As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Have you let Goku in to your heart?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    Ravelle wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    I wanted Mystic Gohan to save the day in the Buu Saga. :(

Nope. Goku all the time forever. And most fans of DBZ I know actually idolize Goku and thought that they shouldn't have bothered with the Gohan bit, because Goku is The Hero and The Best. So I can't even say that Bandai made a wrong decision, because that's what their fans want.

Personally, I don't even like DBZ the series, I just think the games are fun, as well as DBZA. And I have always liked Piccolo because he looked coolest even before I watched any DBZ.

Even if Goku dies, he'll just get a halo above his head like Vegeta and do goku things anyways and if not, there's dragonballs to revive everyone.

It's Goku, really. Who is going to stop him if he wants to get involved even when he is dead?

Yeah some of the early adult goku stuff was good too, but I liked the power scale of the original series better. Goku was on par with all the humans more or less still (he was still the same strength as them, he just learned a lot faster). martial arts styles/skill mattered. The only thing that was really above everyone was the supernatural.

I kind of wish a game would come out that was set during that period.

Powerlevels are the worst. Even Toriyama thinks they're dumb. But he's also easily amused.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ravelle wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    I wanted Mystic Gohan to save the day in the Buu Saga. :(

Nope. Goku all the time forever. And most fans of DBZ I know actually idolize Goku and thought that they shouldn't have bothered with the Gohan bit, because Goku is The Hero and The Best. So I can't even say that Bandai made a wrong decision, because that's what their fans want.

Personally, I don't even like DBZ the series, I just think the games are fun, as well as DBZA. And I have always liked Piccolo because he looked coolest even before I watched any DBZ.

Even if Goku dies, he'll just get a halo above his head like Vegeta and do goku things anyways and if not, there's dragonballs to revive everyone.

An original Dragonball RPG game would be super cool, it had some goofy characters, every character has its time and importance instead of " well, I'm SSJ3 God now, have fun training off-screen on a remote planet for the rest of the series" and was more light hearted. But I guess it wasn't popular enough to do anything with it, instead we got 30 versions of the same DBZ game.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Most of them are Japan only but never heard of the Wii and DS release, I'll check them out soon.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Free DLC for all owners, probably to celebrate 30 years of DragonBall

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/118238707206/today-we-released-a-free-dragon-ball

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I think it's more to celebrate Resurrection of F.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    May the 9th be with you..

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Well, it's also Piccolo day. You see, because today is the day that King Piccolo deemed to be Piccolo day in dragonball.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    So dbxv is on sale on Steam now. I picked it up because it got a decent review and sounds like fun.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Have to say I know I'm late to the party for this but holy crap I'm enjoying it. My son picked it up for the ps4 and I've played it more then he has and am up to lvl 37 now (had to restart after realizing my build was horrid). Then last night I had a stroke of luck and got Super Saiyan and Super Vegeta on their respective PQ's AND then managed to beat Vegeta's mentor mission to get Final Flash. Decided to try it out on the explosion of Namek with his z-soul equipped and managed to beat it AND the patroller that showed up after in 56 seconds using it. In DBZ Abriged Vegeta's words... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

EDIT**

Now if I could just get past those damn androids before they took out Trunks! :mad:

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Glad you're enjoying it.

Speaking of DBZA, I'm sure you know about male voice 8, yeah?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Glad you're enjoying it.

Speaking of DBZA, I'm sure you know about male voice 8, yeah?

I do! But I decided to go with I think 7 for my first one. Next one I make is definitely going to have voice 8 though.

Still have some grinding to do so I can start tackling the story missions again. Right now I'm torn between vacation delete or Final Flash for my move coupled with Super Vegeta.

Also, I'm correct in assuming that they fixed Frieza's z-soul so no more unlimited SSJ correct?

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    Sorry to keep raising a dead thread but I was just wondering if anyone else came across an issue with the skills shop being bugged? For the longest time I only had a list of about 10 or so skills (melee stuff mainly with the dance and whatnot as well). I just finished the Buu Saga in the story and only had Super Saiyan 2 added and a couple of other dodge/reversals added. I've been trying to keep an eye out for the upgraded ki charge as I have just the starter one (Max charge is supposed to be unlocked later?) but it just seems like I'm not seeing as many skills unlocking as I was anticipating.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's bugged but my skill shop is also pretty bare. Most skills I get from unlocking.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Yea, the skill shop never gets too much. After each main saga it will usually get 3 or 4 skills if not slightly less and then each DLC adds one or two skills.

A majority of the skills you get are from the PQ missions. Luckily they drop far more consistently than they used to because they patched the drop rates to be higher so it really isn't too bad farming specific skills you want. You can also see what each PQ drops in the PQ menu.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Ahh good to know then that something wasn't messed up I suppose.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Ahh good to know then that something wasn't messed up I suppose.

The skill shop seems to be if you decide you want to roll a different char, you aren't stuck with basic starter skills if you haven't farmed up PQs.

• Options
    Did not a single person on the internet try to put numbers on the activation-rate for z-assists? That's kind of surprising.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    They seem really random. I've had them come up every time I've used it in a fight, to not at al, to 50% of the time. Not sure what method they use to determine it gets triggered outside of the prerequisites.

Also, I Houghton the the read was being brought back to talk about Xenoverse 2, which will only be on the One and PS4 this go around and is coming out in October.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »
    They seem really random. I've had them come up every time I've used it in a fight, to not at al, to 50% of the time. Not sure what method they use to determine it gets triggered outside of the prerequisites.

Also, I Houghton the the read was being brought back to talk about Xenoverse 2, which will only be on the One and PS4 this go around and is coming out in October.

It's coming to PC.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Today I made a small, blonde human named Kirisame, and started putting all the points in Blast.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Today I made a small, blonde human named Kirisame, and started putting all the points in Blast.

Don't forget to pick up Final Flash, Final Shine Attack, and Kamehameha Boost.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Where were you guys when I picked this up on steam a few months ago to tell me not to pick namek?
    Read: I am too timid to revive a thread that hadn't had a post in nearly a year to ask for help.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I've been playing this game again the past few days, because eh why not. And even though it does have some significant issues, playing it again has me thinking I might actually want to get Xenoverse 2 at launch. The game is still a hoot, especially when I get on a Dragon Ball kick.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Nitsua wrote: »

It's coming to PC.

Oh, I know that. I'm pretty console focused now and I was saying that they were dropping the 360 and PS3 for the sequel. Didn't mean to leave out the PC.

Edit: Tablet autocorrect strikes again.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Im excited for XV2, but dangit they really need to smooth out the clunky UI. Its such a drag to allocate some stat points and start a fight. Need to go through submenus and move your character around town just to get to the actual game. :(

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    They also need to let you select offline mode right when you start the game. Not going anywhere near Xenoverse 2 if I have to sit through 2-3 minute loading screens while it tries to connect online to a mode I don't even want to play.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    I'm hoping XV2 won't tie stats to equipment. It's kind of a drag having "best" sets of clothing and not looking how I want. Totally fine to lock pieces of the set behind progression and achievement (though fuckthe RNG in XV), I just want to be able to wear a General Red's dapper suit and not get demolished in end-game. Also, transforms for non-Saiyan races would be welcome too.

• Options
    I'm hoping XV2 won't tie stats to equipment. It's kind of a drag having "best" sets of clothing and not looking how I want. Totally fine to lock pieces of the set behind progression and achievement (though fuckthe RNG in XV), I just want to be able to wear a General Red's dapper suit and not get demolished in end-game. Also, transforms for non-Saiyan races would be welcome too.

To that last one, I can say that they've officially announced that Freezans will be able to go Gold form, and Majins will be able to go Pure form (looking just like Kid Buu).

No word on similar skills for humans or Namekians, though.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If Freeze race will be able to go Gold, I'd assume that the SSR Red and Blue or whatever are probably in too

• Options
    Yeah, Blueper Saiyan will probably happen.

I'd prefer SS4, myself.

• Options
    As someone who played a human in XV

Humans are probably gonna get jack

• Options
    Goku actually bites his tongue trying to say "super saiyajin god super saiyajin" once.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    As someone who played a human in XV

Humans are probably gonna get jack

They were still da best, though. KI regeneration for the win. Add Bad-Future-18's Zoul for double the Regen speed.

• Options
    Barely even mattered when all the hot end game strats were "go SSJ, spam bullshit"

• Options
    Like golden human god golden human?

• Options
    Oh right, the online vs play. I played like 5 matches of that before sinking into the ocean of PQs forever.

My favorite match was one where my opponent and I both had Dancing Parapara equipped and repeatedly used it to incapacitate each other. Fun times.

I imagine that nowadays, it's all super Vegetas or humans with Unleash potential, throwing spirit bombs with the "please give me your energy" Zoul.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm not even talking online VS play, I'm talking about the later missions that are even worse than VS because you've got like three enemies all continuously spamming Kamehameha at you

Maddoc on