As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    So is Sarah bisexual or just a lesbian? When she said the whole "you're not her type" thing as well as other episodes this season it felt like they were implying the latter, but then Sarah was in a relationship with Oliver when she was Black Canary. So uhh... maybe she's just straight for Oliver?
    She doesn't like schmucks like Teen Heatwave. That little brat couldn't even do the salmon ladder.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So is Sarah bisexual or just a lesbian? When she said the whole "you're not her type" thing as well as other episodes this season it felt like they were implying the latter, but then Sarah was in a relationship with Oliver when she was Black Canary. So uhh... maybe she's just straight for Oliver?
    She probably does have a type, but it fits very neatly into the hero/princess mold. She can be either, but her partner has to be the other. Nyssa and Oliver were the hero, the Nurse was the princess.

Or I'm just talking out of my ass.

sig.gif
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Omnisexual time traveler attractive to everyone?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    On that topic, Wentworth Miller has been playing Snart as pansexual (and according to another interview he told the writers that's how he would be doing it, and he hasn't mentioned them shooting him down yet).

That doesn't mean it's canon, similar to how Oscar Isaac deliberately playing the Poe/Finn reunion scene as involving some sexual attraction from his side of the equation doesn't mean that the character will be revealed as gay, but it's an interesting insight to his interactions with other characters.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Like most of this thread she's Oliversexual

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    As said, this episode was way better than the Savage crap. They've baked in some problems and time travel brings some on it's own, but it all at least made sense in context of the episode. Mostly.

Hurry and resolve Savage, show!

Xeddicus on
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Description for Leviathan. This week's episode:
    Rip takes the team to London in the year 2166, three months before his family is killed. He believes this to be their final opportunity to take out Savage who is, unfortunately, at the height of his power. However, the team discovers two key elements to defeating him - Savage's daughter and the means to kill Savage once and for all.
    Because we haven't been able to kill him when he's weak, let's try when he's strong?

Description for River of Time. Next week's episode:
    After numerous attempts in many different time periods, the team has successfully captured Vandal Savage. However, Savage tells Kendra that he can reunite her with Carter so she struggles with whether she should kill him. Rip decides they will deliver Savage to the Time Masters which doesn't sit well with Snart and Rory. The duo decides it may be time to jump ship and return to their old life. Meanwhile, Savage taunts Ray about his place in Kendra's life.
    And it works because reasons. Maybe Zoom and Savage should have a villain taunting contest. See who can taunt the hero the best.

Description for Captured. The second to last episode:
    CAPTURED – Being in the vicinity of the Time Masters leaves Rip (Arthur Darvill) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) incredibly disturbed for very different reasons. Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) takes over the Waverider, Kendra (Ciara Renée) is reunited with Carter (guest star Falk Hentschel) and Snart (Wentworth Miller) decides he might be a hero after all.
    Carter returns! So he can cause more relationship angst. I hope the last episode is Snart, Rory, and Sara taking the Waverider and leaving the rest in the care of the Time Masters.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Description for Leviathan. This week's episode:
    Rip takes the team to London in the year 2166, three months before his family is killed. He believes this to be their final opportunity to take out Savage who is, unfortunately, at the height of his power. However, the team discovers two key elements to defeating him - Savage's daughter and the means to kill Savage once and for all.
    Because we haven't been able to kill him when he's weak, let's try when he's strong?
    Oh god, they're going to fuck up Scandal Savage, aren't they?

sig.gif
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

Description for Captured. The second to last episode:
    CAPTURED – Being in the vicinity of the Time Masters leaves Rip (Arthur Darvill) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) incredibly disturbed for very different reasons. Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) takes over the Waverider, Kendra (Ciara Renée) is reunited with Carter (guest star Falk Hentschel) and Snart (Wentworth Miller) decides he might be a hero after all.
    Carter returns! So he can cause more relationship angst. I hope the last episode is Snart, Rory, and Sara taking the Waverider and leaving the rest in the care of the Time Masters.

Just to make a small correction on your last point:
    Snart, Rory, Sarah, and Ray you mean.

:D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Okay so here is my theory for the end of the season:
    It turns out that Vandal Savage created the Time Masters to ensure that he comes to power because timey-wimey ball. Rip et al decide to destroy Vandal Savage's time loop and the Time Masters to boot, and Rip and their ship survive because timey-wimey ball. Now without the Time Masters to maintain order, all sorts of temporal instability begins. The team must work now to keep history on track starting in Season 2.

That would make a vastly superior season 2.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    It turns out that Vandal Savage created the Time Masters to ensure that he comes to power because timey-wimey ball. Rip et al decide to destroy Vandal Savage's time loop and the Time Masters to boot, and Rip and their ship survive because timey-wimey ball. Now without the Time Masters to maintain order, all sorts of temporal instability begins. The team must work now to keep history on track starting in Season 2.

And the Hawks must sacrifice themselves to do it.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    They can't kill Savage for good until they adapt his Justice League story that is set 50,000 years in the future.

And the Hawks must sacrifice themselves to do it every week.
    FTFY.

sig.gif
    They can't kill Savage for good until they adapt his Justice League story that is set 50,000 years in the future.

As someone who loves that story, do you really want to see it done by this writing crew and this casting of Savage?

As someone who loves that story, do you really want to see it done by this writing crew and this casting of Savage?

No, I want them to scrap all of that and start over so they can do it justce.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Tonight:
    Elaborate plot so Savage can get his hands on a time machine?

Edit:
    Preview for next week
    Fucking idiots

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Edit:
    Preview for next week
    Fucking idiots

At this point, that preview could just be the title of each episode

Hell it could be the title of the show.

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Kendra is the new Gilligan.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Why are the hawks so bad at literally everything?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I thought this episode was absolutely excellent.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    As said, this episode was way better than the Savage crap. They've baked in some problems and time travel brings some on it's own, but it all at least made sense in context of the episode. Mostly.

Hurry and resolve Savage, show!
    I was sad that they killed off The Pilgrim. I liked her and her timey wimey powers.

Harry Dresden on
    After numerous attempts in many different time periods, the team has successfully captured Vandal Savage. However, Savage tells Kendra that he can reunite her with Carter so she struggles with whether she should kill him. Rip decides they will deliver Savage to the Time Masters which doesn't sit well with Snart and Rory. The duo decides it may be time to jump ship and return to their old life. Meanwhile, Savage taunts Ray about his place in Kendra's life.
    Not necessary when she has Rip Hunter, a time traveling space ship and a reincarnating lover.

ArcTangent wrote: »
    I hesitate to say this, but I think the wrong Hawk died.

Like, dude was single-minded in just about everything, but he was competent. Kendra is the opposite.

sig.gif
    Not necessary when she has Rip Hunter, a time traveling space ship and a reincarnating lover.
    That would make the plot too straight forward and Savage can't taunt anyone then.

Savage: Only I can give you Carter! So you can't kill me!
    Rip: Or we can ask Gideon when Carter was reincarnated again and just travel to that time.

No Rip necessary.

Just cave in Carter 2166's skull before doing the same to Savage. Let Kendra 2191 sort it out.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Sorce wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I hesitate to say this, but I think the wrong Hawk died.

Like, dude was single-minded in just about everything, but he was competent. Kendra is the opposite.

Hey give her a break. I mean it was only a couple weeks ago that she was just a barista! It takes time!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Well, in Kendra's defense, she isn't Rip. I'll give her that.

sig.gif
    I want them to try and see how many times they can fit the word barista into all of her conversations.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Yeah I liked this episode
    Ray fighting the Leviathan was awesome. Savage's daughter seems like a fairly fun character so far, but the end does seem to be bad news for everyone. Just off 'em! I didn't quite understand why they couldn't wake Hawk dude up later?

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Ray fighting the Leviathan was awesome. Savage's daughter seems like a fairly fun character so far, but the end does seem to be bad news for everyone. Just off 'em! I didn't quite understand why they couldn't wake Hawk dude up later?

Or grab some other hawk dude from any other time ever. Maybe one, say, right after a Kendra had died.

Instead. Oh no! This particular one might not ever remember her because Savage says it's impossible! Welp, better take him at his word and do everything he says. I'm sure he'll change his mind and tell us the secret of unbrainwashing if we just bring him into the worst place possible.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    It continues to amaze me how terribly this show is written. Basic logic, not to mention something as elusive as actual common sense, seems to be an unknown concept to all of these characters. I mean what the fuck.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    She was excellent in Secret Six.

Kashaar wrote: »
    It continues to amaze me how terribly this show is written. Basic logic, not to mention something as elusive as actual common sense, seems to be an unknown concept to all of these characters. I mean what the fuck.

Rip is the poster boy for this. You expect the Doctor, and get a time traveling cowboy who has no plans and is terrible at everything. I have no idea why the Time Lords Council recruited him.

Sara's mother would be so much better at this.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Still a lot of plot stuff to criticize but damned if they haven't put together some fine moments.
    "They're footprints."

All congratulations to the DCTVU for getting to the "guy who can get tiny can also get hueg" spot in before Marvel! Once again you show that WB's film division has no fucking clue what it's doing. Also, brilliant use of camera angles and speed of characters to make you really think they were that big

That said, the end of the episode is yet more garbage.
    The Dark Knight did it.

Then Avengers.

Star Trek Into Darkness.

Skyfall.

We can stop with the "bad guy is captured in the middle of act 2" plot point now, yes?

I mean, I don't normally complain about use of a trope, but given how it seems to be getting less good and more crap with every incarnation, and how Legends of Tomorrow has no clue what it's doing with its main arc, and I do not foreseeing this being near as fondly remembered as the Joker/Loki scenes.

• RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    When you have a show about time travel the last thing I want to hear someone say is "We don't have the time!"

Also what is the reason why they can't just go back in time to a point in which Savage isn't the god of revival? Like right before he became a treat to Kendra and hawk-dude. Timelords super assassin could take out people by killing them as kids, so why can't they?

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ravelle wrote: »
    When you have a show about time travel the last thing I want to hear someone say is "We don't have the time!"

Also what is the reason why they can't just go back in time to a point in which Savage isn't the god of revival? Like right before he became a treat to Kendra and hawk-dude. Timelords super assassin could take out people by killing them as kids, so why can't they?

I think it's because Rip already tried that before he formed the team and failed misserably. And they've said some rule about going back and altering time you've already altered or some bullshit like that.

Not a bad episode overall, Savage's daughter seems like a cool character, and pairing her up with Cold (aka the best character on the show) helped.

But regarding the end:
    I have trouble being deeply concerned about Hawkman not having his memories to the point of that being more important that killing Savage. I mean it's almost be a blessing, getting to live a life unburdened by the memories of his past (and getting killed like 1000 times). And when he dies and is reincarnated again, his memories would be back to normal. So, him being mind wiped is just like a vacation. Temporary. Savage being an evil dictator is permanent. They could have stopped it, but didn't. That doesn't sound very legendary or heroic.

Edit: stupid drafts from weeks ago sneaking into my post.

LostNinja on
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Progeny was a shit episode. It was virtually every complaint that is typically made about this show, and the Vandal Savage main storyline in particular, condensed into a single episode to showcase why this show is drowning.

Why would they even have traveled to this time period with this plan if they weren't willing to execute it? And then by feinting at their plan, which they never were actually capable of carrying out due to morality, they caused a global holocaust to occur 5 years sooner.

Good fucking job.

For next weeks episode, have the team all shoot themselves in the face. It can only improve the outcome.

Perhaps for the season finale Rip Hunter could travel back in time and kill himself as a child, sparing the world from his incompetence.

From the trailer, that actually resembles what next weeks episode appears to be about.
    Ravelle wrote: »

I think it's because Rip already tried that before he formed the team and failed misserably. And they've said some rule about going back and altering time you've already altered or some bullshit like that.

Not a bad episode overall, Savage's daughter seems like a cool character, and pairing her up with Cold (aka the best character on the show) helped.

But regarding the end:
    I have trouble being deeply concerned about Hawkman not having his memories to the point of that being more important that killing Savage. I mean it's almost be a blessing, getting to live a life unburdened by the memories of his past (and getting killed like 1000 times). And when he dies and is reincarnated again, his memories would be back to normal. So, him being mind wiped is just like a vacation. Temporary. Savage being an evil dictator is permanent. They could have stopped it, but didn't. That doesn't sound very legendary or heroic.
    But... FEELINGS~!

sig.gif
    One point that really bugged me, in a show full of them.
    If Rip already tried to rescue his family, multiple times, by going back earlier and earlier from the point of their deaths, and they died every time, that means they're DEAD in the current 2166 time period and cannot be saved. It's not like you get to save scum this shit, and killing Savage isn't going to bring them back. I don't understand why he thinks it'll work at all, much less just "this time."

Also, I guess Cassandra is not Scandal Savage, because she was way more into Snart than Sara.