum reward for Club Nintendo peeps.

I'm not holding my breath, but that would be amazing. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Heard that in Canada, the price for amiibo are going up to $15.99 at the start of April. When I saw that price for Gold Mario, I thought it was just because he was special.

Ugh... just... ugh.

Got a Yoshi from the new line in, at least, so I ought to be good to go come Yoshi's Wooly World.

By the way, anyone said anything about the Silver Mario amiibo yet?

Oh, and on packaging: I took my Mario out to review, but the rest remain in-package. Easier to dust that way. I took the strip preventing scanning of Mario off, but I'm trying to find a better way to loosen the blister on the rest so it doesn't mess up the backing board. Then I'll just remove the strips on those, too.

Yea, welcome to the shitty Canadian dollar. It kinda sucks.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I feel that rumor is a lot of wishful thinking but if you look into it you know some of it is a lie
    I am getting stuff I should have gotten back in December so I feel that parts done. Wave three was couriered as I saw the boxes at work for MH4, the 3ds and some of the newer amiibos with UPS air on them.

Majora’s Mask New 3DS XL is gone. Nope it's not gone the 3rd party lives on with questionable markups!

I think Wave 4 is delayed because of the port strike the bonkers 3rd party market for marth, Wii Fit and Villager and what followed cause Nintendo to look at how they handle it.

Gamestops across the country will be getting 4 MM3DSXL'S tommorrow. Good luck!

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    I feel that rumor is a lot of wishful thinking but if you look into it you know some of it is a lie
    I am getting stuff I should have gotten back in December so I feel that parts done. Wave three was couriered as I saw the boxes at work for MH4, the 3ds and some of the newer amiibos with UPS air on them.

Majora’s Mask New 3DS XL is gone. Nope it's not gone the 3rd party lives on with questionable markups!

I think Wave 4 is delayed because of the port strike the bonkers 3rd party market for marth, Wii Fit and Villager and what followed cause Nintendo to look at how they handle it.

Gamestops across the country will be getting 4 MM3DSXL'S tommorrow. Good luck!

That's...random.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Just four. The entire gamestop corporation will get four copies. Hope you live in one of the four places that got one.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Just four. The entire gamestop corporation will get four copies. Hope you live in one of the four places that got one.

One guy will buy them all.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Two in California, two in Maine.

"Across the country."

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    If anyone is still looking for Gold Mario, keep checking his page on Walmart.com for local availability. He seems to be getting restocked at stores today.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I was finally able to pick up the Amiibos that @TimFiji sent me! Thank you, you're a gentleman and a scholar!

Now the question is whether I should open them or keep them in their boxes.

HNI_0058_zpshynnxatc.jpg

Oh wait.

RockinX on
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Man, I still feel crappy I can't send it directly to you. I am happy they got there, though! Woo!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      My country is the crappy one. There was no other option, really. I'm amazed at how detailed Toon Link is. Is Mega Man this shiny on the Wii U? I haven't been able to pay much attention because I've only played the Wii U version at a friend's house.

• Options
      TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
      edited March 2015
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      No one should be ashamed to own The Last Story - it's an excellent game! :P

Warlock82 on
      Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • Options
      jothkijothki Registered User regular
      Warlock82 wrote: »

Albeit a very weird one, mechanically.

• Options
      jothki wrote: »

Albeit a very weird one, mechanically.

yep. Just.....strange.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    • Options
      ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
      I have a Gold Mario on the way but my dilemma is whether or not to open it up.

On the one hand I thing figures look better out of the box on a shelf but, Gold Mario seams to be more of a trophy kind of thing so leaving it in the box might be better.
      I take my transformer figures out then transform them and sometimes play with them even though I well past the age I should be doing so

• Options
      My brother has told me that people on the He-Man.org forums regularly play with their figures and making fun of people who do so is a bannable offense. I'm pretty sure you're fine if these people are an indication.

• Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      The tiny walmart in the tiny town my wife works in supposedly has gold Marios in stock, so I ordered one through the website. Hopefully its not a stock glitch and I'll have something to trade for a Meta Knight.

• Options
      So while I shouldn't really be surprised by this, but in my area of the world Toad is impossible to find. I went to a couple Best Buy's and Future Shop's (this is Canada) and all were sold out. they all had the SMB bowser, luigi, and peach coming out their asses though.

I also fixed an error, and grabbed the last Kirby I think is in existence in my city. Best Buy and Future Shop don't even list Kirby on their website anymore and I found one, now if only I could rectify that same mistake for Samus.......

The other rare ones I'm just going to end up giving up on. I'm not going to pay a premium, but man, I do wish I could at least, you know, see a dedede.

• Options
      SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
      all the walmarts in my area apparently have gold marios.
      I'm thinking it's actually as common as they said it would be.

• Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      -Abel--Abel- Registered User regular
      edited March 2015
      wunderbar wrote: »
      So while I shouldn't really be surprised by this, but in my area of the world Toad is impossible to find. I went to a couple Best Buy's and Future Shop's (this is Canada) and all were sold out. they all had the SMB bowser, luigi, and peach coming out their asses though.

I also fixed an error, and grabbed the last Kirby I think is in existence in my city. Best Buy and Future Shop don't even list Kirby on their website anymore and I found one, now if only I could rectify that same mistake for Samus.......

The other rare ones I'm just going to end up giving up on. I'm not going to pay a premium, but man, I do wish I could at least, you know, see a dedede.

@wunderbar I pre-ordered 2 Toads from Amazon to get free shipping. I figured I'd give one to my brother, of course I forgot he doesn't have Treasure Tracker and has no real desire to have a Toad Amiibo (I gave him a Captain Falcon and Toon Link which he happily has on his desk at work). Anyways, I live in Canada and returning the Toad to Amazon seems like a hassle. If you want it I'll mail it to you free of charge.

-Abel- on
    • Options
      -Abel- wrote: »
      wunderbar wrote: »

@wunderbar I pre-ordered 2 Toads from Amazon to get free shipping. I figured I'd give one to my brother, of course I forgot he doesn't have Treasure Tracker and has no real desire to have a Toad Amiibo (I gave him a Captain Falcon and Toon Link which he happily has on his desk at work). Anyways, I live in Canada and returning the Toad to Amazon seems like a hassle. If you want it I'll mail it to you free of charge.

I'll DM you, but be warned there will be an offer to pay you, or something.

• Options
      Just want to say "suck it" to all the doubters on CAG who were saying they would never, ever release Mario outside that Mario Party 10 bundle. :P I seriously don't know why anyone ever thought they wouldn't :P

• Options
      BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      Why would you doubt they would have Mario outside of the bundle? I know Nintendo has done some nutty things but still.

• Options
      Just want to say "suck it" to all the doubters on CAG who were saying they would never, ever release Mario outside that Mario Party 10 bundle. :P I seriously don't know why anyone ever thought they wouldn't :P

I figured they would, but I also thought they've give it at least a month's worth of exclusivity in the bundle.

Either way, the bundle is a better deal, especially if you're a GCU member.

FU7kFbw.png
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      Why would you doubt they would have Mario outside of the bundle? I know Nintendo has done some nutty things but still.

No idea... Some people are crazy :P Someone was literally arguing with me about it though - how he was totally going to be like a limited edition only in that bundle. A lot of people on reddit thought that too for some weird reason.

And yeah, I thought it would be a longer exclusivity too, but I'm not complaining because I need him (wasn't gonna pay $50 for an amiibo and a game I didn't want :P)

Warlock82 on
    • Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      Snagged last gold mario at walmart today!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
        amazon.co.uk has WFT and Ike up for order, shipping on the 1st.

• Options
        At least in my region there are a lot more Walmarts than any other store, so theres a ton of gold Marios sitting on craigslist. One guy is loony enough to ask 125 for it.

This discussion has been closed.