As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come For The [Final Fantasy XV] Demo, Stay For [Final Fantasy: Type-0 HD]!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah I only watched a few minutes of gameplay so not sure what the ending is.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wish games came out on Monday since I'm always running all over the place on Mondays.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I wish games came out on Monday since I'm always running all over the place on Mondays.

Embrace your digital locker.

Or don't if you are like me and have a shitty bandwidth cap.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like to trade stuff in though. Make some money back.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I like to trade stuff in though. Make some money back.

Ditto.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Woo both games just unlocked on my x1 now to play the demo for a few hours and hit 0 in the morning.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I saw a picture of Alexander in Type-0 and got super excited. Then I saw Ramuh's summon in the FFXV demo and started imagining Alexander's summon and oh boy.

I fucking love Alexander. Favorite summon hands-down in all things.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I saw a picture of Alexander in Type-0 and got super excited. Then I saw Ramuh's summon in the FFXV demo and started imagining Alexander's summon and oh boy.

I fucking love Alexander. Favorite summon hands-down in all things.

You should keep an eye on FFXIV's expansion, then, as they're basing an entire dungeon inside Alexander.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Unfortunately I already have WoW as an MMO and once I'm done with it, which will probably not take very long as the current rate of raid team attrition, I'm done with MMO's for good. Too much of a timesink.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Since this is a single topic thread, will it be unmarked spoilers?

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I don't see this on the psn store at all. I probably don't care enough to go out to a store and buy it, but as a sporadic purchase it would've been cool.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    It won't be up on US PSN until it updates as a whole later today.

• Options
    I'll be going to pick this up in about 45 minutes.

• Options
    Just finished the demo and i liked it.

Still needs a bit of polishing in some areas and a lot of options were locked out but pretty cool.

Would say my only major complaint was that the map could have used a few more activities but going to attribute that to it being a wilderness area and part of it being locked off.

I would say the maps look to be like Dragon Age in that they're large locked off areas.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I'll be going to pick this up in about 45 minutes.

I already did

HA HA

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I'll be downloading it as soon as I get back tonight

We doing a first impressions locust?

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Uh, podcast.

Locust, really???

• Options
    I would listen to a first impressions locust

BZZZZ BZZZZ GAMEPLAY WAS OK BUT THE CAMERA WAS BALLS BZZZ ALSO I WILL DEVOUR YOUR CROPS

• Options
    Playing this now.

• Options
    Whoa! Killer chocobo!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Chichiri is a badass. Has to be, with a name like that.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    How do you know when the opening cinematic is very long?

When your Xbox One goes to sleep during it.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    So this completely flew under my preorder radar. If I didn't preorder am I screwed on the XV demo?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Beltaine wrote: »
    So this completely flew under my preorder radar. If I didn't preorder am I screwed on the XV demo?

No. It comes in the Day One edition and I know my Best Buy had at least 10 copies just sitting there.

• Options
    I'll be downloading it as soon as I get back tonight

We doing a first impressions locust?

Most def, though I'm not sure what day yet as I barely started either the game or demo.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So you dont create a save file right away, and in finding it's a long trip to the first save point

• Options
    Yeah, yeah... I'm feeling this game.

Though the camera is ASS

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I've pretty much decided on the two most major criticisms for these two games.

Type-0: That motion blur is amped up to hell and back. The camera is super sensitive too, but if they patched out the motion blur it would probably be way better.

FFXV: The complete lack of a proper lock-on. Seems all you do is focus on an enemy with the reticule, but not fix all attacks to him. It's totally not Kingdom Hearts style, and it's probably going to have to be in the final version.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I've pretty much decided on the two most major criticisms for these two games.

Type-0: That motion blur is amped up to hell and back. The camera is super sensitive too, but if they patched out the motion blur it would probably be way better.

FFXV: The complete lack of a proper lock-on. Seems all you do is focus on an enemy with the reticule, but not fix all attacks to him. It's totally not Kingdom Hearts style, and it's probably going to have to be in the final version.

Yeah, the lack of a lock on is killing me (speaking literally here) in the FFXV demo.

The combat in general feels strange, but also looks like it could be amazing?

I mean, there are a lot of things to keep track of and the controls feel a bit odd, but the first time I warped to the top of a tower and then Super Lightning Spear Dropped a fool in the face I was grinning so hard that I had to pause the game to recover.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Ffxv r3 is lock on i think.

So in xv if i want to save, i have to camp. But camping wipes all side quests off the map. This displeases me, because sometimes I want to put the game down, then come back and finish side quests. I lost an hour of progress because of this.

The only way to pause the clock is to go to the home screen?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    It looks like the sidequests are all pretty short thankfully

Just "Go here, do this"

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Funniest thing I've captured so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikqSXdHLG54

It would be gif-worthy if I knew how to make those.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Ffxv r3 is lock on i think.

Holy shit you are correct. That makes things significantly easier.

Holding L1 and O also lets you do a dash in any direction. In close fights this is easier then sword warp.

I added that important tidbit to the OP.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Type-0 it's literally unplayable for me with that camera. I got so motion sick I seriously almost puked. That shit needs to get patched yesterday.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Type-0 it's literally unplayable for me with that camera. I got so motion sick I seriously almost puked. That shit needs to get patched yesterday.

Get some dramamine, son

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Get some dramamine, son

Alternatively, just throw up once and you'll be good to go afterwards. You can trust me, I'm a doctor.
    That's a lie, I'm not a doctor.

But I swear to god it works.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I posted a few gameplay observations about FFXV in another thread that I feel worth sharing here:

1. Always re-arrange your weapons depending on the situation: it turns out the weapon order is really important, and not just part of a combo string like I thought. Having the Zweihander as a string attack (the weapon you swing continuously when you hold down Square) can do a lot of damage to enemies with high level HP. Using the Partisan will do a flurry of combos that are great for trapping foes in a combo lock (great against Goblins). Having the Wyvern Lance as your aerial weapon will let you do a dive that's also useful to close the distance on enemies. Experiment and adapt on the fly.

2. DO NOT REST IN THE RV: you absolutely want the buffs from eating food during camping. Don't even bother otherwise, or you'll get torn the shit apart.

3. You automatically vault over chest-high ledges when sprinting.

4. I haven't figured out how parry works completely. There seems to be certain attacks that will break through your parry and cause major damage. I don't know what the requirements are, if you need certain MP or a certain weapon set as the parry weapon.

5. If you stay on the main road, you will get frequently attacked by the Magitek soldiers.

• Options
    Voice acting in Type 0 is soooooooooooo bad

• Options
    Voice acting in Type 0 is soooooooooooo bad

Try the Japanese.