As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i'm buff, i'm the stuff, and the wrestling thread just can't get enough!

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    The WWE came to my neck of the woods on Friday night and put on one helluva house show

This guys was there

oh and it was Hulk Hogan appreciation night and THEY RAISED A BANNER FOR HULK HOGAN IN MSG (Personally this is huge because I dont expect my Knicks to raise one any time soon)

Hogan absolutely deserves that. But so does Bruno.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »
    I'm gonna be honest, I was really hoping last night that Rousey would be at the PWG show until I remembered she had a fight today.

Well you got Meltzer.

This is a good segue into some general notes from the show last night.

- Good lord was this show packed. Once all the pre-sale was in, Angelo got on the mic to say they had over 100 people they were going to try and squeeze into standing room only seating, which prompted the entire room to start laughing. When you see this show, look at the OBVIOUS FIRE CODE VIOLATIONS standing in each corner of the room.

- As for ourselves, we went for a new thing where we sat in the back row stage side, which meant we could sit on the stage (legitimately right below Excalibur). Really good seats, except we couldn't stand all that often just out of respect to the hard cam.

- This really was an excellent show top to bottom. Busick and Bailey had one hell of an opener, and all three newcomers (Bailey, Beaver Boys, and Monster Mafia) impressed. Monster Mafia probably looked the best out of the three but I'm sure all come back, especially with the current RoH contract embargo.

- Meltzer sat ringside and I kept looking at him to see how he'd react to the matches, and how he watches shows in general. I don't know how he stays so analytical at ringside with his notepad, but even then I saw him visibly clapping for a few spots, and of course his favorite match was the Young Bucks one (the Young Bucks announced themselves and made sure to point out that they're Meltzer's favorite tag team). He was surprisingly friendly to everyone, shaking fans hands before and after the show, and making it a point to introduce himself to all the wrestlers during preshow/intermission/postshow. Really nice guy.

- Also as a side note, but the Bucks have somehow managed to secretly transition back into a beloved face tag team in Reseda despite still cheating their asses off. Obviously that residual Bullet Club rub is paying off (PS I got a Too Sweet from Nick after the show).

- Roddy vs Zack Sabre Jr is going to be insane, just fyi.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Overall super show. Every match was good, the last four matches were all different but all excellent in their own way, and the opener was as well.

99% certain this was from Meltzer, since it's on the site and doesn't have any other name attached.

I'm sure he'll be talking about it on the show tonight.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    Overall super show. Every match was good, the last four matches were all different but all excellent in their own way, and the opener was as well.

99% certain this was from Meltzer, since it's on the site and doesn't have any other name attached.

I'm sure he'll be talking about it on the show tonight.

I didn't think the Gulak/Hero was a great match (and I thought this was more on Hero cause it really felt like Gulak carried him through it). But other than that I agree with him.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

This feels like something that started as a joke between the two of them and has escalated to the point where both are taking potshots at each other but are still acting like it's still just a joke.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    or possibly a social media experiment with the goal of building heat for a TV feud #WWE

Zack just needs a crowd of bros/babes that hum his theme or sing "Don't Stop Believing"

Xehalus on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I'm sure it's just their way of getting some attention like Ziggler challening Bryan on twitter. Get people talking. Hell it might work for the Divas.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Also I agree with whoever said Rousey is intimidating. I've only ever seen her in glamour model mode with the hair down, but her walking to the ring, she looked like she was about to just straight up murder everyone.

That said, I never ever want to hear about Bud Beer again.

Funnily enough, a Bud would be the perfect beer for never hearing about Bud beer again.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    or possibly a social media experiment with the goal of building heat for a TV feud #WWE

Zack just needs a crowd of bros/babes that hum his theme or sing "Don't Stop Believing"

Or, or, he could go away. That would be good. There are plenty of more talented wrestlers on the roster.

Or maybe not go away but start working in a different capacity.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    - Meltzer sat ringside and I kept looking at him to see how he'd react to the matches, and how he watches shows in general. I don't know how he stays so analytical at ringside with his notepad, but even then I saw him visibly clapping for a few spots, and of course his favorite match was the Young Bucks one (the Young Bucks announced themselves and made sure to point out that they're Meltzer's favorite tag team). He was surprisingly friendly to everyone, shaking fans hands before and after the show, and making it a point to introduce himself to all the wrestlers during preshow/intermission/postshow. Really nice guy.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Like or hate either Ryder or Rose, they're putting more effort into a Twitter feud that most people will never see and which probably won't get them any productive TV time than WWE puts into half its feuds that actually air on their programming.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Like or hate either Ryder or Rose, they're putting more effort into a Twitter feud that most people will never see and which probably won't get them any productive TV time than WWE puts into half its feuds that actually air on their programming.

That's kind of Ryder's trademark. He did the same thing on his Youtube show for feuds with Ziggler and Morrison that never happened.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Just saw the very last TNA Joe match. It was good.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    PWInsider wrote:
    A number of readers sent word this morning that Vince Russo announced overnight that he was, depending on the announcement, shutting down his subscription website, going on hiatus or leaving his own website.

On his Facebook page, Russo wrote, "I will not be posting anything—blogs, videos, podcasts, from this point going forward. I am no way any longer associated with the site."

What this means for his paying subscribers is that after several months of building his "brand", Russo left without warning. Not quite the swerve they were hoping for, I am sure.

Regarding those subscribers, Russo wrote, "Please know, that if you renew your monthly membership, you will not be getting any content from Vince Russo from this day going forward. I also ask you to not buy any Vince Russo merchandise, as I no longer have access to the orders."

Oddly enough, the website itself features no announcement, as what was originally posted there has since been deleted.

If Russo no longer has access to his own website, that likely means he was never actually in charge of the site or even owned it, which is amazing to me on so many levels.

So, in a way, Vince Russo quit himself. That's a swerve I doubt anyone saw coming.

Bro,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2WxNL0WqAgw

Bro.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just needed you guys to know that Office Depot used a Daniel Bryan meme in this training PowerPoint.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

Huh, thought Styles would never work for Chikara.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    "Oh hey I'll just avoid the MMA thread until I get a chance to catch up on the UFC show, since I had to work at 7:30 this morning and couldn't stay up for a US PPV.
    I wonder what perfectly innocent and totally harmless chicanery is taking place in the wrestling thread this evening?....well fuck me."

An insight into my thought process.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    "Oh hey I'll just avoid the MMA thread until I get a chance to catch up on the UFC show, since I had to work at 7:30 this morning and couldn't stay up for a US PPV.
    I wonder what perfectly innocent and totally harmless chicanery is taking place in the wrestling thread this evening?....well fuck me."

Well you could have paid 60 bucks for a 14 second main event.

• Options

If there is anything at all you want to watch you should know not to come on to the internet before you watch it. WWE PPV? Don't go on Facebook, Maffew will have spoiled it. Walking Dead? Ok...still Facebook, except it's the official god damn channel posting an image of who died less than 15 hours ago.

Unliked.

• Options

Well you could have paid 60 bucks for a 14 second main event.

Speaking of, here's the entire fight, in gif form.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Russo and Cornette join forces in the name of hating the WWE

• Options

You should have known we'd be talkin g about a fight featuring Rowdy Ronda Rousey.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Tho I do apologize for being the one to bring it up.

Maybe there should be a SE++ fight thread. What with the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight coming up and Punk (and Brock...) going to the UFC. So rather than risk another one of these...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »

Maybe there should be a SE++ fight thread. What with the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight coming up and Punk (and Brock...) going to the UFC. So rather than risk another one of these...

Yeah, I've always kind of wondered why there wasn't an SE++ MMA thread. There's a D&D one but I guess it's not popular enough among SE peeps that anyone ever wanted to make one.

Honestly the only reason I ever know anything about MMA is from Observer Radios. I catch clips and stuff from time to time but I'm not really into it at all. Except for Rousey. But it's not like I'm going to pay for one of their PPVs.

But apparently I am going to a Mayweather/Pacquiao watch party. That should be...interesting. Of course none of my other friends who are going have any idea about boxing so it's just going to be drinking and BSing anyway.

• Options
    If the Sheamus main event heel run turns out to be true I'd love to see matches with Roman.

• Options
    So ROH has their 13th Anniversary today and here's the card
    *Main Event - High Stakes 4 Corner Survival ROH World Championship Match*
    Jay Briscoe (c) vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs "War Beard" Hanson

ROH World Television Championship
    Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs Alberto El Patrón

ROH World Tag Team Championship
    reDRagon (c) vs The Young Bucks

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs ACH

ODB w/ Mark Briscoe vs Maria Kanellis w/ Michael Bennett

Triple Threat Tag Team Match
    The Addiction (Chris Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs The Kingdom (Michael Bennett & Matt Taven) vs The Bullet Club (Doc Gallows & "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson)

Grudge Match
    "Mr ROH" Roderick Strong vs The Decade's BJ Whitmer

ROH Stars Signed to Appear
    - #Reborn Matt Sydal

Plus Joe officially returns. Pretty sure it's around 40 bucks on PPV.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    So ROH has their 13th Anniversary today and here's the card
    *Main Event - High Stakes 4 Corner Survival ROH World Championship Match*
    Jay Briscoe (c) vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs "War Beard" Hanson

ROH World Television Championship
    Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs Alberto El Patrón

ROH World Tag Team Championship
    reDRagon (c) vs The Young Bucks

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs ACH

ODB w/ Mark Briscoe vs Maria Kanellis w/ Michael Bennett

Triple Threat Tag Team Match
    The Addiction (Chris Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs The Kingdom (Michael Bennett & Matt Taven) vs The Bullet Club (Doc Gallows & "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson)

Grudge Match
    "Mr ROH" Roderick Strong vs The Decade's BJ Whitmer

ROH Stars Signed to Appear
    - #Reborn Matt Sydal

Plus Joe officially returns. Pretty sure it's around 40 bucks on PPV.

Yeah....I may have to pay for that.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    I'm not ordering it but if I hear it's good I might get it on home video, especially if Jay loses the title.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Yeah, I've always kind of wondered why there wasn't an SE++ MMA thread. There's a D&D one but I guess it's not popular enough among SE peeps that anyone ever wanted to make one.

Honestly the only reason I ever know anything about MMA is from Observer Radios. I catch clips and stuff from time to time but I'm not really into it at all. Except for Rousey. But it's not like I'm going to pay for one of their PPVs.

But apparently I am going to a Mayweather/Pacquiao watch party. That should be...interesting. Of course none of my other friends who are going have any idea about boxing so it's just going to be drinking and BSing anyway.

Wasn't MMA part of the wrestling threads for a while? I think it just got phased out...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I like that Ronda Rousey has a fighting career that can be chronicled on VIne.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    My friend told me some NJPW guys are going to King of Trios and I got excited and then I saw it my least favorite three people from that promotion.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    My friend told me some NJPW guys are going to King of Trios and I got excited and then I saw it my least favorite three people from that promotion.

AJ I can understand because while he's a great wrestler he is a garbage person from trashville...but I do not see Bad Luck Fale anywhere in that picture.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

AJ I can understand because while he's a great wrestler he is a garbage person from trashville...but I do not see Bad Luck Fale anywhere in that picture.

Yeah true, Fale is worse.

My dislike of AJ goes beyond him being garbage and more that I haven't seen a match where he entertains me at all.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »

That's kind of Ryder's trademark. He did the same thing on his Youtube show for feuds with Ziggler and Morrison that never happened.

The ZRvsDZ build up as brilliant.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

The party makes sense because the PPV is going to cost a hundred fucking dollars, so it's better to have groups get together, watch, and chip in for the bill

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    if I had the cash or if NJ wasn't being blanketed in snow as we speak I'd be catching the ppv (My cousin is ordering it but getting to his place in this isn't safe)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.