As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Crota's Beginning: Fundamentally Unlike Disneyland.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    (And sadly, most of the time, if anyone has Weed or Blow in their username, they're mostly American :eh: ; Europeans don't seem to boast about that...)

Nah, I've played with plenty of swagblazeit420xXx players in games with foreign accents, twelve year olds being stupid as shit is a global phenomenon I assure you.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    mFiend wrote: »
    Gilbert0 wrote: »
    Don't think I told this on here yet. My PSN name is just my name because when I first registered it forever ago, I thought you could change it, which you can't. I was in the Tower buying/selling/decrypting and I get an message from a random. "hey I saw your name, do you live in *my city* and know *insert mutual friend*". I was surprised and replied saying "ya, who's this". Turns out I have a acquaintance IRL who's had Destiny since launch; has a 32 and two 31's (I've only had it since Christmas) and we on accidentally got matched together in the tower?! Guess it's not THAT weird as we live both in the Pacific NorthWest but lucky.

What's funnier is that I used to post all up and down this place back in the fall, and I added pretty much everyone from the PA Roster spreadsheet before you put your name on it :p

I've noticed that the tower is regionalized in some way. I often see names with local area codes, references to football teams, etc.

I surprises me how often people are surprised by this.

I imagine a lot of areas just don't have easily recognized regional tropes, or at least, a lot people don't recognize them. I noticed it pretty quickly with stuff like '803ClemsonDude'.
    Ha! Even when the tower is regionalized, when you live in a tiny country as Belgium (like I do) I can see by the different names and flavors of usernames/clan names, where they're from:
    - oh, KnuffelBeertje, da's Hugging Bear in Dutch, so the Netherlands or the North of Belgium (Flanders)
    - ah, the clan is called Les Grenouilles Vertes, that's the Green Frogs, so I guess they're from France or the South of Belgium (Wallony) or so.
    - ACupOfTea is probably British
    - ApfelStrudel, my guess is on Germany
    - Sven-DK, I guess he Danish instead of a Death Knight
    - and so on

(these names are invented, though I have met many similar names, but you get the idea).

So that is what happens when you join my fireteam for Iron Bannering, you might get matched up against a bunch of Europeans :biggrin:

(And sadly, most of the time, if anyone has Weed or Blow in their username, they're mostly American :eh: ; Europeans don't seem to boast about that...)

Oh man, I used to live in Belgium a couple years ago! I always thought it was really crazy how open the borders were, like seeing a sign that said "Paris ->" on my way home from school.
    I miss good frites and cheap chocolate so much :cry:

• Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    If you want to see the current world record for the raid, and how he did it:

Huh, you know I thought about doing that but didn't think I'd have enough time. That's a hell of a smooth strategy right there.

PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    Oh, and the weird thing about running into @Gilbert0 wasn't that we landed on the same instance, but that I happened to see him standing at the vault instead of just breezing past on my way to the bounty bro and never realizing we were in the tower together.

PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Spotify + Destiny = me dancing in pvp instead of shooting mans.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Anyone around for a nightfall? I need help with one more before the reset tonight.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    Last two hard crota raids I've gotten crux of crota. So now I have two of them.

Still don't have a husk of the pit though.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I'm not sure why I ask, but...

Anything going on tonight, PS4 side?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Nightfall gave me another Monte Carlo. That's four.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I can always tell because I live in Austin, TX and lots of Gamertags in the tower have 'ATX', 'UT', '512' or 'Cowboy' in the name somewhere.

Used to see a lot of 916/530 when I was living in Sacramento. It's all Tarheels and Dukes.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    What's this week's NF and weekly?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Nightfall:
    The Nexus
    -Void Burn
    -Angry
    -Epic
    -Nightfall
    -Juggler

Heroic:
    The Nexus
    -Juggler
    -Heroic

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Thanks. I still don't have a void primary, so I take this week as a personal insult. :P

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I think I might be able to drag my friend through this nightfall!

Though I did love doing the Arc Omnigul weekly with him awhile back.

"Noc, I need to leave."

"But she's at like 5 pixels of health!"

"No, NOW!"

"Wait! Rrrrragg! <charge Omnigul and unleash Fist of Havoc. It hits, finishing the weekly> Now you can go."

I'm worried because he really wants to do a Raid, but I think we're both worried about the time commitment.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    So do people still stay up top for the Nexus strike or jump down into the main room? A word of advice though, if you do hop down, make sure it's before an Axis Minotaur spawns up top otherwise it'll fire down on you the whole battle. Yikes.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So do people still stay up top for the Nexus strike or jump down into the main room? A word of advice though, if you do hop down, make sure it's before an Axis Minotaur spawns up top otherwise it'll fire down on you the whole battle. Yikes.

I still prefer to stay up top. It's faster, and if you've got three people on the fireteam it's just as safe.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I just give the Axis Minotaur a piece of Truth.

He cant handle the Truth.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Depends on the Burn. Void I like to stay up top. Anything else I like to drop down and go behind the pillar you drop from. Reason being that with Void, your chances of getting wasted down below when picking up a teammate increase to "you're probably going to wipe" levels.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Oh man.

Voidburn. Voidlock. Obsidian Mind.

I am ready.

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Houn wrote: »
    Oh man.

Voidburn. Voidlock. Obsidian Mind.

I am ready.

I think I'm rocking my void PvP gear. Word of Crota, Felwinter's Lie, Jolder's Hammer (or truth).

Edit: Great thread title.

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm heading on now to do Nightfalls on PS4.

Would appreciate the help, so join me if you can.

Yeah, I can't solo this after I get to the nexus, so I'm going to have to wait until everyone else comes online.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    7:30est tonight for me... 3 nightfalls will be on order

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I'll be down to nightfall a bit later

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    I'm available for all Nightfalls (just got the Bad Juju bounty)!

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    I'm around for some nightfalls/weekly tonight. Need the strikes for Bad juju anyway.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Previously on "Nightfalls with @Muffinatron (Holy_Promethium) and @BlitzAce1981 " :
    After a Nightfall:
    Carl: "What are we going to get?"
    Blitz: "Hawkmoon!"
    Result : Blitz got a Hawkmoon!
    Holy is very angry...
    After the second Nightfall:
    Carl: "What are we going to get?"
    Holy: "Probably a second Hawkmoon, right Blitz?"
    Result: Blitz got his second Hawkmoon (2 Nightfalls on the same day in a row!)
    <Loads of insane laughter, and moaning from poor Holy>

Today:
    Carl: "Hey guys, can I help out with your Nightfall?"
    Blitz: "It's the three musketeers again!"
    <Nexus goes down>
    Blitz: "What are we going to get?"
    Holy: "Probably coins like my previous Nightfall"
    Carl: "Hawkmoon!" (I don't need one, but hey, it's normal to shout Hawkmoon during Blitz & Holy Nightfalls)
    Result:
    31g6z4ivztkq.jpg
    <Insane laughter and extra moaning>

Poor Holy! :sad:

(Thanks for helping me out guys!) :heartbeat:

And then, I had my "Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship moment":
    Dead Orbit:
    nzg5r8ydnvf2.jpg

That sure was a fine evening :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    1 hour workout on exercise bike, 12 miles, 500 calories+

All while playing Destiny and doing 2 weekly heroics with randoms (cant use a headset while exercising) and barely felt bothered by the exercise at all.

Lazy and productive! (also you really appreciate playing with PA dudes after playing with xXxBluntChronicxXx and his YOLO friends.)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I got your back Holy. You and I can leave these clowns and start our own anti-Hawkmoon clan. With blackjack! And hookers!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    On the plus side, at least the Sony-side people have a chance at Hawkmoon. Us lowly Xbox peasants still have another 5-6 months' wait. =P

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I got your back Holy. You and I can leave these clowns and start our own anti-Hawkmoon clan. With blackjack! And hookers!

Can I join as well? I'm forever destined to receive coins, shards and crappy sniper rifles as NF rewards.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    I'll be on at six central if anyone wants to nf

• Options
    edited March 2015
    And then, I had my "Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship moment":
    Dead Orbit:
    nzg5r8ydnvf2.jpg

That sure was a fine evening :biggrin:

Carl when he got his spaceship:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhG8Ry-L3IQ

Not even exaggerating. 100% accurate.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Carl, I'm jealous, as usual. I can't wait to get that ship!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Anyone on/looking to do the NF?

• Options
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    @twmjr sure I'm on now whenever you're ready

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    rockurcradlerockurcradle Registered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    Anyone on/looking to do the NF?

Just logged in and ready for nightfall...lemme know

I own:
    -->PS1-grey, PS2-black and PS4-white
    -->PSP-the very first fat lady
    -->Sega game gear and Nintendo game boy

Oh Yeah!!!

**PSN-rockurcradle
  • Options
    Thanks @Cormac & Hoosier! Had to run off -- @rockurcradle I think they might be running it again with other characters if you want to hit them up.

• Options
    rockurcradlerockurcradle Registered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    Thanks @Cormac & Hoosier! Had to run off -- @rockurcradle I think they might be running it again with other characters if you want to hit them up.

Thnx man!! What did you get from nightfall exotic or legendary?

I own:
    -->PS1-grey, PS2-black and PS4-white
    -->PSP-the very first fat lady
    -->Sega game gear and Nintendo game boy

Oh Yeah!!!

**PSN-rockurcradle
  • Options
    Got dropped The Last Word...I've honestly never really used hand cannons in this game; I'm more of a scout rifle person, but I may give it a shot...

This discussion has been closed.