As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're not doing this in [Movies]

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    WHAMMO

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This Fury Road trailer could use more Claptrap and/or Tiny Tina

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    This Fury Road trailer could use more Claptrap and/or Tiny Tina

You liked jar jar binks, didn't you

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hey fellas, how about them movies, eh?

I hear there's a buncha real good ones.

• Options
    Is what I'm hearing true? Stephen Amell is being cast as Casey Jones in TMNT2?

Guess I better get on seeing the first one

• Options

That is

Pretty damned good casting

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Okay

Finally watching Whiplash

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Okay

Finally watching Whiplash

That movie scared me

I found it way more intense than that Jake Gyllenhall movie, Nightcrawler

JK Simmons deserved that nomination

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Picked up Interstellar.

They have a steel book at Target and it comes with an actual cell from the IMAX

Mine is Matthew McConaughey apparently walking into a house.

I wonder if they ditched the too dark to see cells and the ones of the credits, ETC.

I would hope so. I was half expecting to get one like the cell Bart gets from Itchy and Scratchy that's just an arm.

I actually got one kind of like this?

It's a shot of a spaceship in the darkness of space, so you can kind of just make out its edges against a distant star

I kind of dig it, though

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I will also say that culturally speaking people who play video games often come off poorly to those who are outside the video gaming community

So there's a barrier there, people are averse to getting involved in that, even if they're mistaken in their generalisation

I can't speak to it, as I'm a guy, but I get the general sense/feeling that woman would be far safer in a crowd of film fans than a group of gamers.

I'm a film fan and a gamer. What now?

Ehh...

This is awkward...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    No, let's all talk about the other franchise about friends family and survival and oil-stealing

ftkPe2z.jpg

I've been driving past this poster at a bus stand every day for the past few weeks and IT COMES OUT IN 3 DAYS

HEY I JUST GOT OUT FROM SEEING IT! IT WAS FUCKING RAD!

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    This Vox article about the FF films is a pretty fantastic encapsulation of what they are and why they're impressive. I am saving it for when anyone asks about them in the future!

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/31/8318371/fast-and-furious-movies

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    That movie was great and just keeps upping the ante. And a really touching good bye to Paul Walker. The whole theatre got misty eyed at the end there

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote: »
    This Vox article about the FF films is a pretty fantastic encapsulation of what they are and why they're impressive. I am saving it for when anyone asks about them in the future!

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/31/8318371/fast-and-furious-movies

This is a great read and I just shared it with all of my friends who have not seen any of these films

Hopefully some of them will be down to see Furious 7 by the time it leaves theaters

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    That's a great article but are the GIFs not loading for anyone else?

edit nevermind my internet is just balls right now

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Thus, the chronological order of the films is 1 - 2 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 3 - 7, and the third film (in which everybody uses flip phones and instant messaging programs) technically takes place sometime in the 2010s, even if it was released in 2006.

Of all the things I've heard about these movies for years now

How is this the thing that makes me want to watch them the most

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Whiplash was fucking awesome

That finale was something else

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    I loved Whiplash! 10 out of 10 movies.

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Thus, the chronological order of the films is 1 - 2 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 3 - 7, and the third film (in which everybody uses flip phones and instant messaging programs) technically takes place sometime in the 2010s, even if it was released in 2006.

F&F3 is a pretty fun movie.

It also introduces Han, who is the smoothest motherfucker in the franchise.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

oh god dammit, really?

UUUUGH I guess now I have to watch them

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

F&F3 is a pretty fun movie.

It also introduces Han, who is the smoothest motherfucker in the franchise.

3aTXlRo.gif

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    mad max doesn't look like borderlands because there's not some shitty robot screaming bad jokes at me

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    mad max doesn't look like borderlands because there's not some shitty robot screaming bad jokes at me

This is slander, my jokes are more than adequate.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Just watched the fury road trailer and it looks like the perfect amount of over the top insanity.

The double necked guitar flamethrower guy on the back of the giant rolling amp car is amazing.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    An actor from The Wolf of Wall Street came into my work today. It's funny because I literally just watched it this weekend, so I wanted to say something. Then I saw that he was with his kids and this was most definitely not the time or the place.

People mostly frown on that sort of behavior.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I guess I just bought tickets for the 7:00 showing on Thursday for Furious 7.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    An actor from The Wolf of Wall Street came into my work today. It's funny because I literally just watched it this weekend, so I wanted to say something. Then I saw that he was with his kids and this was most definitely not the time or the place.

Who was it!?!

• Options
    Is it weird that if you asked me which actor from that movie I'd like to bump into, my answer would be Kyle Chandler?

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Who was it!?!
    I'm not one to drop names, but let's just say he couldn't see the boat.

• Options
    Decided to resume watching Galaxy Quest, after leaving it mid-way some months ago.

I dunno why I stopped, this film is so charming.

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Decided to resume watching Galaxy Quest, after leaving it mid-way some months ago.

I dunno why I stopped, this film is so charming.

tumblr_inline_nbmte3J9oM1qag4z4.gif

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Guy, you have a last name.

Do I? DO I?!?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    "Go for the eyes, like in episode 22!"

"It doesn't have any eyes, Tommy!"

"Well, then go for the throat or something, its vulnerable spots!"

"It's a rock! It doesn't have any vulnerable spots!"

"I know! You construct a weapon. Look around you – can you form some sort of rudimentary lathe?"

"A LATHE?! GET OFF THE LINE, GUY!"

Goatmon on

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I really should build a clap trap and release him into the world
    I would give him 20 minutes though

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    no stilllts whyyyyyyyyy

• Options
    Wait

If Stephen Amell is gonna be Casey

Does that mean he will grow his hair out

• Options
    Does Stephen Amell know what a crumpet is

• Options
    Robert Z'Dar, of Tango and Cash, Maniac Cop, and several beloved MST3K movies, has died.

latest?cb=20121026172431

zdartango.jpg

RIP, big man

http://time.com/3766780/robert-zdar-dies-maniac-cop/

This discussion has been closed.