As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PTSD(Pin-Traumatic Stress Disorder) or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pin

13»

• Options
    Warpwind Warpwind Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I actually started pin collecting at the first pax aus as a way of interacting with people without my anxiety levels ramping up. I can be awkward and shy unless I have a reason or a purpose. That's why I started volunteering at cons. However, at my first pax I had just retired from managing the expo hall for a ~4000 people convention in my home town for nearly 10 years. I was burnt out on committees and volunteering in general. Most of my friends were either enforcing or running stores or displaying games. I helped my friends out a bit but I was kinda on my own. Thus I started pin collecting and I've never looked back. I'm not even remotely trying to get them all. Just the ones that mean something to me (even if that meaning is I played a demo of that game at pax and enjoyed it). I've lined up for plenty of stuff some pin related some not. At pax pins mean I can strike up a conversation with the person in line next to me easily and without stress. That alone is worth it's weight in gold or should I say pins?

Warpwind on