As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Frustration

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Alternatively:
    36c3bc33ba519ee18cd517e454a2e04c.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    oh fiddle dee dee!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    One time a Patton put an APFDS round through my T-62's glacis at like 2km in Graviteam Tactics before my platoon even fired so I bellowed "fucking cunt" and slammed my fist into my shitty ikea desk so hard that it accidentally went through my shitty desk

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I accidentally coined a definition of the word 'fuck' while in college: "n: an enemy's critical weak point"
    We were playing, I think one of the LOTR brawlers that came out around 2004-2005, and I was having a hard time against a troll boss or something. So I'm dodging, and rolling and swinging, while trying semi-coherently rage "goddamnit!... just hit him in the.... fuck!" *dead*
    So now when I play multiplayer games with that group of friends, and someone is having a hard time killing a dude, the suggestion is to try shooting it in the fuck.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I accidentally coined a definition of the word 'fuck' while in college: "n: an enemy's critical weak point"
    We were playing, I think one of the LOTR brawlers that came out around 2004-2005, and I was having a hard time against a troll boss or something. So I'm dodging, and rolling and swinging, while trying semi-coherently rage "goddamnit!... just hit him in the.... fuck!" *dead*
    So now when I play multiplayer games with that group of friends, and someone is having a hard time killing a dude, the suggestion is to try shooting it in the fuck.

"I hit him right in the fuck" is GREAT

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    When I was working on beating XCOM ironman impossible and I made a game-losing move I would just stop and stare blankly at the wall, contemplate what I was doing with my life for a few minutes, and then start up a new game.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I have never sworn during any video game, sorry I can't help you

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Back around '98ish, my friends constantly played Goldeneye on N64, generally on paintball mode for fun.

So one day after many rounds of shooting each other with paint bullets, we'd started to get a little bored and were just messing around.

My one friend (stereotypical white and nerdy, top 10 in his class, etc) was trying to draw a smiley face on the floor with the paint splotches.

Now of course, being '98, you could only leave so many paint marks on the map before the game had to conserve resources and remove the oldest ones. So after a few failed attempts at sizing this thing, he asked that we stop shooting and was finally able to complete his smiley face.

Cue one of us running in and totally messing it up by shooting at it, causing him to blurt out, very uncharacteristically, "yo... YO, HOMIE DON'T PLAY THAT!!"

After everyone stopped laughing, we went right back to playing normally and carried that phrase with us for years.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options

oh reverend mother joshofalltrades learn us to be better people

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I berate the main character. The latest round of this was "Delsin, move your damned ass!"

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Magic Pink wrote: »

oh reverend mother joshofalltrades learn us to be better people

Come, children, gather around and bask in the light of my impotent and inappropriate fury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW8vY0syNn4

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Please note that I am embarrassed at myself

• Options
    edited March 2015
    holy crap is that actually you because I'm laughing my ass off

JACK RABBIT POUNDER

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    That is a younger me, yes

• Options
    I am totally hammering your subscribe button and I best be a special guest star sometimes

I know swears too

• Options
    I could've sworn you were around back in my LPing days

tumblr_inline_n1kdm6e6K71rjvtx4.gif

• Options
    edited March 2015
    who can say not me

but I mainly get my LP subs from just looking for a game I want to watch played. I don't think I've ever gotten one from a link on the forums

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    "Son of a motherfucker"

"Shitboners"

"Excuse me?!"

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    "Dammit Nintendo."
    "Dammit Nintendo!"
    "DAMMIT NINTENDOOOOOO!"

Said in every Mario game I play.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i was waiting for the veni vidi vinci part, and it did not disappoint

finishing that game to completion was my highwater mark for games for a long time.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    that little *bwah* sound effect is etched into my memory

• Options
    oh my god if I keep watching that I'm gonna get fired

I am totes on full chortle mode

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Boy, I remember that LP. Still my only experience with VVVVVV, I don't think i'd have the patience to play it myself.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    VVVVVV is not so bad actually, not compared to other games of that ilk anyway. Sure you'll die a lot, but the respawn is brisk and convenient and you do noticeably improve over time.
    I think I first saw the game in Josh's LP actually and, when I bought it, just assumed I wouldn't be good enough to grab all the shiny things, but with a spell of prolonged cussing even the difficult bits were doable. It's a pretty well-designed game.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    VVVVVV is not so bad actually, not compared to other games of that ilk anyway. Sure you'll die a lot, but the respawn is brisk and convenient and you do noticeably improve over time.
    I think I first saw the game in Josh's LP actually and, when I bought it, just assumed I wouldn't be good enough to grab all the shiny things, but with a spell of prolonged cussing even the difficult bits were doable. It's a pretty well-designed game.

Yeah, and the music being completely incredible helps!

SoulEye (the guy who did the music for VVVVVV) left me positive comments on my LP, and got upset when the swear cut got briefly lost. At least I got to do something he enjoyed in return for the awesome chiptunes.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

It's an incredibly well-designed game. It's a platformer, distilled into its basic components, then honed to perfection.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    damnit zay

damnit pip

damnit huntera

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Nowadays the swear I use most is also the worst possible swear
    Raneados

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    "I'm using motion controls!"

"I'M USING MOTION CONTROLS!"

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

"waggle!"

"waggle!"

"WAGGLE!!!"

*throws Wiimote at TV screen*

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options

"waggle!"

"waggle!"

"WAGGLE!!!"

*TV remains intact because wrist strap was properly used*

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular

We should play Mario Kart 8 more.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular

"waggle!"

"waggle!"

"WAGGLE!!!"

*TV remains intact because wrist strap was properly used*

pssh who actually uses safety things i mean really

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I wonder if anyone has ever used the Mario Kart 8 chat things in a sincere fashion.
    After enough shell-based carnage even 'Hello!' starts to feel like mockery.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

I should beat you at Mario Kart 8 more.

i agree

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    If any of you have seen the recent Eye of the Ryckert video on Giant Bomb

His expressions 100% emulate mine when playing Punch-Out

"FUCK YOU" just as soon as you're knocked down

And you can always feel it coming and have the words come out slightly before the hit takes you down

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    CROM!

Also fuck.
    fuck
    fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckity fuck

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm going old school next time I'm playing a shooter.

With mine final breath I stab at thee!

Alas, I am slain by a brigand!

Thine mother!

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Thy parentage is questionable!

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say