As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THIS THREAD IS OVER! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Region free consoles are why I have a copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS4 from my time in Japan.

Hope that recent news of Nintendo trying to make the next console not be region locked turns out to be the case.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I can understand the outcry against physical region locking and completely agree that it's idiotic but since this is all digital I'm not sure they could make the eShop region free. Is the PSN and Xbox online stores region free?

PSN is, yes

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I can understand the outcry against physical region locking and completely agree that it's idiotic but since this is all digital I'm not sure they could make the eShop region free. Is the PSN and Xbox online stores region free?

PSN is, yes

Well, iirc, PSN is region-locked, but none of the hardware is once you've downloaded something. You need to make a JP PSN account and use that... and it apparently gets to be a little bit of a hassle on the Vita.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    More likely than not the eShop in the EU is different somehow fundamentally from the NA one.. which sucks.

... on another angle, anyone else having issues connecting to Nintendo?

Edit: Nevermind. Just my Wii U being set for a static IP and not getting info properly thanks to my router being stupid. Now I'm killing my internet downloadin on my 3DS and WiiU at the same time!

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    7fe66bd4ef30a79da4dbe60138ec3a40_original.png

Wii U stretch goal for Bloodstained unveiled.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

They updated the info graphics with the details of who is working on the port.

It's a company called Armature Studios, which has a pretty decent history of ports and work - as well as being involved with the Metroid Prime trilogy. In other words, if anyone can get this to run on the Wii U without UE4, they should be up to it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Even though they're the ones who made the awful Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, they do have talented people so I'll give them a pass.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Even though they're the ones who made the awful Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, they do have talented people so I'll give them a pass.

Also good to keep in mind that they are porting the game, not designing it.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Very selective learning should be advised.

There are certain parts you could never learn about and it would very much be for the best!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    My theory is that Nintendo's region locking was a means for them to seperate the regional marketplaces since they didn't have a worldwide account system they could use to do that instead. Hopefully now that they've got such a system their next console(s) will have the ability to pick your marketplace and not have to be region locked.

Opty on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

PSN is, yes

As is the XBOne XBL. Micosoft took a page from Sony's book and went region free this gen.

And yeah, I have many imported games on my PS3 through the PSN (mostly fighting games) and plan to do the same on my PS4. Not to mention Korean rhythm games on my PSP.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

It's a company called Armature Studios, which has a pretty decent history of ports and work - as well as being involved with the Metroid Prime trilogy. In other words, if anyone can get this to run on the Wii U without UE4, they should be up to it.

Armature Studios is a group of ex-Retro guys. Their only original game so far is Blackgate, which was mediocre at best and awful at worst. They've done a bunch of port jobs which I honestly haven't heard anything negative about, so I'm sure they'll do fine as code monkeys. They should be better than they've shown considering the pedigree, but Blackgate was such a disappointing product. You almost forget that these are the guys that did Metroid Prime it was so bad.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    I have a code for The Fall on WiiU for the first person who shoots me a pm. :)

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    $10 is a fucking steal for all those games. In other news I suck at OlliOlli.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    -mutters about being based in the UK and missing out on this-

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    $10 is a fucking steal for all those games. In other news I suck at OlliOlli.

Yea, 10.00 is an amazing deal for this set of games, not including whatever else they include in the bundle! I've already talked a couple of friends to go in on this bundle.

It's kind of awesome that Nintendo of all companies worked with Humblebundle to make this happen.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

But you live in Europe. AT LEAST GIVE US AMERICANS THIS!

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Yeah, on the 1st I am totally picking that bundle up. Pretty awesome! I too will have some extra codes for games I already have and will gladly give them up here.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

But you live in Europe. AT LEAST GIVE US AMERICANS THIS!

<wishes he could play Metroid: Zero Mission on Wii U Virtual Console right now>

:P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I now feel bad for not buying Olliolli earlier. It's super fun.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    It's definitely cool to see Nintendo involved in this kind of promotion. I just wish it wasn't with so many games I already own (or even got for "free" on other platforms).

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    It's definitely cool to see Nintendo involved in this kind of promotion. I just wish it wasn't with so many games I already own (or even got for "free" on other platforms).

I own them in one form or another but I can't pass up on getting my library larger and who knows if they'll add more games next week (they normally do).

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    You all probably saw that this week's humble bundle is digiatal 3DS and WiiU games. I picked up the base tier, but do not have a WiiU. This means I have a code for Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition. I've played on PC and PS4, and it is fantastic. If you haven't played and would like to, let me know and I'll PM you the code the humble bundle folks gave me.
    EDIT: Claimed; I'm glad I found Juan and Tostada a home!

Contents of bundle in case you want to pick it up, too:

Base Tier
    Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition (WiiU)
    Woah Dave! (3DS)
    Mighty Switch Force (3DS)

$10 Tier
    Stealth Inc 2 (WiiU)
    Steamworld Dig (WiiU / 3DS)

Beat The Average Tier
    The Fall (WiiU)
    OlliOlli (3DS)
    Moon Chronicles Episode 1 (3DS)
    More to be announced later...

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I haven't done Humble Bundle since they started doing tiers and stuff.

If you buy above the average are you still guaranteed the next games or is it the 10 dollar tier? (Not that theres much difference)

• Options
    edited May 2015
    It's the beat the average...but you only save like eighty cents, so you might as well do the 10.00 tier.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Yeah.. the average is really close to $10, so most people are just chipping that much in. I bumped mine up to 15.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I wish we didn't have to wait for next week to see what games they are adding to the bundle. Hope it's something good.

Side note - one bad thing about this is how annoying it is to enter all the codes in. I did Wii U last night and it took awhile. Wish I could just copy-paste the code into an online marketplace instead of having to type each one into the gamepad (*ahem Nintendo*).

(Seriously though, they've talked about an online shop for awhile as something they wanted to do I think. Maybe it will finally come with their whole unified account thing)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Hopefully this bundle will show interest. Back in the old days of the Humble Bundle, Steam didn't have integration either.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I think it's not counting these as purchased unless I can download them, or something...tried to get Guacamelee last night and it just told me I didn't have enough space, and it looks like any other un-purchased game in the list.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I hope the next one has more Nintendo exclusives.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I think it's not counting these as purchased unless I can download them, or something...tried to get Guacamelee last night and it just told me I didn't have enough space, and it looks like any other un-purchased game in the list.

Yeah, I had this issue when trying to redeem Club Nintendo codes. They don't get used if the system tells you you don't have space. They don't even let you buy anything and refuse to charge you for the same reason.

I get what they're trying to do... but I wish they'd just have an option to say "Yes, I know I'm buying something I can't actually fit on the system right now".

If you have a USB stick with a larger capacity than the game you want, you can plug it in and then the store will let you buy it. Then just cancel the download. It's a dumb thing to have to do, but at least it works.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    In what should surprise no one, @MNC Dover has again proven himself a classy gentleman, gifting me a copy of Steamworld Dig.

Always finding ways to lure people to Nintendo platforms; it's like he works there or something...

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

Armature Studios is a group of ex-Retro guys. Their only original game so far is Blackgate, which was mediocre at best and awful at worst. They've done a bunch of port jobs which I honestly haven't heard anything negative about, so I'm sure they'll do fine as code monkeys. They should be better than they've shown considering the pedigree, but Blackgate was such a disappointing product. You almost forget that these are the guys that did Metroid Prime it was so bad.

Really makes you wonder if they still feel they were better off leaving. They've done ports of ok-to-good games and one original bad game.

Granted, personal factors probably were a driving force, but still.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    sounds like they are programmers and not really designers

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Am I the only one interested in the fact that their chief experience is in doing Vita ports?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Y'know... I gotta say I'm impressed with the eShop as a first time customer.

They have like 19 of the 20 or so NES and SNES games I had as a kid. And they are the GOOD ONES like Metal Marines and Uncharted Waters, etc.
    If they had Swords and Serpents I'd have been absolutely floored.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

Yeah, I had this issue when trying to redeem Club Nintendo codes. They don't get used if the system tells you you don't have space. They don't even let you buy anything and refuse to charge you for the same reason.

I get what they're trying to do... but I wish they'd just have an option to say "Yes, I know I'm buying something I can't actually fit on the system right now".

If you have a USB stick with a larger capacity than the game you want, you can plug it in and then the store will let you buy it. Then just cancel the download. It's a dumb thing to have to do, but at least it works.

If you want to buy something from the eshop but don't have enough space, buy it from nintendo.com while signed in to your Nintendo ID. It'll give you the option to send it to your WiiU, then it's on your account and Download Manager will complain that you don't have space. and you can deal with it at your leisure.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »

If you want to buy something from the eshop but don't have enough space, buy it from nintendo.com while signed in to your Nintendo ID. It'll give you the option to send it to your WiiU, then it's on your account and Download Manager will complain that you don't have space. and you can deal with it at your leisure.

So, trying to do what I was earlier...I looked up Guacamelee and there's no way to buy it on the web or enter a download code or anything.

There's also no place to log in with my Nintendo ID.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky