As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MtG] MM 2015: Proliferate, Proliferate, Proliferate

TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsureRegistered User regular
edited May 2015 in Social Entropy++
Hey everybody, It's SPOILER SEASON, where every new card is simultaneously a bomb and unplayable until directly observed!

BzdY1de.jpg

It's that wonderful time of year when Aurelia's Fury is the chase mythic and Tarmogoyf is a dollar bin rare. You can't be wrong when you're an oracle of r/magictcg or a sage of mtgsalvation!

Magic: The Gathering: it's like Christmas arrives five times a year.

The hero of our old OP was this lovely fella:
36hLdjW.jpg

Sadly, the past 1280 years have not been kind to him:
cardart_CrPRLk43ga.jpg
Zoomed_912UAJho6r.jpg

Not looking too good there, buddy!

Our old friend Turtle McDurdle isn't doing too well, either...
6x5tgt4c4scujs9dgi3u.jpg

SARKHAN! YOU MANIAC! you monster...

Next up on Dragons of our Lives: will Sarkhan and Zurgo patch things up? Will Ugin meet Sorin for tea? Will Travis Woo finally break Search the City? Find out, next!

Tynnan on

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Someone better give this thread Hexproof!

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    It's cool, it has an ETB effect.

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping Tasigur gets a new card

Creature - Zombie Jewelry

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Green wrote: »
    I'm really hoping Tasigur gets a new card

Creature - Zombie Jewelry

The Golden Fang
    Artifact — Swank Dragon Neckchain (R)
    Whenever you exploit a creature, put an X/X black zombie creature token onto the battlefield, where X is the power of the exploited creature. If you control Dragonlord Silumgar, gain X life.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    cool alright give me those clones

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i'm sorry i've been instructed to only hand these clones over to an official jedi master

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Enchantment duders were 4 bucks so I pre-ordered some.

• Options
    I was wrong temur jeskai double ascendancy is terrible because when it goes off there are too many pools of numbers to track

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    @knob you're right about ascendancy being able to cycle through its deck once it goes infinite but the problem the deck has is it can run out of cards before it "locks". That's where I'm looking to put commune to use.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    i have to stop preordering. As of now I'm in for a set of Sidisi, Deathmist Raptor, and Collected Company. STOP IT.

• Options
    Serious talk though. Myth realized has the worst name as soon as you have multiples.

I attack you with my "Myth realizeds"

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    myths realized!!!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    ahem apologies for the outburst but that is clearly the preferable pluralization

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    yeah it's like attorneys general.

• Options
    hmm yes.. that is much less dumb.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Not to mention Grands Prix

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    does myth realized just go in modern burn?

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    does myth realized just go in modern burn?

I wouldn't think so.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    It seems too slow for burn decks.

• Options
    Lingering Souls decks?

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    bant infect!

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Myth doesn't do anything if you topdeck it while hellbent; modern burn needs all its cards to threaten immediate damage.

Now UWR delver with Myth and young pyromancer, that might be a thing.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Yeah it wants to go in a delverish shell where your playing lots of spells to pump it, but where you also have cards that can protect it from removal and whatnot.

• Options
    Guys I'm going to make a GB devotion deck. Erebos will shut down that Mastery of the Unseen boolshit.

It will win by casting Damnable Pact for roughly fifty hundreds.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    It's hardly fair to blame Sarkhan for what happened to Durdle McTurtle

• Options
    Sarkhan allowed Silumgar to live, therefore monster

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I didn't come back into magic until RTR, is there a good reason Sarkhan still likes dragons so much despite the fact every dragon he has known has either enslaved or manipulated him?

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Sarkholm Syndrome

• Options
    IIRC the first place he walked to was Jund? Which is Grand Dragon Central, especially compared to dragon-less Tarkir. I guess he went all fanboy.

And remember he came from Khans-era Tarkir, which was basically a whole plane that really really liked dragons, i.e. all the clans emulating some aspect of them, despite having killed them all off.

• Options
    It's a good thing he didn't idolize slivers I guess

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    But he also allowed Kolgoth the coolest dragon to live so

Anyway Silumgar may technically be the worst elder dragon in the set Ojutai skeeves me out worse.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    But he also allowed Kolgoth the coolest dragon to live so

Anyway Silumgar may technically be the worst elder dragon in the set Ojutai skeeves me out worse.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    wait, you mean like, card playability wise? Silumgar and Ojutai seem like the strongest to me.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    He meant storywise, I'm sure.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    doug beyer confirmed on tumblr today that there is no blue legend in dragons, meaning taigam does not get a card

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I think that is lame as hell

mostly because I love the symmetry of a full cycle of cards

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I hate both but Ojutai's 1984 thought control trumps out and proud tyrant any day.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    true; Silumgar makes sure everyone knows what an evil monster he is. Ojutai puts himself out as the benevolent teacher... who ate all your grandparents

• Options
    He's a benevolent philosopher king now

Can't hold his teens against him forever

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    bygones and all that, but purging certain facts and knowledge from recorded/taught history kind of undercuts the whole "search for truth" aspect of philosophy and learning.

This discussion has been closed.