As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Darkest Dungeon - The Deepest Wounds Leave No Scars

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Having them all max-upgraded certainly helps, along with giving your party camping buffs.

Which is actually a huge bugbear of mine, since you have no idea when she'll pop up, so you can camp prematurely or not at all and get wrecked because of it.

Oh as to this, the boss is always in the furthest from from the entrance

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Double post

Maddoc on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh really? That should make things much easier

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    the bosses in this game are actually kinda a real easy with the proper party. or with a crusader, hellion, and bounty hunter and then another guy.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    the bosses in this game are actually kinda a real easy with the proper party. or with a crusader, hellion, and bounty hunter and then another guy.

Highwayman is secretly overpowered

• Options
    i've not had many highway men in my current playthrough but i remember them being pretty good. but combo bounty hunter and occultist and any boss is dead except the hag. the hag requires a little more work.

• Options
    Clean Guns is fucking absurd

Camping skill that gives +20% damage, +10 ACC, and +5% Crit to ranged attacks

• Options
    yeah that's pretty crazy alright.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hag ain't bad, if you have the right party

I find using Highwayman's advance ability, which can hit back rows, and then being able to point blank the pot if necessary is pretty good

Alternately, just bring two healers

You get dumped from the pot at death's door, so just kind of ignore attacking the pot

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    You could bring a Leper with hp boosting trinkets and just let him stay in the pot while your other heroes attack the Hag. Heroes that can inflict bleed or blight are nice since the Hag takes bleed/blight damage every time she acts.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    End of the day, Hag has the least hit points of any boss anyways

Also how do you guys not know where the boss is on the reg? Are you somehow not scouting or something?

• Options
    I've done like two boss missions, so yeah.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    End of the day, Hag has the least hit points of any boss anyways

Also how do you guys not know where the boss is on the reg? Are you somehow not scouting or something?

I don't use light very often so usually not

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Got the hag

thanks for the 'ignore the pot' advice

second time today i bitched about something in a game and immediately beat it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    There are some dungeons where you can't be sure where the boss is. Like in rectangular dungeons, the boss isn't always in the room diagonal to your starting positing, it could be in the room horizontal to it. There are also dungeons where the end splits into two prongs and the boss could be in either end.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Just downed the three veteran bosses on three consecutive runs.

My bounty hunter did two consecutive crits against the swine king for 63 points a pop. 126 damage over two turns trivialized that fight. Maybe wilbur should be following him around.

I found my crusader was a better front line for the necromancer fight, but I used hellion against the other two.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I wonder if one of the unreleased classes will rival the Vestal. Right now she's the most important class in the game and i don't think it is close.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    The occultist would rival her if his heal was a bit more consistent. I'd say at least up the minimum to 2 or 3 so a worst-case scenario doesn't mean you just did three damage to a person.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I feel like, out of fifteen classes, around three of them ought to be capable of acting as a healer.

Occultist could maybe do it if they made his heal less terrible, and I actually thematically really like the concept of the Plague Doctor explicitly not being a healer because they fucking weren't even real doctors for the most part, they need another class that can heal multiple characters at once. So maybe you've got Vestal with single target+group, Occultist with single target, Something else with group.

• Options
    The Houndmaster uses veterinary medicine on his comrades.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    i still don't agree that the Vestal is super important. Useful, but i've been doing veteran runs without a healer and it works out fine.

• Options
    I have actually found the occultist to be a better healer

• Options
    Also I have one of every class at level 3!

I'm now paralyzed I might lose people

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    i still don't agree that the Vestal is super important. Useful, but i've been doing veteran runs without a healer and it works out fine.

This just kind of feels like a consequence of higher level stuff being too easy right now

Because at low levels, I feel like a Vestal is ridiculously useful for mitigating the slow attrition of damage over the course of a dungeon.

• Options
    the occultist is real useful. team him up with a bounty hunter and the front rows are dead, he can heal, and do some pretty good damage.

I've used a plague doctor instead of a vestal too. though i think the saving grace there was that almost everyone in the party had stun abilities, so you don't need to heal when you're not taking much damage.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So, apparently I have one of those heroes blessed by the RNG gods.
    His only real flaw is that he's "Enlightened" but everything else is a positive.
    While my other heroes are these bundles of neuroses, he's just this sane role model. Level up after level he gets these bonuses.
    So much so that I've just given him the title of Master.

i2pwaowkd28n.png

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    The pet would also give him an excuse for attacking from the back ranks.
    His only real flaw is that he's "Enlightened" but everything else is a positive.
    While my other heroes are these bundles of neuroses, he's just this sane role model. Level up after level he gets these bonuses.
    Haha, motherfucker doesn't like anybody, does he? :)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    He's all about those eldritch abominations.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    The pet would also give him an excuse for attacking from the back ranks.

He likes your forum posts

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Welp, restarted my save and made it to the Swine Prince without losing anybody, now I'm down a Crusader because apparently the guy who can hit the front rank for 14 points of damage a pop also needs a minion that can mark targets, and is nigh untouchable.

That's to say nothing of not being told that higher level heroes will straight up refuse to go into Apprentice Dungeons, which is probably the dumbest mechanic this game has thrown my way thus far.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Haha, got the hag down.

@Dubh made her bleed to death.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I wanted to see what she was made of

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Meat, she was full of meat.

My god, they're all, full of meat.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Put my best crusader in the abbey to chill for a week and get his stress down.

So of course he gets a holy vision and has fucked off somewhere for.....who knows.

Darkest Dungeon

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Also my B team went on a quick money run. There was a series of critical hits in the final battle.

One came back alive, and she's gone proper mental.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but earlier on people were talking about how all of your equipment disappears when you finish a dungeon, I'm not 100% sure but I've heard that whatever supplies you have left in your inventory gets refunded for half its cost, and that includes stuff you pick up and don't use.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    I am disappointed to learn that positive quirks get rewritten after a hero is maxed out on them.
    Which sucks, because I get invested in the personalities of my heroes.

Bucci, the guy who hates beasts with a vengeance is now a hodgepodge of other shit.

• Options
    I am disappointed to learn that positive quirks get rewritten after a hero is maxed out on them.
    Which sucks, because I get invested in the personalities of my heroes.

Bucci, the guy who hates beasts with a vengeance is now a hodgepodge of other shit.

Yeah, this is really weird.

On the upside, it happens occasionally with negative quirks too, if you don't send your folks to the sanitarium often.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Apparently the Wizened Hag is relatively easy to kill when she insists on tossing your Vestal in the pot while a Highwayman and Gravedigger rain knives and bullets on her.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I took down the first of my level 5 bosses yesterday, the Necromancer Lord

The dungeon beat the shit out of me on the short path there, I was kind of assuming I'd have to retreat because even with camping I started with everyone at like 1/3 health

But he doesn't really deal a ton of damage, and the skeletons he summons don't act in their first turn, so I was able to take them out pretty reliably, and then whenever someone had a free action available, I'd have the Hellion or the Highwayman bleed the Necromancer Lord or the Plague Doctor blight him

It took a while, and I'm pretty sure everyone but my Vestal was on death's door at least once, but they did it