As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Cell Phone Thread

1585960616264»

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pheezer wrote: »
    I don't game online and don't download much, and the 3g is both faster and more reliable for web browsing than my cable Internet was. So I cancelled it and now use my phone instead. Go me!

I pay $77 a month, get my5 and like 200 daytime minutes with 6pm evenings and weekends free, unlimited SMS, mms, and 6gb of transfer. Before I was paying $40 a month for my dumbphone and $46 a month for Internet. I actually saved money by getting an iPhone.

That's kind of sad. DSL isn't as fast as cable but the only serious problem I had with it involved my phone line being cut twice by a construction company. Outages have been rare.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so ive only had my motorola rokr for a year now but i now officially HATE it, so i am looking for a new & sexy tmobile phone, whats good right now?

the only real requirement i have now is that its easy to text with, but isnt a sidekick. A good interface would be nice too.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yo, anyone have suggestions for good non-data phones on AT&T <$50? There are a lot of decent ones for $30, and then the free ones too.

cuz i'm getting an iphone, but on a family plan, and i gotta figure out what is good for my younger brother (freshman in college next year, will have ipod touch), and parents (used to their simple simple phones, though maybe if my dad had a qwerty keyboard he could actually use text messaging)

recommendations ?

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow, really like the Sony W705

W705_see_the_product_large_4_1.png

I might have to track one of these down.

Edit: Ugh, $400.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    ReckonerReckoner Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    For that price, W995, the ultimate Sony Ericsson W series phone, is the best choice.

Reckoner on