As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Have you let Goku in to your heart?

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    They don't print many knowing that the fans just buy them up at launch and interest fizzles quickly thereafter not requiring new production runs? Digital distribution is great for these kind of titles.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Picked this up on Steam over Christmas. There's just something magical about knocking someone to the ground and then blasting them.

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Aw dammit i locked myself out of nueva/eis shenron supers/ultimates because i wished for omega shenron's super/ultimate first

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Picked this up on Steam over Christmas. There's just something magical about knocking someone to the ground and then blasting them.

I'm glad they incorporated this better in this one.
    It's def good feels when you end a combo with a KI blast with your opponent in the dust.
    Still tricky to pull off though.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I'm glad they incorporated this better in this one.
    It's def good feels when you end a combo with a KI blast with your opponent in the dust.
    Still tricky to pull off though.

Really that's half of why it's so satisfying.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Who playtested this game and thought the 3 on 1 patroller fights were acceptable? The moment I even begin to stop moving to you know. Punch someone, I get immediately stunlocked by them all. How the fuck are you supposed to do this?

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Who playtested this game and thought the 3 on 1 patroller fights were acceptable? The moment I even begin to stop moving to you know. Punch someone, I get immediately stunlocked by them all. How the fuck are you supposed to do this?

Do you mean the optional ones? The best way to beat them is to be way higher level. The other problem with them though is they can be random levels so if you aren't max level you might end up fighting a patrolled that is.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I just cheesed that fight with Super ki explosion and the Z-soul that starts you off with all your Ki charged.

Yeah keep flying into my radiant destruction aura thanks.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Aw dammit i locked myself out of nueva/eis shenron supers/ultimates because i wished for omega shenron's super/ultimate first

That happens?

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »

Do you mean the optional ones? The best way to beat them is to be way higher level. The other problem with them though is they can be random levels so if you aren't max level you might end up fighting a patrolled that is.
    Not the random ones. I'm talking specifically about the blue quest ones in the city.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

That happens?

Well yes thankfully i found out that switching between characters can help with that problem

• Options
    Yup. still trying to do that sidequest. Still getting destroyed because it's really badly designed, and I cannot get even single hits in because the literal second I stop to punch anyone I am immediately stunlocked by two other people. Good.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yay, so they stuck to the same design principle for "difficult" fights from Xenoverse 1.

So much Son family Kamehameha spam...

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    The good news is that more difficult enemies no longer have nigh permanent super armor. And for Kamehameha spam there is at least a super soul to deal with that (from the TP shop that is available since it's the weekend). The bad news is the developers still have, like, no idea how to design balanced interesting encounters.

Overall I've been finding the game more enjoyable, but it's sort of only a half-step forward. Balance is still overall abysmal and the game has some truly baffling design decisions. Like if you decide to go strike supers as a specialization, it takes a long ass time to find any strike ultras. You don't start with any, none are available from the shop, only two mentors give them and they aren't available early, etc. Plus just minor issues like why flight isn't available from the start in the hub, some barely functional moves, incorrect tooltips, just kind of all come together to bring the game down.

The first game was a weird budget title that became hugely more popular than they ever expected. This feels like they were still treating it like a budget title despite the popularity.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    To be fair, a complete lack of balance is being true to the source material in a way.

To be realistic, lack of balance is a problem in a game and they should have done better.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    To be fair, a complete lack of balance is being true to the source material in a way.

To be realistic, lack of balance is a problem in a game and they should have done better.
    Yeah, but a lot of the time the lack of balance makes the player feel incredibly weak in this case. Especially when you're getting juggled by three rando time patrollers while you just punched the hell out of SSGSS Goku.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Yooo.

I didn't expect it to be like this.

There's a thing Toriyama has been hesitant to do with saiyans, even though it has been done in various sideprojects and what-ifs.
    It almost looks like the legendary super-saiyan of another timeline/universe.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Making other characters relevant: eeeeeeeehhh

More Saiyan shit: YEAAAAAAAAA

Toriyama.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Look. Look.

Babysteps, alright?

First we push Vegeta a little. He has almost everything in common with Goku, but he isn't literally Goku.

Then, we push Trunks. Not as much like Goku. Only half saiyan.

Then,
    we make a new character, still a lot in common with Goku, but not literally Goku, and not a man.

Babysteps.

• Options
    Anyone know how I can get Future Super Saiyan?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Get all of the eggs and ccomplete the little chapter that comes from that.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I know he's one of the more overhyped characters in the series, but Broly is legit one of my favorite characters as well.

Whether intentionally or not, his entire concept is essentially a loving parody of DBZ and its absurd power levels. He starts off with a power level of 10,000 as a fucking baby and his Xbox Huge physique only emphasizes the in-joke even further.

So it's cool that they're putting that kind of weight (metaphorically and also literally) towards the first canon Female Super Saiyan, but I also hope they do right with the concept and not make her yet another character that gets one-shot by the Super Saiyan God Squad.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Also, the abridged Brolly movie is way better than the origional.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    https://media.giphy.com/media/JpNoRJ66cQYzS/giphy.gif

It looks a lot cooler than older attempts.

• Options
    I know he's one of the more overhyped characters in the series, but Broly is legit one of my favorite characters as well.

Whether intentionally or not, his entire concept is essentially a loving parody of DBZ and its absurd power levels. He starts off with a power level of 10,000 as a fucking baby and his Xbox Huge physique only emphasizes the in-joke even further.

So it's cool that they're putting that kind of weight (metaphorically and also literally) towards the first canon Female Super Saiyan, but I also hope they do right with the concept and not make her yet another character that gets one-shot by the Super Saiyan God Squad.
    The big problem is that later on, Broly had a very select vocabulary.

And by select I mean the verbal tick of "The only word he could say is scream KAKAROT at the top of his lungs"

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I hope they try a different route this time.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The abridged Broly movie fucking nailed the dichotomy of Broly.

"It's so fucking cool! ...But it's so fucking dumb!"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    "Hail King Vegeta!"

"I never knew I wanted something so much in my life until I received it."

Abridged Broly movie was great. Though everything they do is great.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

The big problem is that later on, Broly had a very select vocabulary.

And by select I mean the verbal tick of "The only word he could say is scream KAKAROT at the top of his lungs"

Ironic considering he had some of the coolest lines in his first movie.

"Kakarot, I'm dedicating this festival of blood to you!"

(closeup of Goku sweating profusely)

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    The expert missions are really poorly done for a good chunk of them. The fights are really tedious and unfun.

I also seem to have a massive problem with attacks connecting. I am literally right in front of Giant Ape Bardock and my Final Flash does absolutely no damage. Plus all the attacks that have a melee hit followed up by a ki blast that are apparently easily dodged whether I stun them or not.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    "Hail King Vegeta!"

"Chi-Chi - Goku, I want a divorce."

Ha hah!

So, the new storyline in Dragon Ball Super is a tournament between 12 different universes, with a team of 10 fighters from each universe. Not counting the Z Fighters and the guys we've already seen from universe 6, that's like a 100 fucking guys. Plus each universe has a God of Destruction and an attendant like Beerus and Whis. There's gonna be so many new characters. So many.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    "Hail King Vegeta!"

"Chi-Chi - Goku, I want a divorce."

Ha hah!

So, the new storyline in Dragon Ball Super is a tournament between 12 different universes, with a team of 10 fighters from each universe. Not counting the Z Fighters and the guys we've already seen from universe 6, that's like a 100 fucking guys. Plus each universe has a God of Destruction and an attendant like Beerus and Whis. There's gonna be so many new characters. So many.

And every single one that loses the tournament will literally be erased from existence.

Thanks Goku.

• Options
    We bokurano now.

• Options
    I like a bunch of the new designs.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    People might get a kick out of this - here's the opening for the new arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S62aTCc-Vm8

Can probably expect a number of these characters to show up in-game eventually. Or maybe prompt a Xenoverse 3.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    The plan has been to support this game for a somewhat long time, and not make a third one in the foreseeable future, but maybe later.

• Options
    I can see that. XV1 had the awkward release date of coming between Battle of Gods and the announcement of Ressurection F. But XV2 was made knowing that Super exists, so they can just periodically add stuff from it as more arcs happen, I bet.

• Options
    I want to see Roshi bust his foot off in some asses.

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I want to see Roshi bust his foot off in some asses.
    I love the idea that all universes have a power scale that drops off at Roshi.

Xenoverse wise, good chance we'll get Roshi added in if he's in this tournament in Super. They could even give him his buff transformation that gives him the ability to shoot Kamehamehas from his feet\single hands as a responsive move.
    (Wish we had a space to rant about how marvelous DBZA is sometimes)

Fantastic
  • Options
    It was actually the abridged series that seriously rekindled my love of Dragonball honestly.