As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're Back! Happy [Ghostbusters] 2 Day! (28th Anniversary June 16th)

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    God damn! A member of our team is DJing DragonCon 2015 and now Tribe One is going to perform with one of our founders!
    9bk34qqr8957.png

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
  • Options

That WAS my problem with them. Looks like I'm resubscribed!

• Options
    Okay I have answers to all of their questions about Slimer and other class v focused, non-repeating phantasm. I made sure to let him know!

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ghostbusters-hospitalphoto6.jpg
    original.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I really want to see the back of those packs. I really can't tell if they are supposed to be newer models or earlier models from the other ones seen.

They look a heck of a lot cleaner.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I really want to see the back of those packs. I really can't tell if they are supposed to be newer models or earlier models from the other ones seen.

Yeah, a lot of the internet is saying these must be the Mk. 1 packs but they're clearly a newer version than the PP16 that we've seen already.

And I've made some progress on that Seattle GB design @chromdom @Matev
    9xq56MC.png

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Both hands need work. I think the one with the cup needs to be bigger and possibly at a different angle. The one on the Space needle needs to be redrawn.

I might get rid of the slash if I can balance the design without it.

The needle doesn't look right at an angle so I'll be keeping it upright.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yah, needs a couple design touch ups, but it looks good as an initial concept. Thanks Tank!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    So my aunt lives in Boston and today she was telling my mom that people from the movie offered her $1,000 to use her flower shop for the Ghostbusters movie. Over three days they re-did the exterior of her booth (its a flower shop thats set up on a street corner, and looks like a shed or booth with all the flowers on the sidewalk outside) to make it more "New York", and then she had to stand and sell flowers to extras and actors all day. The money was to make-up for them messing up her business for a few days.

She said she's actually the one working the shop while the Ghostbusters were around, so she may end up in the actual movie! That would be pretty cool!

Her shop is called Jayne's Flowers if anyone who knows the filming location wants to look into it. And if you visit, say hello! She is awesome.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    So my aunt lives in Boston and today she was telling my mom that people from the movie offered her $1,000 to use her flower shop for the Ghostbusters movie. Over three days they re-did the exterior of her booth (its a flower shop thats set up on a street corner, and looks like a shed or booth with all the flowers on the sidewalk outside) to make it more "New York", and then she had to stand and sell flowers to extras and actors all day. The money was to make-up for them messing up her business for a few days.

She said she's actually the one working the shop while the Ghostbusters were around, so she may end up in the actual movie! That would be pretty cool!

Her shop is called Jayne's Flowers if anyone who knows the filming location wants to look into it. And if you visit, say hello! She is awesome.

That is a really cute flower shop. Killer location too, my God. If it's featured prominently she could be looking at a bump in business from film tourism once the movie's released. It's a very unique little building.
    kRO6nZ8.jpg

• Options
    Word just came through that the shiny packs the Ghostbusters are wearing in the hospital are actual prototypes and not the screen used packs.
    wloh6sogss63.jpg

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Word just came through that the shiny packs the Ghostbusters are wearing in the hospital are actual prototypes and not the screen used packs.
    wloh6sogss63.jpg

smart move. the team gets to do some community outreach while not risking competitors getting their hands on the final equipment, just some beta hardware.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    wloh6sogss63.jpg

smart move. the team gets to do some community outreach while not risking competitors getting their hands on the final equipment, just some beta hardware.

Yeah, we wouldn't want a Ghost Smashers situation...

Until the sequel at least.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    390tynrsz37j.jpg

This looks awesome!

I can't stop laughing at this last one

"Guys, you gotta come quick! These ghosts are everywhere!"
    "... is that another Stay-Puff Marshmallow man? Damn it Ray!"

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Now showing Ghost Smashers? how did they manage to get their own movie deal?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Man I want to know what happens when Venkman gets put into the Scooby Doo set. I want to proton pack to just not work at all against those ghosts since they are just dudes in suits.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    They have the pack drawn on their back, and then an actual lego pack on top of that?

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Man I want to know what happens when Venkman gets put into the Scooby Doo set. I want to proton pack to just not work at all against those ghosts since they are just dudes in suits.

I mean, it'd work against them. It'd just rip them limb from limb, atom from atom.

A different shade of Ghostbusting, is all.

• Options
    i don't think it would rip them apart, probably just like, third degree burns.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I think we can all agree that the proton packs would do something unpleasant to Old Man McGucket in his Ghost Farmer costume.
    And that whatever they did, it'd be a lot worse than those darned kids pulling a mask off.

The whole atom from atom thing would only happen if they crossed the beams though.

• Options
    now i'm imaging the frankenstien monster getting hit with it and just breaking character "Jesus christ, what is wrong with you guys? Some tall man runs at you oh better shoot him with a fucking laser"

"It's not really a laser it-"

"I don't give a shit, get out of my house or i'm calling the fucking cops."

• Options
    "Oh, it was really just Old Man White, sorry!"

*several months later*

"...and that photon what's it zapped me. Went to the doctor and I found out it put my cancer into remission. Since I didn't need the money anymore, I was able to dissolve my smuggling operation!"

Another successful bust.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    They ARE positively charged!

• Options
    Speaking of which,

b79fn1ylpq6j.jpg

For those curious Venkman is freaking out about the talking dog because Jesus Christ TALKING DOG.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of, one of the things I noticed/loved about the announcement/commercial for that was that Batman and Yoda moved like you see in their Cartoons/Specials (fully animated and kinda rubbery), but Wyldstyle moved exactly like she did in the movie (stop motion, normal range of movement).

So glad that Lego is going all out on this.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Speaking of which,

b79fn1ylpq6j.jpg

For those curious Venkman is freaking out about the talking dog because Jesus Christ TALKING DOG.

Now where have I seen that bef-
    mqGvMTb.jpg
    Oh yeah!

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Scooby-Doo and Ghostbusters cross over so nicely I'm surprised I've never seen it happen in any official capacity

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Hey, Ghostbusters toys.

Check out this sweet Ghostbusters product my parents still have.

hoEprBY.jpg
    gVSOQ8q.jpg
    eC3eC83.jpg
    AeImwzX.jpg

I have followed the instructions. It wont show up on my camera, but I can assure you that the ghost is still within the can.

Quality product! Thanks Ghostbusters!

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    I didn't realize this was on YouTube.

Last year's AthCon in Athens, GA.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iulqr2E-d8Q

If you think that's cool come to our panel at DragonCon in a month.

• Options

Yeah, a lot of the internet is saying these must be the Mk. 1 packs but they're clearly a newer version than the PP16 that we've seen already.

And I've made some progress on that Seattle GB design @chromdom @Matev

I've received word through the meta-physical grapevine that Seattle has just established a new franchise called The Emerald City Ghostbusters.

If you're interested, fill this out and I'll pass on a good word: Application

Otherwise I'll keep getting your own franchise started and you can make an alliance like the New England guys do.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Ah crap, paperwork?

Yeah, I'm sure we'll get right on that...

• Options
    No paperwork, no clients. No clients no budget for pizza, beer and lo mein.

• Options
    Yes, Mother

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    ExpansionPack_International_GhostbustersFunPack2_71241_1438670563.jpg

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Does it actually shoot?

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Does it actually shoot?

In the game it probably does.

• Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Speaking of which,

b79fn1ylpq6j.jpg

Wait, those are not the proton packs that came with my Lego Ecto-1...
    Does Ray have goggles?

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    Yup
    http://www.brickforge.com/store/home.php?cat=617

Scroll down a bit on that page.

This discussion has been closed.