As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, February 27, 2015 - Stage Direction

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, February 27, 2015 - Stage Direction

Stage Direction

Stage Direction

http://campcomic.com/comic/186

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    addiesinaddiesin Registered User regular
    That cat has dreams. DREAMS!

Btw is the submit comment button looking strange to anyone else? It looks strange to me.

• Options
    MashtatoMashtato Registered User regular
    Yeah, the submit button looks like the 'leave a comment' header to me.

• Options
    Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    yea Addiesin, I actually can't see the submit button. I just kind of know to click in that general area to submit my post.

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    @ADDIESIN you mean like how it doesn't even show up at all except for a faint outline that looks like a MissingNo.-esque mess? It's been like that for a while now: http://puu.sh/geX5g/63165dfc47.jpg

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    The submit button has always been the same for me as well. It's supposed to be a cropped section of this image: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/themes/pennyarcade/design/images/campcomic-comments-s543c6b90a2.png
    However, instead of cropping it just shrinks the image to 71x30.

Maybe we should have told Katie sooner...

TrueLink on
  • Options
    XephusXephus Registered User regular
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh its a camp secret!

• Options
    Roymaster45Roymaster45 Registered User regular
    Brian carrying Seventeen like that is so adorable.

Also, while we're on the topic, I agree that the Submit button has always been really small/faint for me.

• Options
    kls1042kls1042 Registered User new member
    I can't help but wonder how many cats live under the stage.

• Options
    Zazu YenZazu Yen Senior Developer San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    How is it those logs didn't get burned in the big fire? I guess they're too heavy for the kids to carry.

"Hey everyone, lets put on a show!" I like where this is going, a chance to really showboat the characters in the camp.

ExistentialExistenceException: Your thread encountered a NULL pointer and entered a state of non-being.
  • Options
    AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers about the stage, that's how it survived. Also, Seventeen's eyes in the first panel. Adorable.

• Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    You all seriously see the submit button that way? It's always looked blue/black to me.

• Options
    RentynRentyn Registered User new member
    I'm excited for the kickstarter stuff!
    And ahhhh Seventeen is always so cute <3

• Options
    plato360plato360 Registered User regular
    Brian's carrying Seventeen is just awesome. The way her feet are kicking in the second to last panel makes me think she's being held over a puddle.

Also, since it's come up: the submit/login button has never shown for me. Like Mr. Fish, I just kind of know where to click

• Options
    ss8913ss8913 Registered User new member
    Is it just me or is Malachi rapidly turning into Master Shake?

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Aaah Malachi, you're not a nice person :p.

Also, laughed way to hard at Brian just carrying Seventeen under one arm :D.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    I don't remember seeing the stage before.
    Anyways, I kicked in to the kickstarter so I'll just sit here like a feral cat now, waiting to pounce on my signed hardcover. :D

• Options
    Roymaster45Roymaster45 Registered User regular
    Re: Streever

...I can't even.

• Options
    NuurgleNuurgle Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    I never want to see Seventeen walking on her own ever again!! This is just the cutest thing ever!

• Options
    Lingering GrinLingering Grin Registered User regular
    Talent show:

*Twins take stage*
    *hypnotize everyone*
    *Win*

All power to the hypnotoa...err twins

• Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    Twin * Illuminati = Extremely uncomfortable routine involving quotes of children deserving to die or something. Also cat.

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    A talent show, you say?
    SHOW ME THE FEEVER,
    INTO THE FIIRE,
    TAKIN IT HIIGHER AND HIGHER!

• Options
    bandizzzlebandizzzle Registered User regular
    I feel it's a little bit BS that you are funding your book on kickstarter...

• Options
    xp-39c2xp-39c2 Registered User new member
    How would it be BS? Kickstarter makes the most sense. it's entirely optional and it allows her to try to make a book without first worrying about if it will sell? There can't be a lot of money in online comics, any way that she can lessen the risk she faces is only good. It's still the same amount of money for you per book it just comes with some options for enhanced donation.

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    bandizzzle wrote: »
    I feel it's a little bit BS that you are funding your book on kickstarter...
    I'm curious to know why you see it that way.

• Options
    davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    Anyone else almost forget to read the comic having clicked too quickly on the quickstarter? ;-) Maybe just me, but, I've been wishing for these to be collected in a book since at least Inauguration Day back last May! I hope you find a printer that's good to work with and patient through press checks. Just getting the color right over so many pages could cost a small fortune in press time. Definitely worth kickstarting.

It is weirdly reassuring to see Malachi returning to his pure, self-centered form so soon after his near-death experience in the deep deep woods.

• Options
    AriWerdAriWerd Registered User regular
    I love Mal. He's delightfully self centered but also self aware and generally not mean about it. :)

For what it's worth, I think using Kickstarter to fund your book is absolutely appropriate.

As to the submit button, I've never been able to see it. I just figured where it is and click there. I assumed I was the only one who couldn't see it considering all the comments you get. :)

• Options
    AlernetAlernet Registered User regular
    There's a body under that stage. There HAS to be.

• Options
    StarvingGeckoStarvingGecko Registered User regular
    Yargh, I took far too long to comment again. Apparently I've too much nothing to do in the meantime. Anywhoozles, Malachi's bit of haughtiness never quite dissipates, does it? There is also something rather adorable about Seventeen's contentment with being carried about by Brian.

As for cynicism towards the Kickstarter prospect (indubitably minor as it was), I suppose it might stem from some mistrust toward the usage of Kickstarter projects in the past. I dunno' about what could exemplify this case though, because this is clearly an existing property that is just trying to push for a batch of physical compilations for people who would support such, rather than, say, a new property under ambiguous conditions or so forth.

In any case, I don't want to make the same mistake I did with the Skadi compilation; I need to find a way to get my mitts on this when the time comes.

• Options
    fatbuddhafatbuddha Registered User new member
    Katie - your comic is great. Keep doing what you do. :)

p.s. Please let your webgeekperson know that the comment button needs a little css love:
    input.Button.CommentButton{background-size:auto;}

• Options
    RuntCakeRuntCake Swampsville, USARegistered User regular
    Katie - Congratz on insta-crushing your first Kickstarter Goals.
    I'm hovering over the buy list to get this for my daughter, whom I've been introducing to a lot of female created and female positive art lately. My question is - due to lack of recall - if you think that 12 year old you would find this suitable (more importantly, would your mother...?) This is going in with the likes of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, a full BONE collection, Kelly Tindall's Strangebeard, etc.

Thanks!

The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed after him.
  • Options
    DamboomDamboom Registered User new member
    .Embed .CommentForm input.Button {
    background-size: inherit;
    }
    will fix the post button

• Options
    chemistx2chemistx2 Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see Brian on stage during the talent show. What wonderful talent will he amaze us with??

• Options
    cyberNurglecyberNurgle Registered User regular
    Congrats on getting funded Katie. Double what you asked for and still a month to go.

Also can't wait to see what what everyone's talent is.

• Options
    kateberlykateberly Registered User regular
    Malachi's arrogance makes me both mad and amused by him.