As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB]HANK

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    how in the heck did Schide end up with Kenley Jansen? He wasn't kept, and nobody even drafted him?

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I'm magic.

goddammit

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I could have sworn he was drafted

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I actually saw Jansen in Free Agency and legitimately thought it was a mistake so I didn't bother adding him

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What the fuck?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I knew nobody drafted him but was waiting for the dl to update Because I didn't want to drop anyone. When I found out it wasn't going to, I just let it ride.

Goose! on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'd have happily dropped someone for him.

I'm desperately trying to piece anything together out of this mess of a roster.

I've been trying to pick up Hector Olivera for a week but Yahoo doesn't have him and that's ridiculous

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    He's probably going to wind up getting tj anyhow

Jansen or Olivera?

Olivera. Speaking of which, Former first overall pick of the Astros Brady Aiken underwent Tommy John yesterday.

Aiken is going to be back in the draft pool this year and was projected to go first overall again up to now. The Astros couldn't come to an agreement with him last year after they discovered guys UCL was abnormally small and tried to negotiate a smaller bonus.

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    I had a waiver claim out there for him, it's not my fault you assholes screwed up.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Wrigley field is fucked.
    oh shit

FortyTwo on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Former Cardinal Curt Ford plans to move after being harassed and assaulted in metro St. Louis by someone who told him to "go back to Ferguson"

why do people have to be so fucking awful

But St Louis is just the classiest I thought

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    Wrigley field is fucked.
    oh shit

this has been known for a while, though, that the bleacher reconstruction wasn't going to be finished by opening day

and frankly, the hand-wringing about what it's going to do to the mystique of wrigley field can go screw, as a lifelong cubs fan I'd rather have a winning team in a stadium that won't collapse than a losing team in a stadium with "mystique"

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    edited March 2015
    Speaking of classy St Louis... They've decided to go ahead and wear an OT patch in honor of the man who drunkenly killed himself and murdered his girlfriend driving intoxicated.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Speaking of classy St Louis... They've decided to go ahead and wear an OT patch in honor of the man who drunkenly killed himself and murdered his girlfriend driving intoxicated.

Ugh. I mean that is rough.

I mean on the one hand, he was a well-liked, important player on the team and he apparently meant a lot to the org and the fanbase.

On the other, he recklessly endangered others by being horrendously stupid thus taking the life of another person in the process.

I can't get behind this either. Honestly I think the org is just trying to sell jerseys by manufacturing more "history."

FortyTwo on
    ONE WEEK

Anyone going to an opener? I'll be at the Pirates home opener against Detroit.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    why is baseball starting so late. this is stupid. baseball should be happening right now.

edited March 2015

Dammit, I drafted him in two "shits and giggles" leagues I joined last night.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Kris Bryant and Javier Baez will start the season in the minors. The MLBPA is very upset about the Bryant decision, and I get that, buuuuut there's not a whole lot to be done about it. There's no universe where the Cubs would prioritize 12 games at the start of a career over 162 in his prime, and with Boras as an agent, I doubt he'd re-sign with the Cubs anyways.

I'm sure this is going to be a huge thing at the next labor agreement talks

Who else is picking up The Show today?

i've hung up my digital cleats. Playstation controllers no longer agree with my fragile hands

I preordered on PSN but forgot to preload last night so I will load it today while playing ootp.

Haven't splurged on a 4 yet so waiting until I grab that.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    I'll wait until there's a decent user made roster with all the minor league players that I can download. So, probably next week or so.

Haven't splurged on a 4 yet so waiting until I grab that.

Today is as good a day as any other day.

Between this, Helldivers, and Bloodborne, now is as good a time as any.

Meh I've already got an XBone and I never have time for that ... Probably will wait for some sort of late summer deal or around XMas.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Still don't have a PS anything so no.

my stance on Baez being demoted: displeased

He really needs work

he had a track record of getting promoted, struggling for a while, and then evolving into raptor jesus

i'm concerned that "The Rays treatment" of dicking around with assignments and promotions is going to screw with him

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I have a gift to unveil later this week. I think you guys'll appreciate it.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.