As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, March 13, 2015 - The Judging Wood, Part Four

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Friday, March 13, 2015 - The Judging Wood, Part Four

The Judging Wood, Part Four

The Judging Wood, Part Four

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/03/13

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Registered User new member
    This story line is GLACIAL. Can we get double strips or something?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Screw you, Cowl!

Probably just wants to search the kid cause he's white.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    She's got a great "gettin real tired of your shit Cowl" face.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    They said they had 5 strips drawn up for this, as I recall. There is no way this story even remotely resolves next Monday in strip number 5.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    That owl is an asshole. An assowl.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    The owl kinda looks like a modern version of the owl from "The Sword in the Stone". Hopefully next week he finally tells us how many licks it takes.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    HearthsingerHearthsinger Actor/Writer NYCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I NEED TO KNOW HOW THEY CAN END THIS IN THREE MORE PANELS. I am excited to see what's in store.

Hearthsinger on
  • Options
    FutureDictatorFutureDictator Registered User regular
    Gotta say I'm diggin' the owl.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Outraged Owl is the Best Owl

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "Oh my god, Cowl. Can't take you anywhere. You said you'd be on your best behavior for the antler-wedding, too."

• Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    How to end it in 3 more panels:
    Panel 1: Trill looks in the pouch and finds eggs.
    Panel 2: Trill looks defeated, Cowl triumphant.
    Panel 3: Cutaway as Trill puts the Law to his ripe neck.
    End

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    first, I feel the need to say LOVE the style for this comic, just fantastic with the "Three panels as one" thing, very very cool.

But man that owl is such a dick... I mean seriously dude, CHILL THE FUCK OUT, I thought Owl's were meant to be all wise and shit... This one's a total dick.

I'm hoping the resolution next week is Trill flipping out, roasting the owl then everyone kicks back and has a nice roast dinner.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Chris FOM wrote: »
    End

Panel 1 Trill argues with racist owl
    Panel 2 Trill argues with racist owl
    Panel 3 Lookout has already bled out and is dead.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Chris FOM wrote: »
    End
    Or, they look around after long vacillation and realize the gut wound you see him suffering from in the first strip has killed him.

• Options
    WhelmedWhelmed Registered User regular
    I bet the owl killed him and planted some eggs in the pouch. It's all becoming clear. This is basically The Wire.

• Options
    Anyone else really want to see the bird wedding?

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    There's probably something wrong with me... but the hectoring, bloodthirsty owl has been my favorite part of this entire thing.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    The owl reminds me of Owl from the Hundred Acre Wood. He was a dick too.

I also love the idea of the songbirds all just marrying each other on a daily basis as a hobby. Dumb flighty birds, gettin' all twitterpated.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The owl really reminds me Archimedes from The Sword in the Stone.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    Are the birds even there?

Are they real? Or are they simply a manifestation of her thoughts? A defense mechanism?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Whelmed wrote: »
    I bet the owl killed him and planted some eggs in the pouch. It's all becoming clear. This is basically The Wire.

So you're suggesting fowl play?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    They said they had 5 strips drawn up for this, as I recall. There is no way this story even remotely resolves next Monday in strip number 5.

Hmmmm

I'm hopeful, but really concerned.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    For everyone talking about how this won't resolve by Monday. It won't. If you recall The Tithe, it ended with Hanna giving life to the creature of the forest and that was it. It really didn't explain what happened to her, why it happened, how the Lookouts would respond to her, and many more.

If anything, I almost feel like this might reveal or imply that Trill will make the dying boy into a Thornwatch member.

• Options
    MerneithMerneith Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Anyone else really want to see the bird wedding?

Oh, Chaucer has that covered:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parlement_of_Foules

Murder Owl is best owl.

• Options
    fullforce098fullforce098 In a van down by the riverRegistered User regular
    Owls are mean.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yup, that is The Way of these long form stories from PA.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Yo
    I love the owl
    all PA owls, in fact
    dv97ogez3fm1.jpg

1.JPG 39.2K
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Yeah, my money's on either Chris FOM's outcome, or darkmayo and YoungFrey's.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    the black things are bugs
    THE BLACK THINGS ARE BUGS

I'm out I'm done

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I'm getting a very Jafar from Aladdin/mad vizier vibe from the owl in the 3rd panel.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LoquatLoquat Registered User new member
    I'm wondering, does Trill ever actually consult the birds on anything, or is her usual style to pretend to listen to them for a while and then go ahead with whatever decision she'd already made? Because I have a hard time imagining Derpy Songbirds or Racist Owl ever saying anything remotely useful.

• Options
    For everyone talking about how this won't resolve by Monday. It won't. If you recall The Tithe, it ended with Hanna giving life to the creature of the forest and that was it. It really didn't explain what happened to her, why it happened, how the Lookouts would respond to her, and many more.

If anything, I almost feel like this might reveal or imply that Trill will make the dying boy into a Thornwatch member.

I dunno. Compared to the Tithe, this one feels like the ending will be even more abrupt, unless Monday is a 6-paneler or something.

This is like if the penultimate strip of the Tithe was the one where Hanna tied the knots.

• Options
    SeznegSezneg Registered User regular
    This is my favorite Lookouts/Daughters arc so far. Even if the owl looks like Archimedes...

Archimedes.png

• Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular

I dunno. Compared to the Tithe, this one feels like the ending will be even more abrupt, unless Monday is a 6-paneler or something.

This is like if the penultimate strip of the Tithe was the one where Hanna tied the knots.

Who knows, but I have faith that Mike and Jerry know what they are doing. Will it be a bit loose and we'll have to piece it together, probably. But I think it's possible to "resolve" this in three strips without the boy's death. Ex: If the first two panels have Trill telling the birds to shut it and then enacting the law, and the third we see what the law is.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I NEED TO KNOW HOW THEY CAN END THIS IN THREE MORE PANELS. I am excited to see what's in store.

Probably about as well as they ended the Automata arc they did last.

I love the art, and the writing that they do for their special features on PA, but I feel like hardly any of them have ended satisfactorily.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

Who knows, but I have faith that Mike and Jerry know what they are doing. Will it be a bit loose and we'll have to piece it together, probably. But I think it's possible to "resolve" this in three strips without the boy's death. Ex: If the first two panels have Trill telling the birds to shut it and then enacting the law, and the third we see what the law is.

Pretty sure the boy died already on the first strip.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    "Yeah...don't worry about me...I'm just down here bleeding. It's cool! Just a gut wound. Nothing vital's slipped out for at least a few minutes so I think I'm...oh, wait. No, no. This is bad."

• Options
    protokiddprotokidd Registered User regular
    The art is PERFECT! @_@

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Is he bleeding though? He probably just went looking for a place to take his first shit of the camping trip after days of anxious waiting. A terrifying prospect to anyone.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    bbraddsbbradds Registered User new member
    I'm sure the woods first line of defense would be poisonous berries.