As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    He yells and he is a jerk and is annoying like the child of parents with no discipline. That is why i can't watch him

This applies to a LOT of other streamers as well. To each their own, but those qualities are not unique to Cowsep.

Re: Yi snowball, the description applies to Trynd also, and others. I mean, trynd is even more simple that Yi, I think. I guess the early bad reputation carries over In Yi's case.

Well I don't like pewdiepie either.

Re: yi

Yi is a champion like LB or teemo who many players will have been styled on before. He is hard to play really really well but is, in general, a champion which relies on the other teams compositional or game structural weakness. This is what gave yi his reputation.

This was especially true before his rework (which gave him an AD ratio on his q in exchange for AP ratios gone) which was caused by, more or less, some faceroll LCS games.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    *tunes in to see Bjergsen playing on cho'gath*

where is :psyduck:
    Cho mid is actually really common now! It was never actually bad and, as long as he doesn't get completely trashed in the early levels, he can eventually win nearly any lane. He either gets too tanky to kill or too bursty to get near. Even in a straight up melee fight he can actually win early because of his high base AD and how much damage his E does early on, which he's capable of forcing because of his silence. Not only that, his silence not only screws over ranged mages, it's really obnoxious to deal with as an assassin because you can't use any abilities to try and burst him down. Once it wears off he can drop a rupture at his feet and kite through the slow.

Once he hits six he has crazy high kill pressure and if a jungler has any CC that lets him land a rupture it's basically a kill every time his ult's up, probably without ignite even. I had one game with a Vi jungle and that's some rude nonsense. Ult into rupture, feral scream guarantees they can't flash when they land. Ult for the execute.

Now that his ult goes on half cooldown for killing a minion it's usually up a little after every minion wave spawns so you can waltz off to wraiths, eat a small one, walk back and shove out the wave. On top of that he's also really good at securing early dragons because feast outdamages both Nunu and smite at every point in the game, as long as he has any AP at all. Telling your jungler that you're going to feast as soon as it hits two thousand (I'd go higher if it's Nunu) gives him a heads up to smite as soon as he sees the animation.

A long time ago they also buffed feast to have a significantly shorter cast time and it's awesome now. I don't think I've seen anyone blink out of it ever since then.

I was actually really worried because I was always afraid of a high AP build on Cho due to how risky it is compared to super tank but it's actually really, really strong against less durable targets and he's more than just a peel bot and he still ends up being massive. I see a lot of Rod of Ages, Abyssal, Deathcap builds against AP, it's a fun build.

Wasn't about the champion, was about bjerg playing a tanky mage being really goddamn weird
    Didn't he play Urgot yesterday?

butts
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    uh people hate trynd more than yi

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    *tunes in to see Bjergsen playing on cho'gath*

where is :psyduck:
    Cho mid is actually really common now! It was never actually bad and, as long as he doesn't get completely trashed in the early levels, he can eventually win nearly any lane. He either gets too tanky to kill or too bursty to get near. Even in a straight up melee fight he can actually win early because of his high base AD and how much damage his E does early on, which he's capable of forcing because of his silence. Not only that, his silence not only screws over ranged mages, it's really obnoxious to deal with as an assassin because you can't use any abilities to try and burst him down. Once it wears off he can drop a rupture at his feet and kite through the slow.

Once he hits six he has crazy high kill pressure and if a jungler has any CC that lets him land a rupture it's basically a kill every time his ult's up, probably without ignite even. I had one game with a Vi jungle and that's some rude nonsense. Ult into rupture, feral scream guarantees they can't flash when they land. Ult for the execute.

Now that his ult goes on half cooldown for killing a minion it's usually up a little after every minion wave spawns so you can waltz off to wraiths, eat a small one, walk back and shove out the wave. On top of that he's also really good at securing early dragons because feast outdamages both Nunu and smite at every point in the game, as long as he has any AP at all. Telling your jungler that you're going to feast as soon as it hits two thousand (I'd go higher if it's Nunu) gives him a heads up to smite as soon as he sees the animation.

A long time ago they also buffed feast to have a significantly shorter cast time and it's awesome now. I don't think I've seen anyone blink out of it ever since then.

I was actually really worried because I was always afraid of a high AP build on Cho due to how risky it is compared to super tank but it's actually really, really strong against less durable targets and he's more than just a peel bot and he still ends up being massive. I see a lot of Rod of Ages, Abyssal, Deathcap builds against AP, it's a fun build.

Wasn't about the champion, was about bjerg playing a tanky mage being really goddamn weird
    Didn't he play Urgot yesterday?

He did. Today he played Cho and went tanky mage support with a FH instead of a burst thing with a deathcap.

He wasn't the reason they got rolled by C9, but he didn't matter much.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I've played mid cho. your passive lets you outlast most mage mana pools early on so you can farm away. it's like galio mid and a good pick in some circumstances where you happen to need a tank, generally when you have an ap top. I think we had a lissandra top last time I ended up playing it.

Jars on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So, what exactly gives spellvamp?

https://youtu.be/5DZ-FHdj1Eg

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Spell vamp was awesome when League first started, but now it's such a joke. There's only 4 items with spell vamp on it (Guinsoo, Hextech revolver and gunblade, and WotA), making it the least diverse optionable stat of everything. They either need to rework spell vamp into other/new items or just take it out all together (like dodge).

e: also, the accompanying stats of the spell vamp items are more attractive for any given build preference than the spell vamp does.

Hargaad of Omnar on
    Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Glorious J4 midlane AD master race!

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Spell vamp was awesome when League first started, but now it's such a joke. There's only 4 items with spell vamp on it (Guinsoo, Hextech revolver and gunblade, and WotA), making it the least diverse optionable stat of everything. They either need to rework spell vamp into other/new items or just take it out all together (like dodge).

e: also, the accompanying stats of the spell vamp items are more attractive for any given build preference than the spell vamp does.

Well... Gunblade is nice on Akali, because she LOVES massive spell vamp. But, yeah.

I mean, they could always revert Morgana's passive. When it was 35% she was basically unbeatable in lane - soil healed her SO MUCH.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Spellvamp being dominant was also a completely different game state. Will of the Ancients had a really powerful aura and there were less competitive early/mid game items to compete with revolver as well anyways. There was a bigger meta focus on sustain in general back then too.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    Spellvamp being dominant was also a completely different game state. Will of the Ancients had a really powerful aura and there were less competitive early/mid game items to compete with revolver as well anyways. There was a bigger meta focus on sustain in general back then too.

I just remember holding lane 1v2 with Morgana while leveling to 30 because she could safely heal/farm with soil (this was before I got to the point where junglers were mandatory... and hell, back then I don't even think the meta was at the point of "always have a jungler', since that was a tad before season 1 was even underway)

• Options
    I unleashed the fury of gunblade morde in aram today and it owned(it always owns morde #1)

• Options
    Watching Boxbox play OSU with a pen and kb is insane. No wonder he has such good Riven mechanics lol.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I'm gonna just assume that @JAEF brought this sign to the LCS studio
    CBUSBMSUgAAYsL6.png

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    I'm partial to "I'm here for the REFS".

• Options
    I'm gonna just assume that @JAEF brought this sign to the LCS studio
    CBUSBMSUgAAYsL6.png

I thought the exact same thing

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Games today:

Jungle Rengar that only showed up to tower dive unsuccessfully ---loss
    Teemo "support" that said they were going to feed every lane, and then did so. ---loss.

wheeeeeeNo seriously I might just uninstall this piece of shit game.

It just doesn't matter how I do. I either do well and the team feeds, or I do ok and the team feeds. Or, in the worst case, I do poorly, but manage it, cs up to a point where I can teamfight, get into the game, and then the team feeds and throws.

The only times I win are when it's stomps, because if it's not a stomp then everybody else on my team feeds uncontrollably, starts to rage, and loses.

I don't even know what to do anymore.

The idea that all I have to do is keep a consistent positive record went out the fucking window when I went from SIlver IV to 40 points in SIlver V with a single bad game on my end.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Khavall wrote: »
    Games today:

Jungle Rengar that only showed up to tower dive unsuccessfully ---loss
    Teemo "support" that said they were going to feed every lane, and then did so. ---loss.

wheeeeeeNo seriously I might just uninstall this piece of shit game.

It just doesn't matter how I do. I either do well and the team feeds, or I do ok and the team feeds. Or, in the worst case, I do poorly, but manage it, cs up to a point where I can teamfight, get into the game, and then the team feeds and throws.

The only times I win are when it's stomps, because if it's not a stomp then everybody else on my team feeds uncontrollably, starts to rage, and loses.

I don't even know what to do anymore.

The idea that all I have to do is keep a consistent positive record went out the fucking window when I went from SIlver IV to 40 points in SIlver V with a single bad game on my end.

Is it feasible to duo/trio queue with other friends/PAers who also want to play serious games? I mean if you can get even one other person on a team with you that you know isn't going to troll or feed for the heck of it, you just improved your chances by 20% that your team will not have one of those people. If you get 2 more people in a group, there is only a 40% chance you will get a bad teammate.

• Options
    Your options for ranked are solo, duo, or full five man teams.

butts
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    I am 0-12 this season when someone announces in chat that they are "duo bot"

I think I need to dodge those.

• Options
    Your options for ranked are solo, duo, or full five man teams.

Ah, I'm not 30 yet, so I didn't know. Still, duo queue is one less spot on the team for an intentional troll.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I was cleaning off my desk and found a couple of Cardboard Tube Jax skin codes. I'm not even sure if they've been used or are still valid. What should I do with them?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Whatever you want?

• Options
    I just discovered this. Now I want to play Diana.

https://youtu.be/CoJaDp5f-V8

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    I am 0-12 this season when someone announces in chat that they are "duo bot"

I think I need to dodge those.

Still better than "solo bot...trust me".

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    I was cleaning off my desk and found a couple of Cardboard Tube Jax skin codes. I'm not even sure if they've been used or are still valid. What should I do with them?
    Send them all to me for.. verification! Muahahaha!

Also @Dehumanized that was not me, although I certainly saw that fellow a few times. The writeup will be a bit more in-depth than I planned, expect it by Tuesday, but here's a preview: http://imgur.com/NRoo8kt

This is a photosphere picture! If you download it and upload it here: http://photosphereviewer.net/ you can view it from a first person perspective.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I just discovered this. Now I want to play Diana.

https://youtu.be/CoJaDp5f-V8

that is the correct reaction

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular

I'm afraid they might be invalid. Certainly worth testing them out though.

If I remember right: there was a thing a while back where people figured out the algorithm for creating keys for skins like that and started selling them. Riot gave a grace period and then made all skin keys expire after a certain amount of time to combat this.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Does using ignite interrupt channeled spells (Kat's ult for example)?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Yes this is what I want
    Normally, a League match is a fast-paced slugfest that ranges from top to bottom lane and across Summoner’s Rift. We want to broaden the pool of high-level talent to include expert tacticians previously excluded by something so trivial as the necessity of hyper-twitch reflexes.

There’s a lot to talk about, but with the entirely accidental leaks of some New Ultra Rapid Fire assets, we thought it’d be better to just show you. Tomorrow, we’ll release the proverbial kraken known as New Ultra Rapid Fire to live servers.

Here’s a preview of some of the gameplay refinements coming tomorrow night when New Ultra Rapid Fire debuts:
    • +100% mana and energy cost on all abilities
    • +200% cooldown inflation on abilities, items and summoner spells
    • +225 movement speed reduction
    • +200% delay between basic attacks
    • Critical strikes deal 50% of base AD
    • Units critically strike on 150% of attacks

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The first game mode ever where 90% of players say "fuck this" and alt-f4 before minions spawn!

• Options
    Katarina unaffected at all.

• Options
    Can't help but assume Tryndamere will be the worst champion in the mode

I'm so excited to play it, though

• Options
    Reset champions, champions with low cd and hard to hit skill shots, long range champions. Champions that can farm without autos. Champions that make good use of move speed (ideally flat) granting items. Not hecarim

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Karthus might be nasty. He may lay waste to all before him.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Karthus might be nasty. He may lay waste to all before him.

He'll have to buy a few tears, but yeah.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That sounds absolutely awful.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Champions with minions might be super strong because the move speed debuff might not apply to them. So Annie could easily chase you down with Tibbers and malzahar might be really strong. Ditto heimerdinger.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Banner of command should be OP because most champions will have no way to kill a magic immune minion with their 25% of normal auto attack dps.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Rumble is my new favorite champion. He is just fun to play and those ults are complete game changers.

I went on a bit of a loss streak today... Wanted to play something different top because I am tired of the same old. The game started with sej being in my lane 3 times pre-6. So i couldn't farm or shut down Nasus, nasus had something like 30 cs on me as he froze the lane and sej would farm the right side of the jungle then come back to my lane. We lost a couple of early team fights barely with them getting away with no health and having to back before they could take objectives. I kept getting assists. I ended up finishing my boots 2 and liandries. Our jungler kept trying to surrender, i stayed possitive the one guy was in promos. We ended up sneaking a baron, and they engaged us and all of them lined up for my ult. Still frustrating I rarely got any kills the entire game and ended up with less gold then the support.
    bd0mRWj.jpg

However.... I zoned graves out of every team fight and nasus just melted with % health damage....
    fM7PqkA.jpg

Yes the support did more damage then the ADC.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
This discussion has been closed.