As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We're Back! Happy [Ghostbusters] 2 Day! (28th Anniversary June 16th)

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    So, Bill Murray just confirmed that he's going to have an appearance in the new movie. Guessing it'll be a cameo similar to Akroyd, but no one knows for sure yet.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    What if he's
    A ghost

Joolander wrote: »
    What if he's
    A ghost

Or better yet,
    A human being pretending to be a ghost for personally-beneficial reasons who gets mistakenly Busted.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    What if he's Peter Venkman and shows up at the end with a cease and desist order due to copyright infringement.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

That would be wonderful.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Turns out the movie was set in the same universe the whole time.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited August 2015
    Just have it be the end of Iron Man. The team returns to their HQ above the Chinese restaurant. It is dark. There is a suited man in the shadows. He turns.

Man: "You've just become part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet. My name is Dr. Peter Venkman. Of the Ghostbusters."

Cut to black
    Also have Ray sitting there in a chair with his taxi driver outfit on from his cameo earlier like he was secretly checking them out and not a real taxi driver.

Librarian's ghost on

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I didn't think I would be okay with them merging the universes but if that's how they handle it I'm sold.

I particularly love the spoiler @timspork's ghost!

Everyone was ignorant of the infringement except for McCarthy who didn't think it would be an issue.
    It would make the line Stantz says to Wiig so much better, too.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I hope this is playing on a TV in the background...
    psychic3.gif

kyrcl.png
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I hope this is playing on a TV in the background...
    psychic3.gif

It'd be better if someone is just watching an old rerun of Bassmasters.

• JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Yup
    http://www.brickforge.com/store/home.php?cat=617

Scroll down a bit on that page.
    This is terrible news for my wallet...

In the meantime though, I'll just have to make do with this experimental Extreme Ghostbusters-inspired particle thrower made out of spare Ecto-1 parts.
    legovenk_zps3da83427.jpg

0ijlzpptari2.png
    I love custom minifigs. I have a tradition of building one for every DnD character I play, which is a lot easier to do, than this, considering how many setting-compatible pieces are out there. That particle-thrower looks rad.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

edited August 2015
    I love the non-copyright-breaking names of those accessories. I may start ordering a selection of minifig bits for the players in my GB RPG. I'm a little overdue on making a map grid.

TankHammer on
    Ghostbusters Rompers are back at the We Love Fine online store.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I love the non-copyright-breaking names of those accessories. I may start ordering a selection of mining bits for the players in my GB RPG. I'm a little overdue on making a map grid.

Speaking of, getting antsy enough I'll likely break down and put up a GB RPG thread in the next week. Start getting those applications ready folks!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I love the non-copyright-breaking names of those accessories. I may start ordering a selection of mining bits for the players in my GB RPG. I'm a little overdue on making a map grid.

Speaking of, getting antsy enough I'll likely break down and put up a GB RPG thread in the next week. Start getting those applications ready folks!

Aw man, this is super exciting, as I've been reading the GB RPG books lately!

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    dang it i'm probably going to be on the road all next week! you fiend!

I can share more stories from my table!

Last week my recruits captured a haunted recliner from an old apartment complex and now they have a ghost living in their break room that can call-up any sitcom episode before 1967!

Welp, due to a bit o skullduggery on my part, shaved a couple hours off work and am now relaxing in Seattle proper getting ready for an outdoor showing of Ghostbusters and possibly meeting the local franchise!

Hail Hydra
    Matev wrote: »
    Welp, due to a bit o skullduggery on my part, shaved a couple hours off work and am now relaxing in Seattle proper getting ready for an outdoor showing of Ghostbusters and possibly meeting the local franchise!

Tell 'em Tank from the Georgia Ghostbusters says "Don't fuck up, rookies."

edited August 2015
    All right folks, it took far more caffeine consumption than I'm comfortable admitting, but I have a game thread up. Check it out, sign up if you wanna give it a play. Tell your friends or such. I need to go crash like the nice bouncing ball is telling me to.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    Turns out The Trocadero in Philly is showing Ghostbusters on their balcony screen on the 31st! I'll definitely be there.

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Turns out The Trocadero in Philly is showing Ghostbusters on their balcony screen on the 31st! I'll definitely be there.

I really want this to be true but I can't find it anywhere on their schedule. Do you have a link where you found that?

Also hell yeah they're playing Jurassic Park on the 24th.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Ladai wrote: »

I really want this to be true but I can't find it anywhere on their schedule. Do you have a link where you found that?

I didn't see it on the website either, but it was on all the posters and cards they were handing out tonight--from the sounds of it, they JUST got the rights to do it, which is pretty cool.

Photographic evidence!
    Troc_zps9lyz3guq.jpg

Dex Dynamo on
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »

I didn't see it on the website either, but it was on all the posters and cards they were handing out tonight--from the sounds of it, they JUST got the rights to do it, which is pretty cool.

Photographic evidence!
    Troc_zps9lyz3guq.jpg
    "As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Ghostbuster. To me, being a Ghostbuster was better than being President of the United States. Even before I first wandered into the firehouse for an after-school job, I knew I wanted to be a part of them. It was there that I knew that I belonged. To me, it meant being somebody in a neighborhood that was full of nobodies. They weren't like anybody else. I mean, they did whatever they wanted. They double-parked in front of a hydrant and nobody ever gave them a ticket. In the summer when they played cards all night, nobody ever called the cops."

kyrcl.png
    "Lady warriors! I heard'st thou were hiring! I have brought my own uniform which I have made myself!"
    dab3safljk13.jpg
    Chris Hemsworth reports to the set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytOjfZjT5tI
    Get your phones ready to match similar-looking things!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    really sexed up janine, there

really sexed up janine, there

It was way worse before fan outcry.
    vGt3nMCl.png
    R7jKZYDl.png
    ZObYM7ql.png

Some of the script is absurd as well, with Winston calling the slime blower a "proton blaster" or something.

The team seems to have not been very familiar with the franchise beyond "I saw like a decade ago but no need for a refresher now, time is money!"

If that doesn't do it for you, you can use this polygonal puppet to send messages to your friends as Slimer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UccImMGhcG4

Truly we are living in a wonderous age.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    really love how badly they half assed their cover ups, there

"I dunno, give her an undershirt, fuck it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whm5x-2BCt0

Dan Aykroyd's "Ectoplasm SLIMER" cocktail idea:
    Minced, crushed kiwi
    Basil
    Mint
    Poured out of a shaker so it's foamy

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Danny, Danny... Your bottle is awesome. The vodka in it, isn't.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I need to get a bottle just to have around.

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I put a little LED light base thing under mine. Looks really neat.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I need to get a bottle just to have around.

He agrees.
    640.jpg

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Danny, Danny... Your bottle is awesome. The vodka in it, isn't.

I've heard that a lot. Apparently it's about on a par with basic Absolut. Which, for something that costs triple the price of Absolut, is ridiculous. The fucking bottle does not cost $70 per unit to make, Dan.

EDIT: So as to not cause Americans reading this to get confused, Crystal Skull vodka costs about $110 here in Australia, and Absolut costs about $35.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
This discussion has been closed.