As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    With autoattack on, it's much harder to stand in the center of a lot of creeps and /d and /l as your opponent is helpless to stop your taunting.

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    New Tales:

nIRYmep.png

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    What are the pros and cons of having AA turned on?

Right now I have it on and feel like I do okay.

If I'm trying not to continuously attack a certain minion, I just click around and move in order to time my last hits. It has tripped me up in scenarios where let's say I'm last hitting a shoved wave right outside a turret's radius. If the melee minions are outside with the casters inside the radius, sometimes I will kill a minion, then my character will automatically advance into the tower area to attack the next minion. Of course causing me to take unnecessary damage. I wonder if turning AA off will solve this unexpected attacking into dangerous areas.

Also sometimes I kill a champ, then when I'm trying to continue attacking another nearby champ, my character stops and attacks a random minion in between, etc.

Turning autoattack off helps for situations such as supporting, diving and general aggro juggling. In lane i turn it off, but have it on in the jungle, so my Champ continues to attack when a mob dies.

I am the worst at right clicking.

286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    SivHD's videos are impossible to watch without a giant grin the whole time. I love that man.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Alacrity Boots of Swiftness into 3 Rod of Ages, what a build

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

Siv's "Build of ultimate power" on singed is 5x RoA and boots. I've seen him do it many times and he somehow makes it work. Lately he's been going 4x RoA, Deathcap and boots, though.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Konphujun wrote: »

Siv's "Build of ultimate power" on singed is 5x RoA and boots. I've seen him do it many times and he somehow makes it work. Lately he's been going 4x RoA, Deathcap and boots, though.

Kinda surprised he doesn't sneak a Mejai's in there, tbh. Not like you're gonna die as 3500+ hp Singed.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    So i'm still looking for a matchup that Fizz top W max bruiser can't win. Just dumpstered a Jax so bad he couldn't even CS after about 7 minutes, and that's with him getting a kill up on me when my jungler tried to invade the enemy red and got caught out.

It's funny that putting the DFG dmg amp into his ult created this great burst for Triforce/BotRK fizz and they killed his AP builds.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    So i'm still looking for a matchup that Fizz top W max bruiser can't win. Just dumpstered a Jax so bad he couldn't even CS after about 7 minutes, and that's with him getting a kill up on me when my jungler tried to invade the enemy red and got caught out.

It's funny that putting the DFG dmg amp into his ult created this great burst for Triforce/BotRK fizz and they killed his AP builds.

AD Fizz is now @Sir Landshark 's #1 jungler. We were just laughing about it last night that they nerfed his amazing mid Fizz then replaced it with a balling jungle / top.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    It's a shame they nerfed AP Yi. That new item would have been glorious on him.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    You say shame but I look at Yi and think he is lucky there are greater evils to worry about.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Just had a ranked game where you just have to be glad playing super well isn't required to win all the time. I'm top Riven(not very good at her but she's fun) with ignite against a TP Jax. I lose lane to him by getting outplayed and dying to him twice early. I'm like alright self, don't cost your team the game by tilting and making Jax huge. So I just concentrate on farming, and at one point he leaves lane to roam without his TP up and I get 2 turrets and a bunch of farm out of it. Off of that, I'm strong enough to farm safely in the lane, just not fight him 1v1.

Anyway, long story short we kept losing extended team fights where it was 5v5 so I just decided to pressure top as hard as can be and see if it could help. One time they sent 2 top to stop me and my team won a 4v3 and got mid inhib off it, and from there we slowly kept building advantage to led to us winning the game. I really didn't carry at all, had a lousy ass KDA, but I had 320 CS, next closest was 210, and that split push pressure did help us win. When it came time to team fight all I did was use all my stuff to kill the enemy Yi and damage Jax so our Draven could stay alive and carry the game.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Another day, another Corki win.

It almost feels unfair

• Options
    That's like the opposite for me with Corki. Graves, 70+% win rate in ranked. Tristana, nearly 60% win rate. But Corki, I just can't play well. I feel like my autos just suck because I'm going triforce/BT/LW build, so when I need to tank bust I just can't do it.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    That's like the opposite for me with Corki. Graves, 70+% win rate in ranked. Tristana, nearly 60% win rate. But Corki, I just can't play well. I feel like my autos just suck because I'm going triforce/BT/LW build, so when I need to tank bust I just can't do it.

Feel like the whole trick to corki's dps is spell weaving between each auto attack for sheen/triforce procs, which drives me crazy. Aside from Kalysta, he's my least played marksthing.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    5zgJrfc.png

Apparently this is the second highest jackpot tier, there is an even larger IP jackpot available.

Obviously photoshopped.
    Ray_f9d7e4_493351.jpg

Actually, I'm just jealous that I'll never get a jackpot.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Starting to get over the learning hump a bit now.

I've started using Free Camera full match now, as I probably should have from the start. Most of my matches on Beginner bots I've been the lowest level and had the lowest amount of gold, this match we had an AFK the entire match, I hit the level cap (nobody else on my team did) and I had the most gold by about 400.

It could have gone a bit better if my lane partner was a bit less aggressive. Or maybe if I didn't try to bail him out when he was over aggressive. Quite often got stuck on the other side of the enemy tower because of that. That and if I could seriously stop falling for Lux's ultimate. Quite often I got killed in pursuit of her because I wasn't throwing in enough zigs and zags.

My main problem right now is figuring out which items I need to get. Is there an easy way of doing this other than just trying them out one by one? Should I be looking up builds online and following the guides or should I be tailoring my own set-up that works for my play-style?

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Starting to get over the learning hump a bit now.

I've started using Free Camera full match now, as I probably should have from the start. Most of my matches on Beginner bots I've been the lowest level and had the lowest amount of gold, this match we had an AFK the entire match, I hit the level cap (nobody else on my team did) and I had the most gold by about 400.

It could have gone a bit better if my lane partner was a bit less aggressive. Or maybe if I didn't try to bail him out when he was over aggressive. Quite often got stuck on the other side of the enemy tower because of that. That and if I could seriously stop falling for Lux's ultimate. Quite often I got killed in pursuit of her because I wasn't throwing in enough zigs and zags.

My main problem right now is figuring out which items I need to get. Is there an easy way of doing this other than just trying them out one by one? Should I be looking up builds online and following the guides or should I be tailoring my own set-up that works for my play-style?

I'd recommend starting out by checking guides that experienced players have put together (off of a site like Lolking) and taking a look at the items they recommend. Hopefully they also include some commentary that tells you why they recommend those specific items for that specific champion.

Once you've got a decent grasp on that, then start trying to think about why that player thinks those stats on those items in that order is optimal. If you can't understand it, then ask around. For now, since you are still just learning the items, just try out a bunch of items. Try items recommended by experienced players, try other items too and see how they make your champion feel. Item build order can start very simple (these item in this order will make my champion strong) and get very complex (the game is going like X, so I should buy item Y and then build towards item Z to adjust to it).

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    You should be building CDR Boots, Triforce, 4X Infinity Edge on all champions.

Not really, though.

Just on AD and melee champs.

• Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Yeah, I've got complaints about lots of the lol character designs, but she's not one.

She's not sexualized, she's creepy

What

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    tiloah wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »

Yeah, I've got complaints about lots of the lol character designs, but she's not one.

She's not sexualized, she's creepy

What

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_w2NgXv9Os

• Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    By death sounds they meant la petite mort.

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    KNKL, the original artist for Ahri's splash, just put this out:
    ahri___league_of_legends_fan_splash_by_knockwurst-d8kc0p2.jpg

because he wasn't exactly a fan of the current new Ahri splash
    Ahri_Splash_0.jpg

the first Ahri splash for comparison
    lol___ahri_by_knockwurst-d4mlo2a.jpg

He made it so he can replace the ingame splash with this new one since he isn't happy about them changing it. :P

That is a legit great Ahri splash.

Also Ahri is attractive in the same way a Siren is attractive or "sexy".

To put in base terms, "yeah, I'd hit that if I was 100% sure I wouldn't be dead afterwards".

Transporter on
  • Options
    You say shame but I look at Yi and think he is lucky there are greater evils to worry about.

I like playing Yi in our PA pickup games. Multiple quadras per game. Skippy stealing my pentas by not telling me to take teleport like I should.

• Options
    KNKL, the original artist for Ahri's splash, just put this out:
    ahri___league_of_legends_fan_splash_by_knockwurst-d8kc0p2.jpg

because he wasn't exactly a fan of the current new Ahri splash
    Ahri_Splash_0.jpg

the first Ahri splash for comparison
    lol___ahri_by_knockwurst-d4mlo2a.jpg

He made it so he can replace the ingame splash with this new one since he isn't happy about them changing it. :P

That is a legit great Ahri splash.

Also Ahri is attractive in the same way a Siren is attractive or "sexy".

To put in base terms, "yeah, I'd hit that if I was 100% sure I wouldn't be dead afterwards".

You can never be sure! 100% chance to get laid, 50% chance of survival!

Is it worth it?!?!?!??!

Most yolo moment of your life!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ahri is literally a succubus, just coached in the style of a non-western culture

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ahri is literally a succubus, just coached in the style of a non-western culture

you're a succubus with those sexy sexy insights

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well it's important that i know these things for my graduate essay on the deterioration of evelynn's identity and the improvement upon her fantasy via later releases such as ahri

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    well it's important that i know these things for my graduate essay on the deterioration of evelynn's identity and the improvement upon her fantasy via later releases such as ahri

What school are you going to cause I want to write my graduate thesis on the treatment of volibear

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Here is the time lapse from start to finish on making the splash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgdExSQDFUk

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1750104151/34741799?tab=overview

this game. please click this and look at the gold advantage.

2wp6wew.png

at one point their Olaf was 2/12 when I finally killed him. Our Zed had the most wicked rage. "THIS IS WHAT VACCINES DO TO PEOPLE. FUCKING IDIOT AUTISM KIDS MY TEAM FUCK"

in response to our Yi who did say it was his first time jungling Yi. I did my best to calm everyone down and it sorta worked.

positive attitude is so god damn much in this game. I believe when we started turning it around the score was 28-9 in their favor.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    You don't win solo ranked by having more items or experience or objectives than the other team

You win in the moment when you break their spirit

The second an opponent complains about their teammate in all chat, your victory is secured

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    You don't win solo ranked by having more items or experience or objectives than the other team

You win in the moment when you break their spirit

The second an opponent complains about their teammate in all chat, your victory is secured

Which is why say shaco is free elo!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Can you only play solo ranked by yourself? No duos or trios?

Also, I think I found the champ that best clicks with me. Melee, good poke, good burst, soft cc, has an initiate and an escape. Plus mindgames.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    You can solo and duo queue for ranked.

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Can you only play solo ranked by yourself? No duos or trios?

Also, I think I found the champ that best clicks with me. Melee, good poke, good burst, soft cc, has an initiate and an escape. Plus mindgames.

You can duo queue in ranked. The system will try to match you against a team that also contains a duo queue. You must be within one division of your duo partner. (ie: gold+silver is OK, gold+bronze is not)

There are also ranked 3s (played on Twisted Treeline) and ranked 5s. Both of those queues place you against other teams of 3s or 5s.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That Ahri time-lapse video...

...the crossed out text for panel 9 on the concept grid at 0:29 was dead on: it really is the best.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

What school are you going to cause I want to write my graduate thesis on the treatment of volibear

I assume your final essay would just be a half mauled ream of paper with BEAR! written on every page in sharpie

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    visual aid 1: <captainvolibear.jpg>
    visual aid 2: <captainvolibear.jpg>
    visual aid 3: <captainvolibear.jpg>
    visual aid 4: <captainvolibear.jpg>

This discussion has been closed.