As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i picked brand

and it wasn't an auto win

then i read the patch notes

goodbye perma stun.

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Is Karthus autobanned?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    Azir on URF is R I D I C U L O U S

286v37l.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    uh wow you guys

gangplank

+ sona bot lane

you just. . .never leave. lane and delete anyone who comes near you

steam_sig.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I thought karthus and ryze were auto banned

I meant if Riot had just disabled him for the mode because dumb.

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I like this mode a lot. First time I picked Nidalee and started W, I had about 30 traps in the lane before my opponent showed up, hahaha. We lost got second but who cares, it was fun.

Next game I did Udyr and the enemy didn't have a jungler. With all the stance switching it was like I was facerolling an animal-noises soundboard.

I've had Ryze in each game but it didn't matter much. Played against a Karthus too, didn't really notice - I think he was forgetting to ult.

Red Raevyn on
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    tiloah wrote: »
    I bought Sej to learn how to jungle but I am too paralyzed with fear to actually play her. People are so cruel in this game.

Every time another player comments on your Sejuani play, disregard their statement entirely and reply "I'm on a boar, motherfucker."

This is the correct way to learn how to play Sejuani.

god this is like the worst advice I've ever seen anywhere

It's

"I'm ON A BEAR MOTHERFUCKER!"

This is how you do

I'm sorry to break this to you, Roz, but it appears that you have cool boar blindness.

There are only two acceptable skins - Bear and Poro. Everything else is automatic shame territory.

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Apparently Riot forgot that last time they had a long list of champions that they removed from the game mode because they were too stupid to let in the game mode.

So currently nobody is permanently disabled

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I feel like disabling things because they're too stupid runs directly counter to the point of URF. They should be making things more stupid, if anything.

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure I like URF all that much. Maybe it's because I almost exclusively play melee champs. Nvm Sion still wrecks.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    Khavall wrote: »
    Apparently Riot forgot that last time they had a long list of champions that they removed from the game mode because they were too stupid to let in the game mode.

So currently nobody is permanently disabled

The list was like fifteen champs long at the end so.... proably doesnt matter everyone can have stupid OP.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Ah yes there it is, the front page Reddit thread asking to get rid of Dominion and swap in Urf permanently.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    replace ranked solo with URF-buff dominion

get shaco out of this map

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Would anivia be able to wall off a lane of minions forever?

• tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    credeiki wrote: »
    fuckkkk, I want to do the API challenge but I am so busy with my data science training workshop that I don't even have time to play LoL. By "Submit a piece of software that utilizes game data from the New Ultra Rapid Fire update preview." do they mean 'analyze data from the URF games and present it in a shiny/browsable way'? Or is that not "software"?

I mean submissions are github repos with "demos if possible," so I think it's really going to come down to creativity. I've been meaning to play with the API for a while now but I'm going on vacation for most of the challenge. Not that I'd be creative enough to come up with something worth submitting.

tiloah on
    LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    replace ranked solo with URF-buff dominion

Durfminion? I'm game.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Spell vamp Sion is the most hilarious thing in URF. just keep shouting minions at the enemy and full healing yourself. :D

Not even close to full AP galio. Your W has a 2.4 second CD and a 4 second duration. You can tank inhibitor turrets as you auto attack kill them.(with about 500 AP). Anyone who doesn't have a LOT of burst or super super high DPS will simply heal you by hitting you.

R>Q>W>E.

edit:

E.G. I got picked on early but

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1779173997/32634150?tab=stats

I had more damage HEALED than anyone on their team did to champions

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1779183106/32634150?tab=stats

Only lux beats my healing score in damage. And barely. I just facetanked Katarina ults and Shaco Boxes. I 1v4'd blitz, kat, shaco, and brand, and got three of them. And this was having to 2v1 vs blitz/lux early game(and getting wrecked)

Yes... but are you shouting minions at people :P... Also I have to try this galio thing :D

You will eventually get to a point where any ability that does <300 damage to someone with 200 armor/180 MR (Scaling armor yellows, scaling MR blues, max W at level 18 but NO defensive items) will near guarantee healing you.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Spell vamp Sion is the most hilarious thing in URF. just keep shouting minions at the enemy and full healing yourself. :D

Not even close to full AP galio. Your W has a 2.4 second CD and a 4 second duration. You can tank inhibitor turrets as you auto attack kill them.(with about 500 AP). Anyone who doesn't have a LOT of burst or super super high DPS will simply heal you by hitting you.

R>Q>W>E.

edit:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1779173997/32634150?tab=stats

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1779183106/32634150?tab=stats

Only lux beats my healing score in damage. And barely. I just facetanked Katarina ults and Shaco Boxes. I 1v4'd blitz, kat, shaco, and brand, and got three of them. And this was having to 2v1 vs blitz/lux early game(and getting wrecked)

Yes... but are you shouting minions at people :P... Also I have to try this galio thing :D

You will eventually get to a point where any ability that does <300 damage to someone with 200 armor/180 MR (Scaling armor yellows, scaling MR blues, max W at level 18 but NO defensive items) will near guarantee healing you.

I am very close to trying out a spellvamp Sion build since Sion doesn't build damage anyway, and Spirit Visage could make heals from W and E actually valuable. I mean, he mainly soaks and ccs, so additional self heal and sustain sounds good.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Blitz Nami is the most nerve wracking kill lane on Urf.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited April 2015
    played some urf. constantly mashing abilities and having everyone die instantly in fights is not really that fun, actually.

leaving ascension as still the best map type

Jars on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    T8 is 100% not disbanding based on that clearly April Fool's joke of a post. They're disbanding because Porpoise gets too many ladies, or because when Slooshi streams he only gets 30 viewers, or because people don't chant their name like TSM? Or half the other reasons.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Pretty sure that's why @Spectrum put "news" in "quotation marks".

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Good point. I didn't see that because I'm browsing in a hurry.

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    April 1st truly is the worst day on the internet.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    fuckkkk, I want to do the API challenge but I am so busy with my data science training workshop that I don't even have time to play LoL. By "Submit a piece of software that utilizes game data from the New Ultra Rapid Fire update preview." do they mean 'analyze data from the URF games and present it in a shiny/browsable way'? Or is that not "software"?

I mean submissions are github repos with "demos if possible," so I think it's really going to come down to creativity. I've been meaning to play with the API for a while now but I'm going on vacation for most of the challenge. Not that I'd be creative enough to come up with something worth submitting.

Ok, I came up with a concept for some minimal data analysis and a silly product in the spirit of URF to go with it, and got my coding collaborator/occasional LoL duo bro to go along with it. Starting this weekend!
    (using an API and parsing data is totally "data science" and therefore I'm not slacking on the workshop in favor of videogames, right? Right. Definitely.)

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Jars wrote: »
    played some urf. constantly mashing abilities and having everyone die instantly in fights is not really that fun, actually.

leaving ascension as still the best map type

it's just like

what meaningful choices are there when everyone's mashin'

none

Orphane on
  • tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular

Ok, I came up with a concept for some minimal data analysis and a silly product in the spirit of URF to go with it, and got my coding collaborator/occasional LoL duo bro to go along with it. Starting this weekend!
    (using an API and parsing data is totally "data science" and therefore I'm not slacking on the workshop in favor of videogames, right? Right. Definitely.)

That sounds so awesome! Will you post it (or PM it to me) when you finish it? I'd love to see what you come up with.

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    I bought Sej to learn how to jungle but I am too paralyzed with fear to actually play her. People are so cruel in this game.

Every time another player comments on your Sejuani play, disregard their statement entirely and reply "I'm on a boar, motherfucker."

This is the correct way to learn how to play Sejuani.

god this is like the worst advice I've ever seen anywhere

It's

"I'm ON A BEAR MOTHERFUCKER!"

This is how you do

"I'VE GOT AN ANGRY LADY ON ME, MOTHERFUCKER"

broken image link
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

R>Q>W>E.

edit:

I found a problem with it, if your team is just getting crushed by 15 minutes, galio cant come into invincible mode. Mainly because of the healing reduction pre 20 minutes. If you can get past that point oohh boy. Pre 15 minutes he is a bit weak. Seems like the point of the mode is just insanity so.

Draygo on
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Would anivia be able to wall off a lane of minions forever?

This is something I'd actually love to know/see. Like when Heimer was able to wall off lane minions and accumulate an army and just fucking march down lane to destroy everything...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvugzSQwaso

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
    Dont forget promote

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_xLYWK7KI

I'm going to be watching on twitch but I linked the youtube version because of the description:
    Two teams, each with a storied legacy and decades of achievements, take to the Rift for the finals of the grandest, most elegant event of all time: The URFitational. Watch as titans of League of Legends clash in the most refined competition ever witnessed by humanity. There's also a corgi in a tuxedo.

CORGI IN A TUXEDO? I'M IN.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    I found out who the real hitler of urf is. it's twisted fate

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

daa36e9d69a7a8a6d9bcd7d8d148b1e1.jpg

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

On URF, we are all the realest Hitler.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.